Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager 12:34 - Dec 28 with 2546 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Don't get me wrong, Rowett is a top, top bloke, but he doesn't have anywhere NEAR the level of experience required for this level. He's simply not qualified to manage a Premier League team, no less one that is embroiled in a bitter relegation battle.

Are people not aware that he has only been a manager for 4 years, and for teams in the lower leagues? From 2012-2014 he managed League Two Burton Albion, and from 2014-2016 he managed a midtable Birmingham City side. This should in no way be enough to make him even a candidate for the job here--especially when there are so many better options out there.

It' scary turning on Sky Sports and seeing that him, along with Coleman, are the "favourites" for the job. We just appointed a guy without anywhere near the experience required for this level and we all so how utterly disastrous it turned out. Are we really to make the same mistake again? Seriously?

Come on you Swans.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:40 - Dec 28 with 2521 viewsGlyn1

I can see why you're saying that. To some degree, he's 'flavour of the month'. However, you're getting close to saying that we should never appoint a young manager, and I disagree with that.

He took over Birmingham when they were in a relegation battle and when he was sacked, they were near the top of the Championship. Apparently he's a good man manager, and his team play attractive football.

But if we want to go in the opposite direction, I'd be happy to see old 'Arry Redknapp (aged 69) appointed if he could bring John Terry and Frank Lampard with him, especially John Terry much as I detest him. Redknapp kept Portsmouth up a few seasons ago and he could do the same for us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/28/harry-redknapp-interested-swansea

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:41 - Dec 28 with 2505 viewsTheKirkyLife

Rowett would be the perfect signing if this was 6 months on and we were getting relegated.
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:43 - Dec 28 with 2495 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:40 - Dec 28 by Glyn1

I can see why you're saying that. To some degree, he's 'flavour of the month'. However, you're getting close to saying that we should never appoint a young manager, and I disagree with that.

He took over Birmingham when they were in a relegation battle and when he was sacked, they were near the top of the Championship. Apparently he's a good man manager, and his team play attractive football.

But if we want to go in the opposite direction, I'd be happy to see old 'Arry Redknapp (aged 69) appointed if he could bring John Terry and Frank Lampard with him, especially John Terry much as I detest him. Redknapp kept Portsmouth up a few seasons ago and he could do the same for us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/28/harry-redknapp-interested-swansea

We're in a relegation dogfight mun. This simply is NOT the time for a young, inexperienced "flavour of the month" manager.

The only thing Rowett should serve as is a last resort, if even that. There is no reason we should be looking at him before we look at guys like Marcelino, de Boer, Hodgson, Redknapp, or van Gaal.

Come on you Swans.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:44 - Dec 28 with 2482 viewsmagicdaps10

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:41 - Dec 28 by TheKirkyLife

Rowett would be the perfect signing if this was 6 months on and we were getting relegated.

Nail right on the head there.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:46 - Dec 28 with 2465 views34dfgdf54

I can definitely see this one happening, and it will be another bad decision by the club in my opinion.

It's no good sacking him if he doesn't keep us up though, because he won't. Give him the full three years, we can't go on giving compensation out because of shocking decisions by the board, because more will inevitably happen.
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:54 - Dec 28 with 2433 viewsLeonWasGod

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:40 - Dec 28 by Glyn1

He's very much a darling of social media and forums. But apparently Brum fans were complaining about his dull, defensive football. If true, he doesn't sound like the answer in terms of experience or football philosophy. I have paid much attention to his teams though (and neither I suspect have many people who are calling for him).

It would be interesting to get some first hand views on him to see thd real picture.
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:58 - Dec 28 with 2400 viewsGlyn1

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:54 - Dec 28 by LeonWasGod

He's very much a darling of social media and forums. But apparently Brum fans were complaining about his dull, defensive football. If true, he doesn't sound like the answer in terms of experience or football philosophy. I have paid much attention to his teams though (and neither I suspect have many people who are calling for him).

It would be interesting to get some first hand views on him to see thd real picture.

Fair point - I was probably wrong about the "attractive football' bit.

Maybe we should go for the last manager on this list!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/28/bob-bradley-sacked-top-10-contend

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:15 - Dec 28 with 2314 viewsDr_Winston

A young manager who is the darling of journalists and social media but actually plays tedious football in the main.

Is it 2015 again?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:19 - Dec 28 with 2284 viewsPintado

If the club really want to fight off relegation the Rowett will be nowhere near job. Let's face it at the moment it's all guesswork from the media, they don't know who he main contenders are and are just throwing names about to create a story.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:24 - Dec 28 with 2263 viewsMurph75

Martinez,
Sousa,
Rodgers,
Monk,

All did ok.
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:29 - Dec 28 with 2238 viewsBloodyhills

Now is not the time to experiment with a young manager's potential which is what he has but lacks experience.

To have any hope of staying up we need someone with experience.

If it were me I'd only consider giving Rowett the job now if I'd given up on us staying up and was preparing for the Championship.

How are Birmingham doing on the Championship anyway?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 13:31]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:30 - Dec 28 with 2223 viewsPintado

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:24 - Dec 28 by Murph75

Martinez,
Sousa,
Rodgers,
Monk,

All did ok.

