Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is not a team 23:02 - Dec 3 with 3158 viewsHeadmaster

This is not a team, this is a bunch of individuals signed not by a manager, but by a chairman who thinks he knows football.

If we actually had players signed by a manager who knows what he wants from a squad, we would not be in this mess. Instead, it seems Huw has just picked players who he liked the look of, and hoped they would gel. Idiot.

And who is this head of recruitment, David Leadbeater? How long has he been in this position and how come he hasn't been sacked yet?
This is not a team on 23:06 - Dec 3 with 2530 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkirk speak very highly of our scouts... Just saying .... Ffs !

Beware of the Risen People

This is not a team on 08:46 - Dec 4 with 2377 viewswaynekerr55

I have a habit of repeating myself so I'll carry on doing it.

The Gonzo nosed cūnt thinks he's management material. I say stop being such a shîthouse cūnt, step out from behind the shadows and become the manager

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This is not a team on 13:20 - Dec 4 with 2173 viewsHeadmaster

This is not a team on 23:06 - Dec 3 by Kilkennyjack

Falkirk speak very highly of our scouts... Just saying .... Ffs !

Indeed. And who exactly are these scouts/recruitment people?

David Leadbetter, Tim Henderson, and George Foster according to WalesOnline. They were following Eder for 2 years before signing him. They should all be sacked for that alone.

Didn't the Americans say they were going to change the transfer set-up?
This is not a team on 13:34 - Dec 4 with 2139 viewsskippyjack

No matter what players we bring in January.. they will not adapt to this current shambles..

A team without a structure, a team lacking in ability, owners who are beyond contempt, and coaching staff who can't grasp the basics of football.. the Borja Baston left midfield role was astonishing stuff.

we're a team in need of basic football drills.. no team in the world should be conceding 9 goals in two games.. looking at our current backroom staff and players.. we haven't got the brains to get out of this conundrum.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is not a team on 13:38 - Dec 4 with 2127 views34dfgdf54

This is not a team on 08:46 - Dec 4 by waynekerr55

I have a habit of repeating myself so I'll carry on doing it.

The Gonzo nosed cūnt thinks he's management material. I say stop being such a shîthouse cūnt, step out from behind the shadows and become the manager

Don't forget that fat tw*t Dineen either, I know you dislike that bloke just as much as me.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2016 13:38]
This is not a team on 13:38 - Dec 4 with 2118 viewsperchrockjack

Hard to disagree skip but it is quite incredible how inept we ve become.

Do they have those training pods ? For rest? .

Frankly, they should be having daily coaching remedial sessions .

It's the basics that are letting us down.

This league is weak this year , in my opinion, so shows just how bad we are.

Owners must be shocked but have to act NOW

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is not a team on 20:42 - Dec 4 with 1973 viewsDJack

This is not a team on 13:34 - Dec 4 by skippyjack

No matter what players we bring in January.. they will not adapt to this current shambles..

A team without a structure, a team lacking in ability, owners who are beyond contempt, and coaching staff who can't grasp the basics of football.. the Borja Baston left midfield role was astonishing stuff.

we're a team in need of basic football drills.. no team in the world should be conceding 9 goals in two games.. looking at our current backroom staff and players.. we haven't got the brains to get out of this conundrum.

Skippy, your first paragraph may or may not turn out to be correct...but the rest is spot on.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

This is not a team on 20:56 - Dec 4 with 1929 viewsymaohyd

The original poster is absolutely spot on.

The margins of error in the prem are such that a 'Club' must be strong in every department.

When you have boardroom politics dominating headlines, those clubs generally are relegated.....Villa, Leeds, Blackburn, Portsmouth, many more and now add Swansea City.

Add to that, in terms of ourselves Huw Jenkins, who for the last few transfer windows has been a bit of a disaster , then the writing this season has very much been on the wall.

To highlight the importance of how important fine margins are, take Chelsea last season, first game against us, manager upsets the players with his treatment of the club doctor, next thing a team who won the league are down towards the bottom of the league.

Swansea City AFC now needs to break the mould and make dynamic decisions that may keep us up.

Carry on like a club, without leadership, ill feeling, a coach who sadly is out of his depth and we will be down by mid Jan.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

This is not a team on 21:33 - Dec 4 with 1879 viewsjack247

This is not a team on 13:34 - Dec 4 by skippyjack

That's a managerial issue. This squad may be weak, but it's no worse than some of the other relegation strugglers. What they have threat we don't, is drive, cohesion and a reasonably defined set of tactics.

