Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Plan of Action 22:14 - Oct 27 with 5879 viewsTheResurrection

I'm going to keep this short and simple as haven't got the time to be dealing with some of the sites weirdos. This one has more than most.

Costalotta mentioned earlier today that he did not think it would be best to look to sell our shares but without knowing the exact ins and outs I would think that has to be a serious consideration, especially now. The main reason I feel like this is simply because the alternative is too risky.

Yes I know it goes against the exact mandate of the Trust, but perhaps it doesn't. The mandate states broadly to protect the football club for the city of Swansea. When the previous dark days were with us we showed that collective spirit and we achieved something no other football club did - we had genuine fan involvement, fan ownership. Ok, it never felt that important when we were 20 odd % owners of a 4th Division Club, but as soon as we started to become serious and shot up the leagues, it became all the more real and worthy.

The Americans, with the help of the selling shareholders, have outflanked, outplayed and out manoeuvred the Trust from the very start. To find ourselves in this position genuinely considering legal action is testament enough to where we find ourselves now. Our whole past is on the line and our future completely uncertain.

To risk negotiating whilst keeping a stake in the Club could find us down the line with our shareholding diluted and worthless. We keep hearing about unfair prejudice and our legal team are on the case but there is a reality this could be true.

We should really consider going balls out right now, while the iron is hot and tensions running high to get the same value for our shares as the other shareholders did. Yes, I know there is no offer on the table from the Americans but in my opinion we should actively force them into a sale, if that can happen.

Far better protected are we as a football city with £21m in the bank - that wouldn't buy a Premier League team but then we wouldn't need it if we were still there anyway. That money could one day down the line buy our football club in it's entirety and we'd never again have the issue of greed playing a part in our destiny.

But first we need a plan and it has to start with the Trust rising out of its old ashes and becoming born once more.

1. Cooze, Sumbler and White, at the very least have to accept responsibility for the deceit and bad feeling among the supporters right now and resign immediately.
2. Fresh eyes need replacing them with a clear vision on making the Trust proud again.
3. Serious legal consideration with a view to selling the Trusts shares needs to come into play, backed up with media awareness and campaigns should the Americans dither, falter, or become silent.
4. If there's any chance we are able to receive the money, the vast majority of this should be invested for that inevitable rainy day. A small but significant sum should go to the building of a real fans clubhouse, a shrine to the Swans and its supporters and should be close to the stadium.
5. The Trust should advertise for the position of a CEO, Chairman, whatever you may want to call him or her and that person should be in charge of the running of the Trust, its aims and objectives and events and this should be a paid job, but this time paid by the Trust. This person should be charged with at least making his/her salary from the events and occasions he's organising. And to also increase the size and stature of the institution.
6. The Trust should still be a force to be reckoned with and this should be made part of the sale with the Americans. They should retain a place on the Board perhaps through a smaller shareholding. We shouldn't expect to be at the forefront of ideas or decisions but that has never really been the case anyway.
7. The Trust and the new people involved can also be a pressure group - much like supporters organisations on the continent are. When the white hankies are out in Valencia the manager's gone - there's nothing to stop an active fan group having a real influence at football, including the money driven Premier League.

Things have changed and they need to change for us fans too.

We need to have visions and we need to find a place and platform where these visions can be our reality.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 22:27]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

A Plan of Action on 13:30 - Oct 28 with 830 viewsmonmouth

A Plan of Action on 12:19 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

100%

Where are all Phil Slumber’s do-gooders to respond to this?

It’s not about your little friends club anymore, Monmouth, Neath Jack, Darran, Marcham, Lisa …. This was our destiny they completely facked up!!!!!

Lol. I don't have any friends. I've already said what I think should happen at least three times, and the reasons for it. It differs to your belief (although largely in sync as it happens). Just shouting louder isn't going to change my mind. Most of your argument resonates with me, some parts I think would be madness.

Frankly, I don't give a toss who runs the Trust or who is on the Trust Board as long as it is effective, and I certainly think that much more than has been proposed is needed as action rather than words. But that doesn't mean a plague on all of them. My belief is, if they all go now, the sellouts have won. There will be no one to effectively argue with the new owners and that vacuum will take a long time to fill, and by the time it is, the war will be over.

