Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player 08:58 - Oct 26 with 5961 viewssherpajacob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/37760114

If you are one of the 8%, why don't you just eff off now?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 9:02]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:10 - Oct 26 with 918 viewsSwanjack10

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 19:57 - Oct 26 by sherpajacob

are you placing yourself in the 8% then?

How would you react if someone of the standing of say, Curt, Leon or Roger Freestone came out as gay?.

I'm confident 99.9999% of swans fans wouldn't give a toss.

I wouldnt chant or abuse players or joe public for being an ass cadet, I think its wrong, thats my view, I'll post my opinion, hold my thoughts but would still admire the professional footballing ability.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:14 - Oct 26 with 908 viewsMurph75

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:06 - Oct 26 by blueytheblue

Tbf, if one of his Grade A kickboxer sons were gay and he went off on one with them, they'd knock him the f*** out...

Can you imagine trying to come out to someone like that? Hard to believe that there's people like him still about nowadays.

He reminds of the Dad from American beauty.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:16 - Oct 26 with 898 viewslondonlisa2001

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:03 - Oct 26 by Murph75

He probably believes being a kick boxer makes you immune from being gay.

There's a particularly well known kick boxer who is a close friend of a certain Real Madrid player unless I'm mistaken...

Oh, and I bet nothing like 8% of Swans fans would moan if he signed for us!
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:16 - Oct 26 with 898 viewsSwanjack10

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 19:52 - Oct 26 by londonlisa2001

Not sure why being a kick boxer has anything to do with it?

I note your avatar and am sure you must be aware that there is more than one man who has been World Boxing Champion who is gay.

I didnt know oz*avatar* did pro boxing, id admire the skills but wouldnt like the gaty side, ffs ass =exit of waste not entrance of another mans tool ffs mun

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:18 - Oct 26 with 889 viewsexiledclaseboy

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 19:43 - Oct 26 by Swanjack10

Yes I have 3 kids which ive brought up on my own and work, dont ever mention my kids in a thread ever, grade A kickboxers the boys , my young daughter still with me, all aware of the world and know whats right in life, this topic could go on forever! !!! To be bent as much as darrans bank account , is an illness or incorrect upbringing, so kindly fu ckoff.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:07]

Jesus Christ almighty.

Poll: Tory leader

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:18 - Oct 26 with 888 viewslondonlisa2001

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:16 - Oct 26 by Swanjack10

I didnt know oz*avatar* did pro boxing, id admire the skills but wouldnt like the gaty side, ffs ass =exit of waste not entrance of another mans tool ffs mun

Thankfully, all you'd be asked to do is admire the skills isn't it? It's not like he'd be likely to ask you on a date.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:20 - Oct 26 with 877 viewsLohengrin

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 19:52 - Oct 26 by londonlisa2001

Not sure why being a kick boxer has anything to do with it?

I note your avatar and am sure you must be aware that there is more than one man who has been World Boxing Champion who is gay.

And who could possibly forget British and Empire lightweight legend Charles 'The Hammer' Hawtrey?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:21 - Oct 26 with 871 viewsMurph75

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:16 - Oct 26 by Swanjack10

Oz would be mortified if he knew a bigot like yourself had him as an avatar.
Login to get fewer ads

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:21 - Oct 26 with 863 viewsperchrockjack

Freddie mills

Tragic case

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:23 - Oct 26 with 849 viewslondonlisa2001

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:20 - Oct 26 by Lohengrin

And who could possibly forget British and Empire lightweight legend Charles 'The Hammer' Hawtrey?

Charles Hawtrey was a genius.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:24 - Oct 26 with 841 viewsSwanjack10

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:20 - Oct 26 by Lohengrin

He was called the"hammer" for obvious reasons, fu ck me I got all the gay brigade on my case pmsl here

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:26 - Oct 26 with 836 viewsnice_to_michu

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:14 - Oct 26 by Murph75

Can you imagine trying to come out to someone like that? Hard to believe that there's people like him still about nowadays.

