Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let it Shine 20:43 - Jan 7 with 3179 viewsLord_Bony

aankers

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Let it Shine on 20:46 - Jan 7 with 2389 viewslifelong

Aaway.
Let it Shine on 22:33 - Jan 7 with 2328 viewsCountyJim

The young lad from Neath was excellent
Let it Shine on 23:15 - Jan 7 with 2289 viewsmax936

Let it Shine on 22:33 - Jan 7 by CountyJim

The young lad from Neath was excellent

Got ewer power back on then Jimbo?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Let it Shine on 23:42 - Jan 7 with 2265 viewsCountyJim

Let it Shine on 23:15 - Jan 7 by max936

Got ewer power back on then Jimbo?

Yes cheers for the advice mate
Let it Shine on 06:46 - Jan 8 with 2195 viewsLord_Bony

Just watched this on bbc iplayer...OMFG...the UK has sunk to an all time low in television

(unless you are a 14 year old schoolgirl or a big Gary Barlow fan,I suspect there are quite a few closet cases on here).

Where do they find these cretins from.

Does the BBC not realise the UK is absolutely bursting with fresh new talent,on a level much ,much higher than what we re served up here.

It just needs a little bit of hard work and a good team of talent scouts to find it.

Come on like issit? Absolute tripe, I shan't be watching again. In fact I ve a good mind to write to the complaints department at the BBC.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Let it Shine on 06:57 - Jan 8 with 2185 viewsJackfath

Let it Shine on 06:46 - Jan 8 by Lord_Bony

Just watched this on bbc iplayer...OMFG...the UK has sunk to an all time low in television

(unless you are a 14 year old schoolgirl or a big Gary Barlow fan,I suspect there are quite a few closet cases on here).

Where do they find these cretins from.

Does the BBC not realise the UK is absolutely bursting with fresh new talent,on a level much ,much higher than what we re served up here.

It just needs a little bit of hard work and a good team of talent scouts to find it.

Come on like issit? Absolute tripe, I shan't be watching again. In fact I ve a good mind to write to the complaints department at the BBC.

What were you expecting given the hosts and format of the show? Surely as an intelligent adult male you'd have realised it wasn't for you and used your time more productively.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Let it Shine on 08:25 - Jan 8 with 2145 viewsLord_Bony

I m afraid I had no choice..I was forced to watch it .

Let it Shine on 09:57 - Jan 8 with 2057 viewsexiledclaseboy

6.2m viewers. More than The Voice on ITV at the same time so the BBC will be happy despite Lord Bony's disapproval.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Let it Shine on 10:11 - Jan 8 with 2037 viewsblueytheblue

Overnight ratings aren't always the best way of seeing viewership given the advances in the ways people watch stuff these days. Going off the first episode also introduces potential errors in terms on long termism given most people will watch the first one then decide if they want to continue watching it.

I won't the singing was dreadful, gullible public believing those appearing and being featured haven't been specifically chosen and given backstories. There have always been ringers - people with existing careers and agents invited to appear. Nothing I saw last night indicates they've not been doing the same thing.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Let it Shine on 10:18 - Jan 8 with 2028 viewsexiledclaseboy

Let it Shine on 10:11 - Jan 8 by blueytheblue

Overnight ratings aren't always the best way of seeing viewership given the advances in the ways people watch stuff these days. Going off the first episode also introduces potential errors in terms on long termism given most people will watch the first one then decide if they want to continue watching it.

I won't the singing was dreadful, gullible public believing those appearing and being featured haven't been specifically chosen and given backstories. There have always been ringers - people with existing careers and agents invited to appear. Nothing I saw last night indicates they've not been doing the same thing.

I agree about overnights but catch up viewing tends to benefit BBC shows more than ITV ones. And The Voice suffered ratings wise on the BBC, not sure why ITV thought the exact same format would fare any better there. Also, the early blind auditions gimmick on The Voice tended to do better ratings wise than the later live shows so ITV will be annoyed at the figures coming off the ratings shellacking Strictly handed The X Factor for three months at the arse end of 2016 ( and 2015, 2014 etc). I watched Let it Shine because I don't tend to watch ITV much anyway. It's a bog standard talent show so beloved of all the networks these days. Unremarkable but not offensive.

Let it Shine on 10:24 - Jan 8 with 2018 viewsblueytheblue

Still say it's too early with regard to Let it Shine or The Voice.

I suspect Let it Shine will definitely lose ratings on a weekly basis. Didn't watch the Voice, but a mate was saying he just think it needs to hit it's stride. The other "factor" is that ITV are remarkably good at generating controversy within their "reality" shows - either having frauds get deep into the competition such as Honey G or dubious decisions being made. Controversy tends to increase ratings unless it's a clear and blatant fix.

