Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Encouraging performance 16:54 - Oct 22 with 3007 viewsSwanzay

OK, we drew but will all going on behind the scenes that was an encouraging performance, even Ki made an effort.

Not the result we wanted, but a step in the right direction!

Well done Bob and the team!
Encouraging performance on 20:13 - Oct 22 with 849 viewsvetchonian

Encouraging performance on 19:58 - Oct 22 by Jack11

We have a decent defence to build on. Apart from that we carried no threat at all. Hit quite a few long balls too. Appeared a style similar to your average premier league relegation fodder. More cause for concern than optimism overall I'm afraid.

Tend to agree with that .we were lacking in midfield today I think Fer needs to play whilst our defence was better and we kept a clean sheet I saw no real improvement on the Man City or Liverpool games......and remember the difference in the quality of the opposition today!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Encouraging performance on 20:36 - Oct 22 with 802 viewsplasjack

Thought Ziggi was bad today, running round like a headless chicken, and should have had a hatrick.
Encouraging performance on 21:53 - Oct 22 with 734 viewsOldjack

It was good of him to make the necessary changes ,Defense looked solid all game and very unlucky not to take all three points

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Encouraging performance on 21:56 - Oct 22 with 731 viewsFlashberryjack

Encouraging performance on 17:08 - Oct 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Well if you couldn't see any improvement you must have been watching some other game.

Maybe you were.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Encouraging performance on 22:08 - Oct 22 with 708 viewsmax936

Encouraging performance on 21:53 - Oct 22 by Oldjack

It was good of him to make the necessary changes ,Defense looked solid all game and very unlucky not to take all three points

All about taking ew chances OJ and we didn't, Watford were solid, but not a team to worry teams for me, we should have won comfortably in the second half, but them having one shot on target speaks volumes.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Encouraging performance on 22:14 - Oct 22 with 702 viewsOldjack

Encouraging performance on 22:08 - Oct 22 by max936

All about taking ew chances OJ and we didn't, Watford were solid, but not a team to worry teams for me, we should have won comfortably in the second half, but them having one shot on target speaks volumes.

Watford atm are a comfy mid table team we're not that worries me

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Encouraging performance on 09:46 - Oct 23 with 617 viewsjohnlangy

Some strange negative postings there.

After the Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal games I said that, if we play like that against teams in 'our' league we'd be okay.

Firstly, keeping a clean sheet was hugely important. If we played six games like that against the Watfords of the league we'd get 9 or 10 points and be out of the relegation zone.
Encouraging performance on 10:03 - Oct 23 with 606 viewsPegojack

This s a tricky match to comment on, because there were definitely positives to take from it, but at the end of the day we only took one point when we desperately needed the three. We can't afford too many more of those against the lower half teams, because we sure as hell aren't going to get much from the top six this season.

The positives? Well, I posted earlier in the week that the most telling moment for me would be an hour before kick off, when I saw the line up. Would Bradley continue to select on reputation and 'status', as opposed to selecting those on form. The test was going to be if he selected FF and Taylor over VDH and Kingsley. Not only did he go with my preference, he totally shocked me by giving Mawson his debut, selecting Naughton over Rangel, Borja over Llorente, although the latter was probably more to do with Llorente's match fitness, and KI and Britton over Fer and Cork.

So full marks to Bob, and more than full marks to Mawson and VHD, who totally owned Deeney and Ighalo. In fairness, this was a typical lower league battle between two old fashioned centre forwards against two big, tall centre backs. We came out on top. They will have a different and much bigger test against Stoke a week Monday.

The full backs were competent in defence but I felt both could have done better going forward, the quality of crosses was not great.

Ki is getting some stick on here, but I thought he had a good game and got stronger as it went on. He even put in a bone juddering tackle in the last two minutes which left his opponent rolling on the floor, claiming a foul (it never was). I didn't think I'd be saying that today. he also moved the ball well out to the wings from deep midfield.

Mo put in a great shift and it was good to see he remained a threat for ninety minutes instead of drifting out of the game. Looks like he's bulked up to me, too.

Llorente had a very positive influence on the game when he came on, Borja looks much better playing off an out and out target man, he was too lightweight yesterday to compete for high balls pumped up to him for the first 70 minutes of the match.

Routledge got through an awful lot of covering donkey work yesterday and worked hard. I think people are getting on his back because he's not a direct goal threat any more, but he put in one lovely cross low across their six yard box which was a tap in for Borja if he'd anticipated correctly.

Leon had a solid game, but I felt BB missed a trick by not changing him for Fer in the last 15 minutes.

I thought Siggy showed signs of picking up his true form again and was unlucky with the one that hit the post.

Overall verdict? We still have a lack of quality which is going to make the relegation battle touch and go this season. But there's a long way to go yet, we have the transfer window to come (will Jenkins actually get permission to loosen the purse strings?) and I hope we'll see Montero back in contention in the near future. So I'm not in total despair yet, but these are worrying times. Once again the lack of decent transfer business in the summer is coming back to bite us. I can't help reflecting on how much better this team would be with Chadli and Allen in it.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 10:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Encouraging performance on 10:41 - Oct 23 with 572 views34dfgdf54

Encouraging performance on 19:32 - Oct 22 by NeiltheTaylor

Allen is going to school our midfield

I heard yesterday he may be looking at a ban? Potential case for violent conduct, not seen match of the day though so not sure.

But if he plays, you are right, he will tear us a new one.
Encouraging performance on 10:45 - Oct 23 with 569 viewsjack247

Encouraging performance on 09:46 - Oct 23 by johnlangy

Some strange negative postings there.

After the Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal games I said that, if we play like that against teams in 'our' league we'd be okay.

Firstly, keeping a clean sheet was hugely important. If we played six games like that against the Watfords of the league we'd get 9 or 10 points and be out of the relegation zone.

We are never going to play like that against team in 'our league'. To play like we did against the big teams, you need the opposition to attack you. You rely on working hard and hassling mistakes out of them high up the pitch. Against the lower and mid table teams, we have to be more creative as most will be happy to sit on a point.
Encouraging performance on 10:55 - Oct 23 with 557 viewsJango

Encouraging performance on 10:41 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

I heard yesterday he may be looking at a ban? Potential case for violent conduct, not seen match of the day though so not sure.

But if he plays, you are right, he will tear us a new one.

Coutinho, Silva, cazorla etc have all failed to school us in the middle of the park but Joe Allen certainly will, you'd swear stoke we're top of the league.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 10:55]
Encouraging performance on 10:57 - Oct 23 with 551 viewsjack247

Encouraging performance on 10:55 - Oct 23 by Jango

Coutinho, Silva, cazorla etc have all failed to school us in the middle of the park but Joe Allen certainly will, you'd swear stoke we're top of the league.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 10:55]

They aren't. They are just playing us.
Encouraging performance on 12:29 - Oct 23 with 493 viewscontroversial_jack

Encouraging performance on 10:57 - Oct 23 by jack247

They aren't. They are just playing us.

We didn't run out of steam during the second half, and we didn't pass the ball back to our half, however, Watford were not up to much, so it's a little concerning
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024