He reminds of the Dad from American beauty.

Boasting that your kid is a "grade A kick-boxer" is the reversal of the "my dad is harder than your dad" argument.

Except it's far more sad and pathetic.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:26 - Oct 26 with 834 viewsLohengrin

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:23 - Oct 26 by londonlisa2001

Charles Hawtrey was a genius.

He certainly was. As eccentric in real life as he appeared on screen. You've got to love that.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 20:30]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:27 - Oct 26 with 828 viewsperchrockjack

Think Charles hawtrey was looking for a sly tug there's,mind

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:27 - Oct 26 with 820 viewsSwanjack10

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:26 - Oct 26 by nice_to_michu

Boasting that your kid is a "grade A kick-boxer" is the reversal of the "my dad is harder than your dad" argument.

Except it's far more sad and pathetic.

Oi coc k suck show me the boasting, its an achievement they earned.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:28 - Oct 26 with 819 viewsMurph75

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:27 - Oct 26 by perchrockjack

Think Charles hawtrey was looking for a sly tug there's,mind

SwansJack would love to help him out. He's just playing hard to get.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:30 - Oct 26 with 798 viewsWarwickHunt

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:28 - Oct 26 by Murph75

SwansJack would love to help him out. He's just playing hard to get.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much...
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:34 - Oct 26 with 782 viewsMurph75

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:30 - Oct 26 by WarwickHunt

Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

I'm getting the same impression
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:46 - Oct 26 with 757 viewsSwanjack10

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:34 - Oct 26 by Murph75

I'm getting the same impression

Do you want a piece of me murph? Come out of the closet mun its ok

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:51 - Oct 26 with 745 viewsnice_to_michu

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:27 - Oct 26 by Swanjack10

Oi coc k suck show me the boasting, its an achievement they earned.

I'm sure they really appreciate their dad talking then up on an anonymous Internet forum.

They probably enjoy the sport and good luck to them. But honestly, nobody really cares about your kids' kick-boxing achievements.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:53 - Oct 26 with 737 viewsperchrockjack

20per cent of males have homosexual or bisexual tendencies.

Clearly, it's a case of regarded thinking to believe it's a crime, not natural or desirable.

It is what it is and you are who you are.

Nobody should live a lie.

Plenty of my generation did and killed themselves ,as did my nephew aged 21

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:54 - Oct 26 with 734 viewsMurph75

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:46 - Oct 26 by Swanjack10

Do you want a piece of me murph? Come out of the closet mun its ok

I'm extremely comfortable in my sexuality and have no issues with that of others. I have plenty of straight and gay friends.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have much in common so I'll politely decline your offer.
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:57 - Oct 26 with 715 viewsSwanjack10

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:54 - Oct 26 by Murph75

I'm extremely comfortable in my sexuality and have no issues with that of others. I have plenty of straight and gay friends.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have much in common so I'll politely decline your offer.

Wise choice , everyone is entitled to their own opinion , whatever the subject.

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:58 - Oct 26 with 708 viewsSirjohnalot

It always astonishes me that homophobic attitudes are still abound in 2016. For someone to say that they would not abuse a player for being gay yet homophobically abuse them in the same post says a lot about the poster's character.

I'm not entirely sure what someone being a kick boxer has to do with whether or not they are gay. Equally a 'decent upbringing' has nothing to do with someone's sexuality, it's akin to saying I've black hair therefore my mum and dad did a good job.

If I was gay and a professional footballer would I come out ? Not sure, part of me would say, 'it's nothing to do with anyone' but a bigger part would say 'sod 'em, it's who I am'.

Very proud to see that the vast majority in this thread are of the school that they wish that in 2016 this was a non story.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 21:00]
8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:59 - Oct 26 with 706 viewsMurph75

8% of fans would stop watching if their team had an openly gay player on 20:57 - Oct 26 by Swanjack10

Wise choice , everyone is entitled to their own opinion , whatever the subject.

Not really when that opinion is borderline homophobic and can be treated as a hate crime.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 20:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024