Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods 08:07 - Dec 24 with 6372 viewsMyFinalHeaven

"Bob Bradley is fighting to convince his players he is the man to keep Swansea in the Premier League amid concerns over his training methods. The American’s training regime is privately being called into question by a clutch of the club’s playing staff. There is a feeling amongst a contingent in the squad that Bradley’s methods are archaic and repetitive."

The same source is also saying that there's a lot of disagreement and tension in terms of what to do in January. Apparently the new owners recently brought in some performance analysts, and these analysts have already rejected "up to five potential new players identified by the club’s existing recruitment staff."

It just keeps getting worse and worse for us doesn't it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4062856/Bob-Bradley-fighting-c
[Post edited 24 Dec 2016 8:11]

Come on you Swans.

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:11 - Dec 24 with 3689 viewssomersetsimon

I'm not too worried about disagreements regarding transfers. At least they are debating it rather than just agreeing with every suggestion.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:11 - Dec 24 with 3686 viewsjack247

analysts have rejected "up to five potential new players identified by the clubs existing recruitment staff"

Could look at that two ways

They don't want to buy new players
They realise what a cockjob we have made of recruitment the last few years and have actually done something about it
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:12 - Dec 24 with 3684 viewssomersetsimon

Well, Monk's training methods were claimed to be modern and exciting and look what happened there.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:34 - Dec 24 with 3604 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:11 - Dec 24 by somersetsimon

I'm not too worried about disagreements regarding transfers. At least they are debating it rather than just agreeing with every suggestion.

On second thought I think it might actually be a good thing. Perhaps that dumbass Levien has finally wised up and realized that Jenkins is not the infallible football guru he thought he was and one that is not to be trusted with the club's transfer funds. As if the writing on the wall wasn't already readily apparent and clearly evidenced by Jenkins' complete failure in our last 5 transfer windows.

Remember what Levien said during his first press conference after our takeover? Personally, as I expressed on here, this is where the alarm bells sale went off for me with the new ownership. Big time. Calling Jenkins a "tremendous football mind" and saying that he was going to defer to Jenkins and allow him to continue being the one in charge was beyond worrying. Could Levien not see the painfully obvious--that Jenkins had been a complete and object failure in the transfer market since the exit of Laudrup and was one who should be barred from any and all recruitment duties? It seriously pains me that we got bought by a bunch of retards. I mean, just look at what Levien said after the takeover:

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed.

We want to make a splash, but not at the expense of sustainability.

The biggest signing so far is Huw. We wouldn’t make this investment without Huw’s commitment to the club and that partnership.”

"One of the lessons I’ve learned from being an owner — and also watching other owners — that in terms of things like player decisions, it’s really important to rely on experts and neither Jason nor I are going to come into Swansea and tell Huw Jenkins who we should sign.We’re going to support what he wants to do."

Proper scary (and infuriating) stuff.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2016 8:41]

Come on you Swans.

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:47 - Dec 24 with 3546 viewsthereisnospoon

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:12 - Dec 24 by somersetsimon

Well, Monk's training methods were claimed to be modern and exciting and look what happened there.

No they weren't. At least not from me. Monk's methods of working our squad to near death and instituting double and even TRIPLE training sessions was absolute madness. It was only going to ever end in disaster.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:48 - Dec 24 with 3540 viewsHeadmaster

How about the players question their commitment and effort for a change?

Is this the same "contingent" that complained about Laudrup's methods? And Monk's and Guidolin's?

Bunch of fairies.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:56 - Dec 24 with 3514 viewsthereisnospoon

With the way things have gone this season, what'll probably happen is that there's going to be so much disagreement and tension between our recruitment staff and the analysts hired by the owners that nothing gets done and we end up signing no one. All that's going to happen is more indecision, indecisiveness, and irresolution.

Let's not forget--both sides are as incompetent and unqualified as can be. We're dealing with absolute imbeciles here.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 09:25 - Dec 24 with 3407 viewsdobjack2

If the yanks have brought in American statistics analysts to "help" player acquisitions then we are doubly fecked. Those statistics work in American games which are effectively a series of set pieces but in a fluid game where players have to contribute in so many ways I'm not so sure.

If true this article gives me little confidence for the next window. It smells like Jenkins and his recruitment team whose track record is poor are getting choices turned down by people who know even less than them. It'll end up with nothing on the pitch and arguments behind the scenes if we are not careful and delays in getting people in at best.

What next? Joey Barton is a good bet.
Login to get fewer ads

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 09:38 - Dec 24 with 3351 viewsjasper_T

Has Neil Taylor ever liked a manager's training methods?
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 09:50 - Dec 24 with 3321 viewsthereisnospoon

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:48 - Dec 24 by Headmaster

Is this the same "contingent" that complained about Laudrup's methods? And Monk's and Guidolin's?

Bunch of fairies.

Personally, I don't blame them. If Bradley's training methods are indeed repetitive and archaic then they have every right to question him. We're a Premier League club for Christ's sake. If our play isn't up to that standard then at least our training could be.

When Guidolin was sacked, it was imperative that at the very least, we hired someone who could command the respect of the players. Obviously this was not achieved. We hired a fourth rate nobody who was hardly good enough for the French second division, much less one who had never even even managed in a top or even notable European league.

