Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Plan of Action 22:14 - Oct 27 with 5864 viewsTheResurrection

I'm going to keep this short and simple as haven't got the time to be dealing with some of the sites weirdos. This one has more than most.

Costalotta mentioned earlier today that he did not think it would be best to look to sell our shares but without knowing the exact ins and outs I would think that has to be a serious consideration, especially now. The main reason I feel like this is simply because the alternative is too risky.

Yes I know it goes against the exact mandate of the Trust, but perhaps it doesn't. The mandate states broadly to protect the football club for the city of Swansea. When the previous dark days were with us we showed that collective spirit and we achieved something no other football club did - we had genuine fan involvement, fan ownership. Ok, it never felt that important when we were 20 odd % owners of a 4th Division Club, but as soon as we started to become serious and shot up the leagues, it became all the more real and worthy.

The Americans, with the help of the selling shareholders, have outflanked, outplayed and out manoeuvred the Trust from the very start. To find ourselves in this position genuinely considering legal action is testament enough to where we find ourselves now. Our whole past is on the line and our future completely uncertain.

To risk negotiating whilst keeping a stake in the Club could find us down the line with our shareholding diluted and worthless. We keep hearing about unfair prejudice and our legal team are on the case but there is a reality this could be true.

We should really consider going balls out right now, while the iron is hot and tensions running high to get the same value for our shares as the other shareholders did. Yes, I know there is no offer on the table from the Americans but in my opinion we should actively force them into a sale, if that can happen.

Far better protected are we as a football city with £21m in the bank - that wouldn't buy a Premier League team but then we wouldn't need it if we were still there anyway. That money could one day down the line buy our football club in it's entirety and we'd never again have the issue of greed playing a part in our destiny.

But first we need a plan and it has to start with the Trust rising out of its old ashes and becoming born once more.

1. Cooze, Sumbler and White, at the very least have to accept responsibility for the deceit and bad feeling among the supporters right now and resign immediately.
2. Fresh eyes need replacing them with a clear vision on making the Trust proud again.
3. Serious legal consideration with a view to selling the Trusts shares needs to come into play, backed up with media awareness and campaigns should the Americans dither, falter, or become silent.
4. If there's any chance we are able to receive the money, the vast majority of this should be invested for that inevitable rainy day. A small but significant sum should go to the building of a real fans clubhouse, a shrine to the Swans and its supporters and should be close to the stadium.
5. The Trust should advertise for the position of a CEO, Chairman, whatever you may want to call him or her and that person should be in charge of the running of the Trust, its aims and objectives and events and this should be a paid job, but this time paid by the Trust. This person should be charged with at least making his/her salary from the events and occasions he's organising. And to also increase the size and stature of the institution.
6. The Trust should still be a force to be reckoned with and this should be made part of the sale with the Americans. They should retain a place on the Board perhaps through a smaller shareholding. We shouldn't expect to be at the forefront of ideas or decisions but that has never really been the case anyway.
7. The Trust and the new people involved can also be a pressure group - much like supporters organisations on the continent are. When the white hankies are out in Valencia the manager's gone - there's nothing to stop an active fan group having a real influence at football, including the money driven Premier League.

Things have changed and they need to change for us fans too.

We need to have visions and we need to find a place and platform where these visions can be our reality.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 22:27]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

A Plan of Action on 10:58 - Oct 28 with 696 viewsLeonisGod

A Plan of Action on 00:43 - Oct 28 by BigPhilG

I'm hoping someone can confirm that Huw Cooze has no conflict of interest for starters.

Hasn't this already been said? We've heard that the Trust considered this and came to the conclusion that (a) HC's role split should have been communicated at the time, and (b) potential conflicts of interest were considered but the trust board was happy there were none. It was posted on here the other day by someone linked to the Trust.

Waiting a few days isn't going to make any difference in all this. This still stinks of a spamming smokescreen to me to deflect from the sale and behaviour of the former board.
A Plan of Action on 10:59 - Oct 28 with 695 viewscostalotta

A Plan of Action on 10:29 - Oct 28 by Darran

So how could they have make sure they were in on all the negotiations if it was kept secret.

