Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff 10:27 - Dec 17 with 2267 viewsowainglyndwr

Its getting ridiculous now with all this money being thrown into Cardiff centre. The Assembly pushing to get all these companies / government or public sector services to sfill the centre.
No care in the world for the rest of Wales.
Cardiff on 10:33 - Dec 17 with 2257 viewsmonmouth

For the assembly, Wales is Cardiff. But for companies it is too, to be honest; transport links, infrastructure, attractiveness etc. That's why things like PL football is so important to us and why it was beyond criminal not to look at any potential investment in the club that was also linked to the city.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff on 10:44 - Dec 17 with 2235 viewsdickythorpe

Anglesey will become the new Cardiff....have you noticed how many times it's the leading item on BBC Wales Today?
Cardiff on 11:27 - Dec 17 with 2195 viewswestside

The transport expert bloke professor cole is another one part of the Cardiff establishment who continually says Cardiff should get fortunes for transport projects like metro, m4, etc while Swansea should just have a few buses and shouldn't get any big investment.

Cardiff central is having an extra platform in January and there's also plans for a Cardiff parkway station in st.mellons but still nothing for landore.
Cardiff on 11:57 - Dec 17 with 2160 viewsowainglyndwr

And Edwina Hart is a Swansea woman they will sell their souls. For a gold coin
Cardiff on 12:12 - Dec 17 with 2141 viewsPrivate_Partz

I urge all those with an interest to follow this blogger below

http://jacothenorth.net/blog/

His politics do not match mine and he even does the odd bit of Left Wing Lovie fun poking which should suit Loh. ;-)

It gives a viewpoint that won't be touched by the Cardiff media. Apprently they and Welsh Labour are getting well jittery with this guy.
Just skip past the nice poem and scroll down through his blogs. Pick up on the links. Cardiff Bay of Corruption / Nicholas Edwards / Associated British Ports is a well interesting one.

Thanks to Johnlangy for pointing me in this direction.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2016 12:13]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff on 12:14 - Dec 17 with 2132 viewsbritferry

That city is pure class

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Cardiff on 17:11 - Dec 17 with 2031 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff on 12:12 - Dec 17 by Private_Partz

I urge all those with an interest to follow this blogger below

http://jacothenorth.net/blog/

His politics do not match mine and he even does the odd bit of Left Wing Lovie fun poking which should suit Loh. ;-)

It gives a viewpoint that won't be touched by the Cardiff media. Apprently they and Welsh Labour are getting well jittery with this guy.
Just skip past the nice poem and scroll down through his blogs. Pick up on the links. Cardiff Bay of Corruption / Nicholas Edwards / Associated British Ports is a well interesting one.

Thanks to Johnlangy for pointing me in this direction.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2016 12:13]

Very glad to help. This is the first draft of a letter i'm sending to the EP in response to last night's BBC news.

What is the point of Swansea Council ? Apart from talk what do they actually do ?

On the BBC news I just watched a report on the proposed Cardiff City Deal worth £1.2 billion to the economy of the South East. The talk was of ‘regeneration’. Over the last two decades’ since the WAG has existed billions have already been invested specifically in Cardiff. And, currently, there are a number developments happening each worth hundreds of millions with numerous others in the pipeline. And yet Cardiff needs regeneration !

Meanwhile, in a different universe, what is happening in Swansea ? The last time there was substantial investment in the City Centre was the build of the Quadrant. That’s almost 40 years ago. I won’t mention the St Davids Centre because that was a dump when built and a complete waste of money. The Council are currently ‘talking’ again about another set of plans while the Cardiff skyline is covered with cranes.

What are our pathetically limp wristed Council doing about it ? Nothing is the answer. This is the biggest selling newspaper in Wales and the front pages should be emblazoned regularly with headlines from the Council highlighting and complaining about the blatant unfairness of WAG investment policies in Wales. But they do nothing.

And why do they do nothing. Is it because they are part and parcel of the same party ? Are they looking for ‘promotion’ to the WAG itself ?

Nothing will happen in Swansea until the Labour council is kicked out of office and Wales itself will continue to lose out to the Cardiff City State while the WAG continues to be Labour run.

It'll probably be a bit different when sent but you get the drift.
Cardiff on 17:27 - Dec 17 with 1983 viewsRevJames

There are 60 Assembly Members covering ALL of Wales.

Labour has the majority

I doubt very much those representing Cardiff will have the only say where the money is spent.

Forget the PL. That ship has sailed.

Swansea needs a decent shopping centre with marquee retailers like John Lewis. Visit Swansea Bay do a good job in promoting Swansea but heaven knows what people think when they have to drive through the city or arrive by train and end up on High St

Smarten the place up would be a good start
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff on 17:37 - Dec 17 with 1959 viewsSwanjack10

Cardiff on 17:27 - Dec 17 by RevJames

Labour has the majority

I doubt very much those representing Cardiff will have the only say where the money is spent.