We may not stay up regardless, but there are plenty of managers that could get us playing as a team again. Without that we have no chance
This is not a team on 22:44 - Dec 4 with 1806 viewsNogginthenog

I feel we are beyond redemption whatever happens, stand by for Championship but we have to rethink the whole thing or play the under 23s for the rest of the season.
This is not a team on 07:02 - Dec 5 with 1694 views1jack

This is not a team on 22:44 - Dec 4 by Nogginthenog

I feel we are beyond redemption whatever happens, stand by for Championship but we have to rethink the whole thing or play the under 23s for the rest of the season.

With the under 23's manager in charge.
This is not a team on 07:15 - Dec 5 with 1665 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is not a team on 20:56 - Dec 4 by ymaohyd

The original poster is absolutely spot on.

The margins of error in the prem are such that a 'Club' must be strong in every department.

When you have boardroom politics dominating headlines, those clubs generally are relegated.....Villa, Leeds, Blackburn, Portsmouth, many more and now add Swansea City.

Add to that, in terms of ourselves Huw Jenkins, who for the last few transfer windows has been a bit of a disaster , then the writing this season has very much been on the wall.

To highlight the importance of how important fine margins are, take Chelsea last season, first game against us, manager upsets the players with his treatment of the club doctor, next thing a team who won the league are down towards the bottom of the league.

Swansea City AFC now needs to break the mould and make dynamic decisions that may keep us up.

Carry on like a club, without leadership, ill feeling, a coach who sadly is out of his depth and we will be down by mid Jan.

Oh we used to be proper "left field" a few years back. Tempted one of Europe's all time great footballers to be our manager , who won us our first ever major trophy and had a decent crack at Europe too.

We used to get cheap players who turned into superstars . And they really WERE a team too.

Arguably in places the best football team EVER to wear the wonderful black and white of Swansea City. Not even arguably, definitely.

To all of those who lauded Jenkins for Laudrup's sacking which emboldened the f*cking idiot into thinking he was the equivalent of a manager - the chickens are now firmly home to roost.

And I'm f*cking devastated.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This is not a team on 08:48 - Dec 5 with 1596 views34dfgdf54

This is not a team on 07:15 - Dec 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh we used to be proper "left field" a few years back. Tempted one of Europe's all time great footballers to be our manager , who won us our first ever major trophy and had a decent crack at Europe too.

We used to get cheap players who turned into superstars . And they really WERE a team too.

Arguably in places the best football team EVER to wear the wonderful black and white of Swansea City. Not even arguably, definitely.

To all of those who lauded Jenkins for Laudrup's sacking which emboldened the f*cking idiot into thinking he was the equivalent of a manager - the chickens are now firmly home to roost.

As much as I admire what Laudrup did for us, I think we parted ways at the correct time, Europe had taking it's toll, the players needed a boost. I even didn't mind Garry Monk taking over for the remainder of the season, but to take him on permanently was a f*ck up made out of epic proportions, it was the cheap option and an option which allowed the board to have the say on every aspect in terms of player recruitment etc. I don't care about the season we came 8th, the writing was on the wall and there were even signs of it that season.

The Laudrup team were the best I have ever seen, no doubt about it.
This is not a team on 09:23 - Dec 5 with 1528 viewsperchrockjack

BUT ,it was becoming evident laudrup was losing interest.
That West Ham capitulation and his insouchiance afterwards was telling.

It WAS a good team

WAS.

Monk...agreed

Bottom line is monk s replacements have been worse.

It's down to the guy who employed them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is not a team on 09:39 - Dec 5 with 1501 viewsdeanscfc

The OP makes a good point regarding managers versus a chairman signing players, but I'm still not that comfirtable seeing our fans tear into a chairman who has also done so much for this club.

Yes, he needs to loosen the purse strings but that is more on the Americans now.
This is not a team on 10:27 - Dec 5 with 1441 viewsjack247

This is not a team on 07:15 - Dec 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Laudrup could have been a sensational manager for us, had he not lost interest (though he would have been poached by a bigger club if he carried on the way his first season went).

He quite possibly wouldn't have lost interest if we gave him the funds he wanted to take us to the next level. Many, including myself, thought Jenkins made the right call. That's not looking such a great decision now.

His sacking was absolutely correct as he was taking us down. It was far less black and white than sacking Bob would be now though.
This is not a team on 10:39 - Dec 5 with 1417 viewsjasper_T

This is not a team on 13:20 - Dec 4 by Headmaster

Indeed. And who exactly are these scouts/recruitment people?

David Leadbetter, Tim Henderson, and George Foster according to WalesOnline. They were following Eder for 2 years before signing him. They should all be sacked for that alone.

Didn't the Americans say they were going to change the transfer set-up?

John McMaster is our man in Scotland, looking for kids. He's tight with the Falkirk owner & manager.

