Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers......(non football kind) 11:11 - Dec 19 with 1230 viewswestwalesed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38359640

Complete at**holes in my opinion. Of course there is a time and place to go on strike, but the ONLY reason to do it over the Christmas period is to cause maximum havoc for the general public. So they are using the public in order to strengthen their negotiating position.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:18 - Dec 19 with 1222 viewsDDCH

Although James O'brien is so far left he has fallen off the stage, he makes a good point on this occasion

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-link-southern-st

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:22 - Dec 19 with 1211 viewsPegojack

People only strike as a last resort, because it hurts them financially, apart from anything else. They also have to hold a democratic vote in favour of strike action.

Of course they use all possible tactics to win the dispute, including timing. What do you think it is, a game of cricket on the village green?

Instead of attacking workers trying to defend their jobs, pensions and our services, why don't you examine the role of the directors of these companies - how much are they paid, how are they running the companies, what are they trying to achieve and for whom?
Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:32 - Dec 19 with 1199 viewswestwalesed

Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:22 - Dec 19 by Pegojack

People only strike as a last resort, because it hurts them financially, apart from anything else. They also have to hold a democratic vote in favour of strike action.

Of course they use all possible tactics to win the dispute, including timing. What do you think it is, a game of cricket on the village green?

Instead of attacking workers trying to defend their jobs, pensions and our services, why don't you examine the role of the directors of these companies - how much are they paid, how are they running the companies, what are they trying to achieve and for whom?

I fully support the right to go on strike but yes, frankly, it should be like a "game of cricket on the village green" in the sense that it should be done with the minimum level of stress to the general public. Keep the "game" in house between strikers and the bosses. If the game of cricket was being played in the middle of the high street, thus causing everyone else difficulties, how is that fair? Why should they be caught up in the middle of it?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:55 - Dec 19 with 1177 viewsPegojack

Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:32 - Dec 19 by westwalesed

I fully support the right to go on strike but yes, frankly, it should be like a "game of cricket on the village green" in the sense that it should be done with the minimum level of stress to the general public. Keep the "game" in house between strikers and the bosses. If the game of cricket was being played in the middle of the high street, thus causing everyone else difficulties, how is that fair? Why should they be caught up in the middle of it?

Sadly, my friend, that's the only way to play the game.

Bosses p*ss off the workers to the point that the workers go on strike, the workers p*ss off the public, the public get p*ssed off and pressure the politicians, the politicians pressure the bosses to resolve it.

Welcome to UK industrial relations in the 21st century.
Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:59 - Dec 19 with 1168 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The state of this country , the way it's being run , austerity while corporations make billions & parliament all have a 10% pay rise .

There should be a national strike

It needs to happen

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:32 - Dec 19 with 1080 viewsNogginthenog

Removing the right to strike would be another disaster and pave the way for return to the workhouse. This nation needs to learn that the distribution of wealth is completely out of kilter. Sharing profits with the worker should be an absolute must but it will never happen. Especially with the Tories in charge, Tommy is correct, time to stand up and be counted.
Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:40 - Dec 19 with 1065 viewsLohengrin

Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:59 - Dec 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

The state of this country , the way it's being run , austerity while corporations make billions & parliament all have a 10% pay rise .

There should be a national strike

It needs to happen

The purpose of a General Strike would be to bring down the government. What then?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Strikers......(non football kind) (n/t) on 16:43 - Dec 19 with 1060 viewsepaul

Solidarity with the workers. Fùck the greedy money grabbing bosses
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 16:46]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:46 - Dec 19 with 1048 viewsHighjack

Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:40 - Dec 19 by Lohengrin

The purpose of a General Strike would be to bring down the government. What then?

Suppose they'd all go home for a cup of tea and watch pointless on the telly.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:49 - Dec 19 with 1041 viewsLohengrin

You can't run a country on slogans, Paul. If the government were to fall what do you think would happen next?

Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:50 - Dec 19 with 1036 viewsNogginthenog

I doubt we would ever have a general strike ever again but its purpose would be to try and expose the complete inequality that is encouraged to exist in this country, usually at the expense of ordinary workers.
Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:51 - Dec 19 with 1030 viewsLohengrin

Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:50 - Dec 19 by Nogginthenog

I doubt we would ever have a general strike ever again but its purpose would be to try and expose the complete inequality that is encouraged to exist in this country, usually at the expense of ordinary workers.

That's fully exposed already.

Strikers......(non football kind) on 17:06 - Dec 19 with 1014 viewsepaul

Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:49 - Dec 19 by Lohengrin

You can't run a country on slogans, Paul. If the government were to fall what do you think would happen next?

We know the govt isn't going to fall and I think the "slogan" is very relevant to this dispute

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Strikers......(non football kind) on 17:32 - Dec 19 with 989 viewsNogginthenog

Strikers......(non football kind) on 16:51 - Dec 19 by Lohengrin

That's fully exposed already.

If that is the case, then why aren't we capable of effecting a change in that mentality ?

The ballot box doesn't seem to work.
Strikers......(non football kind) on 17:44 - Dec 19 with 985 viewsLohengrin

Strikers......(non football kind) on 17:32 - Dec 19 by Nogginthenog

If that is the case, then why aren't we capable of effecting a change in that mentality ?

The ballot box doesn't seem to work.

To accomplish anything in politics you first have to construct the machinery, a movement capable of effecting meaningful change. There are none. Westminster is a conclave in consensus. All you'll find there are different shades of the same, failed opinion.

The ballot box doesn't work? For the vested, financial interests it works exactly as it was designed to. Like clockwork.

Strikers......(non football kind) on 18:30 - Dec 19 with 954 viewsNogginthenog

Strikers......(non football kind) on 17:44 - Dec 19 by Lohengrin

To accomplish anything in politics you first have to construct the machinery, a movement capable of effecting meaningful change. There are none. Westminster is a conclave in consensus. All you'll find there are different shades of the same, failed opinion.

The ballot box doesn't work? For the vested, financial interests it works exactly as it was designed to. Like clockwork.

We stand emasculated then, not a pleasant thought this Yuletide!
Strikers......(non football kind) on 19:07 - Dec 19 with 935 viewsGroo

Driverless trains will be high on the 'bosses' investment list.

Groo does what Groo does best

Strikers......(non football kind) on 19:47 - Dec 19 with 904 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

striking at christmas

they must be desperate

dont get paid you know.

Strikers......(non football kind) on 19:53 - Dec 19 with 896 viewsLeonWasGod

True, but sadly the country has been, and continues to be, run on slogans. 'We're all in this together', 'Take back control', 'Make Britain great again'. The meaningless, dumbed-down drivel spouted by today's politicians.
Strikers......(non football kind) on 19:58 - Dec 19 with 888 viewsJoe_bradshaw

A general election which would result in the government being re-elected.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Strikers......(non football kind) on 20:15 - Dec 19 with 866 viewsDr_Winston

Strikers......(non football kind) on 19:58 - Dec 19 by Joe_bradshaw

A general election which would result in the government being re-elected.

With a mandate to further restrict the right to strike.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Strikers......(non football kind) on 20:42 - Dec 19 with 842 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Strikers......(non football kind) on 20:15 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

With a mandate to further restrict the right to strike.

Why's that then?

Strikers......(non football kind) on 20:46 - Dec 19 with 838 viewsepaul

Strikers......(non football kind) on 11:18 - Dec 19 by DDCH

Although James O'brien is so far left he has fallen off the stage, he makes a good point on this occasion

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-link-southern-st

Bang on the money as usual

Strikers......(non football kind) on 01:08 - Dec 20 with 789 viewsDJack

Strikers......(non football kind) on 17:44 - Dec 19 by Lohengrin

I was about to "down-arrow" you for the following quote even though I knew that you would be (quite rightly, if I'm honest) unconcerned by my action.

"The purpose of a General Strike would be to bring down the government. What then?"

Then I saw your later post (quoted) and I feel that I must applaud you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024