Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Cooze 11:37 - Oct 28 with 3472 viewsharryhpalmer

I can't be the only one who is dismayed what I see happening on here, on scfc and other fans sites regarding the revelation that Huw Cooze has been paid for some of the work he has done over the past 6 years.

To me, the biggest surprise was, for the amount of work he does - and that's just from reading the Trust's minutes - that he wasn't being paid, while the likes of Dineen and Jenkins were!

Do we know their salaries? No.

Now the Trust have got this wrong, and it should have been disclosed before it was, but stand back a second, and think about what really is playing out here.

There is nothing wrong with HC being paid. What's wrong is that the fans weren't made aware of it. But that oversight is not illegal.

But ask yourselves why this has become such a burning topic? Who is driving this? and why are they making this such a MASSIVE issue, when there are other things us fans and Trust members need to be worried about?

I have my suspicions, and I'll leave you all, for legal reasons, to form your own opinions who that might be and why they would want to do that.

Because what it seems to me, this is being used as a stick to beat the Trust with. Trying to destabilise it. Trying to put the hierarchy of Trust Board members under such pressure they could all be forced out or want to give it up.

THAT WOULD BE A BLOODY DISASTER, but it looks to be what the real agenda is all about to me.

But we do need to find a way forward that is best for the Trust, which is ultimately best for the fans.

I'd like to see the Trust make a statement on this issue to put it to bed so they can concentrate on the job at hand. in it detail the following:

1. What has Huw really been paid? I don't believe it is as much as people are being led to believe. The club accounts don't stack up on that score.

2. What has he achieved in this role over the past several years? just reading the Trust minutes over the years I have been a member, it seems a bloody lot. And a lot of it unseen and unglamorous work.

- From working with the Disabled Supporters groups (we are one of a handful of clubs who comply with the Disabled Supporters Act as a result).

- Working with and helping Supporters direct, and other clubs like Wimbledon through SD.

- Supporting local clubs with kit, appearances and other stuff - for those of you he has helped, please speak out.

- Initiatives abroad - the US camps. African townships.

- Representing us fans at PL meetings.

- Taking up the South Stand moving debacle complaints this pre-season.

- The Trust would be best placed to detail the full list of work and achievements, but it will be a long list, I am sure.

That also takes up a lot of time, as does travelling to every game as our representative. Now some people may think, "lucky B", "nice jolly", but I can't imagine its the same as going to the game with your mates. And take it from me who has a 400+ mile road trip every home game, the travelling is a killer, especially as you get on and have a family and work life to juggle on top of it.

4. how much time does this work take up? Doesn't sound like apart time job to me.

5. Once that has happened either a vote of confidence in Huw from those paying members, or an election where Huw stands.

I'd like to think when people know the facts they will form a different opinion on how big an issue this is.

I don't know Huw, but have met him on a few occasions at Trust functions.

I challenged him once on his printing business with the club, and he defended his corner about having to tender for the work. Told me of having lost some of the work in the past - flyers I think was one of those jobs he failed in his bid. And when I saw the figures in the accounts on these costs, I got a close friend, a designer who has worked for major newspapers if these costs looked bona fide, and he said yes. In fact he said he probably could have charged more! He certainly would have. So HCs defence seems credible to me.

And don't forget, if we loose Huw, Phil, Jim or any of the other Trust Board members, that creates a vacuum at a time we can least afford it, especially with the new COO being appointed this week.

Anyone coming in will not have the knowledge of what has been going on these past months. They will not know how the sellers "operate", and how best to challenge that. They know where the skeletons are buried. Be able to challenge any statements made to the new man from within the club, that the Trust reps know to be false.

Now is the time to build a siege mentality and stop this madness.

Stop calling for heads to roll. Let the Trust put the facts before you. then make an more informed opinion, rather than let those with ulterior motives, and not ones that are for the benefit of fans, to undermine us in protecting our club, and finding a way of repairing the damage that has been caused.

We know who the real villains are. lets make sure we don't allow ourselves to have our eyes taken off the ball.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Huw Cooze on 11:39 - Oct 28 with 2453 viewsDarran

Needed saying.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 11:39]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Cooze on 11:51 - Oct 28 with 2421 viewsProfessor

Well said
Huw Cooze on 11:56 - Oct 28 with 2382 viewslonglostjack

Excellent post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Huw Cooze on 11:58 - Oct 28 with 2375 viewsperchrockjack

This campaign will end in disaster.

Chrissy will have achieved what HE wants whilst our club gets royally fecked.

It will be so if Phil packs it in and takes many members of the Trust with him .

Lets face it.

Who do we trust more Sumbler or T2C

If Chrissy is successful then I'm looking to see him form an alternative viable option for our club .If nobody has a better option then get the feck out of it all.

Unless there is a viable alternative , people good people will leave the stage and what you will be left with real issues.

Right now, Cooze has much to answer for, BUT is this campaign really worth endahering the club.

