Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player 08:58 - Oct 26 with 5945 viewssherpajacob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/37760114

If you are one of the 8%, why don't you just eff off now?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 9:02]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:04 - Oct 26 with 1350 viewsSwanjack10

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:51 - Oct 26 by nice_to_michu

I'm sure they really appreciate their dad talking then up on an anonymous Internet forum.

They probably enjoy the sport and good luck to them. But honestly, nobody really cares about your kids' kick-boxing achievements.

Any names mentioned? I didn't want a round of applause , or give 2 f ucks *who cares* I care, they care and one day on this planet with twa ts about like yourself and worse, its a very useful tool.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:32 - Oct 26 with 1307 viewsGowerjack

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 09:26 - Oct 26 by Lohengrin

I've been going for thirty five years, mate. In all that time, over all those beers before and after the match, I can't honestly recall gay footballers cropping up in conversation so much as once. Not once in three and a half decades.

Do you think it weighs heavily on peoples' minds around here?

Loh

You're being disingenuous again....

I'm sure you must have been at the Vetch when Justin Fashanu was playing against us?

I remember an afternoon when for some reason there was an advertising promotion where Fishermans Friend's were given away at the turnstiles...

The entire North Bank was awash with menthol eucalyptus and homophopia.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:49 - Oct 26 with 1277 viewsLohengrin

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:32 - Oct 26 by Gowerjack

Loh

I'm sure you must have been at the Vetch when Justin Fashanu was playing against us?

I remember an afternoon when for some reason there was an advertising promotion where Fishermans Friend's were given away at the turnstiles...

I was probably away at the time, Gow.

EDIT: I've just had a look online to try and work out what year we're talking about and it appears to be the 1990/91 season. I'd have been up in London.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 22:03]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:56 - Oct 26 with 1266 viewsbuilthjack

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 18:06 - Oct 26 by jack247

Gareth Thomas has done very well out of coming out. I don't believe for a second that his motivation was anything other than to unburden himself and act as a role model for people in similar situations though.

Absolutely it was a big step and talk some serious bravery. Any footballer doing it would need to be equally brave.

Gareth Thomas makes money out of it at every opportunity.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:58 - Oct 26 with 1258 viewsWarwickHunt

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:32 - Oct 26 by Gowerjack

Loh

I've sucked a Fisherman's Friend...left a nasty taste in my mouth.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:59 - Oct 26 with 1258 viewsdickythorpe

Gareth Thomas has done wonders.
He was a loose cannon but has done a lot of good.
Remember this man reached nearly every height you can in his chosen sport, domestic champion, European champion, British lion and captain of his country......YET he almost killed himself.
I hope no one ever gets to that stage.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 22:02 - Oct 26 with 1247 viewsperchrockjack

Well used that ,Philip.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 22:08 - Oct 26 with 1237 viewsGowerjack

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:49 - Oct 26 by Lohengrin

I was probably away at the time, Gow.

EDIT: I've just had a look online to try and work out what year we're talking about and it appears to be the 1990/91 season. I'd have been up in London.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 22:03]

Yep.

Would have been around then.

Who knows where the time goes?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 22:46 - Oct 26 with 1210 viewsLohengrin

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 22:08 - Oct 26 by Gowerjack

Yep.

Would have been around then.

Who knows where the time goes?

Tell me about it! Twenty-six years gone by in a flash.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 22:54 - Oct 26 with 1203 viewsRancid

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 18:06 - Oct 26 by jack247

Gareth Thomas has done very well out of coming out. I don't believe for a second that his motivation was anything other than to unburden himself and act as a role model for people in similar situations though.

Absolutely it was a big step and talk some serious bravery. Any footballer doing it would need to be equally brave.

I bet Ched Evans would rather be gay.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 23:35 - Oct 26 with 1175 viewsnice_to_michu

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 21:04 - Oct 26 by Swanjack10

Any names mentioned? I didn't want a round of applause , or give 2 f ucks *who cares* I care, they care and one day on this planet with twa ts about like yourself and worse, its a very useful tool.

You're the gift that keeps on giving
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 08:55 - Oct 27 with 1095 viewsSwanzay

I can certainly remember Justin Fashanu getting vile abuse from the neanderthals on the NB.

Moving forward, seems there some of the 8% are West Ham fans:-

It said part of its investigation will include "a leaflet handed out before the match containing homophobic contents".

Images on social media before the game appeared to show a song sheet being distributed with homophobic lyrics aimed at Chelsea defender John Terry and striker Diego Costa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37783810
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 10:12 - Oct 27 with 1070 viewsDarran

I reckon the survey is bullshit myself. Are you telling me that if one if out players came out there'd be nearly 2000 empty seats at the next home game against Man United?

Utter bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 10:14 - Oct 27 with 1068 viewsshandyjack

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 10:12 - Oct 27 by Darran

I reckon the survey is bullshit myself. Are you telling me that if one if out players came out there'd be nearly 2000 empty seats at the next home game against Man United?