There's also something you seem to be avoiding too,what's your take on the Trust statement from last week or doesn't that matter in your quest?

Good question Darren.

But I'm with Resurrection on this.

Whatever the reason they didn't know we have to take that on face value. I think it depends on how the Trust is / has been managed. By the admission of some they are now starting to admit mistakes but only with prompting and with takeover in the background.This is worrying but again shows the reactive nature of the Trust on these any many other issues.

HC is central to this, and PS and JW are only slightly off centre. IF HC didn't know he failed therefore by default so did PS and JW. IF he did know but didn't say anything HE failed again but this time its a trust issue between the board members! Therefore both PS and JW have failed to recognise this and again have failed. The renumeration issue is muddying the waters for sure and a massive stone in the shoe of the trust, in particular HC/PS/JW. Now its out, they are still failing to deal with it decisively. Thirdly they all knew and again all then would have failed in their duties but moreover could be seen as culpable in covering up the failure to act.

The point is its their job to know and if that failure in them knowing is down to lack of trust from the club board to the trust then it demonstrates a complete breakdown in that relationship, of course we know this. It doesn't matter who the personalities are, the fact is they've been taken for a ride by all and sundry and made to look very silly and unprofessional. The Trust need to be credible.It needs to be whiter than white but it also needs to be recognised and seen as a protagonist. It needs to be seen to lead. It is not doing this at the moment and I am sure there are many that recognise this. Just look at the posts on here from even the most ardent Trust supporters. The differences of opinion are now about how much and how deep change is needed and who is that change to be managed.

As a final thought...The positions on the board should not be wanted by anyone. Those good enough should be propelled and compelled to do the job. Anyone that wants to be an SD, VCM or CM should not have the role IMO. You don't want these roles you do it because you HAVE TO and not because you want to! Im sure of you will understand the point i am trying to make here.
A Plan of Action on 11:11 - Oct 28 with 674 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 10:45 - Oct 28 by EasternJack

The trust statement last week has been rendered in unreliable in light of recent developments.

So you're saying that the Trust are lying about Huw Jenkins dealings with the Americans.

Let's hope he sues them because that's not in us it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Plan of Action on 11:21 - Oct 28 with 656 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 10:59 - Oct 28 by costalotta

Good question Darren.

But I'm with Resurrection on this.

Whatever the reason they didn't know we have to take that on face value. I think it depends on how the Trust is / has been managed. By the admission of some they are now starting to admit mistakes but only with prompting and with takeover in the background.This is worrying but again shows the reactive nature of the Trust on these any many other issues.

HC is central to this, and PS and JW are only slightly off centre. IF HC didn't know he failed therefore by default so did PS and JW. IF he did know but didn't say anything HE failed again but this time its a trust issue between the board members! Therefore both PS and JW have failed to recognise this and again have failed. The renumeration issue is muddying the waters for sure and a massive stone in the shoe of the trust, in particular HC/PS/JW. Now its out, they are still failing to deal with it decisively. Thirdly they all knew and again all then would have failed in their duties but moreover could be seen as culpable in covering up the failure to act.

The point is its their job to know and if that failure in them knowing is down to lack of trust from the club board to the trust then it demonstrates a complete breakdown in that relationship, of course we know this. It doesn't matter who the personalities are, the fact is they've been taken for a ride by all and sundry and made to look very silly and unprofessional. The Trust need to be credible.It needs to be whiter than white but it also needs to be recognised and seen as a protagonist. It needs to be seen to lead. It is not doing this at the moment and I am sure there are many that recognise this. Just look at the posts on here from even the most ardent Trust supporters. The differences of opinion are now about how much and how deep change is needed and who is that change to be managed.

As a final thought...The positions on the board should not be wanted by anyone. Those good enough should be propelled and compelled to do the job. Anyone that wants to be an SD, VCM or CM should not have the role IMO. You don't want these roles you do it because you HAVE TO and not because you want to! Im sure of you will understand the point i am trying to make here.

You can be with whoever you want mate and you can have whatever opinion you want too but if people are going to cast aspersions they need to use the whole story not just bits of it.

