Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread 01:58 - Dec 28 with 23673 viewsjackharris

Venue: Liberty Stadium, Landore,
Swansea (SA12FA)
Date: Saturday December 31st 2016
Kick Off: 3pm (15:00)
[Post edited 31 Dec 13:04]

Poll: How much should we try to charge 4 the match v Rotherham (with their agreement)?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 02:13 - Dec 28 with 4327 viewsjackharris

We scored twice in both league matches v AFC Bournemouth last season, but won neither (2-2 at home and 3-2 away). AFC Bournemouth took the lead three times in their last meeting with Swansea in March, with Steve Cook’s goal 12 minutes from time sealing victory. The last six league encounters between these two sides has produced a total of 27 goals (4.5 per match on average). Joshua King scored in both Premier League matches against the Swans in 2015/16.
Weather
[Post edited 28 Dec 2:18]

Poll: How much should we try to charge 4 the match v Rotherham (with their agreement)?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 10:47 - Dec 28 with 4178 viewsRiscaJack

Another loss I'm afraid. Was hoping to see someone else in charge by then to give us a boost but they have already said it will be Curt and Williams. With all due respect to both I can't see them getting us anywhere near defensively organised enough to compete.

JENKINS OUT

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 12:29 - Dec 28 with 4089 viewsShonky

How many of our tonkings has Britton started?

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." --Christopher Dawson

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 13:24 - Dec 28 with 4012 viewsdickythorpe

We'll win this. It's the Swansea way mun!!!!!!!!

Poll: Who are the Wimbledon that won the FA cup?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 13:30 - Dec 28 with 4008 viewsTheKirkyLife

Keeping positive now a big problem is out of the way. Draw.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 13:35 - Dec 28 with 3990 viewsairedale

Wonder what Curt will do regarding strikers, defence and midfield?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:35 - Dec 28 with 3938 viewsHugeEnkins

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 13:35 - Dec 28 by airedale

Pick some, presumably

Lots of width and Llorente up top. Make best of what we have with the back 4. I'd consider resting Fab, too.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:41 - Dec 28 with 3919 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:35 - Dec 28 by HugeEnkins

Pick some, presumably

Lots of width and Llorente up top. Make best of what we have with the back 4. I'd consider resting Fab, too.

Be interesting to see his take on it in relation to the last 10 games or so. Also what the players attitude will be (as we see it from our seats).

Also will it be Curt plus Paul in that little box?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 15:51 - Dec 28 with 3862 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 13:35 - Dec 28 by airedale

Neil Taylor captain.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:03 - Dec 28 with 3837 viewsHugeEnkins

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:41 - Dec 28 by airedale

Be interesting to see his take on it in relation to the last 10 games or so. Also what the players attitude will be (as we see it from our seats).

Also will it be Curt plus Paul in that little box?

Hopefully give us a lift for Saturday. He's got to start Llorente, surely? As for Paul Williams... He's got to be bricking it now. He could be out of a job by Saturday evening. Defensive coach, be fked!

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:26 - Dec 28 with 3740 viewsperplex

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:35 - Dec 28 by HugeEnkins

Pick some, presumably

Why rest Fab he only plays once a week, unless your worried about him hurting his back having to constantly bend over to pick the ball out of the back of the net.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 28 with 3704 viewssomersetsimon

What team and formation did Curt go for when he took over last year?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 28 with 3700 viewskarnataka

I'm just hoping for a positive reaction from the players - more energy, more spirit, more effort, better concentration. Squad may still be lacklustre for a few weeks but it will help if all the players perform somewhere near their potential, something they have spectacularly failed to do lately. It will give us a platform to build on.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 19:11 - Dec 28 with 3633 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 28 by karnataka

I'm just hoping for a positive reaction from the players - more energy, more spirit, more effort, better concentration. Squad may still be lacklustre for a few weeks but it will help if all the players perform somewhere near their potential, something they have spectacularly failed to do lately. It will give us a platform to build on.

Christ no. We really have to win this. Some way, any way. They can all carry on performing like townhill juniors up paradise park as long as they find a way to win this bloody game.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 19:18 - Dec 28 with 3619 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 28 by somersetsimon

What team and formation did Curt go for when he took over last year?

He basically just carried on where Monk left off. Mostly used the diamond too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 20:27 - Dec 28 with 3527 viewssherpajacob

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 19:18 - Dec 28 by Dr_Winston

He basically just carried on where Monk left off. Mostly used the diamond too.

There was light years in difference in the way we played between Monks last game (Leicester H) and Curts first (Man City A)

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:57 - Dec 28 with 3424 viewsairedale

What's Curt's back 4 folks?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:58 - Dec 28 with 3429 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:57 - Dec 28 by airedale

What's Curt's back 4 folks?

You can be fairly sure Taylor will be part of it.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 22:03 - Dec 28 with 3411 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:58 - Dec 28 by Dr_Winston

You can be fairly sure Taylor will be part of it.

And Naughton? And maybe he won't rate Van.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 22:33 - Dec 28 with 3381 viewsHuw57

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:03 - Dec 28 by HugeEnkins

Hopefully give us a lift for Saturday. He's got to start Llorente, surely? As for Paul Williams... He's got to be bricking it now. He could be out of a job by Saturday evening. Defensive coach, be fked!

