Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow 13:19 - Oct 23 with 3655 viewsTheFranchise

He's played really well recently.

I can't be the only one looking for him to drive into the box with the ball and invite contact for a penalty am I? Players like him get fouled in the box all the time.
Barrow on 13:20 - Oct 23 with 2194 viewsChrisSCFC

Agree with that I also wish he'd get himself in the box more when the balls going down the other flank.
Barrow on 13:27 - Oct 23 with 2160 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Agree with those but I also wish he wouldn't stand still when the opposition have the ball or walk back slowly leaving his full back exposed time after time. He's a very good attacking player but the defensive side to his game doesn't exist and it's not enough in today's game.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Barrow on 13:43 - Oct 23 with 2113 viewsPegojack

Mate said he was expecting a cheeky bid for him in January. Not that we'd sell, but someone would put down a marker for the end of the season, when we might well be waving the Premier league goodbye.
Barrow on 13:44 - Oct 23 with 2106 viewsMurph75

Am I the only one who thinks he's a bit sh!t?
Barrow on 13:46 - Oct 23 with 2097 viewsChrisSCFC

Barrow on 13:44 - Oct 23 by Murph75

He's not great is he, unfortunately he's the least of our worries at the moment.
Barrow on 13:49 - Oct 23 with 2081 viewsMurph75

Barrow on 13:46 - Oct 23 by ChrisSCFC

He's not great is he, unfortunately he's the least of our worries at the moment.

Good point.

Happy with the back 4 yesterday though.
Barrow on 13:51 - Oct 23 with 2066 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Barrow on 13:27 - Oct 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Agree with those but I also wish he wouldn't stand still when the opposition have the ball or walk back slowly leaving his full back exposed time after time. He's a very good attacking player but the defensive side to his game doesn't exist and it's not enough in today's game.

For someone who's defensive game does not exist he made 9 passes, 2 tackles and 1 failed clearance in our half yesterday.
Funny how perceptions vary isn't it?
Barrow on 13:51 - Oct 23 with 2064 viewsLeonisGod

I wouldn't go that far, but I said at the start of the season that he needed to kick on this year. We've been hearing for 2-3 years now about how much talent he has, so he needs to start delivering.He's incredibly raw still despite being about 24 and although it's good to see him run at players I rarely feel as though he's going to hurt teams. Mind you, without him this team would be awful to watch.
Login to get fewer ads

Barrow on 13:52 - Oct 23 with 2062 viewsjack247

I wouldn't say shit, just one dimensional. What he does well, he does very well. In all fairness, I didn't see the Arsenal game, but every single person I've spoken to said he was immense.

Needs to work on his off the ball movement though. Would be a lot more dangerous if he was running on to through balls instead of having to start off with a defender on him and another closing the space behind.
Barrow on 13:57 - Oct 23 with 2035 viewsMurph75

Barrow on 13:52 - Oct 23 by jack247

I wouldn't say shit, just one dimensional. What he does well, he does very well. In all fairness, I didn't see the Arsenal game, but every single person I've spoken to said he was immense.

Needs to work on his off the ball movement though. Would be a lot more dangerous if he was running on to through balls instead of having to start off with a defender on him and another closing the space behind.

I noticed that yesterday. Instead of hanging on the full backs shoulder ready to sprint on to the ball he's constantly waiting for the ball to be played to his feet.

Takeaway his pace and he's very limited in touch, passing and decision making. When you think about the life span of a professional footballer you could say he's almost half way through his career.

As Leon has just said he's the best we've got right now. That's quite scary when you think about it.
Barrow on 13:59 - Oct 23 with 2022 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Barrow on 13:51 - Oct 23 by A_Fans_Dad

For someone who's defensive game does not exist he made 9 passes, 2 tackles and 1 failed clearance in our half yesterday.
Funny how perceptions vary isn't it?

Yes, thinking about it he does have a defensive game as the one failed clearance yesterday and the circus like defending he did against Liverpool testify.