I just ended up putting Food Network on instead whilst waiting for the NFL playoffs...

Let it Shine on 10:31 - Jan 8 with 2003 viewsexiledclaseboy

Let it Shine on 10:24 - Jan 8 by blueytheblue

Still say it's too early with regard to Let it Shine or The Voice.

I suspect Let it Shine will definitely lose ratings on a weekly basis. Didn't watch the Voice, but a mate was saying he just think it needs to hit it's stride. The other "factor" is that ITV are remarkably good at generating controversy within their "reality" shows - either having frauds get deep into the competition such as Honey G or dubious decisions being made. Controversy tends to increase ratings unless it's a clear and blatant fix.

I just ended up putting Food Network on instead whilst waiting for the NFL playoffs...

Well the X Factor's Honey G and other controversies didn't help its ratings, which were the worst it's ever had. Last night's was the lowest rating first show ever for The Voice and its ratings only tend to go down as the series progresses so we'll have to wait and see. I suspect both shows will rate lower next week but the shows the BBC has around Let it Shine will help it to stay ahead of The Voice. ITV's ratings dropped by about 4m after The Voice finished last night. The BBC's only by about 2m.

Let it Shine on 10:48 - Jan 8 with 1973 viewsmax936

Let it Shine on 10:31 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

Well the X Factor's Honey G and other controversies didn't help its ratings, which were the worst it's ever had. Last night's was the lowest rating first show ever for The Voice and its ratings only tend to go down as the series progresses so we'll have to wait and see. I suspect both shows will rate lower next week but the shows the BBC has around Let it Shine will help it to stay ahead of The Voice. ITV's ratings dropped by about 4m after The Voice finished last night. The BBC's only by about 2m.

There's far to much samey shows on Tele these days, reality TV as taken over, long gone are the days of the likes of John Sullivan and his ilk sadly, same can be said about terrestrial TVs ability to source and screen a decent film.

Taboo looked promising though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Let it Shine on 11:50 - Jan 8 with 1912 viewsexiledclaseboy

Let it Shine on 10:48 - Jan 8 by max936

There's far to much samey shows on Tele these days, reality TV as taken over, long gone are the days of the likes of John Sullivan and his ilk sadly, same can be said about terrestrial TVs ability to source and screen a decent film.

Taboo looked promising though.

Who's John Sullivan?

Let it Shine on 11:52 - Jan 8 with 1909 viewsLord_Bony

Bring back The Old Grey Whistle Test I says....that's where the real talent was cultivated...

Let it Shine on 11:53 - Jan 8 with 1905 viewsMurph75

Let it Shine on 11:50 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

Who's John Sullivan?

He's only responsible for some of the best sitcoms to ever grace the TV screens of these shores.

You had the cheek to call me thick the other day.
Let it Shine on 11:55 - Jan 8 with 1898 viewsJackfath

Isn't it incredible that grown men who are intelligent are complaining that the tv programmes provided aren't able to entertain them and they aren't up to standard.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 12:01]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Let it Shine on 11:57 - Jan 8 with 1894 viewsLord_Bony

Hear hear

Let it Shine on 12:04 - Jan 8 with 1871 viewslifelong

I enjoy programs that give young people the opportunity to show off their talents and make a name for themselves.
Let it Shine on 12:05 - Jan 8 with 1864 viewsblueytheblue

Let it Shine on 12:04 - Jan 8 by lifelong

I enjoy programs that give young people the opportunity to show off their talents and make a name for themselves.

You think that's what these are?

Let it Shine on 12:05 - Jan 8 with 1864 viewsMurph75

Well said. Even gives the oldies a crack at the same time.
Let it Shine on 12:07 - Jan 8 with 1856 viewsJackfath

I guess you're able to pigeon hole what the concepts are and really not worry or get upset about it all.

Let it Shine on 12:13 - Jan 8 with 1837 viewsLord_Bony

Let it Shine on 12:05 - Jan 8 by blueytheblue

Well said.

The REAL talent of this country doesn't get a look in,it's generally ignored and swept to one side.

Prime time viewing could be so much better than watching these stars of the karaoke being given so much attention.

Remember the main aim of this show is to add a few more million to the coffers of Gary Barlow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Let it Shine on 12:15 - Jan 8 with 1829 viewsMurph75

Let it Shine on 12:05 - Jan 8 by blueytheblue

Your team are live on TV and you're talking about talent show TV programmes on a Swansea City forum.

Bizarre.
Let it Shine on 12:17 - Jan 8 with 1824 viewsblueytheblue

Let it Shine on 12:15 - Jan 8 by Murph75

Your team are live on TV and you're talking about talent show TV programmes on a Swansea City forum.

Bizarre.

Unable to go to the game today. When I rarely miss games, I avoid them completely. I'd only get annoyed at missing a game otherwise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024