Clear heads are needed, clean minds too.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Cooze on 11:59 - Oct 28 with 2375 viewsNeathJack

Great post.
Huw Cooze on 12:01 - Oct 28 with 2361 viewsDarran

Huw Cooze on 11:58 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

This campaign will end in disaster.

Chrissy will have achieved what HE wants whilst our club gets royally fecked.

It will be so if Phil packs it in and takes many members of the Trust with him .

Lets face it.

Who do we trust more Sumbler or T2C

If Chrissy is successful then I'm looking to see him form an alternative viable option for our club .If nobody has a better option then get the feck out of it all.

Unless there is a viable alternative , people good people will leave the stage and what you will be left with real issues.

Right now, Cooze has much to answer for, BUT is this campaign really worth endahering the club.

Clear heads are needed, clean minds too.

Great post.

Huw Cooze on 12:02 - Oct 28 with 2351 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A very good Post and I couldn't agree more.
Yes how convenient for the Selling Board that this has come out now , it has taken the fan's eyes off of them for now.
But the fan's will not forget what they did and we do need those in the Trust with inside knowledge to assist if any action is to be taken.
Huw Cooze on 12:12 - Oct 28 with 2305 viewsperchrockjack

Darran

I truly wanted to avoid getting involved with CHRISSY again but I see him as a real danger, mainly because he has been (for him) very articulate in his assault and has impressed several but we know theat anyone disagreeing with him is subject to personal abuse,physical threats and all manner of insults often aimed at women ,especially strong ones like Lisa. Take time to recall just whom he s insulted in the name of Swansea City football club.

ME MYSELF I- a grotesque manisfestion of real puerile cockwaving in all its magnificence but ,in the end ,rather flaccid.

By the Mods allowing HIM back has opened up the real possibility Phil will pack it in. He s had this from CHRISSY for years and posters need to understand that. Its utterly personal first and last.

He was banned for a reason YET ,while Phil and Ux are with their families, he reappears under another guise as fetid as ever.

Cooze ,by the way, hasn't cost us any points, Jenkins has by his insouciance over transfers.

I d rather the Owners ,Cooze, Jenkins address the concerns in the correct manner face to face if possible.

Ive seen many words to describe Cooze,Jenkins,The Owners , ,the take over and come to the conclusion that many on here have not know real pain,heartbreak or loss.

Its about perspective

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Cooze on 12:18 - Oct 28 with 2281 viewsharryhpalmer

Huw Cooze on 12:12 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

Darran

I truly wanted to avoid getting involved with CHRISSY again but I see him as a real danger, mainly because he has been (for him) very articulate in his assault and has impressed several but we know theat anyone disagreeing with him is subject to personal abuse,physical threats and all manner of insults often aimed at women ,especially strong ones like Lisa. Take time to recall just whom he s insulted in the name of Swansea City football club.

ME MYSELF I- a grotesque manisfestion of real puerile cockwaving in all its magnificence but ,in the end ,rather flaccid.

By the Mods allowing HIM back has opened up the real possibility Phil will pack it in. He s had this from CHRISSY for years and posters need to understand that. Its utterly personal first and last.

He was banned for a reason YET ,while Phil and Ux are with their families, he reappears under another guise as fetid as ever.

Cooze ,by the way, hasn't cost us any points, Jenkins has by his insouciance over transfers.

I d rather the Owners ,Cooze, Jenkins address the concerns in the correct manner face to face if possible.

Ive seen many words to describe Cooze,Jenkins,The Owners , ,the take over and come to the conclusion that many on here have not know real pain,heartbreak or loss.

Its about perspective

My post wasn't aimed at T2C .

there are other people at play her perch.

think about it!

Huw Cooze on 12:21 - Oct 28 with 2267 viewsDarran

Darran

Its about perspective

Well there's always been too much personal stuff from him and I also agree there more important things to worry about.
Let's see what the Trust say in their statement.

Huw Cooze on 12:21 - Oct 28 with 2265 viewswaynekerr55

Well rumour has it one of the more festively plump ex shareholders is driving this.

Funny that, given that Dougie and Xmastree have disappeared in the last week or so...

For legal reference, this post is an opinion and merely stating what appears to be the case...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Cooze on 12:22 - Oct 28 with 2257 viewsperchrockjack

I know harry but I fear that HE will cause real problems .

Its the manner with with HE deals with issues.

He has some relevant points but Jesus, look at what he posts and to whom.

Any chance of the Trust being bought out

Huw Cooze on 12:22 - Oct 28 with 2260 viewsSmellyplumz

Darran

Its about perspective

Rubbish, you don't like him because he asks uncomfortable questions, ones you don't want to hear, it's that a reason to ban him. If Phil quits because people are asking hard searching questions then maybe it's for the best. I don't condone a witch hunt but I don't condone the status quo either.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Huw Cooze on 12:26 - Oct 28 with 2239 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Cooze on 12:18 - Oct 28 by harryhpalmer

My post wasn't aimed at T2C .

there are other people at play her perch.

think about it!

Another Slumber apologist. Your time is done, thanks!!

Who are you by the way?