If as the story goes Martin Morgan,Katzen etc didn't know how was the Trust meant to know?
Plus you've got two ex-directors that had been there since day one now suing for unfair dismissal so something's clearly gone on.

Like I've said previously this all currently looks like a massive mess but if people are going to keep on about it don't just use the bits that suit the agenda use the FACTS because perhaps then people might listen.

A Plan of Action on 11:33 - Oct 28 with 637 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 11:21 - Oct 28 by Darran

You can be with whoever you want mate and you can have whatever opinion you want too but if people are going to cast aspersions they need to use the whole story not just bits of it.

If as the story goes Martin Morgan,Katzen etc didn't know how was the Trust meant to know?
Plus you've got two ex-directors that had been there since day one now suing for unfair dismissal so something's clearly gone on.

Like I've said previously this all currently looks like a massive mess but if people are going to keep on about it don't just use the bits that suit the agenda use the FACTS because perhaps then people might listen.

Do you know why they are suing? I doubt it so STFU then!!

I’ll give you a clue - Remember the press conference that never went ahead, the one where Wathan had sat there for hours like a d1ck? Start there you ignorant nobody!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

A Plan of Action on 11:38 - Oct 28 with 626 viewsFlashberryjack

A Plan of Action on 00:59 - Oct 28 by morningstar

Ok, Huw Cooze has no conflict of interest. Happy now? No, of course your not. Nobody can confirm this for you Phil, it's all a fvckin big mess. But one thing is for sure in my mind, and that's if this hounding of the trust board doesn't stop, then they may well turn around and say fvck it i'm off. And then where does the trust stand? Who picks up the mantle eh?

It's not hounding of the Trust FFS, a very serious issue has arisen, and quite rightly, people are asking questions.

And the ones that can and should answer them aren't.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A Plan of Action on 11:38 - Oct 28 with 626 viewsSmellyplumz

A Plan of Action on 23:43 - Oct 27 by Darran

I have no doubt we'll hear from the Trust by the beginning of next week.

I have no doubt the timing of this was deliberate, leak the bad news out with a week off to gauge reaction and formulate a response. I also believe hc knew about the takeover and kept quiet, stitching up the very people he represents. Unproven I know but this is the truth imo.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 11:38]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

A Plan of Action on 11:38 - Oct 28 with 626 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 11:33 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Do you know why they are suing? I doubt it so STFU then!!

I’ll give you a clue - Remember the press conference that never went ahead, the one where Wathan had sat there for hours like a d1ck? Start there you ignorant nobody!!

They're suing because they were unfairly dismissed that's what unfair dismissal was the last time I looked.

Why are you getting abusive is it because I'm reminding you of certain facts that don't suit your agenda?

Login to get fewer ads

A Plan of Action on 11:42 - Oct 28 with 610 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 11:38 - Oct 28 by Smellyplumz

I have no doubt the timing of this was deliberate, leak the bad news out with a week off to gauge reaction and formulate a response. I also believe hc knew about the takeover and kept quiet, stitching up the very people he represents. Unproven I know but this is the truth imo.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 11:38]

So how didn't MM and BK know if HC knew?

I'm not being a tw*t it's a serious question.

A Plan of Action on 11:58 - Oct 28 with 585 viewsSmellyplumz

A Plan of Action on 11:42 - Oct 28 by Darran

Do you know 100% MM and BK didn't know then, in fairness we don't know that is true do we.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

A Plan of Action on 12:02 - Oct 28 with 579 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 11:42 - Oct 28 by Darran

A Plan of Action on 12:03 - Oct 28 with 571 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 11:58 - Oct 28 by Smellyplumz

Do you know 100% MM and BK didn't know then, in fairness we don't know that is true do we.

Well they told the Trust that Chinese investors were also involved and HJ and LD weren't interested didn't they? So perhaps they need to sue the Trust for lying.

A Plan of Action on 12:04 - Oct 28 with 566 viewsSmellyplumz

A Plan of Action on 12:03 - Oct 28 by Darran

Well they told the Trust that Chinese investors were also involved and HJ and LD weren't interested didn't they? So perhaps they need to sue the Trust for lying.

