Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Cooze 11:37 - Oct 28 with 3542 viewsharryhpalmer

I can't be the only one who is dismayed what I see happening on here, on scfc and other fans sites regarding the revelation that Huw Cooze has been paid for some of the work he has done over the past 6 years.

To me, the biggest surprise was, for the amount of work he does - and that's just from reading the Trust's minutes - that he wasn't being paid, while the likes of Dineen and Jenkins were!

Do we know their salaries? No.

Now the Trust have got this wrong, and it should have been disclosed before it was, but stand back a second, and think about what really is playing out here.

There is nothing wrong with HC being paid. What's wrong is that the fans weren't made aware of it. But that oversight is not illegal.

But ask yourselves why this has become such a burning topic? Who is driving this? and why are they making this such a MASSIVE issue, when there are other things us fans and Trust members need to be worried about?

I have my suspicions, and I'll leave you all, for legal reasons, to form your own opinions who that might be and why they would want to do that.

Because what it seems to me, this is being used as a stick to beat the Trust with. Trying to destabilise it. Trying to put the hierarchy of Trust Board members under such pressure they could all be forced out or want to give it up.

THAT WOULD BE A BLOODY DISASTER, but it looks to be what the real agenda is all about to me.

But we do need to find a way forward that is best for the Trust, which is ultimately best for the fans.

I'd like to see the Trust make a statement on this issue to put it to bed so they can concentrate on the job at hand. in it detail the following:

1. What has Huw really been paid? I don't believe it is as much as people are being led to believe. The club accounts don't stack up on that score.

2. What has he achieved in this role over the past several years? just reading the Trust minutes over the years I have been a member, it seems a bloody lot. And a lot of it unseen and unglamorous work.

- From working with the Disabled Supporters groups (we are one of a handful of clubs who comply with the Disabled Supporters Act as a result).

- Working with and helping Supporters direct, and other clubs like Wimbledon through SD.

- Supporting local clubs with kit, appearances and other stuff - for those of you he has helped, please speak out.

- Initiatives abroad - the US camps. African townships.

- Representing us fans at PL meetings.

- Taking up the South Stand moving debacle complaints this pre-season.

- The Trust would be best placed to detail the full list of work and achievements, but it will be a long list, I am sure.

That also takes up a lot of time, as does travelling to every game as our representative. Now some people may think, "lucky B", "nice jolly", but I can't imagine its the same as going to the game with your mates. And take it from me who has a 400+ mile road trip every home game, the travelling is a killer, especially as you get on and have a family and work life to juggle on top of it.

4. how much time does this work take up? Doesn't sound like apart time job to me.

5. Once that has happened either a vote of confidence in Huw from those paying members, or an election where Huw stands.

I'd like to think when people know the facts they will form a different opinion on how big an issue this is.

I don't know Huw, but have met him on a few occasions at Trust functions.

I challenged him once on his printing business with the club, and he defended his corner about having to tender for the work. Told me of having lost some of the work in the past - flyers I think was one of those jobs he failed in his bid. And when I saw the figures in the accounts on these costs, I got a close friend, a designer who has worked for major newspapers if these costs looked bona fide, and he said yes. In fact he said he probably could have charged more! He certainly would have. So HCs defence seems credible to me.

And don't forget, if we loose Huw, Phil, Jim or any of the other Trust Board members, that creates a vacuum at a time we can least afford it, especially with the new COO being appointed this week.

Anyone coming in will not have the knowledge of what has been going on these past months. They will not know how the sellers "operate", and how best to challenge that. They know where the skeletons are buried. Be able to challenge any statements made to the new man from within the club, that the Trust reps know to be false.

Now is the time to build a siege mentality and stop this madness.

Stop calling for heads to roll. Let the Trust put the facts before you. then make an more informed opinion, rather than let those with ulterior motives, and not ones that are for the benefit of fans, to undermine us in protecting our club, and finding a way of repairing the damage that has been caused.

We know who the real villains are. lets make sure we don't allow ourselves to have our eyes taken off the ball.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Huw Cooze on 13:16 - Oct 28 with 1165 viewsSmellyplumz

Huw Cooze on 12:34 - Oct 28 by Darran

I've got absolutely no doubt he'll be eventually banned from here but it won't be for asking searching questions.

No it'll be because you and others don't like him because he's not sucked up to you.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Huw Cooze on 13:20 - Oct 28 with 1150 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Cooze on 13:12 - Oct 28 by harryhpalmer

i defended your name you pill0ck! read again.

I am no "Sumbler apologist" either.

don't know the man. never met him. never corresponded with, save replying to some posts on here.

no idea on the history of animosity between you and him is either.

