Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis update 15:52 - Oct 24 with 1219 viewsTummer_from_Texas

While it's been perhaps a bit bitterly frustrating seeing him finally reach his potential again back in France, looks like our problems going forward (since he's still under contract until 2018 for now) are solved.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marseille-keen-sign-sw

Poll at the bottom of the article - "Do you think Swansea City should keep Gomis?" - might possibly be the dumbest poll question I've ever seen. Based on the current results, it appears that 16% of the readers of this article have been Cardiff fans.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 15:56]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gomis update on 16:19 - Oct 24 with 1148 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If the chairman of another business which had a turnover of ~£100,000,000 wasted ~£16,000,000 like we did with Gomis, do you think they would still be in that job?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gomis update on 16:34 - Oct 24 with 1084 viewsOldjack

Gomis update on 16:19 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If the chairman of another business which had a turnover of ~£100,000,000 wasted ~£16,000,000 like we did with Gomis, do you think they would still be in that job?

Crystal balls, if only ,init

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gomis update on 16:45 - Oct 24 with 1048 viewspencoedjack

Gomis update on 16:19 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd imagine the turnover in football managers / directors would be pretty high if they were always sacked
Gomis update on 16:49 - Oct 24 with 1032 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis update on 16:45 - Oct 24 by pencoedjack

I'd imagine the turnover in football managers / directors would be pretty high if they were always sacked

Maybe. But this wasn't a one off. It has been six transfer windows of sustained ineptitude regarding recruitment. One bad window is forgivable. Two should be where fans and shareholders begin questioning the decisions. Once it is three in a row then that should be it. Wish said person the best in their future endeavours.

Instead Huw is going to get a seventh go in January which I am sure will be just as terrible. The fact he's being paid £500,000 a year before bonuses to do this job is sickening.

Gomis update on 16:53 - Oct 24 with 1023 viewsDarran

Gomis update on 16:49 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Maybe. But this wasn't a one off. It has been six transfer windows of sustained ineptitude regarding recruitment. One bad window is forgivable. Two should be where fans and shareholders begin questioning the decisions. Once it is three in a row then that should be it. Wish said person the best in their future endeavours.

Instead Huw is going to get a seventh go in January which I am sure will be just as terrible. The fact he's being paid £500,000 a year before bonuses to do this job is sickening.

I don't think anyone can argue with this can they?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gomis update on 17:02 - Oct 24 with 990 viewsjacabertawe

Gomis update on 16:53 - Oct 24 by Darran

The buck stops with HJ of course, but on whose advice did he make those poor signings?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Gomis update on 17:05 - Oct 24 with 980 viewsOldjack

yep ,we've always shopped in the bargain basement for players and they always come with a big risk tag attached, that's how we've survived in this unforgiven league for so long. Yes we've had a few right duffers along the way but we survived same applies to managers .One of theses days our luck will run out as does happen to most small clubs in this league

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gomis update on 17:06 - Oct 24 with 974 viewsDarran

Gomis update on 17:05 - Oct 24 by Oldjack

yep ,we've always shopped in the bargain basement for players and they always come with a big risk tag attached, that's how we've survived in this unforgiven league for so long. Yes we've had a few right duffers along the way but we survived same applies to managers .One of theses days our luck will run out as does happen to most small clubs in this league

One of these days? You been in a coma Alan?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis update on 17:10 - Oct 24 with 964 viewsOldjack

for you simpleton, This could be the season we make the massive drop ,tears will e shed and knifes will be sharpened

Gomis update on 17:27 - Oct 24 with 908 viewsTummer_from_Texas

OK, so...getting back to the OP if I may...

How much if anything can we expect for Gomis next summer? He'll be 32, but he's already got 6 goals in 9 appearances, making him the 3rd leading scorer in the league.

At this point, I'd be glad just to dump him for his final season's wages. But if somehow he keeps it up and finishes in the top 5 of French scorers, that's got to be worth a little extra; even at 32, right?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gomis update on 17:46 - Oct 24 with 870 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis update on 17:05 - Oct 24 by Oldjack

We initially shopped in the bargain basement but that soon changed after arriving in this league. Yes we'd make purchases like Michu and Chico which were tremendous, but the likes of Gomis (£16m), Ayew (£16m), Bony (£12m), Fernandez (£8m), Paloschi (£8m) and others which I've probably forgotten certainly aren't bargains for a club like us. That is colossal percentage of our transfer and wage budgets to splash on one player.

