Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Plan of Action 22:14 - Oct 27 with 5865 viewsTheResurrection

I'm going to keep this short and simple as haven't got the time to be dealing with some of the sites weirdos. This one has more than most.

Costalotta mentioned earlier today that he did not think it would be best to look to sell our shares but without knowing the exact ins and outs I would think that has to be a serious consideration, especially now. The main reason I feel like this is simply because the alternative is too risky.

Yes I know it goes against the exact mandate of the Trust, but perhaps it doesn't. The mandate states broadly to protect the football club for the city of Swansea. When the previous dark days were with us we showed that collective spirit and we achieved something no other football club did - we had genuine fan involvement, fan ownership. Ok, it never felt that important when we were 20 odd % owners of a 4th Division Club, but as soon as we started to become serious and shot up the leagues, it became all the more real and worthy.

The Americans, with the help of the selling shareholders, have outflanked, outplayed and out manoeuvred the Trust from the very start. To find ourselves in this position genuinely considering legal action is testament enough to where we find ourselves now. Our whole past is on the line and our future completely uncertain.

To risk negotiating whilst keeping a stake in the Club could find us down the line with our shareholding diluted and worthless. We keep hearing about unfair prejudice and our legal team are on the case but there is a reality this could be true.

We should really consider going balls out right now, while the iron is hot and tensions running high to get the same value for our shares as the other shareholders did. Yes, I know there is no offer on the table from the Americans but in my opinion we should actively force them into a sale, if that can happen.

Far better protected are we as a football city with £21m in the bank - that wouldn't buy a Premier League team but then we wouldn't need it if we were still there anyway. That money could one day down the line buy our football club in it's entirety and we'd never again have the issue of greed playing a part in our destiny.

But first we need a plan and it has to start with the Trust rising out of its old ashes and becoming born once more.

1. Cooze, Sumbler and White, at the very least have to accept responsibility for the deceit and bad feeling among the supporters right now and resign immediately.
2. Fresh eyes need replacing them with a clear vision on making the Trust proud again.
3. Serious legal consideration with a view to selling the Trusts shares needs to come into play, backed up with media awareness and campaigns should the Americans dither, falter, or become silent.
4. If there's any chance we are able to receive the money, the vast majority of this should be invested for that inevitable rainy day. A small but significant sum should go to the building of a real fans clubhouse, a shrine to the Swans and its supporters and should be close to the stadium.
5. The Trust should advertise for the position of a CEO, Chairman, whatever you may want to call him or her and that person should be in charge of the running of the Trust, its aims and objectives and events and this should be a paid job, but this time paid by the Trust. This person should be charged with at least making his/her salary from the events and occasions he's organising. And to also increase the size and stature of the institution.
6. The Trust should still be a force to be reckoned with and this should be made part of the sale with the Americans. They should retain a place on the Board perhaps through a smaller shareholding. We shouldn't expect to be at the forefront of ideas or decisions but that has never really been the case anyway.
7. The Trust and the new people involved can also be a pressure group - much like supporters organisations on the continent are. When the white hankies are out in Valencia the manager's gone - there's nothing to stop an active fan group having a real influence at football, including the money driven Premier League.

Things have changed and they need to change for us fans too.

We need to have visions and we need to find a place and platform where these visions can be our reality.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 22:27]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

A Plan of Action on 22:45 - Oct 27 with 2225 viewsDarran

Remind me again who's going to buy the Trusts shares for £21million?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Plan of Action on 22:50 - Oct 27 with 2198 viewsWingstandwood

That is well written and thought provoking regarding the sell option. Something definitely not to be dismissed. When the sell option was first announced with all the shenanigans, dirty dealings and contempt shown towards SCST membership and SCFC supporters the sell option was the first thing that came into my mind.

I would guess quite a few the same? I even questioned about it on here many months back but sadly got no reply because it was hidden in a deluge of other posts (busy activity session) maybe?