Our senior scouting is done through agents, agencies and youtube.
This is not a team on 10:46 - Dec 5 with 1409 viewsjasper_T

I think the "Laudrup lost interest" idea is overstated. He was never one to care about every single kick, games that didn't matter in the big picture didn't worry him.

Once we'd won a trophy in the first season the rest didn't matter, which offended a lot of fans and players I suppose. He supported the idea of clubs paying other clubs to try harder in meaningless fixtures (because he didn't see the point of trying otherwise).

In terms of excuses for that second season he has some decent ones, it was an early start to a long season with a lot of new players, pretty small squad, injuries mounted (the Michu timebomb...) etc.

Look at Leicester this season. It's not easy adapting to a European calendar. Guess we don't need to worry about that happening again.
This is not a team on 10:55 - Dec 5 with 1390 viewsjack247

This is not a team on 10:46 - Dec 5 by jasper_T

I think the "Laudrup lost interest" idea is overstated. He was never one to care about every single kick, games that didn't matter in the big picture didn't worry him.

Once we'd won a trophy in the first season the rest didn't matter, which offended a lot of fans and players I suppose. He supported the idea of clubs paying other clubs to try harder in meaningless fixtures (because he didn't see the point of trying otherwise).

In terms of excuses for that second season he has some decent ones, it was an early start to a long season with a lot of new players, pretty small squad, injuries mounted (the Michu timebomb...) etc.

Look at Leicester this season. It's not easy adapting to a European calendar. Guess we don't need to worry about that happening again.

He lost interest. He had a managerial career of either falling out with owners or wanting to move on before he came to us. He was even up front that he wouldn't be sticking around long when he joined.

He was pretty apathetic in the second season. There weren't many games that didn't matter in the bigger picture towards the end of his reign.

I think the success of the first season and the Europa campaign fired him up a bit and he signed a year extension. Possibly he would have been more committed had Jenkins given him the players he needed to push on in the league and manage a campaign in Europe
This is not a team on 10:57 - Dec 5 with 1385 viewsskippyjack

This is not a team on 10:55 - Dec 5 by jack247

He lost interest. He had a managerial career of either falling out with owners or wanting to move on before he came to us. He was even up front that he wouldn't be sticking around long when he joined.

He was pretty apathetic in the second season. There weren't many games that didn't matter in the bigger picture towards the end of his reign.

I think the success of the first season and the Europa campaign fired him up a bit and he signed a year extension. Possibly he would have been more committed had Jenkins given him the players he needed to push on in the league and manage a campaign in Europe

He was apathetic because Huw refused to bring in the players he wanted.. and look where that has got us...

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is not a team on 11:10 - Dec 5 with 1370 viewsjasper_T

This is not a team on 10:55 - Dec 5 by jack247

He had as much interest at the start as at the end imo. I don't think 2 or 3 big signings he wanted would have spurred him into genuine enthusiasm, he wasn't that way as a player, will never be that way as a manager.

He focused on the cups and on big, meaningful games. Sob stories out of the club were that players wanted to work like dogs in preparation for every game. Both approaches have their merits, particularly when not taken to extremes (one of the secret behind Leicester last season was less training... also "supplements").

Once we were out of Europe he might have kicked on for the relegation fight. Or he might not have, who knows now? He wasn't a blood and thunder battler, bollocking our players into being better footballers, which I hear is the way to go.
This is not a team on 11:39 - Dec 5 with 1345 viewsjack247

This is not a team on 10:57 - Dec 5 by skippyjack

He was apathetic because Huw refused to bring in the players he wanted.. and look where that has got us...

That's what my third paragraph said
This is not a team on 13:50 - Dec 5 with 1256 viewswaynekerr55

This is not a team on 09:23 - Dec 5 by perchrockjack

BUT ,it was becoming evident laudrup was losing interest.
That West Ham capitulation and his insouchiance afterwards was telling.

It WAS a good team

WAS.

Monk...agreed

Bottom line is monk s replacements have been worse.

It's down to the guy who employed them

The worrying thing of this is that 'the guy who employed them' is in no danger of losing his job, and the 'Merrycans wanted to bring Leigh 'LED' Dineen back onto the board. Now, if these two were cheap, then I could understand the logic. But they aren't cheap. Which begs the question - why???

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This is not a team on 14:02 - Dec 5 with 1234 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Laudrup was taking us down theory is most bizarre .
That team would never had gone down .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

This is not a team on 14:03 - Dec 5 with 1233 viewsjasper_T

This is not a team on 14:02 - Dec 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

The Laudrup was taking us down theory is most bizarre .
That team would never had gone down .

Would you say we were too good to go down?

Loudly and into the microphone, please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024