Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson 14:00 - Dec 2 with 2128 viewsGabriel

Swans fans,

Written up some thoughts ahead of your game against Tottenham - http://www.TheFootbalLab.co.uk/2016/spurs-v-swansea-llorentes-impact/

Do you think you can get the best out of Fer and Sigurdsson in the same team? To me they both look best in a free role just in front of the midfield.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 14:46 - Dec 2 with 2070 viewsPegojack

Thank you for your thoughts. Exactly the same subject has been tormenting posters on this site for weeks, and thousands of posts have been written about it.
The answer is - there is no answer.
Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 15:01 - Dec 2 with 2040 viewsGabriel

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 14:46 - Dec 2 by Pegojack

Thank you for your thoughts. Exactly the same subject has been tormenting posters on this site for weeks, and thousands of posts have been written about it.

Conundrum. Defence in need of improvement in January?
Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 15:04 - Dec 2 with 2028 viewsPegojack

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 15:01 - Dec 2 by Gabriel

Conundrum. Defence in need of improvement in January?

Everything's in need of improvement, and before January!

We are not expecting our new owners to splash any significant cash in the transfer window. We are the poor relations of the Premier League, and probably won't be in it come the summer.
Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 15:32 - Dec 2 with 1981 viewsTummer_from_Texas

It's up to Bob to get more out of Fer defensively, to keep them both in the same team at the same time.

That's not a question of ability IMO.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 17:15 - Dec 2 with 1897 viewsGabriel

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 15:32 - Dec 2 by Tummer_from_Texas

It's up to Bob to get more out of Fer defensively, to keep them both in the same team at the same time.

That's not a question of ability IMO.

Question is, if Fer does become more disciplined and you drop him further back, do you leave out Cork or Fulton? Hear Fulton has been playing quite well.
Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 17:27 - Dec 2 with 1883 viewsskippyjack

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 17:15 - Dec 2 by Gabriel

Question is, if Fer does become more disciplined and you drop him further back, do you leave out Cork or Fulton? Hear Fulton has been playing quite well.

Our best midfielder by some distance.. and that's not impressive.. sad state of affairs when your hope relies on Kingsley, Barrow, Fulton and Mawson for Premier League football.. but you can blame our previous owners for that.. The Americans already want to jump ship.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 17:54 - Dec 2 with 1841 viewsTheResurrection

The non Swans fan OP understands more about our own team and Bradley's dilemma than some of our perennially brain dead own supporters do.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 18:46 - Dec 2 with 1799 viewsLeonWasGod

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 14:46 - Dec 2 by Pegojack

I don't see the problem. Fer would be rubbish in Siggy's role compared to Siggy as he wouldn't put the yards in off the ball. He's fine given a deeper role with licence to get forward, but just needs Jack or Leon to sit. JdG couldn't tackle either and he played that role fine.

Besides, we seem to be pretty much accommodating all our CMs in our loaded midfield set-ups this year! Fitting in 2 is for pansies, we can get 4 in easily.
Login to get fewer ads

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 22:19 - Dec 2 with 1724 viewsTheResurrection

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 18:46 - Dec 2 by LeonWasGod

I don't see the problem. Fer would be rubbish in Siggy's role compared to Siggy as he wouldn't put the yards in off the ball. He's fine given a deeper role with licence to get forward, but just needs Jack or Leon to sit. JdG couldn't tackle either and he played that role fine.

Besides, we seem to be pretty much accommodating all our CMs in our loaded midfield set-ups this year! Fitting in 2 is for pansies, we can get 4 in easily.

We don't need our number ten to run around like a headless chicken. Close down yes but the majority role in that position is to create, not defend. If Bob tries picking a team without Fer we'd be rubbish.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 22:49 - Dec 2 with 1692 viewsLeonWasGod

Incorporating Fer and Sigurdsson on 22:19 - Dec 2 by TheResurrection

We don't need our number ten to run around like a headless chicken. Close down yes but the majority role in that position is to create, not defend. If Bob tries picking a team without Fer we'd be rubbish.

Depends how we set the team up. If you chose to press like we did against Liverpool then that's exactly what you need him to do. If we don't have a plan, like against United when some pressed and others didn't even in the same zones, then agreed he's just wasting his energy. I'm not saying one way is right, but they're both possibilities.

I'm not sure what Bob's trying to do though.

Fer can certainly play deeper but with license to get forward. We've been doing it for years with similar players a bit light defensively - Shelvey, JDG, etc. IF the other holding midfielder and defence are up to scratch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024