Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing about the sell out I don't get 20:12 - Oct 22 with 4268 viewsDarran

If as everyone makes out Martin Morgan didn't know about the dealings going on behind his back did he 'have to' sell?

Anyone?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 20:13]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One think about the sell out I don't get on 20:13 - Oct 22 with 3264 viewsSwansNZ

Nope, can't see any shareholders being forced to sell if they didn't want to.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:15 - Oct 22 with 3238 viewsDarran

And Katzen too.

One think about the sell out I don't get on 20:18 - Oct 22 with 3211 viewsDarran

One think about the sell out I don't get on 20:13 - Oct 22 by SwansNZ

Nope, can't see any shareholders being forced to sell if they didn't want to.

It's a strange one isn't it especially since Martin and Katzen had mentioned the Chinese interest in the Trust statement.

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:21 - Oct 22 with 3184 viewsNeiltheTaylor

What made them change their minds?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

One think about the sell out I don't get on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 3168 viewsblueytheblue

Easiest way to pay for a divorce I'd (drunkenly) guess.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:25 - Oct 22 with 3139 viewslondonlisa2001

Just back from a few days offline - have I missed anything?

In all seriousness, there are a few bits I don't get about all this to be absolutely honest.
One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:26 - Oct 22 with 3119 viewsNeiltheTaylor

It was all just a bad dream

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:27 - Oct 22 with 3097 viewsvetchonian

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:25 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

Just back from a few days offline - have I missed anything?

In all seriousness, there are a few bits I don't get about all this to be absolutely honest.

Have you not seen the trusts statement from the forum on Thursday Lisa?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:32 - Oct 22 with 3056 viewslondonlisa2001

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:27 - Oct 22 by vetchonian

Have you not seen the trusts statement from the forum on Thursday Lisa?

I was being sarcastic Vetchonian.

I have read it all, yes. And have also tried to plough my way through the threads on here as well discussing it all.
One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:37 - Oct 22 with 3003 viewsvetchonian

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:32 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

I was being sarcastic Vetchonian.

I have read it all, yes. And have also tried to plough my way through the threads on here as well discussing it all.

Ok Lisa it is a lot to take in isn't it
It does make me wonder what has gone on amongst the "fan" shareholders /directors which brought us here.
I have even thought why over the last 6 years the board didn't sit with the Trust and look at a development plan,how do we find investment, grow the club and ensure it retains a PL status and stays under the "ownership And control" of locals

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:46 - Oct 22 with 2923 viewsGowerjack

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:37 - Oct 22 by vetchonian

It does make me wonder what has gone on amongst the "fan" shareholders /directors which brought us here.
I have even thought why over the last 6 years the board didn't sit with the Trust and look at a development plan,how do we find investment, grow the club and ensure it retains a PL status and stays under the "ownership And control" of locals

Greed

Pure unadulterated greed

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:47 - Oct 22 with 2909 viewsjack247

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:15 - Oct 22 by Darran

And Katzen too.

Katzen I can understand and don't really blame. As far as I know, he had no real connection to us and speculated on buying shares in a club for relative peanuts. I'd have done the same thing in his position, in fact, I'd have done it in 2011 if I could have. Martin Morgan is a self made, local, multi-millionaire though.
One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:51 - Oct 22 with 2873 viewsmonmouth

That is a damned fine question. The answer's obvious though, they got richer by not giving a shit about the future of the club or local ownership. They were never custodians, they were always speculators. I, for one, will never forgive that.

They were desperate to sell to Yank Mk1 and were thwarted. No way were they going to miss Yank Mk2, no matter who they are (and we still don't know the source of funds).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:51 - Oct 22 with 2872 viewslondonlisa2001

There is a lot to take in mate yes.

As I see it, from what I've read, the Trust and the ownership have reached an impasse. The trust have two possible causes of action - one against the original shareholders for ignoring the right of first refusal in the shareholders agreement. The defence of the original shareholders appears to be that the agreement was not valid (I assume this is something to do with the long held rumour that the agreement was never signed). They also have a potential action against the new shareholders for lack of notice re the resolution to pass the new articles of association.

The position of the original shareholders re the first of these issues it seems to me is ironically undermined by the specific reference to the original shareholders agreement in the new articles of association! Also, given the mooted breach of contract, it is worth bearing in mind that a contract does not need to be written under English (and Welsh) law, but can be verbal. And if all parties have acted as though that contract existed, then it does (the Mel Nurse share sale could be key to this).

On the second issue, it's a slam dunk if the Trust were not given requisite notice under the companies act.

Other points worth mentioning - all the comments about HJ etc selling shares now to the Trust - under the new articles they can't so that is off the table.

But I have some questions about stuff that doesn't make sense. Firstly, the waiver of pre emption rights which transferred (quite specifically) shares from Swansea City LLP (the US holding company) to Martin Morgan, Louise Morgan and Katzen on 21st July.

I also am a little uneasy about statements about what was known and when (this may well be unpopular).

Can anyone on the Trust answer a very simple question? Does Huw Cooze receive a directors' fee from Swansea City? I am not implying anything by this question - I would like to have this cleared up if possible.
One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:14 - Oct 22 with 2751 viewsQJumpingJack

Does anyone know how many games Kaplan and/or Levien attended last season (pre-Chelsea home game announcement in April).

