Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover 18:14 - Dec 26 with 1169 viewsMyFinalHeaven

It's all gotten eerily quiet from Levien and Kaplan, but let's revisit some of the statements they made after they purchased Swansea City:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term."

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

"The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive, exciting to watch and sustainable over the long term. Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

"I'm a lover of sports and I'm highly competitive. I have a true passion for sport and winning," says Kaplan.

"We also want to acknowledge the Supporters' Trust which will remain a significant shareholder in the club. We have reached out to the Supporters’ Trust and met with them on many occasions and we look forward to working with them as our partners in helping to move the club forward. In that regard, we plan to work with the Trust as our partners in determining the best path to expand and improve the fan experience at the Liberty Stadium."

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed. We want to make a splash, but not at the expense of sustainability."

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

"We also wanted to be a part of a club that was at the very heart and soul of the community in which it plays. Over the course of a year we looked at a few clubs, but as we dug down deeper, our focus always returned to the Swans.

"We were attracted to the team's distinctive style of play and we loved the intensity of the relationship between the fans and the football team. Backed by the Supporters' Trust, no other team's support base is as strong as Swansea's.

This historic and powerful relationship between the fans and the club is the single most important answer to the question, 'Why Swansea City?' It's a unique story of a club rescued by a combination of mainly local businessmen and a group of fans who decided they couldn't stand by and let something they love die.

To us, it was an incredible achievement and one that truly resonated. We were hooked, we knew we wanted to be involved.

We recognise this club means so much to so many people and we take the responsibility as owners very seriously. While we plan on being long-term owners we know the team belongs to the community. In essence, we see ourselves as guardians of the club but it belongs to the fans of Swansea City.

One thing we want to be clear about is our priorities as owners. Priority number one, two and three is the performance of the team on the pitch. We will field a competitive team that will battle every week against the greatest teams and players in the world.

We know there is always a sense of fear and trepidation when new owners arrive on the scene but we will do everything in our power to win your trust and ensure there is a long and bright future for Swansea City. "

These scumbags are as deceitful, dishonest, and manipulative as they come. You can't make this stuff up--instead of spending money on the club and the squad they chose instead to pump funds on PR professionals to fabricate this absolute rubbish. I'm all for directing vitriol at Jenkins and the rest of the old guard, but these American cvnts deserve as much fury and nastiness as they do.

So this is what we have been reduced to. Owned by a group of cretins who would rather spend money to pay lipservice PR about all the great things they're going to do and how much better Swansea City FC is going to be under them than spend a single cent on actually substantiating those statements and turning them into reality. Incredible. Absolutely incredible.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 18:23]

Come on you Swans.

Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 18:27 - Dec 26 with 1124 viewsthereisnospoon

"We recognise this club means so much to so many people and we take the responsibility as owners very seriously. While we plan on being long-term owners we know the team belongs to the community. In essence, we see ourselves as guardians of the club but it belongs to the fans of Swansea City.

One thing we want to be clear about is our priorities as owners. Priority number one, two and three is the performance of the team on the pitch. We will field a competitive team that will battle every week against the greatest teams and players in the world.

We know there is always a sense of fear and trepidation when new owners arrive on the scene but we will do everything in our power to win your trust and ensure there is a long and bright future for Swansea City. "

Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 18:36 - Dec 26 with 1085 viewsjack2jack

Nice sentiments from the new owners, but ultimately all Bull shite, soz guys,nice try,see ya.You know fook all about our club our fans our history,and what I really means.If you really care get shot of Bradley now,and spend some dosh in january.
Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 18:42 - Dec 26 with 1046 viewsFerrieBodde

"We recognise this club means so much to so many people and we take the responsibility as owners very seriously."

really? because at the moment it's clear that you blokes think this club means nothing to no one. i'm seriously starting to think you nobs are purposefully trying to run this club into the ground
Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 19:39 - Dec 26 with 967 viewsFerrieBodde

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 19:56 - Dec 26 with 916 viewsjack2jack

Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 18:42 - Dec 26 by FerrieBodde

"We recognise this club means so much to so many people and we take the responsibility as owners very seriously."

really? because at the moment it's clear that you blokes think this club means nothing to no one. i'm seriously starting to think you nobs are purposefully trying to run this club into the ground

Was thinking the same thing just now,is it now out of spite, because they can!
Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 20:03 - Dec 26 with 875 viewsWatchman

Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 18:42 - Dec 26 by FerrieBodde

that is what is being done for the short and medium term

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 20:13 - Dec 26 with 842 viewsRevJames

Actions speak far louder than (cheap) words
Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 20:15 - Dec 26 with 820 viewsOldjack

Aye it's all bullshyte ,but this !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29979755

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 22:03 - Dec 26 with 763 viewsFerrieBodde

Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 20:15 - Dec 26 by Oldjack

Aye it's all bullshyte ,but this !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29979755

Appalling stuff.

I would punch Jenkins in the mouth if I could.
Let's have a look back at the things our new owners said after the takeover on 22:06 - Dec 26 with 754 viewsbuilthjack

Liars

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024