Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust news? 02:25 - Oct 26 with 12450 viewsshandyjack

so many threads been brough up in last 24 hours. What have i missed? is there some scandel going on inside the trust? Can i be narrowed down the latest news please

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Trust news? on 13:55 - Oct 27 with 1133 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The new administration might be looking at the Trust and thinking they'd better start backing a friendly Huw Cooze, because the alternative might be far more difficult to "work with"

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Trust news? on 13:56 - Oct 27 with 1121 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 13:55 - Oct 27 by NeiltheTaylor

The new administration might be looking at the Trust and thinking they'd better start backing a friendly Huw Cooze, because the alternative might be far more difficult to "work with"

If that's a result of som putting a bit pressure in here then at least that's a positive and something to build on. Eek, excuse the cliche!
The Trust news? on 14:10 - Oct 27 with 1095 viewsMattG

I was one of those who put themselves forward in the recent Trust elections - have to say, I'm beginning to think missing out was a blessing in disguise!

We have been rightly critical of the new owners for a lack of action on a number of fronts so I do think there needs to be a visible move by the Trust in respect of the HC issue - as a minimum, HC probably needs to step down as the SD. Whether he could (or would want to) continue in one or more of his other roles, I'm not sure but I do think that change needs to be made.

There also needs to be some sort of public statement from the Trust about this specific issue rather than risk being seen as treating it almost as an aside as part of the recent governance changes. Had this story not broken during half term, there's a chance that this would already have been done - I hope so, anyway. The positive thing is that steps have already been taken via those changes to ensure that this sort of situation can't happen again and I'm confident that lessons have been learned.

Beyond this, I'm not sure how much more the Trust can do at this stage. There are calls for Phil and Jim White and probably others to also stand down but I'm not sure there's much benefit to such wholesale changes, particularly in the absence of a credible alternative. As I say, I'm confident that lessons have been learned and, if they can earn back everyone's support, there's no reason why the Trust can't emerge from this whole situation as an even stronger entity.
The Trust news? on 14:13 - Oct 27 with 1089 viewsperchrockjack

...and "credible alternstive " is the key issue which many have missed.

Good post

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Trust news? on 14:17 - Oct 27 with 1087 viewsDarran

The Trust news? on 14:10 - Oct 27 by MattG

I was one of those who put themselves forward in the recent Trust elections - have to say, I'm beginning to think missing out was a blessing in disguise!

We have been rightly critical of the new owners for a lack of action on a number of fronts so I do think there needs to be a visible move by the Trust in respect of the HC issue - as a minimum, HC probably needs to step down as the SD. Whether he could (or would want to) continue in one or more of his other roles, I'm not sure but I do think that change needs to be made.

There also needs to be some sort of public statement from the Trust about this specific issue rather than risk being seen as treating it almost as an aside as part of the recent governance changes. Had this story not broken during half term, there's a chance that this would already have been done - I hope so, anyway. The positive thing is that steps have already been taken via those changes to ensure that this sort of situation can't happen again and I'm confident that lessons have been learned.

Beyond this, I'm not sure how much more the Trust can do at this stage. There are calls for Phil and Jim White and probably others to also stand down but I'm not sure there's much benefit to such wholesale changes, particularly in the absence of a credible alternative. As I say, I'm confident that lessons have been learned and, if they can earn back everyone's support, there's no reason why the Trust can't emerge from this whole situation as an even stronger entity.

Well I'm disappointed that the people that put themselves forward for the recent Trust elections weren't co-opted on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust news? on 14:21 - Oct 27 with 1084 viewsMattG

The Trust news? on 14:17 - Oct 27 by Darran

Well I'm disappointed that the people that put themselves forward for the recent Trust elections weren't co-opted on.

As I understand it, there were significantly more nominations for the co-opted positions than for the full Trust Board - not sure why that is.
The Trust news? on 14:32 - Oct 27 with 1049 viewsDarran

The Trust news? on 14:21 - Oct 27 by MattG

As I understand it, there were significantly more nominations for the co-opted positions than for the full Trust Board - not sure why that is.

Nor me they should have gone down the list of election candidates first in my opinion.

The Trust news? on 14:44 - Oct 27 with 1028 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust news? on 14:10 - Oct 27 by MattG

I think anyone credible, and by that I mean someone who would go in there and really make a change, would find it impossible to work with Phil and Jim who have, let’s not mince words here, deceived us and yeah, really let us down.

At the very minimum it should be those 3 who fall on their sword.

This, if done correctly and swiftly, would be a show of strength and would give the institution a chance to recover. They have made grave mistakes of which there can be no return.