I am a fully paid up Trust member who is concerned by what I am seeing is all you need to know about me.

but I would say, if you think he is doing such a crap job - for no salary - I challenge you to stand for election.

Let's see a manifesto from you. A positive one, on how you would change things for the better. Show how you would deal with the sensitive situation on the new ownership, build bridges not completely wreck them beyond repair. Deal with the legal situation that sits before us with new and old co-owners

Put your money where your mouth is.

You are totally un-credible and clearly attached to the Trust or Cooze.

And totally lacking in balls to hide behind your username.

Ps my mate who prints magazines for Fleet Street says Cooze's prices were EXTORTIONATE!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Huw Cooze on 13:27 - Oct 28 with 1139 viewsStarsky

Huw Cooze on 13:14 - Oct 28 by harryhpalmer

mmm. I'm not an accountant, but if the auditors saw nothing wrong, then...

but the Trust need to have a policy voted for by the members if anyone on the Board can have any business interests with the club.

Swansea's not so big.

And who is to say the new COO will accept the next tender from HC?

OMG...
It's not about whether HCs prices were competitive ... it's that he shouldn't be tendering for any work at SCFC.

Feck me.

It's just the internet, init.

Huw Cooze on 13:28 - Oct 28 with 1135 viewswaynekerr55

In think the revelations can be summed up as follows

- these revelations are a necessary evil, in which Uxbridge has already started to take action regarding governance
- it is hard to see how HC can maintain his post, it is nigh on untenable
- the trust must be whiter than white going forward, and fresh blood is a must. That said, I'm not advocating the removal of Phil nor Jim in the short term to medium term. That said, succession planning should now commence.
- the actions of Jenkins, Dineen et al. Must not be forgotten and it is a priority that action is taken on this front. That is the priority

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Cooze on 13:29 - Oct 28 with 1127 viewsLandore_Jack

Huw Cooze on 13:20 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Ps my mate who prints magazines for Fleet Street says Cooze's prices were EXTORTIONATE!!!

You clearly have strong views about the Trust.

Why have you never stood as a candidate?

If elected what would you do different?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 13:33]

#backtojack

Huw Cooze on 13:31 - Oct 28 with 1108 viewsperchrockjack

"sucked up"

I d suggest most men and all women would hate to be sucked by the special one.

Ych a fi

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Cooze on 13:34 - Oct 28 with 1097 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We do know Huw Jenkins' salary. It was published in the last accounts.

£517,000 if I remember correctly.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Huw Cooze on 13:39 - Oct 28 with 1067 viewsharryhpalmer

Huw Cooze on 13:20 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

I'll say it again.

I am a paying member of the Trust.

I have no affiliation or friendships with anyone on the Board of said organisation.

I don't know them personally. I have met Jim and HC at a couple of Trust events.

Never met Sumbler. No idea who uxbridge is, or anyone else.

I've never worked with them. drunk with them. had dinner with them. been to school with them. don't own, and have never owned any shares in the club. never offered them out for a fight!

what about you?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Cooze on 13:39 - Oct 28 with 1065 viewsperchrockjack

I'm assuming all can be sacked .

If they are, will the Yanks have attained some credibility.

Outside this site, is there equal distaste

Huw Cooze on 13:52 - Oct 28 with 1042 viewsjacabertawe

I know nothing of the main protaganist in the attacks against the Trust, but the most balanced position on this matter is surely between the non disclosure and principle of HC's alleged payment from the Club as an indication of alleged lack of transparancy and scepticism as to the level of vitriol directed at the Trust in general?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Huw Cooze on 13:55 - Oct 28 with 1030 viewsDarran

Huw Cooze on 13:52 - Oct 28 by jacabertawe

I know nothing of the main protaganist in the attacks against the Trust, but the most balanced position on this matter is surely between the non disclosure and principle of HC's alleged payment from the Club as an indication of alleged lack of transparancy and scepticism as to the level of vitriol directed at the Trust in general?

Of course it is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Cooze on 14:12 - Oct 28 with 1004 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Cooze on 13:39 - Oct 28 by harryhpalmer

I'll say it again.

I am a paying member of the Trust.

I have no affiliation or friendships with anyone on the Board of said organisation.

I don't know them personally. I have met Jim and HC at a couple of Trust events.

Never met Sumbler. No idea who uxbridge is, or anyone else.

I've never worked with them. drunk with them. had dinner with them. been to school with them. don't own, and have never owned any shares in the club. never offered them out for a fight!

what about you?

I am.... not afraid for you to know me or my name.

You are.

