Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman 19:33 - Oct 24 with 14608 viewsmarchamjack

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/10/24/Franchises/Swansea

We have a new COO...

Were The Trust consulted?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:49 - Oct 25 with 2163 viewsmarchamjack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:45 - Oct 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Like him or hate him, that's a very entertaining twitter account to follow.

Is the new (possible) head of the free world supposed to be entertaining?

Saying that, wouldn't be a bad thing if Theresa May (she really is Prime Minister isn't she) gave us a laugh now and again.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:54 - Oct 25 with 2132 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:49 - Oct 25 by marchamjack

Saying that, wouldn't be a bad thing if Theresa May (she really is Prime Minister isn't she) gave us a laugh now and again.

No, but I'm not arguing that he should be our President.

I'm just explaining why following him on twitter would not mean you are endorsing him.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:56 - Oct 25 with 2125 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:49 - Oct 25 by marchamjack

The "free world" is all entertaining these days.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 18:28 - Oct 25 with 2023 viewsAtticus

Looks like Pearlman played football (the soccer type) in college. He was a defender. Maybe he'll get the back four sorted.

http://athletics.wesleyan.edu/sports/msoc/1994-95/bios/pearlman_chris_srcp
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 19:13 - Oct 25 with 1940 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Bob already sorted that last week! We need a midfield enforcer now!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 19:34 - Oct 25 with 1847 viewsLoyal

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 19:37 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

Generally the person in charge of the day to day running of the organisation, answerable only to the CEO and shareholders.

Basically, someone likely to step on Huw's toes.

If he is accountable to the shareholders then the trust should start making lots of noise in his face.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 19:53 - Oct 25 with 1806 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 06:33 - Oct 25 by phact0rri

For me... COO is the second in command of a coperation, they oversee the buisness as the CEO's mouth/ears. Honestly this could describe a chairperson. But I don't know if it translates over to a director of football kind of role.

For me they'd have be completely insane, to put a former baseball player, and marketing exec into the front seat of handling transfers and personel for a sport they know very little about, in a continent they have never dealt with before (this organization for the record, only lists US sport in the CV).

I would assume that this Pearlman guy, is coming in as a proper COO as the puppet on strings for the American owners. And that either:

a) Jenkins stays on only in a director of football role (which is the opposite of what the supporters are complaining about)

b) That before january we will be hiring on a new person to be the director of Football.

I could be wrong, but oh my goodness, it will be quite obvious that these new majority shareholders are trying to take command of a ship without knowing starboard from port side.

This. This is my read, too.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:00 - Oct 25 with 1781 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:29 - Oct 25 by vetchonian

Id pitch a name for our new DoF.....Landon Donavon

What makes you think that LD knows crap about assessing talent? Because he was a very good American player (arguably the best), played on loan for Everton, couldn't cut it at BL, and was very successful with MLS? HUH? He has vast less experience than Bob Bradley and you want to trust him with selecting players that can add to Swansea FC? Really?!

Has he set up the process for scouting acquisition? The aggregation of various reports, etc. Has he negotiated contracts? What is his experience with agents? There is much more to DoF than signing a player....

LD=Amateur DoF=Swansea FC Relegation
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:02 - Oct 25 with 1772 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Not surprising Everton retained the services of Kevin Reeves long after Martinez was dismissed.

Once Huw is sacked, do you think Laudrup would be interested in a director of football role here? After all most of our positive signings in this division came under his time in charge and I am confident it was him and his associates identifying players like Chico, Michu and Hernandez, rather than Huw and whoever he's employing to help him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:03 - Oct 25 with 1768 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 18:28 - Oct 25 by Atticus

Looks like Pearlman played football (the soccer type) in college. He was a defender. Maybe he'll get the back four sorted.

http://athletics.wesleyan.edu/sports/msoc/1994-95/bios/pearlman_chris_srcp

Wesleyan is D3 - lowest college level with no scholarships.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:04 - Oct 25 with 1764 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:00 - Oct 25 by JoeSoccerFan

What makes you think that LD knows crap about assessing talent? Because he was a very good American player (arguably the best), played on loan for Everton, couldn't cut it at BL, and was very successful with MLS? HUH? He has vast less experience than Bob Bradley and you want to trust him with selecting players that can add to Swansea FC? Really?!

Has he set up the process for scouting acquisition? The aggregation of various reports, etc. Has he negotiated contracts? What is his experience with agents? There is much more to DoF than signing a player....

Vetcholan - I may have reacted too strongly. It wasn't about you, just the choice of LD
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:21 - Oct 25 with 1725 viewsAtticus

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:03 - Oct 25 by JoeSoccerFan

Wesleyan is D3 - lowest college level with no scholarships.

My comment was a joke.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:37 - Oct 25 with 1694 viewsDewi1jack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:21 - Oct 25 by Atticus

My comment was a joke.

Like our new boards promise to work with the Trust type of joke?
I think that's the Merrycans trying to do British humour to fit in.

Joesoccerfan saying about LD= amateur.
See, even he knows Leigh dimwit is a joke and he's only been around a short while.
No wonder the Septics are bringing in someone who can count to 10 without the help of a Janet and John calculator.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 21:15 - Oct 25 with 1652 viewsMillie

Is Skype still free?
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 21:19 - Oct 25 with 1634 viewsTheResurrection

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 21:15 - Oct 25 by Millie

Is Skype still free?

Q&A session on Skype Mr Cooze?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 23:04 - Oct 25 with 1490 viewsStarsky

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:37 - Oct 25 by Dewi1jack

Like our new boards promise to work with the Trust type of joke?
I think that's the Merrycans trying to do British humour to fit in.

Joesoccerfan saying about LD= amateur.
See, even he knows Leigh dimwit is a joke and he's only been around a short while.
No wonder the Septics are bringing in someone who can count to 10 without the help of a Janet and John calculator.

He wasn't talking about our LD. He was talking about Landon Donovan

It's just the internet, init.

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 01:13 - Oct 26 with 1424 viewsstAteSwan

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:00 - Oct 25 by JoeSoccerFan

Swansea is not appointing Landon Donovan as a Director of Football...that's foolish. Besides, LD has yet to confirm whether or not he is going to re-retire after this LA Galaxy season is over.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 17:01 - Oct 26 with 1309 viewsvetchonian

I do not believe LD is qualified to be our DoF but then I didnt believe Bob Bradley was qualified to be our manager/head coach at our present time....but I am not the one who is hiring. I floated the name as I believe that is what our new investors maybe thinking

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:20 - Oct 26 with 1222 viewsDewi1jack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 23:04 - Oct 25 by Starsky

He wasn't talking about our LD. He was talking about Landon Donovan

I know.
But the words LD = amatuer was too good an opportunity to miss

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024