Is this the Trust statement we've all waited for all week?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Huw Cooze on 12:31 - Oct 28 with 2227 viewsbudegan

OP is spot on
Huw Cooze on 12:34 - Oct 28 with 2214 viewsDarran

Huw Cooze on 12:22 - Oct 28 by Smellyplumz

Rubbish, you don't like him because he asks uncomfortable questions, ones you don't want to hear, it's that a reason to ban him. If Phil quits because people are asking hard searching questions then maybe it's for the best. I don't condone a witch hunt but I don't condone the status quo either.

I've got absolutely no doubt he'll be eventually banned from here but it won't be for asking searching questions.

Huw Cooze on 12:37 - Oct 28 with 2199 viewslittle_britton

Huw Cooze on 12:26 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Another Slumber apologist. Your time is done, thanks!!

Who are you by the way?

Is this the Trust statement we've all waited for all week?

Why are you obsessed with asking people who they are ?
Huw Cooze on 12:42 - Oct 28 with 2177 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Cooze on 12:37 - Oct 28 by little_britton

Why are you obsessed with asking people who they are ?

Err, he mentioned my name?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Huw Cooze on 12:44 - Oct 28 with 2169 viewsStarsky

From the OPs post...

"I challenged him once on his printing business with the club, and he defended his corner about having to tender for the work. Told me of having lost some of the work in the past - flyers I think was one of those jobs he failed in his bid. And when I saw the figures in the accounts on these costs, I got a close friend, a designer who has worked for major newspapers if these costs looked bona fide, and he said yes. In fact he said he probably could have charged more! He certainly would have. So HCs defence seems credible to me."

If HCs printing contract with the club is still deemed credible by the trust, then they deserve all the pelters rhey get.

It's just the internet, init.

Huw Cooze on 13:06 - Oct 28 with 2089 viewsperchrockjack

Huw Cooze on 12:44 - Oct 28 by Starsky

From the OPs post...

"I challenged him once on his printing business with the club, and he defended his corner about having to tender for the work. Told me of having lost some of the work in the past - flyers I think was one of those jobs he failed in his bid. And when I saw the figures in the accounts on these costs, I got a close friend, a designer who has worked for major newspapers if these costs looked bona fide, and he said yes. In fact he said he probably could have charged more! He certainly would have. So HCs defence seems credible to me."

If HCs printing contract with the club is still deemed credible by the trust, then they deserve all the pelters rhey get.

Can you see me Mother.

Dear god, someone one put us out of this misery

Huw Cooze on 13:12 - Oct 28 with 2071 viewsharryhpalmer

Huw Cooze on 12:42 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Err, he mentioned my name?

i defended your name you pill0ck! read again.

I am no "Sumbler apologist" either.

don't know the man. never met him. never corresponded with, save replying to some posts on here.

no idea on the history of animosity between you and him is either.

I am a fully paid up Trust member who is concerned by what I am seeing is all you need to know about me.

but I would say, if you think he is doing such a crap job - for no salary - I challenge you to stand for election.

Let's see a manifesto from you. A positive one, on how you would change things for the better. Show how you would deal with the sensitive situation on the new ownership, build bridges not completely wreck them beyond repair. Deal with the legal situation that sits before us with new and old co-owners

Put your money where your mouth is.

Huw Cooze on 13:13 - Oct 28 with 2068 viewscockneyswan

Are you Huw Cooze? Do you not care that the trust board have missled the trust members about whether our supporters director was a paid position or not. Everyone needs to ask themselves why they did that. I don't know the answers to these questions but all I do know is that the trust is failing to protect Swansea City fc from soon becoming another Portsmouth fc. I can assure everyone I have no hidden agenda. My only wish is for the success of SCFC. STID
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 13:39]
Huw Cooze on 13:13 - Oct 28 with 2063 viewsTheResurrection

From the OPs post...

That one paragraph alone sums up the whole of the OP's post, even throwing in he checked out the figures with his important mate.

FFS talk about clutching at straws!

There's even one or two on here..... Mind, nowhere else, not one other media platform, only on here, still asking if Cooze was in a position of "conflict of interest"???

And that if the lying Trust come out and say he was not then, OK, he wasn't!!!???

It's completely surreal on here compared to everywhere else and totally hideous.

Huw Cooze on 13:14 - Oct 28 with 2058 viewsharryhpalmer

From the OPs post...

mmm. I'm not an accountant, but if the auditors saw nothing wrong, then...

but the Trust need to have a policy voted for by the members if anyone on the Board can have any business interests with the club.

Swansea's not so big.

And who is to say the new COO will accept the next tender from HC?

Huw Cooze on 13:15 - Oct 28 with 2055 viewsharryhpalmer

Huw Cooze on 12:21 - Oct 28 by waynekerr55

Well rumour has it one of the more festively plump ex shareholders is driving this.

Funny that, given that Dougie and Xmastree have disappeared in the last week or so...

For legal reference, this post is an opinion and merely stating what appears to be the case...

couldn't possibly comment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024