Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO 09:23 - Oct 27 with 2938 viewsLandore_Jack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-chris-pearlman-3384

#backtojack

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 09:25 - Oct 27 with 2310 viewsLandore_Jack

Interesting quote:

“Additionally, I recognise the important role the Supporters Trust has to play and I believe being here on a daily basis will allow for more frequent and improved communications with them.’’

#backtojack

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 09:26 - Oct 27 with 2308 viewsjohnlangy

“Additionally, I recognise the important role the Supporters Trust has to play and I believe being here on a daily basis will allow for more frequent and improved communications with them.’’
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 09:51 - Oct 27 with 2241 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It has taken them 3 days to announce it after doing so in the US.
We are definitely second class citizens in this Club.
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 10:08 - Oct 27 with 2202 viewsJoe_bradshaw

He'll be working closely with vice chairman Leigh Dineen.

Crikey.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 10:10 - Oct 27 with 2190 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

This is old news now, its been on here for days.
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 10:14 - Oct 27 with 2170 viewsLeonisGod

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 09:51 - Oct 27 by A_Fans_Dad

It has taken them 3 days to announce it after doing so in the US.
We are definitely second class citizens in this Club.

Wasn't it a press leak in the US? I believe today's the first time it's been confirmed by the club to anyone, whether in the US or here. Easy to understand why, as everyone seems to be on holiday. Polly the tea lady has probably been left in charge of PR.
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 11:31 - Oct 27 with 2073 viewsNeiltheTaylor

New broom sweeps clean and all that. He does actually look a bit like Ron Pearlman!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 11:48 - Oct 27 with 2022 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 10:08 - Oct 27 by Joe_bradshaw

He'll be working closely with vice chairman Leigh Dineen.

Crikey.

Leigh - get the shoe polish out.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 11:54 - Oct 27 with 2001 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Impressive commercial experience, hopefully will boost us in a department really needing it
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 12:31 - Oct 27 with 1881 viewsProfessor

A novelty in us having a professional sports administrator. A positive move by Levien and Kaplan
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 12:44 - Oct 27 with 1817 viewsadamswan

If he is as experienced/qualified as his CV suggest, then hopefully it won't be too long before he 'works out' Leigh Dineen and promotes him to tea boy. 2 Sugars please Leigh.
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 13:13 - Oct 27 with 1759 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"Strategic

VWSE owns and operates exciting sports properties and provides strategic in-depth assistance to various leagues, teams and federations. We help our clients develop integrated sponsorship and advertising strategies, manage media rights and provide effective third party sales representation."

http://www.vanwagner.com/what-we-do/property-media-sales

Are they looking to buy the stadium and rent it back to us?

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 13:21 - Oct 27 with 1726 viewslonglostjack

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 13:13 - Oct 27 by NeiltheTaylor

"Strategic

VWSE owns and operates exciting sports properties and provides strategic in-depth assistance to various leagues, teams and federations. We help our clients develop integrated sponsorship and advertising strategies, manage media rights and provide effective third party sales representation."

http://www.vanwagner.com/what-we-do/property-media-sales

Are they looking to buy the stadium and rent it back to us?

Roman Chaudhari one pf the new directors is also a property investor.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 13:43 - Oct 27 with 1658 viewsNeiltheTaylor

How it came about and the importance of the Trust

Pearlman, whose chance discussion with Levien over a naming rights deal for DC United's new stadium led to this new appointment, says it goes beyond just shirt sponsorship, but “association with the right brands” that can further the profile.

And yet while the new markets lie a long way from South Wales, he says matters close to home are not about to be ignored.

“I think having this new role will have a lot of benefits to do a lot of different things,” Pearlman says, adding that the Trust's Huw Cooze was involved alongside Huw Jenkins in rubber stamping his appointment.

“And one is definitely that Jason and Steve now have someone on the ground here, who can be out in front and have face-to-faces with representatives from the Trust and people at the club, something the distances and the time zone don't allow at the moment. Hopefully me being here — and Steve and Jason will say the same — is going to very positively impact on communication with the Trust. I am going to make it one of my core responsibilities of the position to communicate as frequently as I can with them.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/first-interview-new-ma
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 13:44]

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 13:56 - Oct 27 with 1616 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 13:43 - Oct 27 by NeiltheTaylor

How it came about and the importance of the Trust

Pearlman, whose chance discussion with Levien over a naming rights deal for DC United's new stadium led to this new appointment, says it goes beyond just shirt sponsorship, but “association with the right brands” that can further the profile.

