Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Sam? 17:18 - Dec 3 with 3879 viewsmagicdaps10

Really!?!

I can see the sense but for me it is a big no.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Big Sam? on 23:27 - Dec 3 with 1462 viewsLoyal

There is absolutely no way the club would employ anyone with an opinion, least of all someone who would snap Huws head backwards if he started shit.

As it stands, as we know, it's Bobby.
Unless the man has any fibre and stands down.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Big Sam? on 23:40 - Dec 3 with 1441 viewsRancid

Big Sam? on 23:27 - Dec 3 by Loyal

There is absolutely no way the club would employ anyone with an opinion, least of all someone who would snap Huws head backwards if he started shit.

As it stands, as we know, it's Bobby.
Unless the man has any fibre and stands down.

I'd agree if we were being run by the old board.Employing Bradley suggests Huw Jenkins is no longer calling the shots and the Yanks are.Huw will be gone from Swansea City completely before too long I'd imagine.
Big Sam? on 23:43 - Dec 3 with 1426 viewsLoyal

Big Sam? on 23:40 - Dec 3 by Rancid

I'd agree if we were being run by the old board.Employing Bradley suggests Huw Jenkins is no longer calling the shots and the Yanks are.Huw will be gone from Swansea City completely before too long I'd imagine.

I'm not sure the yanks have any invested money to protect, they have made their cash back from the sums I see, nothing to lose. Anything else now is Barbados money, Huw is taking the shit, why would they care ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Big Sam? on 23:46 - Dec 3 with 1419 viewsSwanjaxs

Posted a similar thread about 6 weeks ago saying Big Sam was our only (and best) option.... Ran to about four pages and was probably 70/30 in disagreement.... wonder how many of the nay sayers would welcome Big S with open arms now??

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Big Sam? on 23:57 - Dec 3 with 1389 viewsRancid

Big Sam? on 23:43 - Dec 3 by Loyal

I'm not sure the yanks have any invested money to protect, they have made their cash back from the sums I see, nothing to lose. Anything else now is Barbados money, Huw is taking the shit, why would they care ?

I'm probably being naive and living in hope that the Yanks actually care and want to make money from us being successful instead of parachute payments and asset stripping.Admittedly, It does look like I'm living in a dreamworld thinking like that but I still don't think Huw Jenkins would have employed Bob Bradley had he not brought on board the Yanks so Huw and his past 'issues' with strong minded previous managers would be put to one side and employing someone like an awkward Pearson wouldn't be out of the question now.
Big Sam? on 00:17 - Dec 4 with 1360 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Big Sam? on 23:24 - Dec 3 by centrestandswan

some interesting articles on that web site, cheers for that.Bookmarked.

This bit made me chuckle:

There is just nothing funny about him. Even his otherwise hilarious £6 Mr Topper haircut seems to glower at you and say: "Just keep walking." And it's Nigel Pearson, so you do.

Anyway, before we continue, what do we know? Pearson spent his playing days as an archetypal knucklehead centre-half, most notably for Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough, before entering coaching, finding work as henchman for a series of absolutely-zero-f$cking-nonsense English managers in Gary Megson, Bryan Robson, Stuart Pearce and Sam Allardyce. It's not exactly a background that screams "Louche football sophisticate!" but then by the standards of some of these peers, Pearson is practically cerebral. He reads the Guardian. He enjoys doing crosswords. Rather than golfing jollies to Spain, he books himself on solitary walking holidays to the Carpathian mountains. It was during one such trip to Romania that he was, famously, attacked by a pack of wild dogs and had to fight them off by backing himself into a corner and blinding them, one by one, with his walking poles. Short of Colin Cooper driving a stake through the heart of an actual vampire, it's hard to imagine a more Gothic tableau involving a former Boro defender. "I can take care of myself, don't you worry," he announced after the McArthur incident. "I got a bit scared to be honest," was McArthur's own take. There's part of you that suspects Pearson was secretly delighted to be attacked by a pack of wild dogs. There's part of you that suspects he went on holiday with that express intention.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Big Sam? on 00:49 - Dec 4 with 1324 viewsLeonWasGod

Big Sam? on 17:48 - Dec 3 by Dyfnant

Yup, sh1t football's digestible when you win

Not for me it isn't. I very nearly jscked in the ST under Monk. Feckin awful to watch.
Big Sam? on 06:52 - Dec 4 with 1282 viewsjack247

Big Sam? on 00:49 - Dec 4 by LeonWasGod

Not for me it isn't. I very nearly jscked in the ST under Monk. Feckin awful to watch.

