Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MacBook Pro 03:07 - Oct 28 with 4157 viewsSwansNZ

Are MacBooks worth the extra cost (over a standard windows laptop)?

What about the new MacBook Pro (with/without touch bar), are they worth the extra cost, or get the older model which has dropped a little bit in price, and has more ports and SD card slot, as opposed to just USB-C. MacBook Air is an even “cheaper” alternative?

Talk to me.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

MacBook Pro on 04:21 - Oct 28 with 4144 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Have had most of the older models in one form or another and they are all very nice. Basically getting an older one will be fine as long as you want to replace it in, say, 5 years.

Had our iMac for about 7-8 and it is groaning under the last OS update - it won't handle the next one I doubt.

In the past I'd have said "yes" they are worth it, but not really sure now

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

MacBook Pro on 06:32 - Oct 28 with 4114 viewsmonmouth

No they aren't worth it, but I'd still buy one if I had to replace my laptop, because I do like them.

If you are buying then go full hog and buy the latest, or you'll probably just wish you had. Or just get a pc.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

MacBook Pro on 08:45 - Oct 28 with 4049 viewsLord_Bony

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.macrumors.com%2Farticle-

On a slightly different note,I've just changed from a simple 💻 in work to a new Mini Mac computer which is the same operating system as the Mac book.

This is just personal opinion but I really can t get on with it...with windows I knew exactly where I was but this takes some getting g used to....in time I suppose it'll be OK but right now I yearn for the return of my basic 💻.

Having said that I love I pads.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

MacBook Pro on 09:10 - Oct 28 with 4014 viewsMurph75

MacBook pro is definitely worth the investment. I'd never go back to using windows.
MacBook Pro on 19:56 - Oct 28 with 3919 viewsSwansNZ

I’ll probably go for one of the new 13" Pro models. Now to decide is it worth the extra for this new touch bar thingy.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

MacBook Pro on 21:16 - Oct 28 with 3873 viewsPhil_S

I bought a mac book in 2011. It has gone through four hard drive failures in that time and is currently with Apple as I refused to buy another one until they checked there wasn't a separate fault that causes the failures

When it works it is much much better than any windows machine, unfortunately my experience says it is not worth the extra cost though because of the problems
MacBook Pro on 21:23 - Oct 28 with 3860 viewsphact0rri

I don't really use macs much, the lady does though, and I have to service them at work. For me its really aesthetics and how your brain works as for how productive they are.

Macs are made by one company which makes shopping easier, but replacement parts and fixing would be a few extra pence.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

MacBook Pro on 22:31 - Oct 28 with 3828 viewsWarwickHunt

MacBook Pro on 21:16 - Oct 28 by Phil_S

I bought a mac book in 2011. It has gone through four hard drive failures in that time and is currently with Apple as I refused to buy another one until they checked there wasn't a separate fault that causes the failures

When it works it is much much better than any windows machine, unfortunately my experience says it is not worth the extra cost though because of the problems

You've been unlucky.

I've always used Macs and never had a problem.
Login to get fewer ads

MacBook Pro on 23:05 - Oct 28 with 3808 viewsPhil_S

MacBook Pro on 22:31 - Oct 28 by WarwickHunt

You've been unlucky.

I've always used Macs and never had a problem.

I hope they find what is wrong with it - there has to be something in there that is triggering the failures

And when it is working it is far superior
MacBook Pro on 01:10 - Oct 29 with 3747 viewspikeypaul

They are undoubtably the best but you do pay for it.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

MacBook Pro on 02:35 - Oct 29 with 3730 viewsEbo

MacBook Pro on 01:10 - Oct 29 by pikeypaul

They are undoubtably the best but you do pay for it.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for.

If you bought a mac post 2012 you should be ok for a good while yet as regarding the latest OS. The downside though is that the current OS (Sierra) takes up a lot of space and I had to do a bit of housekeeping before I installed it.

My old iMac stills works well though, it is running OSX Snow Leopard though but I only use it for graphical photoshop stuff these days.

I do like the new replacements for the mb air!

Phil - that is pretty unusual, hope they get it sorted as (touch wood) my MB Pro has never had one glitch.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 2:35]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

MacBook Pro on 06:44 - Oct 29 with 3703 viewsJohnw102

I have a MacBook Pro 2012, changed the HD for a SSD 2 years ago and it still runs as good as the day I bought it, am sure I would have bought a couple of Windows laptops in that time so long term a good investment.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

MacBook Pro on 10:00 - Oct 29 with 3651 viewsDyfnant

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37799235

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

MacBook Pro on 10:21 - Oct 29 with 3634 viewsmonmouth

MacBook Pro on 10:00 - Oct 29 by Dyfnant

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37799235

Brexit's had no negative impact though.

MacBook Pro on 11:31 - Oct 29 with 3605 viewsslate_dk

Apple finally updated their hardware; I say finally because it was really needed; one of their old models uses 4 year old chips... it is likely they were forced to update as they simply could no longer buy the old chips.

But I am again puzzled by their constant removing connection options.... why? it makes no sense...

And about the new MacBook Pro models; the 13" all have: only 2 cores, max 8 GB memory and no dedicated graphics chip... not much Pro about them; that is consumer grade specs. for eg. an office machine...
MacBook Pro on 11:35 - Oct 29 with 3595 viewsDyfnant

MacBook Pro on 10:21 - Oct 29 by monmouth

Brexit's had no negative impact though.

Yeah, i''m outraged

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

MacBook Pro on 11:49 - Oct 29 with 3584 viewsmonmouth

MacBook Pro on 11:31 - Oct 29 by slate_dk

Apple finally updated their hardware; I say finally because it was really needed; one of their old models uses 4 year old chips... it is likely they were forced to update as they simply could no longer buy the old chips.

But I am again puzzled by their constant removing connection options.... why? it makes no sense...

And about the new MacBook Pro models; the 13" all have: only 2 cores, max 8 GB memory and no dedicated graphics chip... not much Pro about them; that is consumer grade specs. for eg. an office machine...

I wouldn't be buying one at the new prices thats for sure.

MacBook Pro on 14:09 - Oct 29 with 3547 viewscostalotta

Definitely. I have two MacBooks (2011 and 2015) models as well as a few windows laptops covering the OSs since xp. I ö they are more reliable and just as easy to use.mthey are also easy to upgrade Hardware too. The 2015 model has an i7 prcoesser which means it's super fast and very reliable.

I also run several guest OSs under VBox and again the performance is amazing. Much better than the windows equivent.

With MS Office now available for OSX it's a no brainer in most situations. Much will depend on the use you Have for it though. Mine get pushed hard and often using them i tandem to carry our specific task pertinent to my business. I would recommend.

However, if you want to do some word processing or similar and browse the net I'd save the money and buy a windows laptops.

Hope that helps.
MacBook Pro on 20:35 - Oct 30 with 3460 viewsEbo

MacBook Pro on 14:09 - Oct 29 by costalotta

Definitely. I have two MacBooks (2011 and 2015) models as well as a few windows laptops covering the OSs since xp. I ö they are more reliable and just as easy to use.mthey are also easy to upgrade Hardware too. The 2015 model has an i7 prcoesser which means it's super fast and very reliable.

I also run several guest OSs under VBox and again the performance is amazing. Much better than the windows equivent.

With MS Office now available for OSX it's a no brainer in most situations. Much will depend on the use you Have for it though. Mine get pushed hard and often using them i tandem to carry our specific task pertinent to my business. I would recommend.

However, if you want to do some word processing or similar and browse the net I'd save the money and buy a windows laptops.

Hope that helps.

..or get a google drive account

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024