Unfortunately most of our 'bargain' signings were truly useless. There is a reason the likes of Cork were sold for £2m, it is because no one else was willing to pay more. And it is clear to see why other clubs scouts/heads of recruitment deemed he was not worth more. Because he is not very good.

The same can be said for most players signed over the past three years. Consistent spends of £4m or £5m on rubbish like Tabanou , Emnes and the rest who never stood a chance of improving on our starting 11 is what will be the reason we will be relegated in my opinion.

Having to call upon Angel Rangel off our bench to replace a winger when we're chasing the game in need of a goal is hysterical.

Gomis update on 17:49 - Oct 24 with 861 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis update on 16:49 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not a fan of N'gog then?
Gomis update on 17:56 - Oct 24 with 833 viewsE20Jack

no. very well put

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gomis update on 18:04 - Oct 24 with 818 viewslonglostjack

Could have been worse. We could have sold a player and bought him four years later for a 100 times what we sold him for.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Gomis update on 18:13 - Oct 24 with 791 viewsAussieSwan

Gomis update on 17:46 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We initially shopped in the bargain basement but that soon changed after arriving in this league. Yes we'd make purchases like Michu and Chico which were tremendous, but the likes of Gomis (£16m), Ayew (£16m), Bony (£12m), Fernandez (£8m), Paloschi (£8m) and others which I've probably forgotten certainly aren't bargains for a club like us. That is colossal percentage of our transfer and wage budgets to splash on one player.

Unfortunately most of our 'bargain' signings were truly useless. There is a reason the likes of Cork were sold for £2m, it is because no one else was willing to pay more. And it is clear to see why other clubs scouts/heads of recruitment deemed he was not worth more. Because he is not very good.

The same can be said for most players signed over the past three years. Consistent spends of £4m or £5m on rubbish like Tabanou , Emnes and the rest who never stood a chance of improving on our starting 11 is what will be the reason we will be relegated in my opinion.

Having to call upon Angel Rangel off our bench to replace a winger when we're chasing the game in need of a goal is hysterical.

Bang on with both of your posts here Dwight

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Gomis update on 18:23 - Oct 24 with 765 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Gomis update on 18:13 - Oct 24 by AussieSwan

Unfortunately though that actually helps us from an attacking purpose

Surely bring on an aging right back as an art king outlet would not happen anywhere else.

Although for what it's worth I'd still start Rangel unless he's up against someone who is lightning, then take him off when he's tiring

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Gomis update on 21:39 - Oct 24 with 614 viewsbuilthjack

No Dwight

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gomis update on 22:00 - Oct 24 with 560 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Gomis update on 18:13 - Oct 24 by AussieSwan

No the second is absolute bull shit when he says " but the likes of Gomis (£16m), Ayew (£16m), Bony (£12m), Fernandez (£8m), Paloschi (£8m) and others which I've probably forgotten certainly aren't bargains for a club like us.".
Bony made the club £13M pure profit, Ayew kept us up last year and ended up costing us nothing.
Fernandez was not worth quite £8M, but was the going rate for a middle rate Defensive player and Paloschi ended up costing us a few million.
Emnes cost us just over £1M and was well worth it as Backup winger/striker during a period of high injury rates as he was never intended to "improve the squad".
And last but not least Gomis has not cost us £16M and he also contributed to keeping us up last year.
Gomis update on 22:13 - Oct 24 with 537 viewsEbo

Gomis update on 18:23 - Oct 24 by PatchesOHoulihan

Unfortunately though that actually helps us from an attacking purpose

Surely bring on an aging right back as an art king outlet would not happen anywhere else.

Although for what it's worth I'd still start Rangel unless he's up against someone who is lightning, then take him off when he's tiring

Angel was only brought on as Barrow was crocked and we had nobody else on the bench who could play in a wide position. Either bring Angel on or massively change the formation.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Gomis update on 22:54 - Oct 24 with 491 viewsSwansNZ

Gomis update on 17:46 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why do you say that Gomis and Ayew cost us 16 million in transfer (sign on) fees? I've not seen anything close to that mentioned before

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024