To be fair to the guy who or where has said he was brought in to sort the defence out?

Or did i Miss something?
[Post edited 28 Dec 22:36]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 23:26 - Dec 28 with 3326 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 22:33 - Dec 28 by Huw57

To be fair to the guy who or where has said he was brought in to sort the defence out?

Or did i Miss something?

Same here, don't know why Paul and defence go together.

Is Ki gonna be about, and Fer?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 00:06 - Dec 29 with 3292 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

3-1

We would be comfortably mid table with Joe Allen and Brendan Rodgers
Poll: Should Fabianski be dropped after ANOTHER mistake costing us points?

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 01:21 - Dec 29 with 3254 viewsNeathJack

I fancy us for this as long as we come out of the blocks well. The crowd will be up given the Bradley sacking & Curt in charge.

The defence is still a major concern obviously but if we can go with 2 genuine wingers and Gylfi behind Llorente, then we've got the chance to get at them.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 08:01 - Dec 29 with 3154 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 01:21 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

I fancy us for this as long as we come out of the blocks well. The crowd will be up given the Bradley sacking & Curt in charge.

The defence is still a major concern obviously but if we can go with 2 genuine wingers and Gylfi behind Llorente, then we've got the chance to get at them.

Is Montero still injured? Dyer and Barrow are probably our best two available, but I'm not sure either of them would be OK on the left.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 09:02 - Dec 29 with 3123 viewsShonky

In spite of everything, a win here and were are only 5 points behind survival pace at the halfway point. The dimmest of hope.

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
[Post edited 29 Dec 9:06]

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." --Christopher Dawson

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 09:14 - Dec 29 with 2296 viewsraynor94

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 23:26 - Dec 28 by airedale

Same here, don't know why Paul and defence go together.

Is Ki gonna be about, and Fer?

He was a centre half

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 10:27 - Dec 29 with 2226 viewsJango

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 09:02 - Dec 29 by Shonky

In spite of everything, a win here and were are only 5 points behind survival pace at the halfway point. The dimmest of hope.

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes

Win against Bournemouth and we may only be 1 point my off a survival place. That's the only thing important here, seasons gone by are irrelevant. it's gonna be a low scoring 17th place this year by the looks of it which is also the only hope we've got it seems.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 13:31 - Dec 29 with 2090 viewsmonmouth

Win on Saturday and we're amazingly still well in the hunt with half a season to go and a chance with a new manager and players to rectify things.

It's the hope that kills you.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:30 - Dec 29 with 2048 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 10:27 - Dec 29 by Jango

Win against Bournemouth and we may only be 1 point my off a survival place. That's the only thing important here, seasons gone by are irrelevant. it's gonna be a low scoring 17th place this year by the looks of it which is also the only hope we've got it seems.

To be fair that is said this time of year quite a lot. To be sure we have to be looking at 38/40 points.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:05 - Dec 29 with 1934 viewsFireboy

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 09:02 - Dec 29 by Shonky

--Oliver Wendell Holmes

I like that saying shonky

And I'm certain as someone has said the crowd will be well up for it with the bumbling feckwit getting the push and curt being in charge

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:49 - Dec 29 with 1889 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 01:21 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

Bob not starting LLORENTE last week was a master class .

What a f@cking tool

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 29 with 1877 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 22:33 - Dec 28 by Huw57

Or did i Miss something?

Bobbly said it. It's buried deep in one of his ramblings. He said that Williams had been bought in as defensive coach and would spend time (a day or two a week I think) working just with them on defensive drills. I don't think that's unusual, although it's always struck me as odd as defending is a whole team issue.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 21:11 - Dec 29 with 1742 viewsnyc_swans

although i have no faith in him, montero was at least an option off the bench and now i see he's out for 6 weeks.

winger was already a priority over the january window and now you would have to think it's an absolute necessity.

so, does this mean Dan James gets a spot on the bench? i'd like to see this happen in the meantime as they go after a new winger.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 01:08 - Dec 30 with 1618 viewsPozuelosSideys

Montero is far too mentally weak to be relied on. At least one winger is a must

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 07:25 - Dec 30 with 1569 viewsbuilthjack

A 4-2 classic

Poll: Posts on here- Who are the big guns with the most posts

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 30 with 1444 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 07:25 - Dec 30 by builthjack

A 4-2 classic

Or even more.

The referee is Kevin Friend who was also in charge last month when we beat Crystal Palace 5-4.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:48 - Dec 30 with 1434 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 30 by Glyn1

Or even more.

The referee is Kevin Friend who was also in charge last month when we beat Crystal Palace 5-4.

And Mr Friend was there when we scored 5 at Wemberley.

5 it is then. Let's hope it's enough.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 12:23 - Dec 30 with 1405 viewsShonky

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:48 - Dec 30 by monmouth

It may well be 5. Its at what end that concerns me.

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:57 - Dec 30 with 1326 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 11:48 - Dec 30 by monmouth

'5 it is then. Let's hope it's enough.'

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 16:31 - Dec 30 with 1256 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Versus AFC Bournemouth Premier League Match Thread on 14:57 - Dec 30 by Glyn1

'5 it is then. Let's hope it's enough.'

Llorente will want to impress the dugout leaper too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2017 hosted by FastHosts