Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial expert?? 20:14 - Dec 29 with 5531 viewsTheFranchise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/29/swansea-still-want-chris-coleman-
Financial expert?? on 20:20 - Dec 29 with 4044 viewsAngelRangelQS

Can't be any worse than what we've been doing
Financial expert?? on 20:24 - Dec 29 with 3997 viewsTheFranchise

I'm in favour of it. Someone with a better grasp of the finance and getting value for money etc. For years we've struggled to get value for our players when the likes of Southampton seem to command top money.
Financial expert?? on 20:28 - Dec 29 with 3936 viewstrampie

I'm not saying there is no place for that type of analysis in helping to pick transfer targets but there are so many variables in football compared to American football, Baseball or Basketball that I would be wary of that approach without it being backed by a football man.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Financial expert?? on 20:30 - Dec 29 with 3910 viewsTheFranchise

Financial expert?? on 20:28 - Dec 29 by trampie

I'm not saying there is no place for that type of analysis in helping to pick transfer targets but there are so many variables in football compared to American football, Baseball or Basketball that I would be wary of that approach without it being backed by a football man.

But as part of a team, surely it's positive? Until this point our club has been run by a vending machine king, a failed business man, a hotel owner and a dutch hooligan.

As someone a football man has to be accountable to, I see it as a good step.
Financial expert?? on 20:33 - Dec 29 with 3873 viewsShonky

...Altman could even claim to have predicted Swansea’s current struggles. After their eighth-place finish and record points return of 56 in the 2014-15 season, he tweeted a message that read: “I've had a look at Swansea City's numbers, and all I can say is, HAHAHAHAHA. Just keep doing what you're doing, Swans, and see how it goes.”

Its just a ride...

Financial expert?? on 20:40 - Dec 29 with 3806 viewsmajorraglan

Financial expert?? on 20:24 - Dec 29 by TheFranchise

I'm in favour of it. Someone with a better grasp of the finance and getting value for money etc. For years we've struggled to get value for our players when the likes of Southampton seem to command top money.

Football is a completely different type of game to the mainstream American sports, but let's face it, the clubs transfer business over the last few windows has hardly been inspiring and if this analysis improves the recruiting then great. Swansea City is not a rich club and money has to be spent wisely.

Southampton appear to be a very well run club, their academy is turning out real talent and their transfer business appears sound. Virgil Van Dijk featured in a newspaper article today which claimed he could be sold for £55m. Their new manager Claude Puel has the club sitting at 8th in the Premier League, which in my opinion is just about the best they could realistically hope for given the size of the 7 clubs above them.

Messrs K and L need to take a good look at the way Southampton FC is runs down implant the best practice at Swansea City.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 20:50]
Financial expert?? on 20:47 - Dec 29 with 3748 viewsstAteSwan

Financial expert?? on 20:33 - Dec 29 by Shonky

...Altman could even claim to have predicted Swansea’s current struggles. After their eighth-place finish and record points return of 56 in the 2014-15 season, he tweeted a message that read: “I've had a look at Swansea City's numbers, and all I can say is, HAHAHAHAHA. Just keep doing what you're doing, Swans, and see how it goes.”

He was right in that regard.

"Moneyball" didn't work well in its tie in to American Football, but has worked real well in baseball over here, which in terms of roster construction is a lot closer to the way a European Football club would build a squad.
Financial expert?? on 20:47 - Dec 29 with 3734 viewsmonmouth

Brentford's entire strategy is based on stats. There was a big splash on it when they canned Warburton. It's sure got them a long way.

We bloody well do need something different though, that's for sure.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Financial expert?? on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 3717 viewsTheFranchise

Huw: We can get this player free if we give him and his agent £10m, then the agent gives us £200k each!

Expert: F*ck off Huw!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 20:50]
Financial expert?? on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 3715 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I wonder what an analysis of our better signings like Rangel, Michu and Britton would have looked like?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Financial expert?? on 20:53 - Dec 29 with 3675 viewspencoedjack

Financial expert?? on 20:30 - Dec 29 by TheFranchise

But as part of a team, surely it's positive? Until this point our club has been run by a vending machine king, a failed business man, a hotel owner and a dutch hooligan.

Who runs our club made me smile .... shame it's true
Financial expert?? on 20:54 - Dec 29 with 3669 viewsTheFranchise

or even.....

Huw: Man City just called, they've offered us £2.99 for Siggy, then £30m in addons.

