Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? 21:36 - Jan 8 with 2738 viewsspiderboy

I know a lot depends on the window,but with a couple of decent signings is anyone prepared to forecast on the final outcome,considering a slight lift in the ' feel good factor' now that bobby joe has gone and the man from munich has sat down in his seat?
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 21:54 - Jan 8 with 1848 viewsMatlock_Jack

As you say, it depends on the window and we have some difficult fixtures upcoming, so whoever we bring in, needs to literally hit the ground running and remain that way, for the length of their loan/end of season.

Other sides will strengthen; it's do or die now, you can't say... 'plenty of games left to play', (half the season gone) ..'or see where we are at Christmas', (anymore)

Yes there are games remaining, but plenty of games gone too and we didn't do very much with them comparatively.

We have a poorly performing team, with some glaring deficiencies. If they're addressed and corrected, I feel we have a chance. If not, then we simply wait for the Championship trapdoor.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 22:06 - Jan 8 with 1813 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I've considered us relegated for at least a month. If by some miracle we avoid the drop, it really will be a 'great escape' to rival the 2002/3 season.

We're a perfect storm of ineptitude this season, and that only leads one way.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 22:40 - Jan 8 with 1759 viewsshandyjack

i can't see anything but relegation, we need to much surgery to the squad

Poll: Expectation for the season

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 22:41 - Jan 8 with 1758 viewsspiderboy

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 22:06 - Jan 8 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I've considered us relegated for at least a month. If by some miracle we avoid the drop, it really will be a 'great escape' to rival the 2002/3 season.

We're a perfect storm of ineptitude this season, and that only leads one way.

Yes,it feels somewhat cruel to give us a bit of hope when we all could have been wallowing in self pity by now if bob hadnt gone. Would have been easier just to moan and accept the championship,but now pc,s on board i cant help to feel a certain amount of optimism,which will make the hit double hard if the swans tumble down a division.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 07:23 - Jan 9 with 1623 viewsnierika

I know we can finish ahead of Hull and Sunderland but we have to find one more.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 07:27 - Jan 9 with 1617 viewsbuilthjack

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 07:23 - Jan 9 by nierika

I know we can finish ahead of Hull and Sunderland but we have to find one more.

Fat Sams band

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 07:50 - Jan 9 with 1578 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'm not sure we need a lot of re-enforcements in January. 3 quality players in the key positions and we may have enough to stay up.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 08:01 - Jan 9 with 1558 viewsClinton

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 07:27 - Jan 9 by builthjack

Fat Sams band

They had Loic Remy back from injury at the weekend. He looked good on the highlights. Shame.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 08:57 - Jan 9 with 1477 viewsnierika

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 07:27 - Jan 9 by builthjack

Fat Sams band

I think it has to be Palace or Boro or Watford; theyre on a bad enough run to get dragged down in our muck. Just cannot see anyone else in the bottom half that doesnt have the resources or isnt far enough ahead of schedule.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 08:58 - Jan 9 with 1469 viewsPegojack

We're still odds on for relegation, statistically speaking. We did ourselves huge damage in the first half of the season by losing at home to the likes of Bournemouth and West Ham, and away to Middlesbrough, WBA and Stoke. And we only picked up one point against the top six.

It will be a minor miracle of we stay up. So much depends on a decent recruitment in this window, because a change of manager notwithstanding, there's just not enough quality in this current squad to keep us up.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 09:01 - Jan 9 with 1464 viewsswan65split

Its going to be a tough call to escape, the drop, yes we have a poor squad , but I blame Bunker Bob and his appointment , 11 games there where lost some winnable, gain able points due to incompetence.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 09:11 - Jan 9 with 1439 viewshammy

Given our recent run of results it is amazing that we are still only 1 point from being out of the relegation zone. A month ago if I had been told the results we have just had then would have said that we would definitely be relegated. But this is turning into a very strange season !

I still think we will probably be relegated (don't hold out much hope for decent players being brought in during this window) but if we can somehow get some points from the next 6 games (Arsenal, Liverpool, Soton, Man City, Leicester and Chelsea) and still be within a point or two of 17th place then we will have a decent chance of staying up. PC needs to find a defensive structure that stops leaking stupid goals ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 09:22 - Jan 9 with 1420 viewsFireboy

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 09:01 - Jan 9 by swan65split

Its going to be a tough call to escape, the drop, yes we have a poor squad , but I blame Bunker Bob and his appointment , 11 games there where lost some winnable, gain able points due to incompetence.

Bob the f@ckwit takes part of the blame but the people or person who hired him should take the most

It was obvious even to the layman jack that he wasn't experienced enough and as you have mentioned this decision will ultimately send us down

Buffoons of the highest order
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 09:50 - Jan 9 with 1382 viewsandypitt56

If we are relegated I think we stand a decent chance of bouncing back with paul in charge, I did not think the same with he who must not be named in charge.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 10:06 - Jan 9 with 1364 viewsjohnlangy

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 22:41 - Jan 8 by spiderboy

Yes,it feels somewhat cruel to give us a bit of hope when we all could have been wallowing in self pity by now if bob hadnt gone. Would have been easier just to moan and accept the championship,but now pc,s on board i cant help to feel a certain amount of optimism,which will make the hit double hard if the swans tumble down a division.

