Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van de Hoon 17:29 - Oct 22 with 2673 viewsKinsey

Very impressed with him so far.

Very strong at the back.

Possible future captain?
Van de Hoon on 17:34 - Oct 22 with 2039 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Future captain? No.

However that back four should be starting each week.

Comfortably dealt with many counter attacks where they were outnumbered. Very impressive. Ki offered good protection too.

Leon looked like a lost child. Constantly having to foul from behind as the ball and player had past him. As much as I hate to say it I think we'd be better off playing Cork instead of Leon.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Van de Hoon on 17:48 - Oct 22 with 1967 viewsKingBony

Van de Hoon on 17:34 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Future captain? No.

Comfortably dealt with many counter attacks where they were outnumbered. Very impressive. Ki offered good protection too.

Leon looked like a lost child. Constantly having to foul from behind as the ball and player had past him. As much as I hate to say it I think we'd be better off playing Cork instead of Leon.

I'd prefer Leon, but don't care as long as they don't play together!!!

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Van de Hoon on 17:50 - Oct 22 with 1943 viewsGeoffThom

Van de Hoon on 17:34 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Future captain? No.

Now your talking crap cork should be nowere near the team he's been bloody awful ,and as for capt at the moment were rudderless so why not
Van de Hoon on 17:55 - Oct 22 with 1900 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Van de Hoon on 17:50 - Oct 22 by GeoffThom

Now your talking crap cork should be nowere near the team he's been bloody awful ,and as for capt at the moment were rudderless so why not

Cork can at least catch up with players. Once they are past Leon he is out of the game. I don't remember him making a tackle all match. He offered nothing.

Both Cork and Leon are not good enough for this level, however when we have Ki playing we do not need Leon on the pitch as his only meaningful contributions are when he comes deep to collect the ball. That is all he is capable of doing these days.

Van de Hoon on 17:57 - Oct 22 with 1889 viewsGeoffThom

Van de Hoon on 17:55 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Cork can at least catch up with players. Once they are past Leon he is out of the game. I don't remember him making a tackle all match. He offered nothing.

Both Cork and Leon are not good enough for this level, however when we have Ki playing we do not need Leon on the pitch as his only meaningful contributions are when he comes deep to collect the ball. That is all he is capable of doing these days.

Open your eyes cork has no pace either he's totally one dimensional
Van de Hoon on 18:03 - Oct 22 with 1854 viewsPrivate_Partz

Van de Hoon on 17:48 - Oct 22 by KingBony

I'd prefer Leon, but don't care as long as they don't play together!!!

Playing Leon and Corky was one of the things that saved us last season. Resurrected by King Curt and carried on by Frankie after Monk refusd to do so.
Due to our severely neglected midfield in the last window I seriously thing we should stick with the combo until the January window when we can rectify Huw's cock ups.
Not holding my breath on that one though.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Van de Hoon on 18:06 - Oct 22 with 1844 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Van de Hoon on 17:57 - Oct 22 by GeoffThom

Open your eyes cork has no pace either he's totally one dimensional

Yes, bit he has stamina because he's younger.

The question that really needs to be asked is : why did we leave our most aggressive midfielder (and top scorer) not in the starting line up and not even a used sub. Bob is sh*t!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Van de Hoon on 18:08 - Oct 22 with 1830 viewsNeathJack

Van de Hoon on 17:55 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oooo lets be contraversial and try and provoke a reaction out of people by saying Leon should be dropped.

Fcuking tiresome troll.
Login to get fewer ads

Van de Hoon on 18:20 - Oct 22 with 1784 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Van de Hoon on 18:08 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

Oooo lets be contraversial and try and provoke a reaction out of people by saying Leon should be dropped.

Fcuking tiresome troll.

Agreed. Tiresome troll most definitely. But we should have taken Leon off at 70 mins and chucled Fer on

Van de Hoon on 18:21 - Oct 22 with 1768 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Van de Hoon on 18:08 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

Fcuking tiresome troll.

So you think Leon should be starting for us in the Premier League this season?

Your memories of Leon in the lower divisions and early seasons in the Premier League blind you to how useless he is in the present.

Van de Hoon on 18:23 - Oct 22 with 1758 viewsRancid

Yep, big of an error keeping Leon on and not putting Fer in his place.says to me Bradley ws happy with the point.
Van de Hoon on 18:23 - Oct 22 with 1753 viewsGeoffThom

Van de Hoon on 18:20 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed. Tiresome troll most definitely. But we should have taken Leon off at 70 mins and chucled Fer on

Correct on Leon
Van de Hoon on 18:27 - Oct 22 with 1724 viewsNeathJack

Van de Hoon on 18:21 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Your memories of Leon in the lower divisions and early seasons in the Premier League blind you to how useless he is in the present.