Given that you feel I'm a mouthpiece for Phil S and you seem to be in the mood to disregard any arguments that don't suit you (although it seems I was worth listening to when I agreed the 'no business interests' view...strange that), I know I'm wasting my time here. But I have no beef with you or your views, I just disagree with some of them.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A Plan of Action on 13:32 - Oct 28 with 823 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 13:28 - Oct 28 by marchamjack

One very basic question, which I've posed above (with no answer...) so I'll put it clearly , again, on its own here and leave it for an answer - how are the Trust at fault if the effective majority shareholders cut them out of the sale dealings with the Americans and sold their shares?

Very simple question. Look forward to answer.

Very simple to answer.

Please refer to my thread and the link posted 2 years ago.

"Do you trust the Trust"

Thank you.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

A Plan of Action on 13:38 - Oct 28 with 803 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 13:24 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Answer me this first in relation to this question.

Why didn't the press conference go ahead when they were all there to announce the sale?

I don't understand the question what do you mean?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Plan of Action on 13:48 - Oct 28 with 772 viewslondonlisa2001

A Plan of Action on 08:29 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

This is Phil Slumber's site so no surprise the usual sycophants are out in force. It's this very attitude.that's got us into this mess....

Oh Huw's a nice guy, let's forget he may not be the best for the job.
Oh we've had the same stale people on the Trust but they are nice guys too, let's forget that we could enforce change through a little dynamism.
Oh but this is Slumber's site and I spend every waking hour on here, let's forget about the fact he deceived us and we watched the Americans take our Club from us from right under our notices.

Stop being so pathetic. There's nothing personal in any of this so instead of pussying around be your true selves and call it like you would if these people were just ordinary Joe's.

Man up. We need firm action not apologetic babies. If you can't even be true to yourselves and your various different consciences then who are you, eh??

Think about it. We were truly deceived by these guys and the only reason this news has been leaked is because they knew the Club would have come up with it anyway.

We have not been done any favours here. Don't believe Lisa, this is all so manufactured.

So your current accusation is that I was told by the Trust to ask a question that would throw them into unmanaged chaos? Because it was half term week and they were looking forward to having their family holidays disrupted?

Lol.

If your mate Shaky had asked the question which led to this carnage you'd be blowing smoke up his ar*e for months about how his expertise had 'caught them out'.

You're missing the fact that others asked the same question as well - Clasie did for one. Were we all asked by the Trust to ask it or just me? What about when it's been asked many times before? Was that a leak as well that just went wrong? And why didn't the Trust answer it on those occasions? Changed their minds about the leak then did they?

Be real. A lot of the points you are making I agree with - there are reasons why some of your suggestions in the OP on this thread can't work in practice, but it's pointless discussing them with you rationally as you just want to burn it all down.
A Plan of Action on 13:53 - Oct 28 with 754 viewsmarchamjack

A Plan of Action on 13:32 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Very simple to answer.

Please refer to my thread and the link posted 2 years ago.

"Do you trust the Trust"

Thank you.

If it's very simple, please could you post the answer below (as I've genuinely no idea how to find your thread from 2 years ago) or copy the thread link in here. We can all have a look at your answer then.

Thanks in advance.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

A Plan of Action on 13:58 - Oct 28 with 716 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 13:38 - Oct 28 by Darran

I don't understand the question what do you mean?

You don't understand much at all so why keep posting? Just shut up or answer the question. It's clear as day if you knew why it was postponed.

A Plan of Action on 13:59 - Oct 28 with 708 viewsperchrockjack

As one who has had plenty of fall outs with Phil S, I'm hardly a sychophant .
So ,who do we trust, Phil or Chrissy.

One who can talk and interact with some class or ...

I m dreading his return and what he might decide to do. Happy then Hard Miles or will your spread your virus to some other poor fecker.

We ve screwed up off the field and on it but ,as of yet, we re not in real shit.

We will be soon, trust me, if this pus isn't lanced

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A Plan of Action on 13:59 - Oct 28 with 704 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 13:58 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

You don't understand much at all so why keep posting? Just shut up or answer the question. It's clear as day if you knew why it was postponed.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I'd wager most others don't too.

Login to get fewer ads

A Plan of Action on 14:10 - Oct 28 with 689 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 13:59 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

As one who has had plenty of fall outs with Phil S, I'm hardly a sychophant .
So ,who do we trust, Phil or Chrissy.

