Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news for Tata workers 18:49 - Dec 7 with 1205 viewsraynor94

Looks like a deal will be struck, guaranteeing work for at least five years, with more investment, and two furnaces producing steel

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Good news for Tata workers on 18:54 - Dec 7 with 1199 viewsMurph75

Some good news indeed. Those poor buggars have been living in limbo for far too long.
Good news for Tata workers on 18:54 - Dec 7 with 1199 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

the cynic in me thinks they were just after the pension?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Good news for Tata workers on 18:57 - Dec 7 with 1190 viewsmax936

Deal with who Tata themselves? any links to the news Rayns

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Good news for Tata workers on 19:00 - Dec 7 with 1180 viewsRancid

They need to find out about how much it'll affect their pension (myself included) before they get the party poppers out because that's the compromise being offered.Still; great news and well done Tata for investing again and saving a town in the preocess.
Good news for Tata workers on 19:08 - Dec 7 with 1161 viewsmax936

Good news for Tata workers on 19:00 - Dec 7 by Rancid

They need to find out about how much it'll affect their pension (myself included) before they get the party poppers out because that's the compromise being offered.Still; great news and well done Tata for investing again and saving a town in the preocess.

It is Tata then good news indeed then, but yes there's probably been a deal struck on the pensions and maybe the 4 on 4 off working as well, they hated the 4 on 4 off 18days off arrangement, although they have changed it in some departments to 4 on 4 off with 12 days off now or somin like that anyway.

Good news for Tata workers on 19:19 - Dec 7 with 1146 viewsmax936

Here you go

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/uk-steel-jobs-safe-after-multinational-commi

Good news for Tata workers on 19:22 - Dec 7 with 1138 viewsRancid

Good news for Tata workers on 19:08 - Dec 7 by max936

It is Tata then good news indeed then, but yes there's probably been a deal struck on the pensions and maybe the 4 on 4 off working as well, they hated the 4 on 4 off 18days off arrangement, although they have changed it in some departments to 4 on 4 off with 12 days off now or somin like that anyway.

They've all got it too good in there Steve to be honest with the 4 on 4 off pattern and every 6 weeks 18 days off.Get them back on continental with 28 days holidays a year again.They'll still keep their jobs but it's a compromise they'll have to take.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 19:26]
Good news for Tata workers on 19:42 - Dec 7 with 1102 viewsmax936

Good news for Tata workers on 19:22 - Dec 7 by Rancid

They've all got it too good in there Steve to be honest with the 4 on 4 off pattern and every 6 weeks 18 days off.Get them back on continental with 28 days holidays a year again.They'll still keep their jobs but it's a compromise they'll have to take.

One of me old work mates phoned me yday and said that loads of Admin staff have gone, bout time as well in my opinion on another note the amount of meetings they have there or did when I was there was incredible, some days people would come out of one meeting and go straight into another meeting you surely don't need that amount of meetings, jobs being held up because of people in meetings and waiting and waiting for permits to get work done, I can't see any sense in it all myself.

Login to get fewer ads

Good news for Tata workers on 19:49 - Dec 7 with 1087 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Good news for Tata workers on 19:00 - Dec 7 by Rancid

This, plus probable re-negotiation of "ant-social" hour rates, ie none.
Not as good a deal as it sounds on the news.
Good news for Tata workers on 20:09 - Dec 7 with 1053 viewsjack2jack

Don't know all the details,but on the face of it seems like good news,hope it works out for all those involved/affected.
Good news for Tata workers on 20:09 - Dec 7 with 1053 viewsraynor94

Good news for Tata workers on 19:49 - Dec 7 by A_Fans_Dad

This, plus probable re-negotiation of "ant-social" hour rates, ie none.
Not as good a deal as it sounds on the news.

It's a deal that keeps full employment, got to be good deal

Good news for Tata workers on 20:19 - Dec 7 with 1040 viewsmax936

Good news for Tata workers on 20:09 - Dec 7 by raynor94

It's a deal that keeps full employment, got to be good deal

That's true, but it'll never be like it was before I expect, then again its surprising that it lasted as long as it did, you got out at the right time

Good news for Tata workers on 21:50 - Dec 7 with 958 viewsraynor94

Good news for Tata workers on 20:19 - Dec 7 by max936

That's true, but it'll never be like it was before I expect, then again its surprising that it lasted as long as it did, you got out at the right time

I go down on bended knee every night Max

Good news for Tata workers on 23:13 - Dec 7 with 909 viewsmax936

Good news for Tata workers on 21:50 - Dec 7 by raynor94

I go down on bended knee every night Max

I bet, say one for me, I left back in June, been in there 12yrs with a contractor, probably the best day in June I've ever had

Good news for Tata workers on 09:15 - Dec 8 with 851 viewsLeonWasGod

Good news for Tata workers on 18:54 - Dec 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Certainly seems that way.
Good news for Tata workers on 19:49 - Dec 8 with 807 viewsTaffvalerowdy

Good news for Tata workers on 18:54 - Dec 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

The questions that the Press should have asked are

"Once the existing Pension Scheme is closed to future accrual, what will happen to it?"

"Will Tata honour it's obligations to fund it properly?"
Good news for Tata workers on 20:12 - Dec 8 with 791 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Good news for Tata workers on 19:49 - Dec 8 by Taffvalerowdy

The questions that the Press should have asked are

"Once the existing Pension Scheme is closed to future accrual, what will happen to it?"

"Will Tata honour it's obligations to fund it properly?"

I think that will happen , they normally just close it and it will hopefully look after itself .

It happened to me , final salary got closed to new employees ,then when enough of new employees were employed on DB pension they gave us a sob story they couldn't afford the final salary any more ,half the work force wasn't on it so they wernt bothered and they got it through .

Earning a fortune -Capitalism eh

C@nts😄

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Good news for Tata workers on 20:40 - Dec 8 with 777 viewsgrampajack

Good news for Tata workers on 19:22 - Dec 7 by Rancid

serious misunderstanding about the 4 on 4 off etc. The pattern contains the same number of 'at work' hours i.e. 38 hrs per week or so but averaged out per year and sometimes over 2 or 3 or 5 years , with 'rest days', not holidays, depending on the pattern. It usually allows for 24/7 working with flexible numbers of crews.
The idea is that absences are covered from within the crew and not to involve other crews. You hear about the mad ones, who love to announce to anyone who will listen, that they are covering on their days off, sometimes telling you it's to cover a' sickie'.
Good news for Tata workers on 21:08 - Dec 8 with 762 viewsTaffvalerowdy

Good news for Tata workers on 20:12 - Dec 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

I think that will happen , they normally just close it and it will hopefully look after itself .

It happened to me , final salary got closed to new employees ,then when enough of new employees were employed on DB pension they gave us a sob story they couldn't afford the final salary any more ,half the work force wasn't on it so they wernt bothered and they got it through .

Earning a fortune -Capitalism eh

C@nts😄

Unfortunately, that is not their intention......
Good news for Tata workers on 22:30 - Dec 8 with 727 viewsDyfnant

Final salary pensions are far from being the best for everyone. The age at which people can draw a F.S pension, penalty free, often rises in line with the national pension age these days. Better value and flexibility with DB pensions for anyone that wants to retire at an age where you can still enjoy yourself

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024