Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we down already? 12:19 - Dec 27 with 5026 viewsStarsky

That's what some of you are posting.

I understand that's the knee jerk emotion from yesterday's abject performance.

Let's not forget that these are the same players that we're playing much better under Guidolin.

If we replace Bob before the Bournemouth game and spend some money wisely in January, then I believe we have every chance of staying up.

We're only 4 points from safety with 20 games to go, so don't give up just yet.

If we stick with Bob, I doubt we'll turn it around though
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 12:21]

It's just the internet, init.

Are we down already? on 12:21 - Dec 27 with 3762 viewsLeonWasGod

You've answered your own question. We're down already if we stick with Bob. We've definitely got a chance if we get a manager experienced in these dog fights AND 3-4 quality players. Anything less I reckon it's curtains.
Are we down already? on 12:22 - Dec 27 with 3758 viewsDr_Winston

On the balance of probability we're in deep shit. January is going to require some bold and smart decision making, and few will be confident of that taking place.

The worst thing we could do now is keep Bradley around and spend £20/30m.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are we down already? on 12:24 - Dec 27 with 3749 viewsJackBaston

If we sack Bob, i firmly believe we'll beat Bournemouth, giving us a possible 1 point deficit to catch up with everyone else
And believe with the right manager and a few good signings, we'll stay up comfortably

BUT our american owners are too proud to admit their mistake, and are going to give Bob at least one more crucial game, where we could potentially be 7 points behind everyone else, and I dont believe any manager we could bring would have an easy job bringing that back

So at this moment in time, while clueless Bobs around, we're just going to get worst and relegations almost inevitable
Are we down already? on 12:33 - Dec 27 with 3664 viewsWingstandwood

Are we down already? on 12:22 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

On the balance of probability we're in deep shit. January is going to require some bold and smart decision making, and few will be confident of that taking place.

The worst thing we could do now is keep Bradley around and spend £20/30m.

The thought of two people with a transfer kitty absolutely terrify me i.e. Bob Crapley and Huw Jenkins.

Argus!

Are we down already? on 12:37 - Dec 27 with 3645 viewsHeadmaster

If we don't get better players in January, we're down. If we don't sack Bob, we're down. Simple as that.
Are we down already? on 12:37 - Dec 27 with 3640 viewsmalagajack

Stick with Bob and we are gone. With 60pts up for grabs, less than half will do, say 27, thats 7wins,6 draws, allowing for 7 defeats - the same number in the 11 games under Bob. With new leadership and some fresh blood its of course possible, but will we have either of the calibre required. If Bob stays I doubt we will be able to recruit anyone of real quality but that won't really matter then because if he does we are toast anyway.
Are we down already? on 12:41 - Dec 27 with 3611 viewsperchrockjack

getting tired with repeating myself but a manager that can organise,bully players and have them doing basic stuff, will see us ok.

Start Baston ,play Dyer and have him practise crossing .

OFFLOAD

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Are we down already? on 12:46 - Dec 27 with 3600 viewssketty_jack

Yes we're down IMO. Only 6 teams since the PL started have survived with the points tally we had before yesterday's game. We'll have to do what Leicester did 2 seasons ago to stay up and this team is clearly not a patch on that one. Teams in our position have tried everything over those 20 odd years, including changing manager after manager and spunking a fortune in January, and still only 6 teams made it. Sorry to be a pessimist / realist but I think the damage was done the moment Guidolin was sacked. I think too much has to change on too many levels (management, playing staff, recruitment) for us to turn this round in one window.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we down already? on 12:48 - Dec 27 with 3573 viewsjack247

Are we down already? on 12:41 - Dec 27 by perchrockjack

getting tired with repeating myself but a manager that can organise,bully players and have them doing basic stuff, will see us ok.

Start Baston ,play Dyer and have him practise crossing .

OFFLOAD

Why start Baston? He is useless up front on his own. Unless you mean drop Siggy and play him behind Llorente?

Agree with the manager comment. We just need someone who can organise a defence and get players to put their bodies on the left me for 90 minutes. They aren't particularly hard to find
Are we down already? on 12:53 - Dec 27 with 3533 viewsDr_Winston

Are we down already? on 12:33 - Dec 27 by Wingstandwood

The thought of two people with a transfer kitty absolutely terrify me i.e. Bob Crapley and Huw Jenkins.

Bradley's getting nowhere near the kitty even if he stays boss. The last couple of years have made that clear.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are we down already? on 12:53 - Dec 27 with 3533 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Buy wisely in January?

With Jenkins in charge of player recruitment there's no chance. We need a new manager allowed to recruit the players he needs. It simply isn't going to happen so we're down in my opinion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Are we down already? on 12:53 - Dec 27 with 3532 viewswaynekerr55

We are fúcked.

