Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brazilian plane crash 07:07 - Nov 29 with 4386 viewsSwansea93

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/737649/plane-crase-columbia-Jos-Mar-a-C-rdov

Awful news

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Brazilian plane crash on 07:45 - Nov 29 with 2912 viewsnice_to_michu

Dreadful.

I hope the survivors recover from the awful experience.
Brazilian plane crash on 10:10 - Nov 29 with 2792 viewsSmellyplumz

Very sad, RIP to the victims and the families.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Brazilian plane crash on 10:14 - Nov 29 with 2778 viewsnantywatcher

76 dead -what a dreadful tragedy.
Brazilian plane crash on 11:39 - Nov 29 with 2707 viewsAnotherJohn

City of about 210,000 people, with the football team being one of the biggest feel-good factors for many. ACF's stadium capacity is 22,600. They were on their way to the biggest game in the club's history. I couldn't help thinking that they are a bit like us. Sympathy to the Verdão - hope they can rebuild and get to a final again.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 18:12]
Brazilian plane crash on 15:14 - Nov 29 with 2558 viewsLegend83

Dreadful news, and my worst nightmare.

Fair play to the pilot who evidently realised they were going down and tried to dump fuel to avoid an explosion on impact - it may well have saved 5 souls.

RIP to those who didn't make it.
Brazilian plane crash on 15:54 - Nov 29 with 2532 viewsswan65split

Terrible news RIP

Video on FB of them Celebrating only 5 days ago, puts things in perpective, RIP

Brazilian plane crash on 16:13 - Nov 29 with 2503 viewsbonymine

Brazilian plane crash on 15:54 - Nov 29 by swan65split

Terrible news RIP

Video on FB of them Celebrating only 5 days ago, puts things in perpective, RIP

Watching that video sent shivers down my spine. RIP.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Brazilian plane crash on 17:57 - Nov 29 with 2428 viewstrampie

Terrible echo's of what happened to Grande Torino and Man U teams back in the day.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Brazilian plane crash on 21:17 - Nov 29 with 2335 viewsKennedy

Great gesture from the other teams in the league.

Devastating tragedy for the team, but football no matter how corrupt in ways have shown how to come together.

The full note:
In this moment of loss and pure sadness, we, presidents of brazilian clubs that publish this note, would like to express our deepest condolences and solidarity with Associação Chapecoense de Futebol and their supporters, specially their families and friends, coaching staff and board, for the tragedy that ocurred this Tuesday.
Even though knowing of the irreparable damage that was caused by this terrible incident, the clubs understand that this is a moment for union, support and help to Chapecoense.
Therefore, the clubs announce the Solidarity Measures to Chapecoense, which constitute, among others, of the following:
(i) Free loan of athletes for the 2017 season;
(ii) Official solicitation to the CBF to prevent Chapecoense from being relegated to the Serie B for the next three season. If Chapecoense finishes the league amongst the bottom four, the 16th placed will be relegated.
It is a minimum gesture of solidarity that is doeable from us, but gifted with the most sincere objective to rebuild this institution and the brazilian football part that was lost today.

Signing the note until now: Coritiba, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Portuguesa, Santos and São Paulo.

Just call me JFK

Brazilian plane crash on 21:36 - Nov 29 with 2316 viewstrampie

Brazilian plane crash on 21:17 - Nov 29 by Kennedy

Great gesture from the other teams in the league.

Devastating tragedy for the team, but football no matter how corrupt in ways have shown how to come together.

The full note:
In this moment of loss and pure sadness, we, presidents of brazilian clubs that publish this note, would like to express our deepest condolences and solidarity with Associação Chapecoense de Futebol and their supporters, specially their families and friends, coaching staff and board, for the tragedy that ocurred this Tuesday.
Even though knowing of the irreparable damage that was caused by this terrible incident, the clubs understand that this is a moment for union, support and help to Chapecoense.
Therefore, the clubs announce the Solidarity Measures to Chapecoense, which constitute, among others, of the following:
(i) Free loan of athletes for the 2017 season;
(ii) Official solicitation to the CBF to prevent Chapecoense from being relegated to the Serie B for the next three season. If Chapecoense finishes the league amongst the bottom four, the 16th placed will be relegated.
It is a minimum gesture of solidarity that is doeable from us, but gifted with the most sincere objective to rebuild this institution and the brazilian football part that was lost today.

