Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gabriele Marcotti 18:24 - Dec 28 with 2356 viewsDr_Winston

Gets it absolutely spot on IMO.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/marcottis-musings/62/post/3027705/swansea-ci

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gabriele Marcotti on 18:34 - Dec 28 with 2224 viewsShonky

No nonsense analysis there. Right decision all the way.

Its just a ride...

Gabriele Marcotti on 18:36 - Dec 28 with 2183 viewsGowerjack

Spot on.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Gabriele Marcotti on 18:58 - Dec 28 with 1999 viewsAl_Bundy

Not sure I agree we have as good as squad as Bournemouth. Can't see beyond Siggy and Fabianski getting in their team. Bournemouth have a far more cohesive squad who will stay up.
Gabriele Marcotti on 19:00 - Dec 28 with 1964 viewsblueytheblue

Bournemouth shouldn't even be in the Prem, bunch of cheats...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:00 - Dec 28 with 1956 viewsjack247

Gabriele Marcotti on 18:58 - Dec 28 by Al_Bundy

Not sure I agree we have as good as squad as Bournemouth. Can't see beyond Siggy and Fabianski getting in their team. Bournemouth have a far more cohesive squad who will stay up.

Man for man we possibly do. What Bournemouth have is a set of players suited to playing a particular way and with each other. We had the same thing until fairly recently.
Gabriele Marcotti on 19:04 - Dec 28 with 1896 viewsjasper_T

Craig Burley's going mental in that vid I love it.
Gabriele Marcotti on 19:06 - Dec 28 with 1869 viewsblueytheblue

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:04 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

Craig Burley's going mental in that vid I love it.

Burley's an idiot for the most part when doing analysis. Think he's gone native or something. Still, he gets paid so he clearly knows what his bosses want from him.

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:08 - Dec 28 with 1837 viewsjasper_T

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:06 - Dec 28 by blueytheblue

Burley's an idiot for the most part when doing analysis. Think he's gone native or something. Still, he gets paid so he clearly knows what his bosses want from him.

He's right there, though. At the end of the day it's results that matter, and the "fans were against Bob from the start" narrative is irrelevant in the face of regular 3 and 4 goal pastings.
Login to get fewer ads

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:10 - Dec 28 with 1807 viewsJango

Gabriele Marcotti on 18:58 - Dec 28 by Al_Bundy

Fabianski wouldn't get in their team
Gabriele Marcotti on 19:12 - Dec 28 with 1783 viewsunion_jack

I'll say this, the current squad is NOT good enough to stay up even with the right manager. Investment in January is essential not optional.

The only way we could stay up is by default I.e. three squads worse than ours which I don't think exist in the PL currently.

The next 5 weeks are critical.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:27 - Dec 28 with 1649 viewsjojaca

Craig Burley should call Rob.

Even when you know, you never know?

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:34 - Dec 28 with 1581 viewsLeonWasGod

Good piece that.

And at last someone eho appreciates the value of judgement based on what we see each match, rather than stats people get of a web site:

"Then there's the simple eye test, which may be deceptive but is very real when making decisions. If you watched Guidolin's Swansea -- both last season, when they rose from 17th to 12th under his stewardship, and this -- you saw a team that ran themselves into the ground, putting in tons of effort and coming close. If you watched Bradley's Swansea, you often either got listless tactical weirdness (the Manchester United game, with Borja Baston and Fernando Llorente as twin target men and Gylfi Sigurdsson of all people as the speedy winger, springs to mind) or a clustered mess of errors (the 5-4 against Crystal Palace is Exhibit A, B, C and D)."

Absoflippinlutely.
Gabriele Marcotti on 19:38 - Dec 28 with 1540 viewssherpajacob

Marcotti is usually a rare sensible voice on talk sport

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:40 - Dec 28 with 1519 viewsCooperman

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:38 - Dec 28 by sherpajacob

Marcotti is usually a rare sensible voice on talk sport

And once again he's planted the hit firmly on the nail.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:53 - Dec 28 with 1425 viewsDafyddHuw

Knows his shit does Gabriele. Always been worth a listen to.
Gabriele Marcotti on 19:56 - Dec 28 with 1404 viewsDafyddHuw

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:00 - Dec 28 by blueytheblue

Bournemouth shouldn't even be in the Prem, bunch of cheats...

Bluey

Well done for all that work you put in on that ridiculous American site (bigsoccer?).
The way you were sticking up for the Swans i'd swear that you're more white than blue/red these days.

Your politics are still shit though.
Gabriele Marcotti on 19:59 - Dec 28 with 1365 viewsblueytheblue

Gabriele Marcotti on 19:56 - Dec 28 by DafyddHuw

Bluey

Well done for all that work you put in on that ridiculous American site (bigsoccer?).
The way you were sticking up for the Swans i'd swear that you're more white than blue/red these days.

Your politics are still shit though.

Banned from there, fella... they reckon I posted "personal attacks". Bunch of clueless muppets.

Some are reasonable though.

EDIT: Apparently, calling someone "Thick as pigshit" is a personal attack.

Bearing in mind I posted that at one particular cretin who seemed to believe Kaplan and Levein buying shares from private individuals meant they'd thus invested money into the club...

Snowflakes, the lot of them. They'd last less than a minute at real games before complaining about bad language...
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 20:47]

Gabriele Marcotti on 20:49 - Dec 28 with 1162 viewsjasper_T

How is "thick as pigshit" not a personal attack?
Gabriele Marcotti on 20:52 - Dec 28 with 1148 viewsblueytheblue

Gabriele Marcotti on 20:49 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

How is "thick as pigshit" not a personal attack?

Well... in all fairness, he was thick as pigshit. Having explained how Kaplan and Levein bought the shares, he still insisted the club had thus had investment.

Personal attack or trying to bring on an epipheny of self-realisation into his own intellectual facilities to try to encourage him to develop... it's all subjective...

Gabriele Marcotti on 21:01 - Dec 28 with 1102 viewsDr_Winston

Gabriele Marcotti on 20:52 - Dec 28 by blueytheblue

Well... in all fairness, he was thick as pigshit. Having explained how Kaplan and Levein bought the shares, he still insisted the club had thus had investment.

Personal attack or trying to bring on an epipheny of self-realisation into his own intellectual facilities to try to encourage him to develop... it's all subjective...

Technically buying shares in something is "investing". No further injection of funds is required to meet the definition.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gabriele Marcotti on 21:04 - Dec 28 with 1065 viewsblueytheblue

Gabriele Marcotti on 21:01 - Dec 28 by Dr_Winston

Technically buying shares in something is "investing". No further injection of funds is required to meet the definition.

Hmm, pedantically it's investing money and / or other resources such as time.

They still, as I pointed out, had put zero money directly into the club.

The guy insisted that by buying the shares, they'd put money into the club.

Gabriele Marcotti on 21:07 - Dec 28 with 1042 viewslonglostjack

Spot on Mr Marcotti.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024