And yet while the new markets lie a long way from South Wales, he says matters close to home are not about to be ignored.

“I think having this new role will have a lot of benefits to do a lot of different things,” Pearlman says, adding that the Trust's Huw Cooze was involved alongside Huw Jenkins in rubber stamping his appointment.

“And one is definitely that Jason and Steve now have someone on the ground here, who can be out in front and have face-to-faces with representatives from the Trust and people at the club, something the distances and the time zone don't allow at the moment. Hopefully me being here — and Steve and Jason will say the same — is going to very positively impact on communication with the Trust. I am going to make it one of my core responsibilities of the position to communicate as frequently as I can with them.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/first-interview-new-ma
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 13:44]

If this appointment has been rubber stamped by Huw Cooze, I take it the trust are on board with the Americans and not going to take them on as their statement suggested in the Trust meeting?

Confusing.
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 14:43 - Oct 27 with 1538 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 13:56 - Oct 27 by Return_of_the_Jack

If this appointment has been rubber stamped by Huw Cooze, I take it the trust are on board with the Americans and not going to take them on as their statement suggested in the Trust meeting?

Confusing.

What are The Trust supposed to do here, go against appointing a person with proven previous experience in marketing sporting clubs and franchises? He is the sort of person our marketing department has been crying out for since we arrived in this league. Of course they would be on board with this.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 14:50 - Oct 27 with 1514 viewsMurph75

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 14:43 - Oct 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What are The Trust supposed to do here, go against appointing a person with proven previous experience in marketing sporting clubs and franchises? He is the sort of person our marketing department has been crying out for since we arrived in this league. Of course they would be on board with this.

Maybe they should have consulted that fella who's popped up from know where over the last few days.

He seems to have a lot to say about the same thing. Over and over and over again.
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 14:55 - Oct 27 with 1498 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 14:50 - Oct 27 by Murph75

Maybe they should have consulted that fella who's popped up from know where over the last few days.

He seems to have a lot to say about the same thing. Over and over and over again.

What he's had to say is very informative and needed to be said. However reading the same thing every day in every thread is getting tiresome and he's doing himself no favours.

Also hopefully that was the last piece of work Huw Cooze does on behalf of The Trust. The fact there's been no statement from The Trust yet is crazy. Do you think any other organisation worth £25,000,000 who have just been exposed to the biggest scandal in their history would delay making a statement about such an event because one of the persons in charge is on holiday?

If not Phil then somebody should have said something. They appear more shambolic each day they do not address what has come to light.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 15:40 - Oct 27 with 1432 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Hardly nowhere. He is a very well known long term Swans supporter.

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 15:46 - Oct 27 with 1418 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ugh, all i get from this is that HC is acting on behalf of HC and not the Trust.. certainly not the fan base.

Im tired of this whole charade already and im sure its only just getting started. How his position remains tenable is beyond me as its pretty clear that when the owners refer to meeting with the Trust, they just mean HC...who clearly isnt independent.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 15:49 - Oct 27 with 1405 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 10:14 - Oct 27 by LeonisGod

Wasn't it a press leak in the US? I believe today's the first time it's been confirmed by the club to anyone, whether in the US or here. Easy to understand why, as everyone seems to be on holiday. Polly the tea lady has probably been left in charge of PR.

Yes, it was just a press leak.

There are plenty of things to get angry about, but the 3 days between the press leak and the announcement isn't one of them. I suppose they were just waiting for him to come over and take a picture at the Liberty.

I'm just happy that his responsibilities will have nothing to do with the actual football on the pitch.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 15:51]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 16:13 - Oct 27 with 1361 viewsCooperman

And you've been on here for how long?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 18:33 - Oct 27 with 1238 viewsMurph75

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 15:40 - Oct 27 by NeiltheTaylor

Hardly nowhere. He is a very well known long term Swans supporter.

I think you'll find the majority on here are long term Swansea City supporters and in terms of well known I have absolutely no idea who he is and and have never seen him at either a home or away match.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 18:35]
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 18:40 - Oct 27 with 1216 viewsMurph75

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 16:13 - Oct 27 by Cooperman

And you've been on here for how long?

40 odd years.
Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 18:49 - Oct 27 with 1194 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans appoint Chris Pearlman as COO on 18:33 - Oct 27 by Murph75

I think you'll find the majority on here are long term Swansea City supporters and in terms of well known I have absolutely no idea who he is and and have never seen him at either a home or away match.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 18:35]

He probably doesn't know who you are either.

How would you recognise him anyway? Do you think he goes around with a t-shirt saying "I'm T2C off Planet Swans?"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024