Swansea needs a decent shopping centre with marquee retailers like John Lewis. Visit Swansea Bay do a good job in promoting Swansea but heaven knows what people think when they have to drive through the city or arrive by train and end up on High St

Your a giant ccfc supporter anyway you c#nt.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Cardiff on 17:40 - Dec 17 with 1944 viewsJack_Kass

Forget about Cardiff

The other day I went past Newport for the first time in years, to say the station and surrounding area has been tarted up a little, would be an understatement.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Cardiff on 18:02 - Dec 17 with 1902 viewsRevJames

Cardiff on 17:37 - Dec 17 by Swanjack10

Your a giant ccfc supporter anyway you c#nt.

Cardiff on 18:19 - Dec 17 with 1865 viewsraynor94

Cardiff on 17:27 - Dec 17 by RevJames

Labour has the majority

But it's all the assembly's fault mun, seriously good post Rev

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff on 18:46 - Dec 17 with 1813 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff on 18:19 - Dec 17 by raynor94

But it's all the assembly's fault mun, seriously good post Rev

It's BOTH. God it's like talking to a parrot with you. ;-)
Welsh Labour rules in these waters and ALL their politicians toe the party line.
Before I am accused of being anti Labour I am actually a card holding member and support Corbyn but would never vote in a WAG election for this Cardiff centric disgrace of a party.
This wrecking of Wales transcends all party politics. Especially when the wrecking machine is fully supported by the Cardiff based and biased media.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff on 23:22 - Dec 17 with 1692 viewsraynor94

Cardiff on 18:46 - Dec 17 by Private_Partz

It's BOTH. God it's like talking to a parrot with you. ;-)
Welsh Labour rules in these waters and ALL their politicians toe the party line.
Before I am accused of being anti Labour I am actually a card holding member and support Corbyn but would never vote in a WAG election for this Cardiff centric disgrace of a party.
This wrecking of Wales transcends all party politics. Especially when the wrecking machine is fully supported by the Cardiff based and biased media.

So what did Julie James say when you tackled her about the Cardiff bias?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff on 10:53 - Dec 18 with 1582 viewsDr_Winston

The lack of private investment in Swansea is largely the council's fault. It was the same before the Welsh Assembly was even a glint in Rhodri Morgan's eye.

The decision to centralise HMRC and other government departments in Cardiff however was an act of vandalism carried out by central government, no doubt in full consultation with the Assembly. The last thing Cardiff needs is more well paid Government jobs. They should have been shared out elsewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff on 11:32 - Dec 18 with 1542 viewsLoyal

Cardiff on 11:57 - Dec 17 by owainglyndwr

And Edwina Hart is a Swansea woman they will sell their souls. For a gold coin

Nobody from Swansea would do that, never ever all day long.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cardiff on 14:59 - Dec 18 with 1444 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff on 23:22 - Dec 17 by raynor94

Well I didn't tackle her but Copper and John have tackled quite a few local politicians and they deny bias. Mike Hedges thinks you can travel easily from East to West in Swansea hence Cardiff should have all the transport infastructure investment.
I have tackled the Cardiff media on it and they deny bias as well.
I don't get your point unless you think we should believe them and not what is happening right in front of our very eyes. Unfortunately I get the impression that is exactly what you are thinking.

Cardiff on 15:07 - Dec 18 with 1435 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff on 10:53 - Dec 18 by Dr_Winston

The lack of private investment in Swansea is largely the council's fault. It was the same before the Welsh Assembly was even a glint in Rhodri Morgan's eye.

The decision to centralise HMRC and other government departments in Cardiff however was an act of vandalism carried out by central government, no doubt in full consultation with the Assembly. The last thing Cardiff needs is more well paid Government jobs. They should have been shared out elsewhere.

On jeez. It's down to both Doc :-)))))
I agree with all the rest.
The fact was our First Minister went cap in hand with the Leader of Cardiff Council to Westminster to ensure the HMRC HQ was in Cardiff.
That sort of support is what is lacking for the rest of Wales and why it is becoming a backwater.
To repeat myself..... The vast majority of politicians are inept. When the media, and those in charge of the Public purse, are hellbent on developing just their areas to the detriment of all else then they begin to look top notch at their job. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is just they have had a massive leg up.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 16:30]

Cardiff on 17:46 - Dec 18 with 1319 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff on 23:22 - Dec 17 by raynor94

I can't speak for PP but I can tell you that, when I 'tackled' Mike Hedges and Carolyn Harris about the bias they didn't seem to think there was anything wrong.

About infrastructure investment in Cardiff he argued it was needed because getting into Cardiff from the West (that's him trying to get to work poor dab) he had to be at junction 33 before 7.30 otherwise it was chaos. Whereas he had travelled across Swansea from Mumbles to ????? (can't remember where) in just 20 minutes so Swansea doesn't need similar investment.