Expert: You prick!
Financial expert?? on 20:56 - Dec 29 with 3642 viewstrampie

Financial expert?? on 20:30 - Dec 29 by TheFranchise

There is a poster on the other site that does detailed stats the type of things some Yanks love, I asked him if it helps to predict outcomes and answer was basically 'not really', I gave an example of a top penalty taker who might put 90% of his pens to the goalies left but if he sees the goalie going that way he rolls it into the otherside of the goal, a stats man would tell the goalie to go left and the penalty taker would score every time, a football man would say to the goalie to feint to the left and then dive to the right.
There is a place for stats but a good football man would still out do a good stats man in football.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Financial expert?? on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 3462 viewsdobjack2

Financial expert?? on 20:56 - Dec 29 by trampie

There is a poster on the other site that does detailed stats the type of things some Yanks love, I asked him if it helps to predict outcomes and answer was basically 'not really', I gave an example of a top penalty taker who might put 90% of his pens to the goalies left but if he sees the goalie going that way he rolls it into the otherside of the goal, a stats man would tell the goalie to go left and the penalty taker would score every time, a football man would say to the goalie to feint to the left and then dive to the right.
There is a place for stats but a good football man would still out do a good stats man in football.

I suppose those stats work better on sports that are a series of set plays.
Financial expert?? on 21:38 - Dec 29 with 3445 viewsLoyal

Obviously a cnt as well then.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Financial expert?? on 21:49 - Dec 29 with 3400 viewsLeonWasGod

Financial expert?? on 20:24 - Dec 29 by TheFranchise

To be able to evaluate value for money you need an understanding of the quality of the product. This guy has no knowledge of the product. Accountants running the show is not a good move imo, we need someone who understands football. Just my view, but I still think the Americans think they can run us purely from a business perspective. Yes, it's important to manage the finances but the finances shouldn't manage the team.
Financial expert?? on 22:35 - Dec 29 with 3261 viewsGowerjack

What donwe have to lose?

I mean it's not as if Judas Jenkins has pulled upmany trees lately is it?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Financial expert?? on 22:43 - Dec 29 with 3218 viewstrampie

Curt is a football man and i heard he thinks that we need players in the transfer window with leadership qualities.

Financial expert?? on 22:51 - Dec 29 with 3176 viewsGeoffThom

What the feck happened to watching a player playing ?and knowledge of players feck me you couldn't make this up ,Jesus his stats might look good but as a person or teammate be a right arsehole that disrupts everything !
Financial expert?? on 22:54 - Dec 29 with 3160 viewsmonmouth

Financial expert?? on 22:51 - Dec 29 by GeoffThom

What the feck happened to watching a player playing ?and knowledge of players feck me you couldn't make this up ,Jesus his stats might look good but as a person or teammate be a right arsehole that disrupts everything !

This guy claims to look at teams. Have a read of the spiel. I'm certainly very sceptical but I have to say it is intriguing even if it is all snake oil.

Financial expert?? on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 3128 viewstrampie

Financial expert?? on 22:54 - Dec 29 by monmouth

This guy claims to look at teams. Have a read of the spiel. I'm certainly very sceptical but I have to say it is intriguing even if it is all snake oil.

What would he have made of some Italian teams back in the day playing Catenaccio ?, men behind the ball, hitting teams on the break, not many shots, not many goals, often not lots of possession, yet they were successful for many years.

Financial expert?? on 23:07 - Dec 29 with 3094 viewsLeonWasGod

Financial expert?? on 22:43 - Dec 29 by trampie

Curt is a football man and i heard he thinks that we need players in the transfer window with leadership qualities.

Bit of a 'no shi*t Sherlock' comment by Curt, but it's long overdue as we know it's true. Nice to see someone speaking some sense at last.
Financial expert?? on 23:08 - Dec 29 with 3088 viewsmonmouth

Financial expert?? on 23:02 - Dec 29 by trampie

What would he have made of some Italian teams back in the day playing Catenaccio ?, men behind the ball, hitting teams on the break, not many shots, not many goals, often not lots of possession, yet they were successful for many years.

I don't know what he does. I'm not promoting it, I said it was intriguing, not effective. We'll soon see anyway. January could be interesting.

Here we go, for anyone interested. Snake oil ltd.

http://www.northyardanalytics.com/nya-product-offerings.php

Financial expert?? on 23:15 - Dec 29 with 3065 viewslondonlisa2001

God knows we could do with some financial rigour in our dealings, but I'd love to think a 'financial expert' could understand the impact of a 14 month set of accounts given the way football finances work. Massive distortion in the accounts ended 31 July 2015. This year's (due in April) will be far more illuminating.
Financial expert?? on 23:39 - Dec 29 with 2988 viewsDewi1jack

Analytics could go a long way to helping our people who understand football and the game's needs (and wants) as well as help the scouting network out by them not wasting time flying out to see players who only perform 1 game in 10.

Pity really.
We have very few people who understand football and our chief scout gives us N'gog

So in the above opening statement, that's Curt talking to an accountant then

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024