Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darran Planet Swans 24/7 10:37 - Jan 8 with 22566 viewsplanetswansadmin

[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 22:01]
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:28 - Jan 8 with 1991 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 17:53 - Jan 8 by Matlock_Jack

I said on here before that money needs spending on fresh injection into this team, not just on former players who were far from tremendous last time and AFAIK we weren't in a relegation fight then.

I wouldn't be at all surprised however to see him sign.

The trouble with what you write is no one gives a monkeys as to what you say or think.

Hope this helps?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:45 - Jan 8 with 1932 viewsAngelRangelQS

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 17:24 - Jan 8 by 34dfgdf54

Because I think he's rubbish, what do you want me to say? Brilliant news, we are signing someone who will bring very little to the squad, for more cost.

As Clement has said, If we can't find players that can improve the starting XI, then there isn't much point. In my opinion, he doesn't. No point bringing in players for the sake of bringing in players.

I didn't necessarily mean you specifically but I think that he's got some potential.

A young player who can play a bit, from one of the top teams in the league, on the fringes of their side last season, experience of playing PL football, in a position where we've been weak all season...

I don't know what sort of player people expect us to be in for?
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:50 - Jan 8 with 1900 viewsFlashberryjack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:54 - Jan 8 by Watchman

Lazy recruitment if true! Also if he is thinking about it then he is not the man for us

The boil needs to be lanced and familiar faces need to go

"Lazy recruitment"

Nail on the head.
There must be a reason why we have no competition for his signature.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:51 - Jan 8 with 1899 viewsunion_jack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 17:29 - Jan 8 by pencoedjack

Harry Winks is ahead of Carroll in the Spurs squad he's obviously gone backwards

Big no from me unless we are planning for championship football next season

We've definitely got one eye on it.

Sensible to be honest because chances of survival this year are not in our favour.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:57 - Jan 8 with 1857 viewsFlashberryjack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:51 - Jan 8 by union_jack

We've definitely got one eye on it.

Sensible to be honest because chances of survival this year are not in our favour.

I agree, Carroll is a sensible signing if we're planning for the championship, but an absolute disaster if we want to stay in thE PL.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:01 - Jan 8 with 1825 viewsJackBaston

The amount of fans we have who want players of the calibre of Mitrovic, Brady and Carroll is baffling

Carroll hasnt featured at all for Tottenham this season, not even in cup games
Winks, whos 4 years his junior, has been featuring more for them

And all this crap about potential,
1) hes 24, 25 in a couple of months, if he hasnt reached it, or close to it by now, why would he ever?
2) We dont need players who may be good in the future, we need players who'll do a job now, Premiership quality
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:01 - Jan 8 with 1819 viewsLandore_Jack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:57 - Jan 8 by Flashberryjack

I agree, Carroll is a sensible signing if we're planning for the championship, but an absolute disaster if we want to stay in thE PL.

The biggest problem is attracting lucrative players to a club that is being threatened by relegation.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 19:03]

#backtojack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:06 - Jan 8 with 1791 viewsJango

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:01 - Jan 8 by JackBaston

The amount of fans we have who want players of the calibre of Mitrovic, Brady and Carroll is baffling

1) hes 24, 25 in a couple of months, if he hasnt reached it, or close to it by now, why would he ever?
2) We dont need players who may be good in the future, we need players who'll do a job now, Premiership quality

He featured a lot more for spurs last season than joe Allen did for a far worse Liverpool team yet our fans still haven't shut up about missing out on signing him. The reason he hasn't featured is probably do with the fact they've got Dembele, Dier, Wanyama, alli and Eriksen to contend with.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 19:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:09 - Jan 8 with 1758 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:06 - Jan 8 by Jango

He featured a lot more for spurs last season than joe Allen did for a far worse Liverpool team yet our fans still haven't shut up about missing out on signing him. The reason he hasn't featured is probably do with the fact they've got Dembele, Dier, Wanyama, alli and Eriksen to contend with.

What a post!!!

Shut him up there!!