One who can talk and interact with some class or ...

I m dreading his return and what he might decide to do. Happy then Hard Miles or will your spread your virus to some other poor fecker.

We ve screwed up off the field and on it but ,as of yet, we re not in real shit.

We will be soon, trust me, if this pus isn't lanced

This is his 20th post aimed at me over just 2 days.

This man is sick and obsessed.

A Plan of Action on 14:18 - Oct 28 with 662 viewsmarchamjack

A Plan of Action on 13:53 - Oct 28 by marchamjack

If it's very simple, please could you post the answer below (as I've genuinely no idea how to find your thread from 2 years ago) or copy the thread link in here. We can all have a look at your answer then.

Thanks in advance.

Still waiting to be helped to find your simple answer please?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

A Plan of Action on 14:27 - Oct 28 with 644 viewscostalotta

A Plan of Action on 06:42 - Oct 28 by monmouth

I agree with this, and Barry Island above. Everyone's had their say, let them sort it all out now. I wouldn't do it, and we desperately need someone decent to, now more than ever. Clearly, some vital things do need to be done to restore faith in the model, but people should also remember that statement last week and the Moores episode. Others may (do) disagree, but in my view scorched earth would be utterly disastrous.

In principle definitely agree with this and I've said similar myself. Scorched earth isn't the answer but that is up to the incumbents more than anyone else. In some ways they have unwittingly set that boat to sail themselves.

Theres still time but if the fans are to be united behind the Trust it needs to be seen to be doing the right thing. The longer it dithers the deeper the cut will be! If it is not already terminal.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 14:28]
A Plan of Action on 14:31 - Oct 28 with 632 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 14:18 - Oct 28 by marchamjack

Still waiting to be helped to find your simple answer please?

I've asked him the same question twice. Which he seems to either not seen or is ignoring it.

I'll ask again.

Resurrection have you ever put your name forward to be elected on to the trust or board or do you intend to stand for election?

If the answer is now can you please kindly stop regurgitating the same stuff over and over on countless threads.
A Plan of Action on 14:34 - Oct 28 with 624 viewsDewi1jack

A Plan of Action.

Debate is good.
Personal insults aren't.
So let's all start treating each other civilly FFS.
Really valid points made by both sides are being lost because I (and probably many others)really can't be arzed to read through personal abuse, just because children can't argue a point without stooping to such levels.

The majority of people and I'm sure all of our fanbase wants the best for our club, no matter what opinion they hold.

We need to all start pulling together. And quickly IMHO

I don't see what difference it'll make if the Trust members are allowed to come back off half term, analyse the situation a bit (say a week) and put forward a plan of action.
They really haven't had much time to put their statement into practice yet. Or to try and put an end to what has been an obvious conflict of interest for a while.
I certainly feel duped and let down by them, but we have to be prepared to give them a chance to correct matters. Quickly.
And we as Trust members do not have people (Legal, Monetary, Business or otherwise) ready to step up and take over.
If we do, then why TF aren't you already helping? Fug me we could do with such at the mo.

I also have the worries of others that if all the Trust members walk away, we are royally fuked.
We've been fugged over by the snidey, sneaky sell out b'stards. Regally screwed by our Colonial cousins.

I'm certainly no longer even reasonably sure that this sell out was an unknown phenomena, but for all the arguments on both sides, there is no viable plan of action.

Let's keep the debate alive, without the personal abuse and give the Trust until say the end of November to not only formulate a plan of action, but to start to seriously implement it.
If that means making enemies of all who've screwed us (without having the decency to kiss us first) then so be it.

Going to shout (sorry to those with sensitive hearing.)

WE NEED TO BE UNITED TO TAKE ON THIS LATEST THREAT (in a long history of them) TO OUR BELOVED CLUB

Club for the fans, run by the fans finished when we hit the Prem and people started getting some decent bonuses, or employing a jobs for the boys culture.
Maybe the Septics are going to change our club for the best, now they appear to be finding out a Jack to a Jackoff was about as factual as John Wayne winning the 2nd WW singlehandedly.

We all are Swansea 'till we die*.
Even (and I still believe this) the majority if not all the Trust

*STID excludes the sellouts and the Colonials.
The sellouts are the Kuuuuuunts who've got fan fighting with fan about the club we all love.
And that is in my book, unforgivable.
That

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

A Plan of Action on 15:08 - Oct 28 with 590 viewsNeiltheTaylor

A Plan of Action on 09:07 - Oct 28 by Murph75

Have you ever run for election on to the trust board?