They were at Bournemouth away in March. Any other games?

How could the Directors who claim they were not involved in the discussions not know who they were/what they were planning?
One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:19 - Oct 22 with 2688 viewsjack247

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:14 - Oct 22 by QJumpingJack

Does anyone know how many games Kaplan and/or Levien attended last season (pre-Chelsea home game announcement in April).

They were at Bournemouth away in March. Any other games?

How could the Directors who claim they were not involved in the discussions not know who they were/what they were planning?

Because they were lying
One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:19 - Oct 22 with 2686 viewsFlashberryjack

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:21 - Oct 22 by NeiltheTaylor

What made them change their minds?

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ or maybe$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:21 - Oct 22 with 2670 viewsDarran

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:51 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

As I see it, from what I've read, the Trust and the ownership have reached an impasse. The trust have two possible causes of action - one against the original shareholders for ignoring the right of first refusal in the shareholders agreement. The defence of the original shareholders appears to be that the agreement was not valid (I assume this is something to do with the long held rumour that the agreement was never signed). They also have a potential action against the new shareholders for lack of notice re the resolution to pass the new articles of association.

The position of the original shareholders re the first of these issues it seems to me is ironically undermined by the specific reference to the original shareholders agreement in the new articles of association! Also, given the mooted breach of contract, it is worth bearing in mind that a contract does not need to be written under English (and Welsh) law, but can be verbal. And if all parties have acted as though that contract existed, then it does (the Mel Nurse share sale could be key to this).

On the second issue, it's a slam dunk if the Trust were not given requisite notice under the companies act.

Other points worth mentioning - all the comments about HJ etc selling shares now to the Trust - under the new articles they can't so that is off the table.

But I have some questions about stuff that doesn't make sense. Firstly, the waiver of pre emption rights which transferred (quite specifically) shares from Swansea City LLP (the US holding company) to Martin Morgan, Louise Morgan and Katzen on 21st July.

I also am a little uneasy about statements about what was known and when (this may well be unpopular).

Can anyone on the Trust answer a very simple question? Does Huw Cooze receive a directors' fee from Swansea City? I am not implying anything by this question - I would like to have this cleared up if possible.

"Other points worth mentioning - all the comments about HJ etc selling shares now to the Trust - under the new articles they can't so that is off the table"

Not even if future legal action was successful?

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:31 - Oct 22 with 2594 viewslondonlisa2001

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:21 - Oct 22 by Darran

"Other points worth mentioning - all the comments about HJ etc selling shares now to the Trust - under the new articles they can't so that is off the table"

Not even if future legal action was successful?

One thing that has become obvious is that they have over 75% of the votes, so they can do pretty much whatever they want re the new articles even if they have to 'do it again' via a special resolution.

The more important issue is the original shareholders agreement.
One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:32 - Oct 22 with 2582 viewsDarran

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:31 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

One thing that has become obvious is that they have over 75% of the votes, so they can do pretty much whatever they want re the new articles even if they have to 'do it again' via a special resolution.

The more important issue is the original shareholders agreement.

Yes but could legal action overturn anything mun?

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 22:04 - Oct 22 with 2448 viewsmonmouth

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:32 - Oct 22 by Darran

Can't see how it could overturn the sale or the transfer of voting rights. If the trust insisted on pre-emption offers, they couldn't afford to buy the shares anyway. The only legal (compensation) remedy for any fraud on the minority is surely the purchase of trust shares at the same strike price, not reversing the transaction?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 22:33 - Oct 22 with 2366 viewsWingstandwood

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 21:32 - Oct 22 by Darran

I seriously hope the threat of some form of legal action is causing them sleepless nights and a fair bit of anxiety. IMO it will be Karma for the likes of JVZ e.g. for his previous actions and despicable disrespect (on Twitter) shown to the likes of yourself, SCFC supporters and SCST.

The thought of them not being 100% sure that they've got their hands fully on all that filthy-lucre?..... and the fact their grubby deal may not be fully done and dusted brings me great joy.

Respect to SCST for informing us of the true shenanigans and disgusting behaviour that has happened. It's absolutely fantastic (albeit also sad and infuriating at times) that some individuals have been exposed for what they truly are. The movie JTAK will haunt them IMO because it shows the true magnitude of their two-faced-treachery by comparing then to now scenario(s) with all the accompanying mind-blowing hypocrisy involved!

Argus!

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 10:09 - Oct 23 with 2044 viewsexiledclaseboy

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 20:51 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

Lisa's last paragraph. Anyone got an answer? I think it's important.

Poll: Tory leader

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 18:26 - Oct 23 with 1769 viewsbarry_island

Why is it important? I honestly don't know. Is it something they could try to use against the Trust?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 18:27]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 18:28 - Oct 23 with 1756 viewslondonlisa2001

One thing about the sell out I don't get on 18:26 - Oct 23 by barry_island

Why is it important? I honestly don't know. Is it something they could try to use against the Trust?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 18:27]

I'll tell you why I asked when someone answers the question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024