Martinez, Sousa and Rodgers were all lower league when appointed and Monk did not do well when he had to create his own team and destroyed the style of play in my opinion, but none of them were appointed in the position we are face and experience in the key to staying up.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:43 - Dec 28 with 2180 viewsQuakerJack

Arry to keep us up then reassess in the summer. If we employ Redknapp in time for him to wheel and deal in the market, we'll stay up... Then if he doesn't want it going forward, we can then look at Rowett, but Redknapp for me... he's already on about bringing Frank home to Swansea...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:49 - Dec 28 with 2151 viewsMurph75

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:30 - Dec 28 by Pintado

Martinez, Sousa and Rodgers were all lower league when appointed and Monk did not do well when he had to create his own team and destroyed the style of play in my opinion, but none of them were appointed in the position we are face and experience in the key to staying up.

Rowett stabilised a club in free fall and turned them in to promotion candidates with a budget of sweet fa. He's exactly the person we need right now. If we don't stay up making sure we're in a position to push for promotion the following season is a must and he'd be the man to do it.

The next manager we appoint is crucial. We can't be short sighted. This is all about having a long term strategic plan on both fronts.
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:57 - Dec 28 with 2117 viewsDafyddHuw

OP - it depends on whether you think we're already relegated or not.

If you do, he'd be great to get in now to prepare for the championship.
If you don't, then he'd be a meh appointment.

With our squad, and the fact that we're already adrift, I think we've missed our chance of survival. He went to Selhurst Park a few days ago.

But all about opinions.
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:57 - Dec 28 with 2112 viewsPintado

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:49 - Dec 28 by Murph75

Rowett stabilised a club in free fall and turned them in to promotion candidates with a budget of sweet fa. He's exactly the person we need right now. If we don't stay up making sure we're in a position to push for promotion the following season is a must and he'd be the man to do it.

The next manager we appoint is crucial. We can't be short sighted. This is all about having a long term strategic plan on both fronts.

Well have to agree to disagree, if we go down the yes, I would go for him, at at this minute with the trouble we are in, I can see nothing but an experienced manager keeping us up, and to gamble with a manager like Rowett would be too big a risk. Remember he did this with Championship, premier is a different level all together.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:58 - Dec 28 with 2105 viewsCooperman

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:49 - Dec 28 by Murph75

So the right man now or the right man to get us back up?

Maybe the latter but definitely not the former.

I wouldn't say Birmingham are strong promotion candidates; instead he's got them to the top of the dross that makes up most of that league.

It's a "no" from me.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:59 - Dec 28 with 2092 viewsFlashberryjack

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:57 - Dec 28 by DafyddHuw

With our squad, and the fact that we're already adrift, I think we've missed our chance of survival. He went to Selhurst Park a few days ago.

But all about opinions.

Gary Rowett it is then.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 14:03 - Dec 28 with 2070 viewsMurph75

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:58 - Dec 28 by Cooperman

So the right man now or the right man to get us back up?

Maybe the latter but definitely not the former.

I wouldn't say Birmingham are strong promotion candidates; instead he's got them to the top of the dross that makes up most of that league.

It's a "no" from me.

Who else are we going to get though? We struggled to attract a manger last year when the situation was better than the one we currently face.

I agree Birmingham aren't strong candidates for promotion. They are candidates though and that's a miracle considering where they were when he took over.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 14:06]
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 14:08 - Dec 28 with 2043 viewsCooperman

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 14:03 - Dec 28 by Murph75

Who else are we going to get though? We struggled to attract a manger last year when the situation was better than the one we currently face.

I agree Birmingham aren't strong candidates for promotion. They are candidates though and that's a miracle considering where they were when he took over.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 14:06]

I don't know but we need someone with more experience than Neville, Rowett, Gerrard, Giggs and Lampard combined.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 17:31 - Dec 28 with 1743 viewsVetchitBack

People need to see what's in front of them. Sylvester Stallone montage in tow couldn't keep us up.

We have a terrible squad and a terrible starting eleven collectively.

We have been victims of chronic and deliberate underinvestment.

We need seven mad, rich sheiks to give us a chance of surviving after January. We're a Premier League write off.

Rowett is the sensible long term option.

As for he plays dull football 😂

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 17:33 - Dec 28 with 1740 viewsperplex

Rowett`s cv is no better than Bradley`s or am i missing something.
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 17:38 - Dec 28 with 1718 viewsLeonWasGod

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 12:58 - Dec 28 by Glyn1

Fair point - I was probably wrong about the "attractive football' bit.

Maybe we should go for the last manager on this list!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/28/bob-bradley-sacked-top-10-contend

I may be wrong, but I'd heard he was very pragmatic - doing what needed to be done, so much like Garry was.

Kenny! Ha, Nothing would surprise me.
I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 22:55 - Dec 29 with 1543 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 13:57 - Dec 28 by DafyddHuw

But all about opinions.

At this moment in time it'd be absolutely ludicrous to give up, surrender, and accept that we've been relegated and hire a Championship manager for life in the Championship. We've still got 20 games ffs. The goal is always to stay up. It's far from over damn it.

Come on you Swans.

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 23:07 - Dec 29 with 1506 viewsPacemaker

I seriously don't get why people want Gary Rowett as our new manager on 22:55 - Dec 29 by MyFinalHeaven

At this moment in time it'd be absolutely ludicrous to give up, surrender, and accept that we've been relegated and hire a Championship manager for life in the Championship. We've still got 20 games ffs. The goal is always to stay up. It's far from over damn it.

He was interviewed on Sky as a pundit prior to the Derby v Birmingham game earlier this week. He said he played a pragmatic style because the players at Birmingham were incapable of playing a technical game plan. He was interested to see how Zola was going to play an open style with the players at his disposal. Derby won 1-0.

He came across as a bright manager and with a hard edge to him.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024