He didn't seem to realise that, when he's sitting in a traffic jam trying to get to work, the reason for the traffic is because everyone's trying to get to all the jobs that have been centralised in Cardiff, or trying to get to the Mill Stad or Mill Centre or even a day trip visit our beloved Sennedd. And, because all those millions are drawn into Cardiff that's what has persuaded investors to develop a super, duper 21st century shopping centre because they know they'll make a profit. And that draws in more millions and, hey presto, we need more infrastructure investment in Cardiff.

And the reason he CAN drive across Swansea in 20 minutes is precisely because Swansea hasn't had that investment.

Dr_Winston refers to the HMRC jobs and uses the word vandalism. I think a new word needs inventing for that one because the stupidity reaches unheard of levels. Currently there are 2,100 HMRC jobs in Llanishen. They've stolen 350 jobs from Swansea, 350 from Wrexham plus some others and another 1000 new jobs are being created making a grand total of 3,500.

What do they do ? They don't expand the Llanishen site. They decide the thing to do is rent out a new building in the most expensive place in Wales for office space ie the centre of Cardiff. So, not only have they stolen all those jobs from places in Wales that need them far more they've lumbered us the taxpayer with an enormous bill for renting this brand new development which, of course, makes it well worthwhile the developer building it with guaranteed profits for decades to come from our taxes. And the only reason I can think of for doing this is to give Cardiff City Centre yet another huge financial boost. Which will, at the same time strengthn their arguments for more infrastructure investment.

Just imagine the boost that a development like that, the size of DVLA, would give Swansea City Centre. But no. If they'd done that there might be an argument for investment infrastructure in Swansea. Can't have that can we.
Cardiff on 18:14 - Dec 18 with 1287 viewsRevJames

Cardiff on 11:32 - Dec 18 by Loyal

Nobody from Swansea would do that, never ever all day long.

Wasn't she in charge of Transport at the Assembly until recently
Cardiff on 22:05 - Dec 18 with 1169 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff on 17:46 - Dec 18 by johnlangy

I can't speak for PP but I can tell you that, when I 'tackled' Mike Hedges and Carolyn Harris about the bias they didn't seem to think there was anything wrong.

About infrastructure investment in Cardiff he argued it was needed because getting into Cardiff from the West (that's him trying to get to work poor dab) he had to be at junction 33 before 7.30 otherwise it was chaos. Whereas he had travelled across Swansea from Mumbles to ????? (can't remember where) in just 20 minutes so Swansea doesn't need similar investment.

He didn't seem to realise that, when he's sitting in a traffic jam trying to get to work, the reason for the traffic is because everyone's trying to get to all the jobs that have been centralised in Cardiff, or trying to get to the Mill Stad or Mill Centre or even a day trip visit our beloved Sennedd. And, because all those millions are drawn into Cardiff that's what has persuaded investors to develop a super, duper 21st century shopping centre because they know they'll make a profit. And that draws in more millions and, hey presto, we need more infrastructure investment in Cardiff.

And the reason he CAN drive across Swansea in 20 minutes is precisely because Swansea hasn't had that investment.

Dr_Winston refers to the HMRC jobs and uses the word vandalism. I think a new word needs inventing for that one because the stupidity reaches unheard of levels. Currently there are 2,100 HMRC jobs in Llanishen. They've stolen 350 jobs from Swansea, 350 from Wrexham plus some others and another 1000 new jobs are being created making a grand total of 3,500.

What do they do ? They don't expand the Llanishen site. They decide the thing to do is rent out a new building in the most expensive place in Wales for office space ie the centre of Cardiff. So, not only have they stolen all those jobs from places in Wales that need them far more they've lumbered us the taxpayer with an enormous bill for renting this brand new development which, of course, makes it well worthwhile the developer building it with guaranteed profits for decades to come from our taxes. And the only reason I can think of for doing this is to give Cardiff City Centre yet another huge financial boost. Which will, at the same time strengthn their arguments for more infrastructure investment.

Just imagine the boost that a development like that, the size of DVLA, would give Swansea City Centre. But no. If they'd done that there might be an argument for investment infrastructure in Swansea. Can't have that can we.

Loads of great point there John. As for Mr Hedges well he does have a four lane road to get him out of Mumbles but I bet the delays he suffers are no more than those at the Brynglas tunnels. It really is not that bad. I have no doubt the centre of Cardiff is chockablock. Similar examples are in Swansea as a well though. Penderi Fawr interchange, Ynysforgan, Peniel Green Road, Gowerton, the farm track that is Gower Road to name but a few. All subject to massive delays. Then there is Margan flyover......
Never mind let's chuck a billion pound on a bypass, build Cardiff a metro and electrify the valley lines as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024