You must be pretty close now then?
Login to get fewer ads

Big Sam? on 09:04 - Dec 4 with 1254 viewsDewi1jack

Big Sam? on 06:52 - Dec 4 by jack247

Truthfully IMHO, there's more and more people becoming apathetic to our situation as far as Boob being manager, our position and non existent playing style.
Sort of the players aren't fukin interested, why TF should we be?
Yet we'll still spend our hard earned cash, renew Seasies etc following the Swans home and away.
Why?
Because a lot of us really are Swansea 'till we die and not just saying it because we've trousered quite a few million.
More than likely between us, that's what we've spent at least, going home and away over the years!

So who are we to consider Pearson mentally unstable?
Someone in the mould of him, Fat Sam, Warnock, Pulis etc would at least get our boys fighting back or at least trying ffs.
I'd even consider bringing in that useless thug Barton to help on the pitch. And he's definitely a red card waiting to happen
God help our boys if they didn't try then mind!

I'm really getting p1ssed off with us going out without even a whimper.
Our club used to fight like f**k for promotion or against relegation. We mostly had adequate players but at least they tried their best.
And that's all any of us want

I think there'll be a real backlash from the fans soon against all the priks now running the club into the ground.
Not expecting any support from our PL customers, who'll be back in the pub next season watching their beloved Utd/ Liverpool/ Everton etc etc on the telebox.

Sorry ladies and gents.
Rant over

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Big Sam? on 09:17 - Dec 4 with 1239 views34dfgdf54

It's doing my head in people continually going on about Sam's anti Swansea football. That went the day Jenkins took the cheap option and took on Garry Monk.

That part of our history is over, move on.
Big Sam? on 10:13 - Dec 4 with 1204 viewsjack247

Big Sam? on 09:04 - Dec 4 by Dewi1jack

Truthfully IMHO, there's more and more people becoming apathetic to our situation as far as Boob being manager, our position and non existent playing style.
Sort of the players aren't fukin interested, why TF should we be?
Yet we'll still spend our hard earned cash, renew Seasies etc following the Swans home and away.
Why?
Because a lot of us really are Swansea 'till we die and not just saying it because we've trousered quite a few million.
More than likely between us, that's what we've spent at least, going home and away over the years!

So who are we to consider Pearson mentally unstable?
Someone in the mould of him, Fat Sam, Warnock, Pulis etc would at least get our boys fighting back or at least trying ffs.
I'd even consider bringing in that useless thug Barton to help on the pitch. And he's definitely a red card waiting to happen
God help our boys if they didn't try then mind!

I'm really getting p1ssed off with us going out without even a whimper.
Our club used to fight like f**k for promotion or against relegation. We mostly had adequate players but at least they tried their best.
And that's all any of us want

I think there'll be a real backlash from the fans soon against all the priks now running the club into the ground.
Not expecting any support from our PL customers, who'll be back in the pub next season watching their beloved Utd/ Liverpool/ Everton etc etc on the telebox.

Sorry ladies and gents.
Rant over

I'd be morethan happy with Pearson at his moment in time. We are crying out for the sort of manager we would have scoffed at a couple of years ago.
Big Sam? on 19:55 - Dec 4 with 1150 viewsDJack

Big Sam? on 22:25 - Dec 3 by NeiltheTaylor

You just don't understand the module

Sorry NtT, I've only just seen your reply...I"m in a bar and PMSL, thanks mate. Things are shit at the mo and we all need a laugh.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Big Sam? on 20:20 - Dec 4 with 1127 viewsymaohyd

It's all opinion and i'm usually wrong, a few things though.

