Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager for us? 11:25 - Dec 27 with 2452 viewsSwansea93

Who's your pick.

Harry Redknapp
Roy Hodgson
Alan Pardew
Frank De Boer
Marcelino
Gary Rowett

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Next manager for us? on 11:30 - Dec 27 with 2029 viewsblueytheblue

Redknapp would want money, wheeler dealer that he ooops rosie is. Non starter.
Hodgson... possibly. Did well at Fulham, not good enough for the bigger high profile roles.
Pardew, would have to be a short term deal. I always find it interesting he gets pilloried when he tems fall off during the second season. Mourinho loses the dressing room in his second season routinely, is deemed a "great".
De Boer, you turned him down I believe? Would be be interested having been snubbed previously?
Marcelino, see above.
Rowett, hmm, seemed to do a decent job at Brummies, was it a flash in the pan though? Would he want another job with clueless foreign majority shareholders / owners?

Of that list, I'd say the most likely would be Hodgson.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Next manager for us? on 11:42 - Dec 27 with 1947 viewscostalotta

A few names on there would be a good shout but if there is a change I can't see it be anyone who isn't a yes man. That will reduce the numbes and especially the quality of appointment by about 99%. On this basis it will be a young hungry and totally inexperienced appointment. Carl Robinson fits this bill especially as he's played in the MLS.
Next manager for us? on 11:44 - Dec 27 with 1917 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Gary Neville

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Next manager for us? on 11:56 - Dec 27 with 1846 viewsmagicdaps10

Give it to Frankie Lampard with his uncle Harry helping him out.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Next manager for us? on 11:59 - Dec 27 with 1823 viewsporthcawljax

I think Frank De Boer will sort them out. His stats with Ajax were impressive.

Ajax 6 December 2010 to 11 May 2016. Played 262. Won 158. Draw 57. Lost 47. Percentage win 60.3%
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 12:18]

Poll: Who would you pick for Swansea's goal stopper?

Next manager for us? on 12:08 - Dec 27 with 1776 viewsmax936

Get Gary Rowett in now before someone else hires him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Next manager for us? on 12:11 - Dec 27 with 1759 viewsbuilthjack

Next manager for us? on 11:42 - Dec 27 by costalotta

A few names on there would be a good shout but if there is a change I can't see it be anyone who isn't a yes man. That will reduce the numbes and especially the quality of appointment by about 99%. On this basis it will be a young hungry and totally inexperienced appointment. Carl Robinson fits this bill especially as he's played in the MLS.

I know him well. Want me to have a word?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Next manager for us? on 12:12 - Dec 27 with 1748 viewsLeonWasGod

Next manager for us? on 12:08 - Dec 27 by max936

Get Gary Rowett in now before someone else hires him.

Rowett in the same camp as Monk for me. Has a bit of experience getting teams to over-perform, but also heavily criticised by fans for boring football.

Someone mentioned Pearson earlier.

I wouldn't rule out a return for Giggs either. Not my preference, but I wouldn't rule out him still being in Huw's thoughts.
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager for us? on 12:13 - Dec 27 with 1739 viewsPawelAbbott

Juande Ramos
David Wagner
Next manager for us? on 12:16 - Dec 27 with 1712 viewsporschejack

You didnt mention what season . I assume its 2018/19 as we're stable until then.
Next manager for us? on 12:19 - Dec 27 with 1687 viewsLeonWasGod

Sadly, I think you're right about the yes man. They won't want a strong character to come in with clear views on players, based on recent managers anyway. I reckon Robinson would be out of his depth though.
Next manager for us? on 12:20 - Dec 27 with 1679 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Next manager for us? on 12:16 - Dec 27 by porschejack

You didnt mention what season . I assume its 2018/19 as we're stable until then.

have some faith

look at last season with a competent manager
Next manager for us? on 12:21 - Dec 27 with 1669 viewscostalotta

Next manager for us? on 12:11 - Dec 27 by builthjack

I know him well. Want me to have a word?

Yes please. Ask him to stay the pluck away.
Next manager for us? on 12:22 - Dec 27 with 1660 viewscostalotta

Next manager for us? on 12:19 - Dec 27 by LeonWasGod

Sadly, I think you're right about the yes man. They won't want a strong character to come in with clear views on players, based on recent managers anyway. I reckon Robinson would be out of his depth though.

That's kinda what I was saying...
Next manager for us? on 12:47 - Dec 27 with 1555 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Lars Lagerbäck

- with a batch of Viking defenders
Next manager for us? on 12:59 - Dec 27 with 1490 viewsunion_jack

I never look for a new house until I've at least had a firm offer on the one I'm selling!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Next manager for us? on 13:07 - Dec 27 with 1453 viewsLeonWasGod

Next manager for us? on 12:22 - Dec 27 by costalotta

That's kinda what I was saying...

Aye, i misread your comment on Robinson. Agree that's where we're likely to go, still reckon Giggs is in with a shout, which would be equally as daft. More likely, expect us to scrape a win against Bournmouth and the owners to be placated. Followed by 3 humiliating thumpings and spunking money up the wall in January with Bob.
Next manager for us? on 13:23 - Dec 27 with 1386 viewsgetcarter

There so many experts on here that could be potential managers.
Next manager for us? on 19:59 - Dec 29 with 1152 viewsbuilthjack

Next manager for us? on 12:21 - Dec 27 by costalotta

Yes please. Ask him to stay the pluck away.

I spoke to his Mum this morning, he's very happy over there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Next manager for us? on 20:06 - Dec 29 with 1121 viewsKGriz16

David Brent
Next manager for us? on 20:16 - Dec 29 with 1049 viewsDaggyjack

Next manager for us? on 11:59 - Dec 27 by porthcawljax

I think Frank De Boer will sort them out. His stats with Ajax were impressive.

Ajax 6 December 2010 to 11 May 2016. Played 262. Won 158. Draw 57. Lost 47. Percentage win 60.3%
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 12:18]

In a league of 3 average teams (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord) and the rest awful.
Paul Clement for me, let's go down and get back to the Swansea way that we somehow lost 3 or 4 managers ago.
Next manager for us? on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 959 viewsLeonWasGod

Next manager for us? on 13:23 - Dec 27 by getcarter

There so many experts on here that could be potential managers.

Yep

Of all the names mentioned, there's one that ticks all the boxes but hasn't been mentioned. A Brit with experience of playing at the top club, Europe and international levels, learnt management in the lower leagues and stepped up to the PL, experience of managing a relegation battle. Step forward....

..... Paul Ince!

And we'd get his lad a a brucie bonus, and we all know Huw's a long-time admirer there.
Next manager for us? on 21:18 - Dec 29 with 947 viewsAngelRangelQS

Surely to god they need a rethink now on this
Next manager for us? on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 920 viewsLeonWasGod

Next manager for us? on 21:18 - Dec 29 by AngelRangelQS

Surely to god they need a rethink now on this

You'd think so wouldn't you. That would be the good thing about Harry - he'd tell Huw how it is. Although he'd be the last nail in the coffin for our identity of doing things our own way.
Next manager for us? on 21:27 - Dec 29 with 904 viewsLoyal

Paul Clement.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024