Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We love Curt don't we like... 14:35 - Jan 3 with 1854 viewsmorningstar

But anyone agree that it's not really a good idea to state in a pre match press conference that as soon as we concede the confidence drains from our players! Shouldn't he be making some sort of effort to portray some sort of positivity instead of one of impending doom?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 14:36]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

We love Curt don't we like... on 14:43 - Jan 3 with 1787 viewsandypitt56

why beat around the bush when its glaring obvious that we implode when the opposition scores?
We love Curt don't we like... on 14:51 - Jan 3 with 1710 viewsBytholWyn

Couldn't agree more morningstar.

I can't help wonder whether it was really such a good idea to get rid of Ian Mitchell - who worked wonders with Chris Coleman - and turned him from a bit of a moaner to a manager who delivered consistent upbeat, positive messages. Perhaps Clement will appreciate the value of a psychologist given his personal history and awareness of mental health issues. Not that Ian Mitchell is a typical couch psychologist - but players and management alike can do with psychological fine-tuning to get that marginal advantage.
We love Curt don't we like... on 15:02 - Jan 3 with 1652 viewsmorningstar

We love Curt don't we like... on 14:51 - Jan 3 by BytholWyn

I can't help wonder whether it was really such a good idea to get rid of Ian Mitchell - who worked wonders with Chris Coleman - and turned him from a bit of a moaner to a manager who delivered consistent upbeat, positive messages. Perhaps Clement will appreciate the value of a psychologist given his personal history and awareness of mental health issues. Not that Ian Mitchell is a typical couch psychologist - but players and management alike can do with psychological fine-tuning to get that marginal advantage.

Excellent post mate. Whetever the situation is we should be displaying an outwardly positive mental attitude, especially from the gaffer! Why tell the opposition, and indeed his own players that they're mentally shot to be pieces!

We love Curt don't we like... on 15:08 - Jan 3 with 1591 viewsFlashberryjack

We love Curt don't we like... on 15:02 - Jan 3 by morningstar

Excellent post mate. Whetever the situation is we should be displaying an outwardly positive mental attitude, especially from the gaffer! Why tell the opposition, and indeed his own players that they're mentally shot to be pieces!

Didn't Shearer and co mention it on MOD, lets hope Fat Sam wasn't watching, because I bet he wouldn't have noticed how we fall apart after conceding.

Fat f*cking Sam.......every f*cking manager in the PL knows it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

We love Curt don't we like... on 15:13 - Jan 3 with 1551 viewsmorningstar

We love Curt don't we like... on 15:08 - Jan 3 by Flashberryjack

Didn't Shearer and co mention it on MOD, lets hope Fat Sam wasn't watching, because I bet he wouldn't have noticed how we fall apart after conceding.

Fat f*cking Sam.......every f*cking manager in the PL knows it.

It's not the point Flash, whatever anyone thinks/knows, the last thing you should be doing is stating it yourself. He's telling the whole world and his own players that they're beaten before they go out onto the pitch!

We love Curt don't we like... on 15:41 - Jan 3 with 1436 viewsswanseajack4eva

Yep exactly ... Curtis is a legend but not manager material ... but valuable as a member of a management team.
We love Curt don't we like... on 16:01 - Jan 3 with 1339 viewsunion_jack

We love Curt don't we like... on 15:13 - Jan 3 by morningstar

It's not the point Flash, whatever anyone thinks/knows, the last thing you should be doing is stating it yourself. He's telling the whole world and his own players that they're beaten before they go out onto the pitch!

I think he is saying to the players "go out there and prove me wrong".

They all know what Curtis said is the truth as does everyone else and their dog. Prove him wrong, simple.

If you want to hear a manager have a go at his squad, listen to Warnock 2 or 3 games ago. They seem to have responded reasonably well.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

We love Curt don't we like... on 17:10 - Jan 3 with 1181 viewsFlashberryjack

Could be a bit of reverse Psychology........bit like you calling me a good poster

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

We love Curt don't we like... on 17:24 - Jan 3 with 1109 viewsmonmouth

If you tell someone they lack confidence and they repeat it themselves like Taylor has, they will all believe it and guess what....lack confidence. Far better to say 'we are much better than the form we are showing and we will be busting a gut to confidently show that on Tuesday.'

The subconscious is infinitely more powerful than the conscious mind and you tell someone that they lack something at your peril. It goes in deep and you don't know it's there.

As an aside, not popular, but Curt and Williams should be waved goodbye now. Circumstances have meant that Curt has been part of developing that losing mentality and a fresh start and line drawn is required. Retire a legend with head held high. One of my all time heroes. Edit or I think someone said be club ambassador...I can't think of a better one if he really wants to stick around, but if anyone's done his bit and deserves some me time, it's mr Curtis.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 17:39]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We love Curt don't we like... on 17:29 - Jan 3 with 1073 viewsBoot

Makes no difference really, every man and his dog realises that!
We love Curt don't we like... on 17:42 - Jan 3 with 1025 viewsmorningstar

We love Curt don't we like... on 17:10 - Jan 3 by Flashberryjack

Could be a bit of reverse Psychology........bit like you calling me a good poster

Exactly, me telling you that you were a good poster may or may not encourage you to post more. On the other hand, how would you feel about posting freely if everybody here was constantly telling you how crap a poster you were?

Tell someone they're good and they may get better, tell them they're bad and they will get worse.

We love Curt don't we like... on 17:52 - Jan 3 with 981 viewsFlashberryjack

We love Curt don't we like... on 17:42 - Jan 3 by morningstar

Exactly, me telling you that you were a good poster may or may not encourage you to post more. On the other hand, how would you feel about posting freely if everybody here was constantly telling you how crap a poster you were?

Tell someone they're good and they may get better, tell them they're bad and they will get worse.

You can call me a good or bad poster.......I'd still be sh*te, bit like some of our players.

Hello

We love Curt don't we like... on 19:01 - Jan 3 with 830 viewsLeonWasGod

I hope none of them ever look on here. Christ knows what they'd think.
We love Curt don't we like... on 19:13 - Jan 3 with 764 viewsmorningstar

We love Curt don't we like... on 19:01 - Jan 3 by LeonWasGod

Fair point!

We love Curt don't we like... on 19:20 - Jan 3 with 721 viewsSwansNZ

We love Curt don't we like... on 19:01 - Jan 3 by LeonWasGod

Taylor must be a regular visitor to the site.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

We love Curt don't we like... on 20:18 - Jan 3 with 623 viewsLeonWasGod

We love Curt don't we like... on 14:51 - Jan 3 by BytholWyn

Great post. We need every edge we can get and positive attitudes and habits have to benpart of it.
We love Curt don't we like... on 20:32 - Jan 3 with 582 viewsMurph75

We love Curt don't we like... on 19:20 - Jan 3 by SwansNZ

Taylor must be a regular visitor to the site.

If you are Neil and you happen to read this please can you start playing the ball forward to someone in the same coloured shirt as yourself.

If I see another backwards or sideways pass again I'm going to find out where you live and saw your feet off.
We love Curt don't we like... on 22:28 - Jan 3 with 496 viewsTNT

Memories of Curt in the 70's, he'd feign one way and go the other. He's made a mug of many.

Well done tonight Curt. You Jack Bastard!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024