This bull about big Sam being some kind of dinosaur in the footballing world. He's a superb manager, deemed good enough to be appointed by the FA so how the fu ck Swansea City fans would take some kind of moral high ground is beyond me.

When he started out in management he was years before his time in terms of the sports science implications in football.

I hate saying it but amongst the many reasons why we are in the position we are in is the partnership between Garry Monk and the board and whatever the hell was going on behind the scenes has a lot to answer for.

Once we lost our footballing identity the game was up. We've gone from a team for whom keeping possession was 9 tenths of the law, with players brought in with the skills to play in that way to a recruitment policy now that doesn't seem to have any kind of cohesion and the start of that was under Garry Monk.

Was Monk right or wrong to tweak things, thinking that we had to evolve? It was the start though of our footballing identity being diluted, resulting in the shambles that we are witnessing at the moment.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Big Sam? on 20:24 - Dec 4 with 1119 viewspencoedjack

Big Sam? on 20:20 - Dec 4 by ymaohyd

This bull about big Sam being some kind of dinosaur in the footballing world. He's a superb manager, deemed good enough to be appointed by the FA so how the fu ck Swansea City fans would take some kind of moral high ground is beyond me.

When he started out in management he was years before his time in terms of the sports science implications in football.

I hate saying it but amongst the many reasons why we are in the position we are in is the partnership between Garry Monk and the board and whatever the hell was going on behind the scenes has a lot to answer for.

Once we lost our footballing identity the game was up. We've gone from a team for whom keeping possession was 9 tenths of the law, with players brought in with the skills to play in that way to a recruitment policy now that doesn't seem to have any kind of cohesion and the start of that was under Garry Monk.

Was Monk right or wrong to tweak things, thinking that we had to evolve? It was the start though of our footballing identity being diluted, resulting in the shambles that we are witnessing at the moment.

Personally think your opinions are amongst the most level headed on PS

Which continues with what you say about Big Sam 👍
Big Sam? on 21:26 - Dec 4 with 1089 viewsjack247

Big Sam? on 20:20 - Dec 4 by ymaohyd

Plus, as others have said, we play dour, negative football anyway. It's not going to be any worse to watch under an Allardyce type. May as well do it with a bit of cohesion and pick a few points up here and there.
Big Sam? on 21:56 - Dec 4 with 925 viewsRancid

Big Sam? on 09:17 - Dec 4 by 34dfgdf54

It's doing my head in people continually going on about Sam's anti Swansea football. That went the day Jenkins took the cheap option and took on Garry Monk.

That part of our history is over, move on.

How odd was it that of all people, it was Garry Monk who took away our characteristics and identity more than anyone.We'd started to drift under Laudrup towards the end of his time here and appointing Monk to replace him was exactly what we needed, or so we thought.Since then we've drifted further and further away from the one unique thing that made us different from the rest.As of now we're neither a footballing team, a hoofball team or a team who knows what it is.

Watching us passing it around the park for fun, not really getting anywhere but keeping posession and having sides chasing shadows all afternoon.It's so much easier to defend when it's you who's got the ball and you're comfortable enough with it to just pass back and fore to your goalie or right back and some more.Eventually we'd see an opening whether it be a long ball from Ash over the top to Dyer or De Guzman putting Michu or Bony clean through and that is what we did.Slow patient build up and then Bang!.At this moment in time we can't string 6 passes together before giving away posession and constantly on the back foot defending.Maybe we don't have the quality to do what we once did now but where did it all go wrong and why Monk of all people?Apologies for waffling on but yesterday was rock bottom time for me.
Big Sam? on 22:49 - Dec 4 with 870 viewsswan65split

Big Sam? on 21:56 - Dec 4 by Rancid

How odd was it that of all people, it was Garry Monk who took away our characteristics and identity more than anyone.We'd started to drift under Laudrup towards the end of his time here and appointing Monk to replace him was exactly what we needed, or so we thought.Since then we've drifted further and further away from the one unique thing that made us different from the rest.As of now we're neither a footballing team, a hoofball team or a team who knows what it is.