Get a progressive young head coach in with someone who can recruit players (such as the fella who worked at Brentford and has his stats company). Keep Gonzo away from everything apart from signing the cheques.

Fin.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Are we down already? on 12:55 - Dec 27 with 3524 viewscrix

Are we down already? on 12:46 - Dec 27 by sketty_jack

Yes we're down IMO. Only 6 teams since the PL started have survived with the points tally we had before yesterday's game. We'll have to do what Leicester did 2 seasons ago to stay up and this team is clearly not a patch on that one. Teams in our position have tried everything over those 20 odd years, including changing manager after manager and spunking a fortune in January, and still only 6 teams made it. Sorry to be a pessimist / realist but I think the damage was done the moment Guidolin was sacked. I think too much has to change on too many levels (management, playing staff, recruitment) for us to turn this round in one window.

I will always hope while its mathematically possible, however its nearly 3hrs since the infamous 10am sacking bob deadline passed and with each minute that passes and hes still in place I feel less confident of survival.
Are we down already? on 12:55 - Dec 27 with 3520 viewsdobjack2

Probably.

Need to get rid of bob and get a manager

Get a quality player who is also a leader and 3/4 other quality players.

No confidence in Jenkins identifying the right manager and players even less confidence in us spending the transfer fees and agreeing to the manager and players contract terms to get them here.
Are we down already? on 12:56 - Dec 27 with 3512 viewsClinton

Very difficult to catch anyone up when we aren't winning games.
Add to that, we could get some bad luck with injuries, sending off or suspensions which would kill is off good and proper.
Unlikely to survive.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Are we down already? on 12:57 - Dec 27 with 3510 viewsunion_jack

I'm sorry but I don't understand this view that we were down once Guidolin was sacked. We'd be in the same position if he was still here. Clearly, his successor is no better, far worse in fact but Guidolin was not going to be our saviour this season.

Agree though that without proper recruitment of a new manager and key players that we are down and I am fully prepared for it now.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Are we down already? on 13:00 - Dec 27 with 3482 viewsraynor94

100%, there is no way anybody tidy going to come in and accept a relegation clause, accept the inevitable and start preparing for the Championship, Rowett seems like a good shout

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Are we down already? on 13:02 - Dec 27 with 3465 viewsJackBaston

Are we down already? on 12:57 - Dec 27 by union_jack

I'm sorry but I don't understand this view that we were down once Guidolin was sacked. We'd be in the same position if he was still here. Clearly, his successor is no better, far worse in fact but Guidolin was not going to be our saviour this season.

Agree though that without proper recruitment of a new manager and key players that we are down and I am fully prepared for it now.

think thats unfair, Guidolin was forced to sell his captain and top striker just before the season started, and Mawson only came in at the end of August

Guidolin showed last season he had the players playing well, not 'The Swansea Way', but grinding out results

With Bob its very gung ho, very 'we'll outscore you or implode trying'
Are we down already? on 13:05 - Dec 27 with 3448 viewsporschejack

I've had so many knee jerk reactions this season I've walked to Mumbles twice even though I didnt want to go .
Are we down already? on 13:16 - Dec 27 with 3406 viewsunion_jack

Are we down already? on 13:02 - Dec 27 by JackBaston

think thats unfair, Guidolin was forced to sell his captain and top striker just before the season started, and Mawson only came in at the end of August

Guidolin showed last season he had the players playing well, not 'The Swansea Way', but grinding out results

With Bob its very gung ho, very 'we'll outscore you or implode trying'

He wasn't helped by the amateur recruitment policy which we all now know the reasons for. However, I just felt he wouldn't have ground out enough results and would've been on the wrong end of the score lines too often.

The truth is of course is we'll never know.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Are we down already? on 13:20 - Dec 27 with 3375 viewsJackBaston

Are we down already? on 13:16 - Dec 27 by union_jack

He wasn't helped by the amateur recruitment policy which we all now know the reasons for. However, I just felt he wouldn't have ground out enough results and would've been on the wrong end of the score lines too often.

The truth is of course is we'll never know.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Guidolin was a long term solution for us
I always felt he was a bit too nicey nicey and a kiss bottom

But he 100% wouldve seen us get more points than Bradley right now, and we sure as hell wouldnt be conceding 3+ goals every game
Are we down already? on 13:21 - Dec 27 with 3366 viewsOldjack

They got one last throw of the dice ,we all know what that means , I've got a gut feeling they'll not throw it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are we down already? on 13:23 - Dec 27 with 3349 viewsTheFranchise

Where is Sousa these days?
Are we down already? on 13:23 - Dec 27 with 3349 viewsBloodyhills

If we keep Bob we are down.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Are we down already? on 13:28 - Dec 27 with 3317 viewsFireboy

Are we down already? on 13:23 - Dec 27 by Bloodyhills

If we keep Bob we are down.

This with fecking bells on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024