Why are you continually propagating the logical fallacy that the only way someone can disagree with a structure they believe to be deeply flawed is to join it?

That is a large part of the problem.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

A Plan of Action on 15:15 - Oct 28 with 577 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 15:08 - Oct 28 by NeiltheTaylor

Why are you continually propagating the logical fallacy that the only way someone can disagree with a structure they believe to be deeply flawed is to join it?

That is a large part of the problem.

If you're not happy about something then do something about it. Otherwise stop moaning.

Why highlight a problem if you don't have a solution or at least are prepared to put your money where you mouth is.

How can this guy be credible if he's not prepared to lead from the front?

It's coming across like a personal vendetta against certain people on the board of the trust.
A Plan of Action on 15:22 - Oct 28 with 555 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 15:15 - Oct 28 by Murph75

If you're not happy about something then do something about it. Otherwise stop moaning.

Why highlight a problem if you don't have a solution or at least are prepared to put your money where you mouth is.

It's coming across like a personal vendetta against certain people on the board of the trust.

The OP in the thread is my proposed solution FFS you fool!!!!!!!!!.

PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE

BORE OFF!!!!!!!!

A Plan of Action on 15:25 - Oct 28 with 545 viewsNeiltheTaylor

A Plan of Action on 15:15 - Oct 28 by Murph75

Complete nonsense. These questions have been out there for TWO bloody years.

People have joined the board and not managed to get a satisfactory result. Meantime, the situation has worsened.

The guy is credible because he has been proven right on some very important points. Why does it follow that the same person has to lead a course of action which has proven to be fruitless?

A solution is presented at the top of this very thread. I would add here that I don't agree with every proposal he has made, but it is pretty compelling stuff overall.

What have YOU been doing for the last two years since this stuff came up? What have you ever done to protect our club? Did you speak out against problems before? Did you even grumble?

A Plan of Action on 15:26 - Oct 28 with 543 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 15:22 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE

BORE OFF!!!!!!!!

So do you propose to lead this yourself or at least stand for election to a board?

Why have you never stood for election?

It's easy to criticise from the outside. If you're that passionate about it stand up and do something about it.

Actions speak louder than words.
A Plan of Action on 15:29 - Oct 28 with 535 viewslittle_britton

A Plan of Action on 15:22 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE

BORE OFF!!!!!!!!

Yes build a club house
A Plan of Action on 15:31 - Oct 28 with 527 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 15:25 - Oct 28 by NeiltheTaylor

Complete nonsense. These questions have been out there for TWO bloody years.

People have joined the board and not managed to get a satisfactory result. Meantime, the situation has worsened.

The guy is credible because he has been proven right on some very important points. Why does it follow that the same person has to lead a course of action which has proven to be fruitless?

A solution is presented at the top of this very thread. I would add here that I don't agree with every proposal he has made, but it is pretty compelling stuff overall.

What have YOU been doing for the last two years since this stuff came up? What have you ever done to protect our club? Did you speak out against problems before? Did you even grumble?

Same question back at you?
A Plan of Action on 15:33 - Oct 28 with 518 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I'm not the one demanding that someone takes my preferred course of action.

A Plan of Action on 15:36 - Oct 28 with 507 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 15:33 - Oct 28 by NeiltheTaylor

I'm not the one demanding that someone takes my preferred course of action.

Neither am I.

I've asked a simple question and not got an answer.
A Plan of Action on 15:37 - Oct 28 with 502 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 15:29 - Oct 28 by little_britton

Yes build a club house

A Plan of Action on 15:40 - Oct 28 with 490 viewsNeiltheTaylor

A Plan of Action on 15:36 - Oct 28 by Murph75

Neither am I.

I've asked a simple question and not got an answer.

That's probably because the question doesn't make any sense. Can't you see that?

A Plan of Action on 15:42 - Oct 28 with 483 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 15:40 - Oct 28 by NeiltheTaylor

That's probably because the question doesn't make any sense. Can't you see that?

What's so difficult about:

A) Have you stood for election to the board of the trust?

B) Do you intend standing for election to the board in order to bring your vision to life?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024