Cracker.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:10 - Jan 8 with 1751 viewsBournedore

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:01 - Jan 8 by Landore_Jack

The biggest problem is attracting lucrative players to a club that is being threatened by relegation.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 19:03]

Yep. Need to target loan deals with massive bonuses if we stay up...
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:11 - Jan 8 with 1740 viewsJackBaston

No he didnt?
27 apps for Tottenham compared to Allens 37 for Liverpool

In the summer fine, but now? when he hasnt played a top flight game (league or cup) for 7 months?
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:11 - Jan 8 with 1736 viewsJackBaston

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:09 - Jan 8 by TheResurrection

What a post!!!

Shut him up there!!

Cracker.

Hardly when the post is incorrect and Harry Winks is above him in the pecking order
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:13 - Jan 8 with 1717 viewsshandyjack

worth the gamble in my opinion, if we stay up with him great(given there is no guarantee if we signed better than him at more cost), if we don't then he will be an assest in the championship

Poll: Expectation for the season

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:27 - Jan 8 with 1636 viewsWxmJax

You missed out the fact that he was Tottenham's top scorer by a country mile last season whereas Joe couldn't hit a barn door and probably never will.

People have seen both these play for Swansea and know who they'd rather have here.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:40 - Jan 8 with 1580 viewsJango

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:27 - Jan 8 by WxmJax

You missed out the fact that he was Tottenham's top scorer by a country mile last season whereas Joe couldn't hit a barn door and probably never will.

People have seen both these play for Swansea and know who they'd rather have here.

I'd rather have Toni Kroos but, like Allen, it's not happening.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:40 - Jan 8 with 1579 viewsAngelRangelQS

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:01 - Jan 8 by JackBaston

What sort of calibre players should we be going for then?
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:41 - Jan 8 with 1579 views34dfgdf54

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:09 - Jan 8 by TheResurrection

What a post!!!

Shut him up there!!

Cracker.

Ummm. No it's not, because it's incorrect.

Cracker.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:48 - Jan 8 with 1524 viewspencoedjack

You forgot Winks a young 20 year old who Spurs have put ahead of Carroll

The players you mention are not in direct competition with Carroll either

You are not serious about comparing Carroll with Allen .... straight question which would you rather sign ?
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:49 - Jan 8 with 1510 viewsAngelRangelQS

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:48 - Jan 8 by pencoedjack

You are not serious about comparing Carroll with Allen .... straight question which would you rather sign ?

Is Allen available then?
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:52 - Jan 8 with 1473 viewsbarry_island

Looked a bit Buzz Lightweight when he was here last. Not impressed with either him or Mason. Surely our extensive team of scouts have spotted better in one of the Falkirk sides.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:55 - Jan 8 with 2374 viewsJackBaston

Allen WAS
thats the point
and was only 12 mil
Carroll wont be much cheaper
Ryan Mason was 13 mil

Id rather let Clement find someone or get in a loan
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:55 - Jan 8 with 2363 viewsLandore_Jack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:40 - Jan 8 by AngelRangelQS

What sort of calibre players should we be going for then?

Bojan Krkic is available. Would you take him from Stoke?

#backtojack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:57 - Jan 8 with 2352 viewsAngelRangelQS

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:55 - Jan 8 by JackBaston

Allen WAS
thats the point
and was only 12 mil
Carroll wont be much cheaper
Ryan Mason was 13 mil

Id rather let Clement find someone or get in a loan

Well yes we should have signed him in the summer. You won't find me arguing with that.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:59 - Jan 8 with 2329 viewsAngelRangelQS

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:55 - Jan 8 by Landore_Jack

Bojan Krkic is available. Would you take him from Stoke?

Absolutely. I'd love us to sign Bojan. He'll have to want to come here though which I doubt he will.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 20:09 - Jan 8 with 2289 viewsJango

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:48 - Jan 8 by pencoedjack

I am comparing because Carrol had a similar impact in a stronger spurs team as Allen did at Liverpool. Neither are good enough for a regular starting spot for one of the top teams but would be excellent players for a team like us. If it wasn't for allens tournament for Wales nobody outside of Swansea would have fancied signing him this summer. Im sure if Carrol was welsh he'd have made an impact on people in the summer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024