Utter bollox.

you have to question where the survey was polled, i don't remember getting asked my opinion on the matter by them

Poll: Expectation for the season

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 10:19 - Oct 27 with 1066 viewsDarran

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 10:14 - Oct 27 by shandyjack

you have to question where the survey was polled, i don't remember getting asked my opinion on the matter by them

Exactly Shand.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 11:19 - Oct 27 with 1052 viewsWarwickHunt

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 10:14 - Oct 27 by shandyjack

The clue was in the word "poll", it wasn't a referendum.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 12:24 - Oct 27 with 1027 viewsshandyjack

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 11:19 - Oct 27 by WarwickHunt

The clue was in the word "poll", it wasn't a referendum.

the clue was in the ' have to wonder who they POLLED' part of my statement

Poll: Expectation for the season

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 12:27 - Oct 27 with 1025 viewsDarran

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 12:24 - Oct 27 by shandyjack

the clue was in the ' have to wonder who they POLLED' part of my statement

Ignore Warwick I was talking about the Liberty Stadium it's not his forte.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 06:36 - Oct 28 with 950 viewsBrynmill_Jack

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 17:56 - Oct 26 by nice_to_michu

Why do you think it was personal gain with Gareth Thomas?

Even if it was (though I don't agree, for the record), it was an important step and I think we should respect that.

Fair play to Gareth Thomas, he's thorough alright. He must have "come out" 15 times or more by now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 07:10 - Oct 28 with 945 viewsDr_Winston

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 06:36 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Fair play to Gareth Thomas, he's thorough alright. He must have "come out" 15 times or more by now.

Wasn't he widely regarded as an absolute tosser long before he came out?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 17:55 - Oct 28 with 907 viewsBrynmill_Jack

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 07:10 - Oct 28 by Dr_Winston

Wasn't he widely regarded as an absolute tosser long before he came out?

Yes. A real dickhead. He makes Darran even look like "an individual who values his privacy" with his endless attention seeking. I wonder when the follow up novel is being published?
"Alfie - it's even harder being gay when you're very famous like me". £15.99 on amazon

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 18:30 - Oct 28 with 888 viewsHighjack

Literally everyone who knew anything about Gareth Thomas knew he was was gay years and years before he officially came out. Nobody cared. Which is the way it should be. It's his own business.

People say these sportspeople are scared to come out because of abuse. I reckon it's more to do with the fact they don't want all the extra attention and scrutiny, or they don't want their private business splashed all over the papers. Or perhaps they want to be recognised and remembered as a good footballer, not a gay footballer.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:32 - Oct 28 with 847 viewsBrynmill_Jack

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 18:30 - Oct 28 by Highjack

Literally everyone who knew anything about Gareth Thomas knew he was was gay years and years before he officially came out. Nobody cared. Which is the way it should be. It's his own business.

People say these sportspeople are scared to come out because of abuse. I reckon it's more to do with the fact they don't want all the extra attention and scrutiny, or they don't want their private business splashed all over the papers. Or perhaps they want to be recognised and remembered as a good footballer, not a gay footballer.

Indeed. It's the opposite with Thomas, he had to tell the world he was gay and that's fair enough. But ever sincerest just traded on being a gay rugby player , instead of wanting to be remembered as a good rugby player.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 04:43 - Oct 29 with 802 viewsskippyjack

This world is f*cked..

I stick my sausage in a mans bun!

well I stick my sausage in a women's bun!

well I'm special because I stick it in a man's bun, and gain attention for it!

I don't like you for sticking your sausage in a man's bun!.. haha, you stick a sausage in a man's bun!

well I'm proud of it!

who honestly gives an absolute f*ck?.. it's like two kids in a playground bickering on here..

The fact that people actually care about other people sticking their sausage in a different bun..

Our country is doomed with the morons that are on it..

This is a frequent debate in the upper echelons of the institutions we call education an all..

what has happened to this country?.. major debates because someone likes to stick their sausage in different buns.

I like the red car!

I like the green car!

my red car is bether than your green one!

f*cking ell.. wash your mouths out you simpletons.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 07:58 - Oct 29 with 790 viewsnice_to_michu

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 04:43 - Oct 29 by skippyjack

This world is f*cked..

I stick my sausage in a mans bun!

well I stick my sausage in a women's bun!

well I'm special because I stick it in a man's bun, and gain attention for it!

I don't like you for sticking your sausage in a man's bun!.. haha, you stick a sausage in a man's bun!

well I'm proud of it!

who honestly gives an absolute f*ck?.. it's like two kids in a playground bickering on here..

The fact that people actually care about other people sticking their sausage in a different bun..

Our country is doomed with the morons that are on it..

This is a frequent debate in the upper echelons of the institutions we call education an all..

what has happened to this country?.. major debates because someone likes to stick their sausage in different buns.

I like the red car!

I like the green car!

my red car is bether than your green one!

f*cking ell.. wash your mouths out you simpletons.

Let's make this simple enough for you to understand.

Group A has a long history of being considered "normal" and "right". Group B has a long history of being considered "abnormal" and "wrong". Group A has a long history of verbally and physically abusing group B, as well as discriminating against it in sport and the workplace.

All this occurs despite Group B being a product of nature, and not some choice that is intended to rile Group A.

To this day, there are still small, but significant elements of Group A who abuse Group B.

For your basic mind: Group A = heterosexual, Group B = homosexual
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024