Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 15:44 - Oct 22 with 5546 viewsDyfnant

Seriously... what does he offer*
*please make me eat my words 2nd half

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Routledge on 21:24 - Oct 22 with 860 viewsDarran

Routledge on 21:22 - Oct 22 by monmouth

I thought Llorente showed that he's easily our best choice forward today.

He looked good when he came on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Routledge on 21:24 - Oct 22 with 860 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Big unit.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Routledge on 21:25 - Oct 22 with 852 viewsjack247

He looked better than Baston, but I think he needs Baston on the pitch to be able to shine. If that makes sense...
Routledge on 21:29 - Oct 22 with 840 viewsmidswan

Agree with this. Borja looks well off in comparison similar to Paloschi to me.
Routledge on 21:43 - Oct 22 with 818 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Routledge on 21:25 - Oct 22 by jack247

He looked better than Baston, but I think he needs Baston on the pitch to be able to shine. If that makes sense...

I think Borja is a 'fox in the box' kind of player - in the right place at the right time, and that's how he gets his goals. He doesn't look very good at holding up the ball or winning aerial challenges or....much else...

Llorente doesn't have that poachers instinct, but he's strong as an ox and seems a better all round footballer.

They both looked better with a partner up front; Complement each other well.

Anyone for 4-4-2....?

Enjoying the next level

Routledge on 21:52 - Oct 22 with 806 viewsmonmouth

Routledge on 21:43 - Oct 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I think Borja is a 'fox in the box' kind of player - in the right place at the right time, and that's how he gets his goals. He doesn't look very good at holding up the ball or winning aerial challenges or....much else...

Llorente doesn't have that poachers instinct, but he's strong as an ox and seems a better all round footballer.

Anyone for 4-4-2....?

Yes, Bob Bradley, as I understand it.

Maybe our American contributors can confirm his preference, sorry , his "philosophy"?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Routledge on 21:55 - Oct 22 with 801 viewsRancid

Llorente better than Baston?
Routledge on 21:56 - Oct 22 with 793 viewsmonmouth

Routledge on 21:55 - Oct 22 by Rancid

Today? By a thousand miles.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 788 viewsjack247

He was today
Routledge on 22:01 - Oct 22 with 781 viewsjack247

Routledge on 21:43 - Oct 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Anyone for 4-4-2....?

On the limited amount I've had to judge them on, Llorente looks like a worse Bony, Baston looks like a better Danny Graham. I think they would be a decent strike partnership, their strengths cover the others weaknesses.

He has to go 442 (which means dropping Siggy or playing him out of position) or 352 (which means dropping Barrow) to play them both though. He has some big calls to make.
Routledge on 22:08 - Oct 22 with 767 viewsFlashberryjack

Routledge on 21:25 - Oct 22 by jack247

£15 million for Baston ? who the f*ck thought that was value for money,,,,,,,,,,Agents £££££

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Routledge on 22:10 - Oct 22 with 761 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Llorente has a way better first touch than Bony

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Routledge on 22:13 - Oct 22 with 756 viewsRancid

He only played 20 minutes and has been shit all season.Baston comes with a big reputation, years younger, played 7 or 8 games less, scored more goals, has everything to prove and his whole career ahead of him.Llorente had a good 20minutes to half hour, been absolute dog shit all season, over the hill, no hunger cos he's seen it all before, raised his game against Liverpool, surprise surprise and scored.Baston is a 1 in 2 goals a game man,is 6ft3 just an inch shorter than Llorente so can be used like Llorente as a target man but has so much more to his game that Llorente now has.5 years ago it would have been a different argument and Baston wouldn't be fit enough to lace FL's boots but we've moved on now and Baston must be our number 1 striker ahead of the has been FL who can turn in a decent shift but not all season long.Baston is our man and Llorente the best 2nd striker we've had in years.
Routledge on 22:13 - Oct 22 with 753 viewsLeonisGod

Looking through these post-match threads I've got the opposite view to you pretty much all the time. You're not my missus are you?
Routledge on 22:18 - Oct 22 with 741 viewsjack247

Routledge on 22:10 - Oct 22 by NeiltheTaylor

Llorente has a way better first touch than Bony

Yes and he is just as strong. He can't finish like him though. Not sure if he can play those clever flicks and one twos, as he doesn't have teammates giving him the same opportunity as Bony had
Routledge on 22:19 - Oct 22 with 736 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Routledge on 22:13 - Oct 22 by Rancid

