Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes 21:08 - Dec 3 with 1858 viewswaynekerr55

Had a call today as they have got my bike ready. They offered to put puncture prevention stuff in for 12 quid

Is it worth it?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 21:31 - Dec 3 with 1828 viewsjack2jack

£12 price seems a bit inflated to me
Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 21:32 - Dec 3 with 1825 viewsGowerjack

A new winter coat & shoes for the wife

Or a bicycle on the boy's birthday....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 21:35 - Dec 3 with 1821 viewsJackfath

No.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 21:42 - Dec 3 with 1815 viewswaynekerr55

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 21:35 - Dec 3 by Jackfath

No.

Tell me more. Someone has said yes, you've said no.

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 21:51 - Dec 3 with 1794 viewsNogginthenog

It's only worth it if you get a puncture.
Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 22:10 - Dec 3 with 1764 viewsbiggar

Are they talking about putting slime inside? Can be useful in winter if doing decent mileage. The extra weight will slow you down very slightly but if you're not racing then maybe that's not an issue??
Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 22:25 - Dec 3 with 1753 viewsDyfnant

Get concrete put inside them, never have a puncture again

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 22:31 - Dec 3 with 1742 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 21:51 - Dec 3 by Nogginthenog

My mind just exploded

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Login to get fewer ads

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 22:37 - Dec 3 with 1734 viewswaynekerr55

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 22:10 - Dec 3 by biggar

Are they talking about putting slime inside? Can be useful in winter if doing decent mileage. The extra weight will slow you down very slightly but if you're not racing then maybe that's not an issue??

Yeah, not a problem as im only going to be doing to and from the station.👍👍

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 00:14 - Dec 4 with 1691 viewsrob

No.
Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 10:04 - Dec 4 with 1614 viewsBanosswan

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 22:37 - Dec 3 by waynekerr55

Yeah, not a problem as im only going to be doing to and from the station.👍👍

A tube of slime will cost you half that online and takes five minutes to do.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 11:57 - Dec 4 with 1567 viewsPacemaker

How many miles are doing on what type of terrain, what type of bike is it!

I do about 200 miles a week commuting and a weekend social tide on main roads on a road bike with Continental Gatorskin tyres and over the last three years I have had perhaps 2/3 punctures. I check my tyres every day for any foreign objects and ensure they are pumped to the right pressure.

I avoid cycle paths because they tend to be littered with glass etc. I have never bought or used Slime but I always carry two spare tubes and a set of tyre levers I can usually change a tube in under three minutes and get going again.....usually.

If you do not maintain the bike you will pick up problems. Loads of videos on YouTube showing how to change tyres and to check for foreign objects in tyre before putting in new tube.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 13:02 - Dec 4 with 1534 viewswaynekerr55

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 11:57 - Dec 4 by Pacemaker

How many miles are doing on what type of terrain, what type of bike is it!

I do about 200 miles a week commuting and a weekend social tide on main roads on a road bike with Continental Gatorskin tyres and over the last three years I have had perhaps 2/3 punctures. I check my tyres every day for any foreign objects and ensure they are pumped to the right pressure.

I avoid cycle paths because they tend to be littered with glass etc. I have never bought or used Slime but I always carry two spare tubes and a set of tyre levers I can usually change a tube in under three minutes and get going again.....usually.

If you do not maintain the bike you will pick up problems. Loads of videos on YouTube showing how to change tyres and to check for foreign objects in tyre before putting in new tube.

Hiya buddy - 6 to 8 miles Monday to Friday, mainly on road/pavement (the joys of catching trains from Watford Junction/soon to be Hitchin)

I'll look that up boss 👍

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 13:12 - Dec 4 with 1520 viewsperchrockjack

Punctures on bikes are a real pain.

I had one on the Wirral way when some nice cycling club people passed ,stopped and gave me a spare inner tube that fitted.

I was rather cross and making a scene of it all. Lady Perch gave me pelters for swearing in a public bridle way with kids riding horses nearby

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 13:58 - Dec 4 with 1493 viewsPacemaker

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 13:02 - Dec 4 by waynekerr55

Hiya buddy - 6 to 8 miles Monday to Friday, mainly on road/pavement (the joys of catching trains from Watford Junction/soon to be Hitchin)

I'll look that up boss 👍

As long as you don't hit kerbs head on and pinch the tube I would imagine you would be unlucky to pick up a puncture.

Make sure you have a decent proper lock if you are leaving it at station.

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 17:13 - Dec 4 with 1417 viewswaynekerr55

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 13:12 - Dec 4 by perchrockjack

Punctures on bikes are a real pain.

I had one on the Wirral way when some nice cycling club people passed ,stopped and gave me a spare inner tube that fitted.

I was rather cross and making a scene of it all. Lady Perch gave me pelters for swearing in a public bridle way with kids riding horses nearby

Did she give you a straight red?

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 17:27 - Dec 4 with 1408 viewsperchrockjack

Nah, a yellow as she came out without her purse

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 19:25 - Dec 4 with 1353 viewswaynekerr55

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 13:58 - Dec 4 by Pacemaker

As long as you don't hit kerbs head on and pinch the tube I would imagine you would be unlucky to pick up a puncture.

Make sure you have a decent proper lock if you are leaving it at station.

I've got for one of the steel locks - looks and feels pretty sturdy. The bike was only 100 quid, and given that parking is 31 quid a week it pretty much pays for itself.

The only fly in the ointment is the RMT and ASLEF industrial action. Looks like a good 20+ minute addition to my journeys, but such is life.

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 19:51 - Dec 4 with 1329 viewsperchrockjack

Hope you're supporting your working class brothers in their fight against the bosses

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 20:31 - Dec 4 with 1304 viewsPacemaker

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 19:25 - Dec 4 by waynekerr55

I've got for one of the steel locks - looks and feels pretty sturdy. The bike was only 100 quid, and given that parking is 31 quid a week it pretty much pays for itself.

The only fly in the ointment is the RMT and ASLEF industrial action. Looks like a good 20+ minute addition to my journeys, but such is life.

Get yourself the met office app. Your life will now be centred on how windy it is and in which direction is it blowing. You can guarantee it will always be blowing the wrong way.

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 22:02 - Dec 4 with 1259 viewswaynekerr55

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 20:31 - Dec 4 by Pacemaker

Get yourself the met office app. Your life will now be centred on how windy it is and in which direction is it blowing. You can guarantee it will always be blowing the wrong way.

I'm going to get a chain to go with the shackle - safety first

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 08:45 - Dec 5 with 1209 viewsPegojack

I use Schwalbe inner tubes and tyres (Schwalbe Marathon). They are the dog's nuts. I'm not saying you'll never get a puncture, but I haven't had one for two years using them.
Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 12:34 - Dec 5 with 1168 viewsLord_Bony

Halfords 'puncture prevention' for push bikes on 21:51 - Dec 3 by Nogginthenog

This

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024