Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our young defense 20:43 - Oct 22 with 1073 viewsjesushchrist

Only thing I took away from today's game is a glimmer of hope for the back 4's future, I thought Mowson, van der horn and Kingsley looked comfortable playing together, very early days I know, but with Amat in the mix I think we could have a decent defensive unit,we need to replace naughton as the kid just isn't good enough in my opinion, hopefully we can scrape some money back for Fede and I would honestly be happy to see Neil Taylor sold to them up the road.
Our young defense on 20:49 - Oct 22 with 1047 viewsNeathJack

They certainly look like they'll give us a decent defensive platform for next seasons promotion push.
Our young defense on 20:59 - Oct 22 with 1002 viewsRancid

''You won't win anything with kids''. I've always thought experience was just a word for someone who's coming to the end of his career who cant do it physically but has the know how upstairs to just about get away with furthering his career especially football.Phil Taylor has experience in abundance which allows him to continue to win titles on the dartboard, but he's not running around for 90 minuts trying to keep up with Eden Hazard.So what does come with experience?Having played against a certain team/ player before? A better understanding of the game? My take on it is they're no better than the likes of a young footballer making his way in the game.Said player is hungry, impressionable, super fit and will adjust to whoever he plays cos he's seen them enough from the bench or on videos.Experience is just an extension of a players career and even if he has inside info on another player to pass on to a rookie then that's all it should be and if I was that rookie and good enough I'd think ''I'm better than you pal and I'll do it my own way, thank you very much', while pretending to hang off his every word.
Our young defense on 21:12 - Oct 22 with 962 viewsjesushchrist

Our young defense on 20:49 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

They certainly look like they'll give us a decent defensive platform for next seasons promotion push.

You think we are doomed then?
I honestly think we are going to have just enough to stay up, there are 3 worse teams than us.
Our young defense on 21:24 - Oct 22 with 936 viewsNeathJack

Our young defense on 21:12 - Oct 22 by jesushchrist

I honestly think we are going to have just enough to stay up, there are 3 worse teams than us.

I think we're in deep, deep trouble. Too early to say we're doomed but I simply don't think there's enough goals in the team.

If we can keep ourselves alive until January then what we do in the window will be key. We need 2 quality central midfielders, a winger who doesn't spend the season injured and at least 1 full back.
Our young defense on 22:01 - Oct 22 with 895 viewsjesushchrist

I think we looked more threatening in attack when he put 2 up front, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of that, if they are not getting the service from the wings then let Llorente and Baston create their own chances.
Our young defense on 22:02 - Oct 22 with 885 viewsNeathJack

Our young defense on 22:01 - Oct 22 by jesushchrist

I think we looked more threatening in attack when he put 2 up front, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of that, if they are not getting the service from the wings then let Llorente and Baston create their own chances.

I wouldn't argue with that.
Our young defense on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 872 viewsLeonisGod

Our young defense on 21:24 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

I think we're in deep, deep trouble. Too early to say we're doomed but I simply don't think there's enough goals in the team.

If we can keep ourselves alive until January then what we do in the window will be key. We need 2 quality central midfielders, a winger who doesn't spend the season injured and at least 1 full back.

Tend to agree (and I'm normally calm after a match). Today worried me, and we have to break out of this rut now. We needed 3 pts today, but appeared hesitant throughout at clueless at times. Give it to Mo and see what he can do. That was the only plan until Llorente came on. Mo does scare teams to death, but he's still lacking end product. Bob very quickly needs to find a way of making us a threat again.
Our young defense on 22:20 - Oct 22 with 837 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our young defense on 22:02 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

I wouldn't argue with that.

We could have been a lot more threatening with Fer palying instead of two DM's. At home. Against Watford. WTF???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Our young defense on 22:24 - Oct 22 with 820 viewsNeathJack

Our young defense on 22:20 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

We could have been a lot more threatening with Fer palying instead of two DM's. At home. Against Watford. WTF???

Absolutely.

To at the very least not bring him on for the last 20 minutes was utterly criminal. Coach Bob had him warming up practically all second half and seemed to be in conference with Curt et al for ages at a time yet no change was made.

Baffling.
Our young defense on 22:27 - Oct 22 with 809 viewsFireboy

Our young defense on 22:20 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Don't think it was that bad picking 2 DM as we were playing 442 and fer as we all know camt play 90 amd cant track back well but was quite surprised not to see him come on at all especially when we were in the ascendancy after llorente came on

I think BB will probably rue not bringing him on and I do hope not getting the win doesn't bite us on the arse at the end of the season
Our young defense on 22:28 - Oct 22 with 807 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our young defense on 22:24 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

Absolutely.

To at the very least not bring him on for the last 20 minutes was utterly criminal. Coach Bob had him warming up practically all second half and seemed to be in conference with Curt et al for ages at a time yet no change was made.

Baffling.

Bob strikes me as someone who doesn't know what he's doing. Why not involve your top scorer at ANY point in a game against opposition he would have dominated????

Oh Tommy Tommy could not be reached for comment

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our young defense on 18:10 - Oct 24 with 622 viewsAussieSwan

Our young defense on 21:12 - Oct 22 by jesushchrist

There may be three worse teams than us in terms of quality, but hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard

We should have been throwing the kitchen sink at Watford on the weekend. Goals win games and will ultimately be how we stay up. I don't care how we score them just as long as we do.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Our young defense on 18:32 - Oct 24 with 596 viewsairedale

Perhaps the manager was worried we would lose confidence if we went behind, so was being cagey.
Our young defense on 19:23 - Oct 24 with 529 viewsjasper_T

Will want to see how that back four copes in a game where we don't control most of the game before getting too excited.
Our young defense on 20:01 - Oct 24 with 509 viewsmax936

Our young defense on 22:09 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

Tend to agree (and I'm normally calm after a match). Today worried me, and we have to break out of this rut now. We needed 3 pts today, but appeared hesitant throughout at clueless at times. Give it to Mo and see what he can do. That was the only plan until Llorente came on. Mo does scare teams to death, but he's still lacking end product. Bob very quickly needs to find a way of making us a threat again.

We overuse Mo and teams just double up on him because he's the only one that is a threat, they don't worry about Routs half as much, I can't believe that there isn't a player out there that is unattached who cannot improve us, even if its just for the season may even be two players out there.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Our young defense on 21:35 - Oct 24 with 460 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Our young defense on 20:01 - Oct 24 by max936

We overuse Mo and teams just double up on him because he's the only one that is a threat, they don't worry about Routs half as much, I can't believe that there isn't a player out there that is unattached who cannot improve us, even if its just for the season may even be two players out there.

Well we have a couple of pretty quick youngsters that they cound 10 or 15 minutes at the end of games until Montero is fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024