Signing the note until now: Coritiba, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Portuguesa, Santos and São Paulo.

When it happened to an Italian team I think they played youth teams against Torino's youth team for the rest of the season, but when it happened to an English side I think it was a case of going into the transfer/loan market, think they got a few players from one particular non league team in.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brazilian plane crash on 22:33 - Nov 29 with 2258 viewsandrew

PSG offer 40 million apparently, class if true.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Brazilian plane crash on 09:26 - Nov 30 with 2183 viewsLegend83

Don't Google images of the crash site - I made this mistake and there are some seriously grim pictures I wish I had not seen.
Brazilian plane crash on 09:34 - Nov 30 with 2170 viewsSmellyplumz

The team they where due to pay in the final have said they want them to be awarded the cup as a tribute, great gesture amongst such a tragedy.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Brazilian plane crash on 11:13 - Dec 1 with 2062 viewsLegend83

Brazilian plane crash on 15:14 - Nov 29 by Legend83

Dreadful news, and my worst nightmare.

Fair play to the pilot who evidently realised they were going down and tried to dump fuel to avoid an explosion on impact - it may well have saved 5 souls.

RIP to those who didn't make it.

Looks like I got this wrong and that it actually ran out of fuel causing all electrics and instrumentation to die.

Begs the question - why was a plane flying that route when it's margin of error for fuel was so low and why would the pilot agree to go into a holding pattern if he knew his fuel guages were showing empty?!
Brazilian plane crash on 11:19 - Dec 1 with 2055 viewsLeonWasGod

Brazilian plane crash on 11:13 - Dec 1 by Legend83

Looks like I got this wrong and that it actually ran out of fuel causing all electrics and instrumentation to die.

Begs the question - why was a plane flying that route when it's margin of error for fuel was so low and why would the pilot agree to go into a holding pattern if he knew his fuel guages were showing empty?!

Someone will swing for this. Don't they all run close to the limit with fuel though? I thought it was fairly standard practice to see if you could coast in on fumes?
Brazilian plane crash on 11:25 - Dec 1 with 2049 views34dfgdf54

Brazilian plane crash on 11:19 - Dec 1 by LeonWasGod

Someone will swing for this. Don't they all run close to the limit with fuel though? I thought it was fairly standard practice to see if you could coast in on fumes?

Apparently he had the option of stopping in an airport three quarters if of the way up, but decided to carry on the route thinking he had enough in the tank.

Crazy risk to take if true.
Brazilian plane crash on 11:32 - Dec 1 with 2039 viewsLeonWasGod

Brazilian plane crash on 11:25 - Dec 1 by 34dfgdf54

Apparently he had the option of stopping in an airport three quarters if of the way up, but decided to carry on the route thinking he had enough in the tank.

Crazy risk to take if true.

So sad. Seems worse to take when it could so easily have been avoided.
Brazilian plane crash on 11:47 - Dec 1 with 2023 viewsLegend83

Brazilian plane crash on 11:19 - Dec 1 by LeonWasGod

BIL just told me international reg is you have to have declare a mayday if you have less than 30 mins in the tanks and have been asked to join a holding pattern.

It seems he declared electrical problems when the actual problem was he had lost both engines and the generators that drive the electrics! If he had declared the mayday he would have been priority to land and not joined the holding pattern.

Looks like he was trying to cover his arse to avoid having to fess up to flying with insufficient fuel.
Brazilian plane crash on 14:13 - Dec 1 with 1960 viewsSmellyplumz

Brazilian plane crash on 11:13 - Dec 1 by Legend83

It's down to the pilot to calculate the weight of passengers, the cargo and distance to work out fuel needed, they do run on fine margins as to much fuel causes more weight and more fuel consumption.

Brazilian plane crash on 17:29 - Dec 1 with 1913 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Well this is sickening. I really hope investigators inform the media about some glaringly obvious facts which are known so far. Such as the range issues and the fact that accident aircraft could NOT have ever safely flown that route.

They must have received a fuel warning 20 minutes before arriving near Medellin. They disregarded the clear fuel issue and the inability to reach a different airport in the event of a delayed landing. Criminal.

They had also done this flight before, and those posted flight times were only 5-6 minutes LESS than the accident flight. It's incredible that this was the first occasion where they had to delay their landing.