He only played 20 minutes and has been shit all season.Baston comes with a big reputation, years younger, played 7 or 8 games less, scored more goals, has everything to prove and his whole career ahead of him.Llorente had a good 20minutes to half hour, been absolute dog shit all season, over the hill, no hunger cos he's seen it all before, raised his game against Liverpool, surprise surprise and scored.Baston is a 1 in 2 goals a game man,is 6ft3 just an inch shorter than Llorente so can be used like Llorente as a target man but has so much more to his game that Llorente now has.5 years ago it would have been a different argument and Baston wouldn't be fit enough to lace FL's boots but we've moved on now and Baston must be our number 1 striker ahead of the has been FL who can turn in a decent shift but not all season long.Baston is our man and Llorente the best 2nd striker we've had in years.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 22:23]

Enjoying the next level

Routledge (n/t) on 22:21 - Oct 22 with 733 viewsDarran

Routledge on 22:19 - Oct 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 22:23]

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 22:24]

Routledge on 22:22 - Oct 22 with 730 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Routledge on 22:13 - Oct 22 by Rancid

F*ck sake man. It's 2016 - "I'm a hands-on, working man, don't do this keyboard and grammar sh*t" bollocks. Shape up.

Just can't read that f*cking letter mess.

Enjoying the next level

Routledge on 22:24 - Oct 22 with 719 viewsDarran

Routledge on 22:22 - Oct 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

F*ck sake man. It's 2016 - "I'm a hands-on, working man, don't do this keyboard and grammar sh*t" bollocks. Shape up.

Just can't read that f*cking letter mess.

That's funny,great bloke is Rancid though and I love reading his posts

Baglan boy really too.

Routledge on 22:31 - Oct 22 with 705 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Routledge on 22:24 - Oct 22 by Darran

That's funny,great bloke is Rancid though and I love reading his posts

Baglan boy really too.

I nominated him as poster of the year last year...

I want to read what he says, but when there's a paragraph 20 miles wide it's hard to follow.

Enjoying the next level

Routledge on 22:34 - Oct 22 with 697 viewsDarran

Routledge on 22:31 - Oct 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I want to read what he says, but when there's a paragraph 20 miles wide it's hard to follow.

He's a good man. I wouldn't give him poster of the year though.

Routledge on 22:41 - Oct 22 with 687 viewsJack11

We don't play to either of their strengths enough to judge definitively. Llorente needs good crosses to attack and Borja needs service from the central areas threaded through. Not much of that on show today again.
Routledge on 22:43 - Oct 22 with 683 viewsjackrabbit

Routledge on 19:42 - Oct 22 by vetchonian

Who do we play instead.? Yes he has lost some pace but still puts a shift in.
The fact he is still first choice is down to our poor recruiting over the last few seasons.
He was note worst player on the pitch by a long chalk today....Gylfi makes mistakes ...he is always trying little back flicks which don't always work and gives away possession but he never gets slated but he is a skilful player as is Routs but now he is getting beyond his prime

Well said. Routledge is an honest player who tries hard and, as you say, puts a shift in. It's not as if we've got a surfeit of wingers. Montero and Dyer are injured and Mo is on the pitch. I'd rather see Routs out wide than Gylfi who was wasted out there by Guidolin. I thought he did well today and sent some good balls into the penalty box. He also tracked back and prevented a certainWatford goal. He deserves better than the constant carping criticism he gets on here.
Routledge on 22:47 - Oct 22 with 675 viewsRancid

I just typed and typed and typed.I play this silly game where i cant breath until i finish my post.I was blue and had to stop the mrs from ringing A&E.I once passed out and had to have CPR after we lost to Cardiff up there.
Routledge on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 670 viewsRancid

Routledge on 22:31 - Oct 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I've just posted this on the season ticket thread

I'm gonna disagree.They're doing it for the love of their club and the way it's been whored out by individuals for their own financial gain which is millions of pounds.They even dressed it up as it'll benefit the squad and club just to appease the fans when infact it was a smokescreen for them to make obscene amounts of money and then not give a shit about the way the club would or could suffer.They stuffed the Trust, the fans and even the players with aspirations of a new and exciting era at SCFC.When the truth was it was nothing of the kind and all it was was a way of making themselves as rich as they possibly could.If it wasn't the Yanks it would have been the Chinese or the Malaysians.Perhaps Huw and Katzon, no doubt, chose the Yanks with the dangling carrot of ''We could all make millions and millions from this lads but just be beware we will piss off a lot of fans along the way, but it'll be worth it once it all blows over', and in the Queens English would be easier to translate and understand.I admire these chaps who are giving up their tickets for making a stand and I know for a fact they will return once we've got rid of the smiling assassins currently at the club.Once a Jack always a Jack so they'll just watch it on their Kodi boxes and want us to win as much as ever and all without lining mercenaries pockets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024