The longer this dithers on the worst it will be for us in any sort of coming together with the Americans. And yes, I do still thing we need to come together as oppose to fight against them. We should be looking to sell our shares in much the same way the other shareholders have ie sell the majority but keep a small percentage to keep our hand in. We are already a silent partner, let’s at least be that with a war chest in the bank for that rainy day that could very well still come.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust news? on 15:00 - Oct 27 with 993 viewsLoyal

The Trust news? on 14:44 - Oct 27 by TheResurrection

I think anyone credible, and by that I mean someone who would go in there and really make a change, would find it impossible to work with Phil and Jim who have, let’s not mince words here, deceived us and yeah, really let us down.

This, if done correctly and swiftly, would be a show of strength and would give the institution a chance to recover. They have made grave mistakes of which there can be no return.

The longer this dithers on the worst it will be for us in any sort of coming together with the Americans. And yes, I do still thing we need to come together as oppose to fight against them. We should be looking to sell our shares in much the same way the other shareholders have ie sell the majority but keep a small percentage to keep our hand in. We are already a silent partner, let’s at least be that with a war chest in the bank for that rainy day that could very well still come.

I have no doubt it will come.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Trust news? on 15:24 - Oct 27 with 955 viewscostalotta

Yes to the first part...mostly.

No to the selling of Trust Shares. We should maintain that position and try and influence. We should be taking the right legal advice and acting on it. If there are a means of using the legal advice to gain some form of financial compensation or similar this may allow us a battle fund . And should it true that the Americans are looking to dilute the share holdings, we may be in position to increase ours. Im no expert on the sort of stuff and I'm sure others will comment if it feasible or not? The point being we maintain or try to increase our stake. That has been an aim and should remain one the aims IMO.

Also, we should be fund raising at every opportunity. There are 19 home games a season so theres start.

Why not sponsor the junior leagues in South Wales, that in turn may into a positive means of recruitment as well spreading the word and quite possibly some additional revenue from new members. My kids play in eh junior leagues and I've never once seen any mention of the Trust at games, festivals etc. Why don't we make better use of Social Media, For example, A You Tube channel to communicate and open up debate. Why not have a family membership?

Uniting the fans and moving forward together is the only choice we have. I am just not convinced we can be united with the current regime.
The Trust news? on 15:25 - Oct 27 with 953 viewsDarran

Well I certainly don't think Phil Sumbler should resign because without his expertise going forward I believe we'd be well and truly f*cked plus I obviously know how much hard work HC puts in.

Anyway Christopher can I ask you two serious questions?

1. Why do you say *Stuart Mac should stay,hasn't he got any knowledge of what's been going on like HC,PS & JW then? Or is he completely in the dark over it all? I'm genuinely interested to why you're singling him out.

2. If you achieve your aim of decimating the current Trust board will you then be putting your good self forward to become part of the new board or at least helping in the future?

*This is in no way a dig at Stu because he's a very nice man.

The Trust news? on 15:30 - Oct 27 with 938 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 15:25 - Oct 27 by Darran

Well I certainly don't think Phil Sumbler should resign because without his expertise going forward I believe we'd be well and truly f*cked plus I obviously know how much hard work HC puts in.

1. Why do you say *Stuart Mac should stay,hasn't he got any knowledge of what's been going on like HC,PS & JW then? Or is he completely in the dark over it all? I'm genuinely interested to why you're singling him out.

2. If you achieve your aim of decimating the current Trust board will you then be putting your good self forward to become part of the new board or at least helping in the future?

I had the pleasure of working in the same organisation as Stu many years ago. Down at the Evening Post. He is indeed a very nice man and I enjoyed talking Swans with him on may occasions. In those days we had Frankie Burrows as our manager, Mark 'chopper' Harris as our CH and Jimmy Gilligan as our striker!

I remember he scored a thunderbolt against Spurs in the League Cup. It was the winner i think? But we lost the second leg by 4 or 5 and were knocked out. Probably around the 1991/92 I'd say.

Fantastic!
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 15:36]
The Trust news? on 15:32 - Oct 27 with 934 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Which just goes to show how badly organised the Trust is, because they have more or less been a closed shop nobody knows how to run it? They should of been taking on young volunteers and blooding them in for years.

Also its not exactly effective at the moment is it? So experience of what exactly? How to get shafted?
The Trust news? on 15:34 - Oct 27 with 926 viewsDarran

The Trust news? on 15:32 - Oct 27 by Return_of_the_Jack

Which just goes to show how badly organised the Trust is, because they have more or less been a closed shop nobody knows how to run it? They should of been taking on young volunteers and blooding them in for years.

Also its not exactly effective at the moment is it? So experience of what exactly? How to get shafted?

Yeah they should of.

The Trust news? on 15:34 - Oct 27 with 926 viewscostalotta

Exactly!
The Trust news? on 15:51 - Oct 27 with 896 viewsLoyal

The Trust news? on 15:30 - Oct 27 by costalotta

I had the pleasure of working in the same organisation as Stu many years ago. Down at the Evening Post. He is indeed a very nice man and I enjoyed talking Swans with him on may occasions. In those days we had Frankie Burrows as our manager, Mark 'chopper' Harris as our CH and Jimmy Gilligan as our striker!