So in other words we don't know that said directors where in the dark regards the sale.

A Plan of Action on 12:09 - Oct 28 with 561 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 12:04 - Oct 28 by Smellyplumz

So in other words we don't know that said directors where in the dark regards the sale.

If you don't believe anything in the Trust statement you'd be correct of course.

A Plan of Action on 12:19 - Oct 28 with 548 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 10:41 - Oct 28 by EasternJack

Are you ignoring the fact that people on here predicted this - many of whom were hounded off this site for suggesting what has actually transpired to be the truth?

It has been challenged on here for some time that HC has had a conflict of interest. His business receives revenue from the club and he is paid a salary by the club. Add to that his close relationship with HJ and his regular sessions down at Morgan and we have the beginnings of a conspiracy.

I find it totally unbelievable that the Trust did not know what was going on - or at the very least did not have a hint which would have compelled them to formally request confirmation of any ongoing negotiations through the Trust solicitors.

Parking all that aside. The conclusion is very simple. Either the Trust board are complicit in what happened to our club this summer or they are collectively incompetent for letting it happen.

Unfortunately this site is tainted by people who are blind sheep who derail any meaningful discussions with abuse.

Change needs to come from elsewhere.

100%

Where are all Phil Slumber’s do-gooders to respond to this?

It’s not about your little friends club anymore, Monmouth, Neath Jack, Darran, Marcham, Lisa …. This was our destiny they completely facked up!!!!!

A Plan of Action on 12:22 - Oct 28 with 538 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 12:19 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

100%

It’s not about your little friends club anymore, Monmouth, Neath Jack, Darran, Marcham, Lisa …. This was our destiny they completely facked up!!!!!

What have I said this morning that isn't true.

Go on answer that civilly.

A Plan of Action on 12:23 - Oct 28 with 538 viewsSmellyplumz

A Plan of Action on 12:09 - Oct 28 by Darran

If you don't believe anything in the Trust statement you'd be correct of course.

Well they have already lied to us haven't they.

A Plan of Action on 12:36 - Oct 28 with 530 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 12:23 - Oct 28 by Smellyplumz

Well they have already lied to us haven't they.

Yes but have they lied about everything?

A Plan of Action on 12:44 - Oct 28 with 512 viewscostalotta

A Plan of Action on 12:36 - Oct 28 by Darran

Would you believe a known liar when they say something like... Honest, this is the truth!!!!
A Plan of Action on 12:56 - Oct 28 with 484 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 12:44 - Oct 28 by costalotta

Would you believe a known liar when they say something like... Honest, this is the truth!!!!

I believe the Trust statement to be true.

A Plan of Action on 13:07 - Oct 28 with 459 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 12:22 - Oct 28 by Darran

What have I said this morning that isn't true.

Go on answer that civilly.

I personally don't think you have a clue as to what's going on, yet you infest this forum with your snide, sly comments just because you can.

It would be nice to discuss this with sensible, informed and intelligent posters, not absolute clowns like yourself.

A Plan of Action on 13:14 - Oct 28 with 440 viewsSmellyplumz

A Plan of Action on 12:36 - Oct 28 by Darran

Oh come now darran even you aren't that dull mate.

A Plan of Action on 13:20 - Oct 28 with 433 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 13:07 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

I personally don't think you have a clue as to what's going on, yet you infest this forum with your snide, sly comments just because you can.

It would be nice to discuss this with sensible, informed and intelligent posters, not absolute clowns like yourself.

So tell everyone what I've said that isn't true then.

A Plan of Action on 13:24 - Oct 28 with 423 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 13:20 - Oct 28 by Darran

So tell everyone what I've said that isn't true then.

Answer me this first in relation to this question.

Why didn't the press conference go ahead when they were all there to announce the sale?

A Plan of Action on 13:28 - Oct 28 with 410 viewsmarchamjack

A Plan of Action on 12:19 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

100%

One very basic question, which I've posed above (with no answer...) so I'll put it clearly , again, on its own here and leave it for an answer - how are the Trust at fault if the effective majority shareholders cut them out of the sale dealings with the Americans and sold their shares?

Very simple question. Look forward to answer.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024