Your choice.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Huw Cooze on 14:16 - Oct 28 with 994 viewsNeathJack

Huw Cooze on 14:12 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

I am.... not afraid for you to know me or my name.

You are.

Your choice.

Maybe if you didn't have such an aggressive demeanour and a well documented history for threatening people, posters would be more inclined to reveal who they are.

As it is, I don't blame people one jot for not doing so given your attitude.
Huw Cooze on 14:30 - Oct 28 with 958 viewsperchrockjack

What you work as Chrissy .

Where you live

Have you found a woman (or man) to love and to be loved.

Have you raised any children

Have you a fookn life outside

Huw Cooze on 14:37 - Oct 28 with 935 viewsE20Jack

Likewise we cannot let the despicable actions of others (old board) excuse the unacceptable actions and positions of those within the Trust. It sounds like some are wishing to excuse it because ''it's not as bad as what others have done''. That mentality is detrimental to progression in my opinion. If the club want a SLO then they can advertise for one and pay them what they wish, but they cannot then be a part of the Trust.

Which leads to a question - If Huw was offered the 240 grand windfall he has received so far again for the next 6 years to be SLO and step down as SD - or step down as SLO and continue to volunteer as SD for free - one or the other - which would he choose?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Huw Cooze on 14:41 - Oct 28 with 779 viewsLoyal

Huw Cooze on 12:01 - Oct 28 by Darran

Great post.

There's a lot of it about.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Huw Cooze on 14:42 - Oct 28 with 772 viewsDewi1jack

Huw Cooze on 13:16 - Oct 28 by Smellyplumz

No it'll be because you and others don't like him because he's not sucked up to you.

And that for me will be a shame at the mo.
Whether people like the so called sh1tstirrers or not, they're raising very valid points.
Certainly making me question an awful lot of things that I suppose I had just become apathetic towards. Making me search for answers, so certainly IMHO, not a bad thing

Banning anyone at the mo, may just mean that we miss out on a concerted way forward as an united group of fans
Trouble is, people on both sides are dropping into personal abuse, rather than debating like mature adults
That I don't find acceptable, as points / questions are then being missed

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Huw Cooze on 14:42 - Oct 28 with 772 viewsTaliesin

Huw Cooze on 14:30 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

What you work as Chrissy .

Where you live

Have you found a woman (or man) to love and to be loved.

Have you raised any children

Have you a fookn life outside

He does sound as if he needs a good hard shag, doesn't he?
Huw Cooze on 14:44 - Oct 28 with 762 viewsMurph75

Huw Cooze on 14:42 - Oct 28 by Taliesin

Failing that, a hobby.
Huw Cooze (n/t) on 08:08 - Oct 29 with 576 viewswildswan

The 1 thing we Should have in common
Is our Love for Swansea City.

Never trusted any of the pricks in charge before
& don't trust these pricks in charge now

It shouldn't b about point scoring here its how it gets sorted from here on.

I don't have the answers but good luck to all
If the intention is to find and drag the rats out whose robbing us all then
Hats off onwards we go STID
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 8:22]
Huw Cooze on 08:32 - Oct 29 with 552 viewsBigPhilG

I find it hard to have any faith in anyone connected to the club now. First the sell outs and now revelations from within the trust regarding Huw Cooze.

I see the trust as being guardians of the club for the fans and I've always been an avid supporter. Now I'm thinking has the trust director been lining his pockets and looking after his own personal interests instead of us the fans,

It's been suggested in a few other places that HC probably knew about the takeover and kept quiet just so he could keep his printing contracts. I've no idea if that's the case but if it is that makes a bad situation even worse.
Huw Cooze on 08:55 - Oct 29 with 519 viewscockneyswan

Huw Cooze on 14:42 - Oct 28 by Taliesin

So no personal abuse eh? Wouldn't be Planetswans then! 😂😂😂
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 9:02]
Huw Cooze on 09:04 - Oct 29 with 506 viewsicecoldjack

Huw Cooze on 08:32 - Oct 29 by BigPhilG

I find it hard to have any faith in anyone connected to the club now. First the sell outs and now revelations from within the trust regarding Huw Cooze.

I see the trust as being guardians of the club for the fans and I've always been an avid supporter. Now I'm thinking has the trust director been lining his pockets and looking after his own personal interests instead of us the fans,

It's been suggested in a few other places that HC probably knew about the takeover and kept quiet just so he could keep his printing contracts. I've no idea if that's the case but if it is that makes a bad situation even worse.

Great post.

officially the trust are the voice of reason and opposition, unofficially they are all butty boys drinking together in morgans and getting fat off scfc .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024