Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities 13:18 - Jan 8 with 15801 viewsStarsky

Can someone explain to me why both of the above couldn't have been incorporated at just Landore.
I assume that there are numerous staff (catering, kit, maintenance etc) at both sites.

Wouldn't it have been better to keep it all at Landore... right next to the Liberty?

It's just the internet, init.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:19 - Jan 8 with 7237 viewsairedale

They want to keep the first team away from peepers.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:23 - Jan 8 with 7229 viewsgazza_1234

Prying eyes apparently.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:24 - Jan 8 with 7221 viewsStarsky

How many staff are employed at both sites that could be reduced by rationalisation?

BTW I'm not trying to criticise the club for this, I'm just interested in the decision that's all.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:25 - Jan 8 with 7214 viewsStarsky

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:23 - Jan 8 by gazza_1234

Prying eyes apparently.

It doesn't seem to have helped?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:26 - Jan 8 with 7200 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

One of the most important builds of us being in the premier league .

Great decision by the club

Don't knock it

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:27 - Jan 8 with 7192 viewsShonky

https://www.google.com/earth/

Its just a ride...

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:45 - Jan 8 with 7106 viewsStarsky

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:26 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Don't knock it

Tommy... read it again. Curious that's all

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:45 - Jan 8 with 7102 viewsStarsky

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:27 - Jan 8 by Shonky

https://www.google.com/earth/

Excellent

Login to get fewer ads

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:48 - Jan 8 with 7081 viewsKilkennyjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:26 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Don't knock it

Rubbish.

It may have been built for some reasons other than football...?
Its provided 'jobs for the boys'.
Its collected many players from Scotland instead of developing local talent through hard work.
Of course it should be all in a single location. Madness.

Its cost us multi millions per year that could have been used on our first team players, or expanding the liberty.

It is produced no players at all for our first team.
None in the squad vs Hull yesterday.

Its the elephant in the room.

Be interesting to see how relegation impacts it.

Beware of the Risen People

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:50 - Jan 8 with 7070 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:48 - Jan 8 by Kilkennyjack

Rubbish.

Its collected many players from Scotland instead of developing local talent through hard work.

Its cost us multi millions per year that could have been used on our first team players, or expanding the liberty.

I like your posts normally kenney

But by f@ck that's a f@cking dreadful post fair play .

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:55 - Jan 8 with 7043 viewsStarsky

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:48 - Jan 8 by Kilkennyjack

Rubbish.

The Academy ironically will be more important to us if we drop down the leagues.
We will produce more players suitable for the lower leagues with the odd diamond good enough for Premier league.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:03 - Jan 8 with 7005 viewsShonky

I recommend reading " How to find your arse with both hands" by Reginald Tractor.

Its just a ride...

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:27 - Jan 8 with 6909 viewsStarsky

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:03 - Jan 8 by Shonky

I recommend reading " How to find your arse with both hands" by Reginald Tractor.

You could just join in the debate without trying to be so clever, Captn

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:29 - Jan 8 with 6893 viewsmonmouth

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:27 - Jan 8 by Starsky

You could just join in the debate without trying to be so clever, Captn

That is a useful book mind. I had one for Christmas.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:34 - Jan 8 with 6869 viewsBanosswan

Nowhere near enough space for both at Landore?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:48 - Jan 8 with 6826 viewsKilkennyjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:34 - Jan 8 by Banosswan

Of course not, it should all have been built in one place that could accommodate it all.

Near M4 ?

Could not have got it more badly wrong if you actually set out to get it wrong. Mad.

Beware of the Risen People

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:49 - Jan 8 with 6815 viewsGowerjack

No can't see that.

The 1st team probably only train for a couple of hours a day at most.

In the mornings when the kids are in school.

The truth is there is a lot of money to be made out of the building works especially if you happen to own a building contractor....

And it's still going on.

Have a butchers at this planning application for a "Welsh Barn" to keep the tractors in at Fairwood

http://property.swansea.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeT

its very big just to keep tractors in 32m x 17m.

And everything at Fairwood is duplicated at Landore.

Go figure....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:23 - Jan 8 with 6609 viewsSwanjaxs

But plenty of space at Fairwood...... something like 9 pitches..... the academy should have been incorporated there..... but again as someone has already said jobs for the boys.... who's building firm was heavily involved in both projects again? 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:30 - Jan 8 with 6555 viewspremierjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:23 - Jan 8 by Swanjaxs

But plenty of space at Fairwood...... something like 9 pitches..... the academy should have been incorporated there..... but again as someone has already said jobs for the boys.... who's building firm was heavily involved in both projects again? 🤔

They want to keep the first team separate for any of the academy sides!

I've seen 10year old academy kids being told they can't watch the first team train for 10 minutes when they were both down landore and the kids were leaving after a meeting!
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:48 - Jan 8 with 6479 viewsDewi1jack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:49 - Jan 8 by Gowerjack

No can't see that.

The 1st team probably only train for a couple of hours a day at most.

In the mornings when the kids are in school.

The truth is there is a lot of money to be made out of the building works especially if you happen to own a building contractor....

And it's still going on.

Have a butchers at this planning application for a "Welsh Barn" to keep the tractors in at Fairwood

http://property.swansea.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeT

its very big just to keep tractors in 32m x 17m.

And everything at Fairwood is duplicated at Landore.

Go figure....

Just had a gander at that planning application and the Gower society ( Nice one. Your own fanclub? ) aren't very happy at all

2016_3525_FUL-COMMENT_-_THE_GOWER_SOCIETY-616544 (1)

Build size too big for stated purpose.
Wrong colours for an AONB
Industrial sized factory building
SCAFC totally taking the mickey, especially with the Planning problems of Landore (Industrial area)
2nd or 3rd application for barn building in the same area (more than 1 to be built)

"5. We presume that the existing accommodation for tractors and the like is the 'American Barn ' that is subject to Application 2016/3528"

Which company employs the architect/ designer and which company is doing the build?
Because it looks like they're making a ballsup of applying for a build in an area of Natural beauty.

Wonder if the barns will need 2nd/ 3rd storey extensions just as the roof goes on like the academy.
Very unfortunate oversight that was.
It was a far cheaper option for the club to build a 2/3 floor building then put the roof on than remove and replace a full roof to build another storey

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:53 - Jan 8 with 6451 viewsmorningstar

Academies, training facilities down the Gower! Ha! Say what you like, the way our club is going they'll all be training on the beach again within 3 years!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:05 - Jan 8 with 6399 viewsjohnlangy

Fairwood is huge in comparison. There are about six full size pitches not to mention facilities built/to be built that simply couldn't be built at Landore because of lack of space.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:11 - Jan 8 with 6373 viewsPawelAbbott

Drop down the divisions and at least one of these will be mothballed.
We had crap facilities before for a reason, we couldn't afford them.
The number of staff required to run these things is crazy. Try doing that on 12,000 season tickets and no TV money.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:21 - Jan 8 with 6321 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Facking hell I know we are at logger heads with the sell outs but this thread is facking off the scale .
Again heard none of this nonsense when it was happening , in fact it was applauded .

Refer the under 23's

Pack it in for F@ck sake .

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:26 - Jan 8 with 6289 viewsmorningstar

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:21 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Facking hell I know we are at logger heads with the sell outs but this thread is facking off the scale .
Again heard none of this nonsense when it was happening , in fact it was applauded .

Refer the under 23's

Pack it in for F@ck sake .

So you think we'll be able to run both if we go down then Tom? Nothing to do with the sell outs mate, just basic finances.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024