Can you really expect someone like Fernando Llorente, a Euro, World Cup, and 3x Serie A winner to trust some nonentity clown--especially one who consistently makes the most baffling squad selections and tactical decisions--to know what is right and to do things properly?
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:12 - Dec 24 with 3101 viewsWarwickHunt

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 09:38 - Dec 24 by jasper_T

Has Neil Taylor ever liked a manager's training methods?

He has a bright future in management ahead of him.

Hotels, I'm guessing.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:15 - Dec 24 with 3086 viewsZZoric

"Bob Bradley fighting to convince his Swansea players he is the man"

Great news - the carefully oiled yank PR machine is spluttering

The players outing Bradley's dire incompetence is long overdue
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:19 - Dec 24 with 3057 viewsFireboy

The 'analysts' have rejected these potential signings because they would cost too much and the yanks don't want to dib into their profits do they
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:39 - Dec 24 with 2970 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:19 - Dec 24 by Fireboy

The 'analysts' have rejected these potential signings because they would cost too much and the yanks don't want to dib into their profits do they

Or, maybe, the potential signings that Jenkins' and his pitiful staff want are genuinely crap.

Even if we get money to spend in January I'm not optimistic so long as Jenkins remains the one with the final say on transfers. Just look at some of the dross we were interested in during the summer:

Leonardo Ulloa
Artur Ioniță
Peter Crouch
Hal Robson-Kanu
Enner Valencia
Jonny Williams
Jason Denayer
Tom Carroll

Come on you Swans.

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:44 - Dec 24 with 2942 viewsjackeinstein

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:19 - Dec 24 by Fireboy

If memory serves me right the only other club to rely heavily on analysts to recruit is charlton, that's not been a great method for Charlton FC and can't see it working here yank analysts recruiting European players, unless we're looking for 6ft 8 320lb players who run a 40 yard dash in 3 seconds 😁.
Got to go back to picking players that suit a style of play and hopefully a footballing style.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:50 - Dec 24 with 2910 viewsjacabertawe

This is the Daily Mail being quoted as gospel!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 12:21 - Dec 24 with 2806 viewsdobjack2

Time will tell whether it is simply transfer fees, potential sell on fee (moneyball) statistics which can be so misleading as in mark Gower a few seasons back or the targets are cr@p.

One thing for certain we can't afford to dick around like we usually do. Identify and get them in asap.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 12:24 - Dec 24 with 2794 viewsdobjack2

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:50 - Dec 24 by jacabertawe

It may be bollox but i have had the impression that someone has been feeding the Mail with information from behind the scenes for a couple of years.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 12:41 - Dec 24 with 2726 viewsTheFranchise

It's about time negativity was leaked. Fans unhappy, players unhappy, maybe something will happen now.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 12:53 - Dec 24 with 2671 viewsicecoldjack

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:50 - Dec 24 by jacabertawe

That's right. The same daily mail that broke the stories of the Laudrup falling out, chico and monk ,monks methods ,FG getting the boot, Bradley being appointed etc,etc .

No doubt they are getting fed accurate information RE the internal workings of our club, transfer speculation is another story though.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 12:56 - Dec 24 with 2657 viewsmax936

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 08:48 - Dec 24 by Headmaster

Bunch of fairies.

The video on here recently showed players doing the drills that parents running their kids team learn while doing their leaders award, bloody hell you could have gone to any Manager/coach running a Swansea League team to write up better training drills, they're not warmup drills either.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 12:59 - Dec 24 with 2646 viewswaynekerr55

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 11:12 - Dec 24 by WarwickHunt

He has a bright future in management ahead of him.

Hotels, I'm guessing.

I heard on the grapevine that the problem with Bob is that he continually gives mixed messages, hence the confusion and players looking clueless.

Anybody who tells professionals (however bang average they are) how to pass the ball and does run forest run training without the ball is always going to fall flat on his face.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 13:11 - Dec 24 with 2611 viewsjack247

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 12:59 - Dec 24 by waynekerr55

I heard on the grapevine that the problem with Bob is that he continually gives mixed messages, hence the confusion and players looking clueless.

Anybody who tells professionals (however bang average they are) how to pass the ball and does run forest run training without the ball is always going to fall flat on his face.

If that is actually what has been going on. I'm amazed he got away with it in Norway or French league 2.
Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 13:13 - Dec 24 with 2603 viewsmax936

And the players nationalities are different to theirs. Its ok I'm just being mischievous.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 14:49 - Dec 24 with 2404 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Apparently the players are questioning Bradley's training methods on 13:11 - Dec 24 by jack247

If that is actually what has been going on. I'm amazed he got away with it in Norway or French league 2.

What a lot of people don't know is that Vincent Volpe, the owner and chairman of Le Havre, is American. He got the job there the same reason he got the job here--because of his Yankee nationality.

I'm surprised no one's pointed this out yet--that Swansea City's not the only job he's gotten by virtue of his passport. Weird no one in the media has made it apparent either. The guy effectively fluked his way into a Premier League job.

Come on you Swans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024