Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. 17:25 - Dec 2 with 1080 viewsDavillin

What a pack of horseshit in this article, from top to bottom. Typical HuffPost.

Typical American hysteria from a lack of understanding of the facts, and it's very annoying. [Edit: I wonder where they got their "information." I'd hate to tell you what I think.]

Read it for yourself and see if you can spot the stupidity ["stupidities"]:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jamie-spencer/swansea-manager-bob-bradl_b_133214
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 17:26]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 18:11 - Dec 2 with 1008 viewsblueytheblue

Love the way the article bigs up his achievements, with dates.

Dates from which the reader could ascertain he'd done fuk all in years.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 18:48 - Dec 2 with 945 viewsLeonWasGod

Never read it. Who's "their parent"?
Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 18:59 - Dec 2 with 921 viewsMurph75

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 18:48 - Dec 2 by LeonWasGod

Have you ever read anything he copies and pastes on here? I know I can't bring myself to do so.
Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 19:10 - Dec 2 with 895 viewsGlyn1

10% true - 90% false. Also an article that could be written in 5 minutes with no knowledge of the sport whatsoever, except a quick look at Bradley's wiki page and a Siggi quote cut and pasted from somewhere else. On second thoughts make that 3 minutes.

Yes, European managers (and South American managers) would have got an easier ride, and Bradley isn't a know-nothing, having been in the business for 40 years, but he still hasn't achieved anything at club level that would warrant him becoming a Premier League manager. All of us are supporting him, but having doubts isn't being anti-American.

It's a lazy article, written by someone with a weekly quota of articles to meet and zero knowledge of the game.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 19:26 - Dec 2 with 870 viewsjack247

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 19:10 - Dec 2 by Glyn1

10% true - 90% false. Also an article that could be written in 5 minutes with no knowledge of the sport whatsoever, except a quick look at Bradley's wiki page and a Siggi quote cut and pasted from somewhere else. On second thoughts make that 3 minutes.

Yes, European managers (and South American managers) would have got an easier ride, and Bradley isn't a know-nothing, having been in the business for 40 years, but he still hasn't achieved anything at club level that would warrant him becoming a Premier League manager. All of us are supporting him, but having doubts isn't being anti-American.

It's a lazy article, written by someone with a weekly quota of articles to meet and zero knowledge of the game.

There have been several articles like this. I appreciate the patriotism, but what none of them seem to grasp is we wouldn't be happy with a British or European manager that had spent the best part of 30 years plodding around the MLS, Norway and the French second division. Likewise, we would be more than happy with an American manager who had been in charge of Juventus or Bayern Munich.

Much easier to just play the Swansea/British football is anti-American card though.
Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 19:51 - Dec 2 with 828 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 19:10 - Dec 2 by Glyn1

I'm not about to defend that half-assed article, but it's not true that all of us are supporting him.

In fact some are hoping Spurs destroy us tomorrow.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/183687/bob-nearly-got-sa

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 19:53 - Dec 2 with 822 viewscimlajack

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 19:26 - Dec 2 by jack247

There have been several articles like this. I appreciate the patriotism, but what none of them seem to grasp is we wouldn't be happy with a British or European manager that had spent the best part of 30 years plodding around the MLS, Norway and the French second division. Likewise, we would be more than happy with an American manager who had been in charge of Juventus or Bayern Munich.

Much easier to just play the Swansea/British football is anti-American card though.

This
Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 21:51 - Dec 2 with 755 viewsLeonWasGod

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 18:59 - Dec 2 by Murph75

Have you ever read anything he copies and pastes on here? I know I can't bring myself to do so.

Dav? I've looked at his stats, daren't this season though if he still does them
Login to get fewer ads

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 21:54 - Dec 2 with 750 viewsLeonWasGod

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 19:26 - Dec 2 by jack247

The whole of the media is like this. Beeb is the worse. Dopey cunits Shearer or Savage say something on MOTD and it's a story on their homepage the next day.

RIP proper journalism.
Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 01:46 - Dec 3 with 663 viewsGowerjack

Occasionally,no make that often supercilious

adjective: supercilious
behaving or looking as though one thinks one is superior to others.

synonyms:

arrogant, haughty, conceited, disdainful, overbearing, pompous, condescending, superior, patronizing, imperious, proud, lofty, lordly, snobbish, snobby, overweening, smug
pretentious, affected;
scornful, mocking, sneering, scoffing;
hoity-toity, high and mighty, uppity, snooty, stuck-up, fancy-pants, toffee-nosed, snotty, jumped up, too big for one's boots

antonyms: humble, modest

But even so a one of the very best posters on this site.
Just be thankful you're not living in his country.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 1:55]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 03:47 - Dec 3 with 636 viewsDavillin

Their parent is The Huffington Post, a very un-objective "news" site. Often repeats the latest craze -- "fake news stories."

Some like it.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 3:58]

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 03:50 - Dec 3 with 635 viewsDavillin

You might try one or two. i post items that I think will please, amuse, or inform. I have no idea why one would not be able to bring himself to read them.

I certainly do not hold it against anyone who feels as you do.

Huffingpost Sports is as bad as their parent. on 04:30 - Dec 3 with 619 viewsrandomperson

Completely agree Huffington Post is garbage. But also consider it is a blog. They don't product content. They blog, have guest bloggers, and buy content from content providers. Nothing but 1 idiots' opinion.

Think this read. from an actual news source, is a bit better from the other month:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/sports/soccer/manchester-united-swansea-bob-br
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024