It's mind boggling. Setting off on a 1600 mile journey with 1620 miles of fuel. Anything other than a perfect flight would result in the crash. Yet they performed this flight many times previously.

I assume some massively damning evidence will be uncovered, including bribes to the football officials for repeatedly (and solely) telling teams to use LaMia, HUGE safety violations, training and competence shortcomings, financial issues, and a large history prior safety and regulation violations, many of which were PROBABLY paid to be ignored. This will be the end of LaMia, but it could also have huge impacts for the aviation industry over there.

Lots of people will be jailed.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Brazilian plane crash on 18:39 - Dec 1 with 1893 viewsLegend83

Brazilian plane crash on 17:29 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well this is sickening. I really hope investigators inform the media about some glaringly obvious facts which are known so far. Such as the range issues and the fact that accident aircraft could NOT have ever safely flown that route.

They must have received a fuel warning 20 minutes before arriving near Medellin. They disregarded the clear fuel issue and the inability to reach a different airport in the event of a delayed landing. Criminal.

They had also done this flight before, and those posted flight times were only 5-6 minutes LESS than the accident flight. It's incredible that this was the first occasion where they had to delay their landing.

It's mind boggling. Setting off on a 1600 mile journey with 1620 miles of fuel. Anything other than a perfect flight would result in the crash. Yet they performed this flight many times previously.

I assume some massively damning evidence will be uncovered, including bribes to the football officials for repeatedly (and solely) telling teams to use LaMia, HUGE safety violations, training and competence shortcomings, financial issues, and a large history prior safety and regulation violations, many of which were PROBABLY paid to be ignored. This will be the end of LaMia, but it could also have huge impacts for the aviation industry over there.

Lots of people will be jailed.

I don't know if you knew but LaMia is basically a one-man-band (12 employees but the pilot was the owner) flying this one plane owned by a Bolivian.

I would definitely expect the Bolivian owner will have handed over many a brown-paper bag.

Equally if they were willing to take risks like this it's not madness to suspect their insurance might have been lacking so not sure who is going to be liable for what.

Another sad revelation is that it was the female co-pilots first flight - given the owner was the captain I can imagine (another) scenario in which even if she realised something was catastrophically wrong she wouldn't have had the confidence to question him - ala Tenerife / BEA Staines.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 18:42]
Brazilian plane crash on 19:12 - Dec 1 with 1869 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Brazilian plane crash on 18:39 - Dec 1 by Legend83

I don't know if you knew but LaMia is basically a one-man-band (12 employees but the pilot was the owner) flying this one plane owned by a Bolivian.

I would definitely expect the Bolivian owner will have handed over many a brown-paper bag.

Equally if they were willing to take risks like this it's not madness to suspect their insurance might have been lacking so not sure who is going to be liable for what.

Another sad revelation is that it was the female co-pilots first flight - given the owner was the captain I can imagine (another) scenario in which even if she realised something was catastrophically wrong she wouldn't have had the confidence to question him - ala Tenerife / BEA Staines.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 18:42]

Having listened to the ATC, the captain only informed the controller of the emergency minutes before it crashed. He'd have received warning that they were using emergency fuel 20 minutes earlier.

He made a deliberate attempt to try and cover his tracks regarding the lack of fuel for the flight and he has killed all those people as a result.

Brazilian plane crash on 19:16 - Dec 1 with 1869 viewsMurph75

Brazilian plane crash on 19:12 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Having listened to the ATC, the captain only informed the controller of the emergency minutes before it crashed. He'd have received warning that they were using emergency fuel 20 minutes earlier.

He made a deliberate attempt to try and cover his tracks regarding the lack of fuel for the flight and he has killed all those people as a result.

No wonder you're on minus figures.
Brazilian plane crash on 19:19 - Dec 1 with 1865 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Brazilian plane crash on 19:16 - Dec 1 by Murph75

No wonder you're on minus figures.

Tell me what I said that you disagree with.

Brazilian plane crash on 19:20 - Dec 1 with 1862 viewsMurph75

Brazilian plane crash on 19:19 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Tell me what I said that you disagree with.

I disagree with you comments when over 70 people have lost their lives in a tragic accident. Have some tact and diplomacy and take your bile elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024