BTW I am not anti-SCST I have been one of its staunchest supporters and even a high ranking SCST individual or two seems to be thinking about selling of SCST stake also. So it's not just us.

Argus!

A Plan of Action on 23:04 - Oct 27 with 2145 viewsSwanzay

A Plan of Action on 22:45 - Oct 27 by Darran

Remind me again who's going to buy the Trusts shares for £21million?

Immaterial of all this, I recon you know far more that you are letting on with these Trust members apparently being on holibobs in Faraday suites.....
A Plan of Action on 23:07 - Oct 27 with 2126 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 23:04 - Oct 27 by Swanzay

Immaterial of all this, I recon you know far more that you are letting on with these Trust members apparently being on holibobs in Faraday suites.....

I don't know anything about 'these Trust members' I only know Phil is away with his family.

A Plan of Action on 23:08 - Oct 27 with 2114 viewsSwanzay

A Plan of Action on 23:07 - Oct 27 by Darran

I don't know anything about 'these Trust members' I only know Phil is away with his family.

And Im sure you know that this "being on holiday" buys time for a response.....
A Plan of Action on 23:11 - Oct 27 with 2097 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 23:07 - Oct 27 by Darran

Just make something up. That will keep the yocals happy.
A Plan of Action on 23:12 - Oct 27 with 2088 viewsSwanzay

A Plan of Action on 23:11 - Oct 27 by Murph75

Just make something up. That will keep the yocals happy.

Get your tongue out of his ass!
A Plan of Action on 23:14 - Oct 27 with 2077 viewsairedale

I reckon those Chinese chappies would snap up our PL shares.
Login to get fewer ads

A Plan of Action on 23:14 - Oct 27 with 2072 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 23:08 - Oct 27 by Swanzay

And Im sure you know that this "being on holiday" buys time for a response.....

As for buying time I'm sure he knew when half term was months ago and seeing as he spends more time in Scotland than at home with his two kids this was probably arranged a while ago but you'll really have to ask him yourself.

A Plan of Action on 23:14 - Oct 27 with 2076 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 23:12 - Oct 27 by Swanzay

Get your tongue out of his ass!

A Plan of Action on 23:16 - Oct 27 with 2058 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 23:14 - Oct 27 by airedale

I reckon those Chinese chappies would snap up our PL shares.

And do what? Just sit there and be out voted on everything?

Now I know some people are angry over this but you're really not thinking things through guys.

A Plan of Action on 23:22 - Oct 27 with 2030 viewsSwanzay

FFS we have this new COO and and match on Monday, yet it seems no one from the Trust is around to meet with him, as they are all on holiday, bollux...

The silence from the Trust is deafening, regarding actions and a way forward!

As another thread pointed out, it has been a week since the Trust meeting and this is turning into a complete farce, they are loosing support by the day.

They have gone from a position of power for fans, last Thursday to one of ridicule on here and they need to make a statement. The longer this goes on the more there is a LACK of trust, it simple business!
A Plan of Action on 23:23 - Oct 27 with 2018 viewsmorningstar

A Plan of Action on 23:16 - Oct 27 by Darran

Now I know some people are angry over this but you're really not thinking things through guys.

In fairness airedale is a tongue in cheek guy. As for the rest of it, it's all getting more and more insane and desperate by each thread!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

A Plan of Action on 23:26 - Oct 27 with 1998 viewsairedale

Oh yeah, never thought of that. Perhaps no-one would buy them.
A Plan of Action on 23:40 - Oct 27 with 1935 viewsBigPhilG

Unfortunately for the trust you are dead on there Darran. The trusts shares have been devalued to virtually zero if they wanted to sell.

The trust has been out manoeuvred by both the sellers and the buyers. The questions now are why was it kept quiet that Huw Cooze has been paid and due to potential conflicts of interests did Huw Cooze know about the takeover and keep quiet about it to keep his contracts and wage ?

Very unfortunate that there is no one from the trust about to answer these questions. The silence is deafening
A Plan of Action on 23:41 - Oct 27 with 1922 viewsWingstandwood

A Plan of Action on 23:26 - Oct 27 by airedale

Oh yeah, never thought of that. Perhaps no-one would buy them.

