Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youngster watch 09:05 - Oct 28 with 1709 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I thought i'd start a thread focusing on some of our youngsters coming through. I just read an article on the main site from Liam Cullen, our U18s captain where its said he has scored 10 goals already this season. Definitely looks like one to watch.

Another positive is how were performing in our u23 league, top of the table and getting good results. One thats stood out for me in the highlights and reports has been Tyler Reid. Only signed from united in the summer, but looks to have settled well and made that rb position his own. Seems to have picked up a few assists too, still only 19 too.
Youngster watch on 09:21 - Oct 28 with 1695 viewsjasper_T

Cullen has been banging them in for the u18s since he was 15, definitely knows where the goal is.

Reid has had a mixed bag of performances, some days he looks quality, others he's all athleticism and no craft. While he has "made the rb position his own" it's worth noting that the three other right-backs in the development setup are all either out on loan or filling in the vacant left-back position.

Dan James is the most exciting prospect we have, just needs a growth spurt before he's ready to compete in senior football (unlike some of the less talented players performing well for our u23s).
Youngster watch on 10:04 - Oct 28 with 1652 viewsshandyjack

i don't watch the youngsters at vall so only know from reports online etc. Is there a youngster winger who could step up to provide backup to Wayne,Mo and Jeff? I wonder if Gorre could when he returns

Poll: Expectation for the season

Youngster watch on 10:54 - Oct 28 with 1598 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Youngster watch on 10:04 - Oct 28 by shandyjack

i don't watch the youngsters at vall so only know from reports online etc. Is there a youngster winger who could step up to provide backup to Wayne,Mo and Jeff? I wonder if Gorre could when he returns

There are 2 very fast wingers in the under 23s, but Tyler Reid is reputed to be the fastest sprinter of all, so should be able to do the job as a wingback.
Both Owain Jones and Dan James are worth watching, along with George Byers.
I don't think Kenji has it in him, he has and is not doing very well out on loan.
Youngster watch on 11:07 - Oct 28 with 1589 viewsjasper_T

Youngster watch on 10:54 - Oct 28 by A_Fans_Dad

There are 2 very fast wingers in the under 23s, but Tyler Reid is reputed to be the fastest sprinter of all, so should be able to do the job as a wingback.
I don't think Kenji has it in him, he has and is not doing very well out on loan.

George Byers was very highly rated at Watford at one point and I think made a couple of first team appearances for them in the Championship.
Youngster watch on 11:10 - Oct 28 with 1586 viewsLeonisGod

Youngster watch on 10:54 - Oct 28 by A_Fans_Dad

I've seen unfavourable reports on here about Tyler Reid's games. That seems unfair at this stage, so does he show promise?
Youngster watch on 11:36 - Oct 28 with 1558 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Youngster watch on 11:10 - Oct 28 by LeonisGod

I've seen unfavourable reports on here about Tyler Reid's games. That seems unfair at this stage, so does he show promise?

Someone who watched him in their last home game said he was very good.
But that was just that game when Mawson played as well, it was watched by BB and Mawson played in the next First Team game.
So it looks like if they are good enough they may well get a chance to play.
I must admit I would rather have a young winger on the bench than no winger at all, but BB, like Guido, doesn't appear to want to use all three subs.
I can't for the life of me understand why.
Youngster watch on 11:42 - Oct 28 with 1555 viewsairedale

I was impressed with Biabi too, I wouldn't fancy getting in his way!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024