Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn 08:09 - Dec 1 with 10127 viewsdcd14

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38161256

Former Swansea City manager Brian Flynn is returning to the club as a scout.

Flynn, 61, was the Swansea boss who masterminded the club retaining their Football League status on the last day of the 2002-03 season.

He has since worked with the Wales age-grade teams and was caretaker boss of the senior side for two games.

During eight years in charge of the Wales under-21s, Flynn oversaw the progression of Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Joe Allen and Wayne Hennessey.

Several of the youngsters went on to form the nucleus of Chris Coleman's Euro 2016 semi-finalists.

Flynn, who played for Wales 66-times, was a firm favourite at the Vetch Field and cemented his legacy when they retained their Football League status on the final day of the 2003 campaign with a 4-2 win over Hull City.

Port Talbot-born Flynn, who played for Burnley, Leeds United and Cardiff City, has also managed Wrexham and Doncaster Rovers
Flynn on 08:11 - Dec 1 with 6589 viewsAngelRangelQS

Fantastic news!
Flynn on 08:13 - Dec 1 with 6587 viewsDr_Winston

Nice to see we're trying to corner the market in talented young players from the North West Lancashire area.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flynn on 08:18 - Dec 1 with 6558 viewsWarwickHunt

Flynn on 08:13 - Dec 1 by Dr_Winston

Nice to see we're trying to corner the market in talented young players from the North West Lancashire area.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Probably got a free bus pass now too.

*Huw taps pocket*
Flynn on 08:25 - Dec 1 with 6517 viewsWatchman

Colin Addison in charge of Catering and BOOMTIME!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Flynn on 08:34 - Dec 1 with 6484 viewssherpajacob

Kenny Jackett is free to take up the rule of fitness and conditioning coach.

Dream team.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Flynn on 08:40 - Dec 1 with 6460 viewsDevz00

I'm quite happy with this appointment to be honest. And he won't be required to be in Swansea much so it will suit him.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Flynn on 08:45 - Dec 1 with 6437 viewsPegojack

My footballing claim to fame is that I once played against him in the massive Port Talbot derby match - Glanafan Comprehensive vs Sandfields Comprehensive.

History doesn't record the result.

Which famous footballers have you played against?
Flynn on 08:59 - Dec 1 with 6365 viewsDarran

There's no denying Flynn and Reeves signed us some gems but that was the 4th division and this is the PL. I just don't see it myself.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn on 09:00 - Dec 1 with 6364 viewsBanosswan

Flynn on 08:45 - Dec 1 by Pegojack

My footballing claim to fame is that I once played against him in the massive Port Talbot derby match - Glanafan Comprehensive vs Sandfields Comprehensive.

That's a derby that no longer exists.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Flynn on 09:04 - Dec 1 with 6343 viewsnantywatcher

I played alongside Larry Lloyd who played for England and won a European Cup winners medal with Forest, in our County youth team. (I think he's still alive!)
Flynn on 09:10 - Dec 1 with 6317 viewsShonky

Flynn on 09:04 - Dec 1 by nantywatcher

I played alongside Larry Lloyd who played for England and won a European Cup winners medal with Forest, in our County youth team. (I think he's still alive!)

Its just a ride...

Flynn on 09:14 - Dec 1 with 6291 viewsfather_jack

sounds good.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Flynn on 09:15 - Dec 1 with 6284 viewsswancity

Great news. Knows a talented player when he sees one. And great to have him back with Swansea City. The man who signed Trundle Tate Martinez Britton Robinson all players who went onto become SCFC legends and who did most to get our club moving forwards on the pitch. Chuffed.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Flynn on 09:17 - Dec 1 with 6274 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I hope he hasn't lost Kevin Reeves' phone number.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 9:18]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Flynn on 09:39 - Dec 1 with 6197 viewsperchrockjack

It's actually north east Lancashire.

Almost Yorkshire.

It's nice up on t moors

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Flynn on 09:40 - Dec 1 with 6198 viewsWarwickHunt

Robbie James, Gordon Hill, Rachid Harkouk.
Flynn on 10:01 - Dec 1 with 6134 viewsPegojack

T'was him that Brian Clough came out with the immortal line about, when guesting as a punter on TV coverage of Larry Lloyd's England debut.

It was against Wales in the home internationals, we thrashed them 4-0 or 4-1 and Lloyd was given a real run around.

Clough, when asked to comment on Lloyd's performance, said "Larry's the only player to have won two caps in one international match - his first, and his last!".
Flynn on 10:30 - Dec 1 with 6050 viewsjackal

I had a kickabout in Singleton Park and headed past Steve Potter.

There were only 4 of us though!

It's not great really.
Flynn on 10:35 - Dec 1 with 6033 viewsmax936

Flynn on 08:25 - Dec 1 by Watchman

Colin Addison in charge of Catering and BOOMTIME!

Darran in charge of the shirt designs and the jobs a fish.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Flynn on 10:46 - Dec 1 with 5996 viewsDarran

Flynn on 10:35 - Dec 1 by max936

Darran in charge of the shirt designs and the jobs a fish.

Don't be a clever tw^t Max.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Flynn on 10:54 - Dec 1 with 5971 viewscaerleon_jack

Curt, when his lad played for Mumbles Rangers.

Insert something witty here

Flynn on 10:56 - Dec 1 with 5963 viewsUppa_Swans

Happy to see this, rate Flynn as a scout. Hope he's kept up to date w/ the game at the highest level though.

Have played against Emyr Huws in youth football, thought his name was enigmatically just "M" as that was what his team kept calling him. He was f*cking quality to be fair, scored all 5 against us in a 5-0 loss.
Flynn on 10:59 - Dec 1 with 5953 viewswaynekerr55

Flynn on 10:56 - Dec 1 by Uppa_Swans

Happy to see this, rate Flynn as a scout. Hope he's kept up to date w/ the game at the highest level though.

Have played against Emyr Huws in youth football, thought his name was enigmatically just "M" as that was what his team kept calling him. He was f*cking quality to be fair, scored all 5 against us in a 5-0 loss.

The move to Man City stalled his progression IMO.

A definite talent

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Flynn on 11:04 - Dec 1 with 5927 views1462jack

Andrew Mumford in a pre season friendly for Malsters sports v Portalbot summer 2004
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 11:05]
Flynn on 11:20 - Dec 1 with 5875 viewsUppa_Swans

Flynn on 10:59 - Dec 1 by waynekerr55

The move to Man City stalled his progression IMO.

A definite talent

I'm not sure whether it was that tbh mate, would have loved to have seen him stay with us but Man City have a great academy.

I think his undoing has been floating between struggling Championship clubs. Difficult to progress without a solid permanent deal IMO, as Scott Sinclair found. You're having to effectively 'shop window' yourself over a short period of games. Huws isn't dynamic enough for a Warnock style of football really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024