I would say one thing? The clubs league position currently and if it continues? Is it detrimental to any selling option of SCST and? Are our new U.S owners getting jittery or maybe having seconds thoughts of having ever purchased.

Owner of worldwide brand big boys toy, ultimate status symbol and Premier League commercial juggernaut associated club sure does have potential to lose a lot of its share-price value when the words Premier League are subtracted. I wonder if SCFC should go down would the owners secretly love a SCST legal battle win to wind the clock back and declare the sale null and void? Sorry if my imagination seems to be running riot.

Argus!

A Plan of Action on 23:41 - Oct 27 with 1922 viewsLoyal

I reckon a few quid could be raised by raffling Kev Johns toe nail clippings.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

A Plan of Action on 23:43 - Oct 27 with 1904 viewsNookiejack

I would sell - the Yanks have no experience of operating a PL club and one where a club can become relegated. They are used to owning franchises where you can invest for the long - with no risk of relegation.

I get nervous that they may try a Newcastle if results don't improve - roll the dice in Jamuary and everyone ends up getting wiped out.

Maybe not most likely if we get relegated they sell off all our players and bank the parachute mo money (21% of the proceeds you would hope goes to the Trust).

I prefer a bird in the hand and long term security.

Like the idea of a Tryst community centre - similar to the Irish Centre, where some Spurs fans congregate - close to White Hart Lane. Got to be careful though that inner priestly sanctums don't develop - when talking about shrines.
A Plan of Action on 23:43 - Oct 27 with 1900 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 23:40 - Oct 27 by BigPhilG

Unfortunately for the trust you are dead on there Darran. The trusts shares have been devalued to virtually zero if they wanted to sell.

The trust has been out manoeuvred by both the sellers and the buyers. The questions now are why was it kept quiet that Huw Cooze has been paid and due to potential conflicts of interests did Huw Cooze know about the takeover and keep quiet about it to keep his contracts and wage ?

Very unfortunate that there is no one from the trust about to answer these questions. The silence is deafening

I have no doubt we'll hear from the Trust by the beginning of next week.

A Plan of Action on 00:00 - Oct 28 with 1851 viewsSwanzay

A Plan of Action on 23:43 - Oct 27 by Darran

Next week, what a fecking joke!

(Who told you that?)

We have complete mess and yet the trust need a week to answer, this is a awful approach with regards to damage limitation,feck my eyes!

Chapter 1 of a business under fire!
A Plan of Action on 00:02 - Oct 28 with 1840 viewsmorningstar

A Plan of Action on 23:41 - Oct 27 by Loyal

I reckon a few quid could be raised by raffling Kev Johns toe nail clippings.

That's a great idea in principle, but unlikely to sway the balance of power as the trust would only get 21.1% of the proceeds.

A Plan of Action on 00:08 - Oct 28 with 1814 viewsBigPhilG

A Plan of Action on 23:43 - Oct 27 by Darran

I really hope it's before next week. There's a lot of worried people about and I'm one of them pal
A Plan of Action on 00:14 - Oct 28 with 1797 viewsSwanzay

A Plan of Action on 00:08 - Oct 28 by BigPhilG

I really hope it's before next week. There's a lot of worried people about and I'm one of them pal

If all the voices of the Trust are on holiday, then I wouldn't expect a response before a week Monday, due to time scale. the only who has any credibility atm is Dai .
A Plan of Action on 00:14 - Oct 28 with 1796 viewsmorningstar

What are you worried about? It is what it is and if you're 'worried' then nothing the trust/Phil/ Huw Cooze or whatever has to say is going to ease your worries. What do you expect them too say Phil?

A Plan of Action on 00:36 - Oct 28 with 1757 viewsHumpty

Phil could've provided a response when he was logged in here earlier. He was here for quite a while.

Gone now though. We'll just have to wait I suppose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024