I don't think any of Leon, Fer, Cork or Ki should be starting for us in the Premier League.

But of those, and in the defensive midfield role Leon is still the best option as he gives us the only chance of setting a tempo. Without him our play is slower than a snail with a limp.

If you think he's useless then i think you're watching the wrong sport.....or just being a tiresome troll obviously.
Van de Hoon on 18:32 - Oct 22 with 1690 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Van de Hoon on 18:21 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As I said on the game thread, you talk a complete load of CRAP.
Just for information Leon (who does nothing according to you)
Made 2 successful tackles
But much more importantly, because he can read the game, unlike you, he made 4 Interceptions, 3 clearances, 2 of which were in the Penalty Area and 1 block.
As well as of course, around 40 successful passes.

As you say he does nothing for the team

Why don't you go back to where you have been for the last few months?
Van de Hoon on 21:24 - Oct 22 with 1508 viewsjackrabbit

Geof Hoon was a Tory MP. We have Michael Van Der Hoorn.
Van de Hoon on 21:26 - Oct 22 with 1498 viewsjackrabbit

Van de Hoon on 21:24 - Oct 22 by jackrabbit

Geoff with 2 'f's even!
Van de Hoon on 22:00 - Oct 22 with 1435 viewsLeonisGod

VDH solid again, but i wish he'd let a striker get on the end of those set pieces! He should have had 2 goals in last 2 home games. Nice player though - a surprising gem.

As for Leon, he was caught out a few times. But have you noticed how he's pushing up the pitch more, and driving out wide occasionally. We used to have other players to take the game to the opposition and he could just sit and protect, but it looks to me that he's trying to force the issue and get us moving forward. A damning indictment of the state of our play and other players if so. Or am I reading to much into it?
Van de Hoon on 22:04 - Oct 22 with 1424 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Van de Hoon on 22:00 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

VDH solid again, but i wish he'd let a striker get on the end of those set pieces! He should have had 2 goals in last 2 home games. Nice player though - a surprising gem.

As for Leon, he was caught out a few times. But have you noticed how he's pushing up the pitch more, and driving out wide occasionally. We used to have other players to take the game to the opposition and he could just sit and protect, but it looks to me that he's trying to force the issue and get us moving forward. A damning indictment of the state of our play and other players if so. Or am I reading to much into it?

He was very unlucky today. He deserved a goal and he's getting in the right areas. Could be a monster of a player for us, a real fans favourite in the making

Van de Hoon on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 1411 viewsNeiltheTaylor

If Strikers win you games and defences win you titles, what about in a relegation fight? Must be a similar dynamic

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Van de Hoon on 08:16 - Oct 23 with 1292 viewsDr_Winston

No he wasn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Van de Hoon on 08:41 - Oct 23 with 1212 viewsicecoldjack

Van de Hoon on 18:20 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Cant argue with that.

Fer should have been on, i think bob was a bit unsure to risk it and lose the game, big decisions win games. hard job ahead.
Van de Hoon on 10:22 - Oct 23 with 1118 viewsWarwickHunt

He was a Labour MP and it's Geoff.

Has Trampie hacked your account?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 23:59]
Van de Hoon on 13:17 - Oct 23 with 1021 viewsSmellyplumz

Horn is definitely our finger in the dyke!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Van de Hoon on 14:08 - Oct 23 with 967 viewsRancid

Van de Hoon on 08:16 - Oct 23 by Dr_Winston

No he wasn't.

Happy Birthday for yesterday Jobs (belatedly).I deactivated for a few days.
Van de Hoon on 14:15 - Oct 23 with 961 viewsItchySphincter

Van de Hoon on 18:27 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

I don't think any of Leon, Fer, Cork or Ki should be starting for us in the Premier League.

But of those, and in the defensive midfield role Leon is still the best option as he gives us the only chance of setting a tempo. Without him our play is slower than a snail with a limp.

If you think he's useless then i think you're watching the wrong sport.....or just being a tiresome troll obviously.

I agree I think. If we want to play a certain way Leon is vital, even firing at 60-70% he is the best option if the rest of the players buy in to it. Ki is simply way too cowardly and weak to effectively play that role - you'll never see him commit to turn over possession and restart play where Leon can be pretty much relied on to do so -apples and oranges. Fer looks less refined than Ki because Ki only ever receives the ball in space rather than challenge for it and then always lays it off, often with a hospital ball - Fer plays a similar role but is more likely to put a foot in and challenge and then recycle play. It make shim look a bit more defensive but he's actually more dynamic at the Ki role than Ki, he just doesn't look as cultured.

Ki for Fer would have been the correct swap.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024