Correct.

We've had a horrendous season so far. And yet all we need, with a strengthened squad, is 2 more points than CP and 1 more than Sunderland assuming Hull don't have a storming end to the season.

Easy to say, not so easy to do but a long way from impossible which is what I believe it would have been if BB was still here.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 12:04 - Jan 9 with 1295 viewsOldjack

Doomed i'm afraid ,the damage has been done ,the squad is not good enough. I can see Paul approaching the board and saying we need this guy and that guy and them just laughing in his face saying we never ever shop at Harrods sonny, strictly Poundland here ,even when it's the last chance saloon

I may change my mind after the next game if i see a marked improvement

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 13:43 - Jan 9 with 1185 viewsLoyal

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 07:50 - Jan 9 by AngelRangelQS

I'm not sure we need a lot of re-enforcements in January. 3 quality players in the key positions and we may have enough to stay up.

As many as 3 ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 14:02 - Jan 9 with 1147 viewsmonmouth

We can do this, definitely.

In my heart though, I don't think we will. Our number is up this year.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 15:35 - Jan 9 with 1058 viewsNeiltheTaylor

We obviously didn't want to get a jump on signings, so the club aren't really interested in making the first team much stronger

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 15:46 - Jan 9 with 1041 viewsshandyjack

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 07:50 - Jan 9 by AngelRangelQS

To have any chance of staying up we need at least
1 x Lb
1 X CH
1 X ball winning midfielder
2 X Widemen
1 X CF (if Llorente goes)

All these need to be able to come straight into the first XI not just squad. Too big an ask and Huw is too tight to make it happen

Poll: Expectation for the season

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 15:54 - Jan 9 with 1024 viewsyescomeon

Keep all our players and get in a quality left back and left wing and I think we could do it. Do the same on the right flank and I'd be confident. Add a ball winner in the midfield and an experienced centre back and I'd be sure of it. (If that many players came in we could ship out Taylor, Montero and Fernadez and that wouldn't do our chances any harm either)

Upthecity!

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 15:56 - Jan 9 with 1021 viewsjojaca

I have swapped sides to stay up, If we can get through the next batch of fixtures against the big boys and still be in touch we will have a great chance. I also think this season will be one of the lowest points total to stay up because of the top six dominance.

Even when you know, you never know?

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 17:16 - Jan 9 with 965 viewsAngelRangelQS

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 15:46 - Jan 9 by shandyjack

To have any chance of staying up we need at least
1 x Lb
1 X CH
1 X ball winning midfielder
2 X Widemen
1 X CF (if Llorente goes)

All these need to be able to come straight into the first XI not just squad. Too big an ask and Huw is too tight to make it happen

Whilst I do agree that we need all those players eventually, I don't agree that we need them all just to stay up. I don't think our season is going to be defined by whether we replace Taylor or not (as terrible as I think he is).

I think as long as those players are of sufficient quality (i.e. on a par with what we lost in Ayew and Williams, straight into the side, immediately among our best 4 or 5 players) then it'll be enough.

We absolutely definitely need a Centre Back. Priority position number one. No CB and we're toast.

I do also think we need a decent ball winning midfielder, however if we could get a better version of Ki/Fulton to play further forward, I think we could probably manage at DM between Leon and Cork (i.e. don't bother crossing the halfway line, Jack. Just give it to someone with an ounce of ability and scurry back into position).

Wingers - yes, we need one of them without a doubt but providing the new winger has enough quality to be a regular starter, Montero/Barrow/Routledge/Dyer on the opposite flank is adequate enough, as poor as they have been.

Striker - absolutely - if Llorente and/or Baston go then they need to be replaced. My 3 was based on nobody leaving.

I don't think our players have necessarily become worse players overnight, they're just average players (and always have been) suffering from the fact that any quality they've had around them (making them look like better players than they actually are) has slowly been ebbed away.

Personally I don't think 3 players is too much to ask for or unrealistic.
so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 17:23 - Jan 9 with 939 viewsmax936

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 22:40 - Jan 8 by shandyjack

i can't see anything but relegation, we need to much surgery to the squad

Correct, if they wanted to attempt to avoid that they would have signed at least one player by now, we're Donald ducked, well done Huw here's your bonus.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 17:32]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 17:28 - Jan 9 with 926 viewsunion_jack

so..to be relegated? or not to be relegated? on 15:35 - Jan 9 by NeiltheTaylor

We obviously didn't want to get a jump on signings, so the club aren't really interested in making the first team much stronger

I think we need to cut the club a bit of slack or at least give them the benefit of the doubt with this. It's not going to be easy to get the right players at the right price to come to us in our position.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024