Maybe it's better for the team if he doesn't try defending at all because it invariably helps the opposition.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Barrow on 14:03 - Oct 23 with 2010 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barrow on 13:20 - Oct 23 by ChrisSCFC

Agree with that I also wish he'd get himself in the box more when the balls going down the other flank.

I agree with you and Dave. But he's not the only one. For years we have pussyfooted around the penalty area without being incisive and directly running at defenders. A penalty is bound to result sooner or later

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Barrow on 14:07 - Oct 23 with 1980 viewsLoyal

Barrow on 14:03 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree with you and Dave. But he's not the only one. For years we have pussyfooted around the penalty area without being incisive and directly running at defenders. A penalty is bound to result sooner or later

Emnes was excellent at it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Barrow on 14:07 - Oct 23 with 1978 viewsjasper_T

No.

He flatters by doing the exciting stuff as a winger, but his end product is all over the place.

Steadily improving, but the Americans won't be unplugging the phone for fear of offers in January.
Barrow on 14:08 - Oct 23 with 1976 viewsMurph75

Barrow on 14:07 - Oct 23 by Loyal

Emnes was excellent at it.

Scott Sinclair wasn't bad at it either.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:09]
Barrow on 14:20 - Oct 23 with 1935 viewsTheFranchise

Barrow on 14:08 - Oct 23 by Murph75

Scott Sinclair wasn't bad at it either.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:09]

He was the one that came to mind. Cheeky bid in Jan maybe?

Watched Bolasie on MOTD and he's exactly the sort of player a team like us needs. He runs with purpose and directly towards the goal.
Barrow on 14:21 - Oct 23 with 1928 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barrow on 14:20 - Oct 23 by TheFranchise

Watched Bolasie on MOTD and he's exactly the sort of player a team like us needs. He runs with purpose and directly towards the goal.

Yes. Buy Bolasie. Not Sinclair.

Barrow on 14:26 - Oct 23 with 1904 viewsChrisSCFC

Barrow on 14:20 - Oct 23 by TheFranchise

Decent shout but would he fit into our attractive, fluid passing style?

Let's not forget we've got Nathan Dyer to come back too.
Barrow on 14:27 - Oct 23 with 1896 viewsLeonisGod

He makes Naughton look poor as he's on the shoulder of the fullback wanting a ball over the top, even when that option isn't really on. So there's often oceans of space between them and Naughton inevitably opts for the easier ball back to a CB. Rangel/Dyer it isn't. Although their link up play was a bit better yesterday to be fair.
Barrow on 14:30 - Oct 23 with 1877 viewsTheFranchise

Barrow on 14:26 - Oct 23 by ChrisSCFC

Decent shout but would he fit into our attractive, fluid passing style?

Let's not forget we've got Nathan Dyer to come back too.

We play fluid passing football? :)
Barrow on 14:32 - Oct 23 with 1868 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barrow on 14:30 - Oct 23 by TheFranchise

We play fluid passing football? :)

He's still watchig the Laudrup vids

Barrow on 14:32 - Oct 23 with 1868 viewsmacthejack

Surprised he's getting a slating to be honest, one of about only three players in this team who look capable of creating something.
Barrow on 14:36 - Oct 23 with 1854 viewsChrisSCFC

Barrow on 14:32 - Oct 23 by macthejack

Surprised he's getting a slating to be honest, one of about only three players in this team who look capable of creating something.

At least he wakes the crowd up if nothing else.
Barrow on 14:38 - Oct 23 with 1834 viewsTheFranchise

Barrow on 14:32 - Oct 23 by macthejack

I've not slated him, he's positive, I like that.

If he didn't slow down to wait for support and ran straight into the box, defenders would be wetting themselves.

He'd win us at least 10 penalties a season.
Barrow on 14:41 - Oct 23 with 1821 viewsmonmouth

Dyer used to win a few penalties.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024