Watching us passing it around the park for fun, not really getting anywhere but keeping posession and having sides chasing shadows all afternoon.It's so much easier to defend when it's you who's got the ball and you're comfortable enough with it to just pass back and fore to your goalie or right back and some more.Eventually we'd see an opening whether it be a long ball from Ash over the top to Dyer or De Guzman putting Michu or Bony clean through and that is what we did.Slow patient build up and then Bang!.At this moment in time we can't string 6 passes together before giving away posession and constantly on the back foot defending.Maybe we don't have the quality to do what we once did now but where did it all go wrong and why Monk of all people?Apologies for waffling on but yesterday was rock bottom time for me.

What he says
Big Sam? on 08:10 - Dec 5 with 795 viewsmissingmel

Hes got my vote. Anything is better than clueless Bob. 14 goals conceded in 4 games. Not good enough! he must go now!
Big Sam? on 08:23 - Dec 5 with 779 viewsjackal

Whatever he's done we need someone who's got a chance of keeping us up.

Anti-Swansea football? Have you seen what we're playing at the moment?
Big Sam? on 09:31 - Dec 5 with 738 views34dfgdf54

Big Sam? on 21:56 - Dec 4 by Rancid

See Blackburn away, Leroy Fer goal, first season in Premier League.

We actually lost that game, but the football was top quality.
Big Sam? on 20:08 - Dec 6 with 650 viewsRancid

Big Sam? on 09:31 - Dec 5 by 34dfgdf54

See Blackburn away, Leroy Fer goal, first season in Premier League.

We actually lost that game, but the football was top quality.

The football we played back then was always good with us, even in defeat.It was usually as a result of us hell bent on keeping hold of the ball even if it meant passing to someone who was 2 yards away and then getting it straight back again.We frustrated teams and fans by our stubborness to let them have the ball at all.Fulham away was one of my favourite performances.I think Gylffi scored when he was on loan and Danny Graham might have had the other.We were fantastic that day.

That goal you mention was Leroy Lita and it was shown on MOTD in the analysis and they all purred over it.35 passes or something before Lita rose like a salmon to head it in.We've far better individual players here now as to back then, yet light years away from it's overall quality.
Big Sam? on 23:22 - Dec 6 with 557 viewsLeonWasGod

Big Sam? on 06:52 - Dec 4 by jack247

Maybe I'm getting more accustomed to us being poor, but I remember being more bored under Garry at times. Of course, a rubbish memory and the occasional pint could have a lot to do with it.

I thought I was fed up, but I've done more away games this season than last already. And I'm having problems making the game on Saturday and it's pissing me off. So nope, I'm up for it still.
Big Sam? on 13:13 - Dec 7 with 463 viewsTrundle10

Big Sam? on 17:54 - Dec 3 by PozuelosSideys

Look at the players we have. We lack quality and we have minimal technical competence. Forget about pretty stuff. We have a team of cloggers. Fat Sam is ideal. Anyone else will be trying to make silk purses out of pigs ears.

i am not having this crap players stuff either. Not saying they are the best squad in the premier but a decent manager should be comfortably mid table with our squad playing to its strengths.
Big Sam? on 16:12 - Dec 7 with 432 viewsThornburyswan

Big Sam? on 13:13 - Dec 7 by Trundle10

i am not having this crap players stuff either. Not saying they are the best squad in the premier but a decent manager should be comfortably mid table with our squad playing to its strengths.

Tend to agree with you but with one proviso in that we need a leader/organiser at the back - losing Ash @ almost 32 for £12M made some financial sense but zero man-management sense, Ash had spent the last 6 years organising/chopsing if you prefer at all those around him, including the ref & whichever assistant was running the line in Ash's half of the pitch - got a tad 'Billy big bollox' at times & loved himself plenty but he was good at what he did & those around him responded - whether that was out of respect or fear I'm not sure but it worked.

We have no one to do that now & it shows every sodding week!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024