I remember he scored a thunderbolt against Spurs in the League Cup. It was the winner i think? But we lost the second leg by 4 or 5 and were knocked out. Probably around the 1991/92 I'd say.

Fantastic!
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 15:36]

That was a night game. I was 22 or so, we lost 5-1 Lineker scored for them, Chappel for us, a scorcher. Mass doings outside, knives branded, old school would be term used now.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The Trust news? on 15:57 - Oct 27 with 884 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 15:51 - Oct 27 by Loyal

That was a night game. I was 22 or so, we lost 5-1 Lineker scored for them, Chappel for us, a scorcher. Mass doings outside, knives branded, old school would be term used now.

Yes. It was 5-1 (or 5 to 1 for our American friends) :)

I didn't get to the away game but showing my age now i was at the 3-1 league cup win in '78 ! My dad took me and it was my first away game. My 2nd away game was the next round v QPR. They beat us 2 nil. I am the same age as you so that would have made about 8 at the time!

HA!
The Trust news? on 15:59 - Oct 27 with 880 viewsPozuelosSideys

So in order to stregthen the Trust and to gain a stronger foothold in the boardroom you suggest, errmm.. making the Trust weaker by removing those who hold a great deal of knowledge and experience in their respective roles? Right now? When we need these people the most?

The last thing it does is show strength, it actually would throw the whole thing into chaos as nobody would be up to speed in anything. It would take months for people to do so, its not just something you can step into overnight.

If anything, there needs to be additional headcount to support those already in the roles rather than cut and replace.

This isnt like dealing with Petty and bags of 50p at service stations. This is a multimillion$ corporate.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Trust news? on 15:59 - Oct 27 with 880 viewsLoyal

The Trust news? on 15:57 - Oct 27 by costalotta

Yes. It was 5-1 (or 5 to 1 for our American friends) :)

I didn't get to the away game but showing my age now i was at the 3-1 league cup win in '78 ! My dad took me and it was my first away game. My 2nd away game was the next round v QPR. They beat us 2 nil. I am the same age as you so that would have made about 8 at the time!

HA!

Mid eighties for me. Our fathers have a lot 2 answer 4 👍
Older jacks will get it.

The Trust news? on 16:06 - Oct 27 with 868 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 15:59 - Oct 27 by Loyal

Mid eighties for me. Our fathers have a lot 2 answer 4 👍
Older jacks will get it.

Indeed, i'm sure they all will. What was your first away game ?

The first one i went to without adult supervision was Fulham away in 83. We lost 5 nil. JimmY Rimmer in goals and had a night mare. It was a sign of things come which did over the next 4/5 years.

I was also lucky enough to go to Bournemouth and witnesses our first away win in about 2 or 3 years. Remember that? that long without an away win. It was a midweek night match. I think Stevie Mardenborough got the winner? A long time ago now.
The Trust news? on 16:16 - Oct 27 with 847 viewsLoyal

The Trust news? on 16:06 - Oct 27 by costalotta

Indeed, i'm sure they all will. What was your first away game ?

The first one i went to without adult supervision was Fulham away in 83. We lost 5 nil. JimmY Rimmer in goals and had a night mare. It was a sign of things come which did over the next 4/5 years.

I was also lucky enough to go to Bournemouth and witnesses our first away win in about 2 or 3 years. Remember that? that long without an away win. It was a midweek night match. I think Stevie Mardenborough got the winner? A long time ago now.

Put it this way, my first memorable one was panathaniakos away.

The Trust news? on 16:28 - Oct 27 with 835 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 16:16 - Oct 27 by Loyal

Put it this way, my first memorable one was panathaniakos away.

Wow!!!

There was some trouble wasn't there! 3-2 loss? Didn't we have John Solako playing for us?

Wasn't there myself but I remember it well as was reported in the news and papers etc. The build up to the home game was interesting and a few greek restaurants had closed for night if i remember correctly.

We should have won that game and the tie!
The Trust news? on 17:03 - Oct 27 with 802 viewsmorningstar

Innit eh. Stu Mac is one of the nicest people i've ever known, but to single him out shows how very little the poster knows about him.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Trust news? on 17:28 - Oct 27 with 768 viewsDarran

The Trust news? on 17:03 - Oct 27 by morningstar

Innit eh. Stu Mac is one of the nicest people i've ever known, but to single him out shows how very little the poster knows about him.

Well I'd like an answer.

The Trust news? on 17:38 - Oct 27 with 748 viewsIAN05

The Trust up until this year have not exactly been turning people away. The fact is that almost every year no-one is willing to step forward. I was once one of the 'young volunteers' and there have been a few more since but I and most of the others had to give up the role due to the huge time sacrifice and just how difficult these roles are.

There is no doubt there have been big mistakes in this situation but we shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking that these people can step down and other younger, more talented, capable people will step up and do the work free of charge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024