Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bottom 4-6 17:40 - Jan 14 with 7179 viewsJethroJack

Amazingly, we're still not cut adrift, although we might be by the end of the month.
As a natural optimist, I keep thinking things will improve...but....
* We have little quality.
* Confidence is shot.
* Today a 50/50 decision went against us (Ki pen/dive).
* Lady luck had a laugh with 2 deflected goals, just to rub it in.
I'll probably keep thinking we can "do a Leicester style revival" until its mathematically impossible to do so.

SHITFEST!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 17:41]
Bottom 4-6 on 17:42 - Jan 14 with 4821 viewsClinton

We can get out of this.
We need a goal or two, mind. I'm not sure where they are coming from.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bottom 4-6 on 17:46 - Jan 14 with 4791 viewsJethroJack

Bottom 4-6 on 17:42 - Jan 14 by Clinton

We can get out of this.

A few deflected OG's would be nice!
Bottom 4-6 on 17:48 - Jan 14 with 4762 viewsSmellyplumz

Bottom 4-6 on 17:46 - Jan 14 by JethroJack

You need to strike at goal for that to happen.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bottom 4-6 on 17:51 - Jan 14 with 4733 viewsLeonWasGod

We can get out of this.

They'll come against poorer teams, much as they have been all season. Whether it will be enough is another question. But we're well with a shout of staying up. 1 point difference in 17 games, or whatever it is, is nothing.
Bottom 4-6 on 17:57 - Jan 14 with 4678 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bottom 4-6 on 17:48 - Jan 14 by Smellyplumz

You need to strike at goal for that to happen.

12 shots to Arsenals 14.
Bottom 4-6 on 17:59 - Jan 14 with 4660 viewsSmellyplumz

Bottom 4-6 on 17:57 - Jan 14 by A_Fans_Dad

12 shots to Arsenals 14.

Yeah today, we've had plenty of games recently where we've had one shot. I'm past caring I really am, I'm beginning to hate this club.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bottom 4-6 on 18:01 - Jan 14 with 4647 viewsphact0rri

I can't help but be optimistic, I mean honestly the two options are to pack it in, and write the season off and have a dreary time of it. Or soldier on with the shield of barmy optimism at my side.

COYS!

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Bottom 4-6 on 18:25 - Jan 14 with 4549 viewsMorganator100

We have 8 to 9 winnable games left to play and I'm assuming defeat against the big teams.

That's 31 points on top of the current 15 = 49 points.

Liverpool A = 0
Southampton H = 3
Man City A = 0
Leicester H = 3
Chelsea A = 0
Burnley H = 3
Hull A = 3
Bournemouth A = 3
Middlesborough H = 3
Tottenham H = 0
West Ham A = 3
Watford A = 3
Stoke H = 3
Man Utd A = 0
Everton H = 1
Sunderland A = 3
WBA H = 3
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 16:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Bottom 4-6 on 18:43 - Jan 14 with 4486 viewsJethroJack

Bottom 4-6 on 17:59 - Jan 14 by Smellyplumz

Yeah today, we've had plenty of games recently where we've had one shot. I'm past caring I really am, I'm beginning to hate this club.

Sport's always been about ups & downs...if you can't handle the downs, give yourself a break and look for a non-competitive hobby.
Bottom 4-6 on 18:45 - Jan 14 with 4474 viewsJethroJack

Bottom 4-6 on 18:25 - Jan 14 by Morganator100

We have 8 to 9 winnable games left to play and I'm assuming defeat against the big teams.

Liverpool A = 0
Southampton H = 3
Man City A = 0
Leicester H = 3
Chelsea A = 0
Burnley H = 3
Hull A = 3
Bournemouth A = 3
Middlesborough H = 3
Tottenham H = 0
West Ham A = 3
Watford A = 3
Stoke H = 3
Man Utd A = 0
Everton H = 1
Sunderland A = 3
WBA H = 3

Now THAT'S the spirit 👌
Bottom 4-6 on 18:46 - Jan 14 with 4448 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Staying up this season is certainly a far easier task than achieving promotion from the second tier. Yet many seem almost happy to buy mediocre players now ready for a promotion push next season. Ridiculous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bottom 4-6 on 18:50 - Jan 14 with 4440 viewsWandererJack

Bottom 4-6 on 18:46 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Staying up this season is certainly a far easier task than achieving promotion from the second tier. Yet many seem almost happy to buy mediocre players now ready for a promotion push next season. Ridiculous.

Olsson and Carroll will improve on Taylor and Cork. Hopefully Nasingh will improve upon Routledge or Dyer. We will sign a centre half and hopefully he will be better than FF.

That's all we can expect as we're a small club, bottom of the league and it's the January transfer window.
Bottom 4-6 on 19:08 - Jan 14 with 4387 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bottom 4-6 on 18:50 - Jan 14 by WandererJack

Olsson and Carroll will improve on Taylor and Cork. Hopefully Nasingh will improve upon Routledge or Dyer. We will sign a centre half and hopefully he will be better than FF.

That's all we can expect as we're a small club, bottom of the league and it's the January transfer window.

But they are not enough of an improvement. We're replacing average players with more average players who have a better reputation at the moment. None have proven they are good enough to start for a Premier League side, or even a side in a top league.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bottom 4-6 on 19:15 - Jan 14 with 4373 viewsawayjack

We can get out of this.

Our defence is so shite we could score a couple a game and still go down. Championship football doesn't bother me with proper fans and some cracking away trips. Premier league is mostly about money, plastics and greed of our Board has ruined our club. I'd rather be in league 1 with no greedy fxckers involved.
Bottom 4-6 on 19:17 - Jan 14 with 4364 viewsWandererJack

Bottom 4-6 on 19:08 - Jan 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

But they are not enough of an improvement. We're replacing average players with more average players who have a better reputation at the moment. None have proven they are good enough to start for a Premier League side, or even a side in a top league.

The amount of players we can sign is limited due to our position in the table, budget and the fact that we're competing with clubs in better positions and with bigger budgets.

It's as simple as that.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 19:17]
Bottom 4-6 on 00:44 - Jan 15 with 4219 viewsQuincy999

Bottom 4-6 on 17:46 - Jan 14 by JethroJack

Maybe Jack Cork could be our secret weapon we could get him to aimlessly run forward like he does and smash the ball off that useless head of his. See if he can work his magic like he does down the other end.
Bottom 4-6 on 00:48 - Jan 15 with 4206 viewsQuincy999

Liverpool A = 0
Southampton H = 3
Man City A = 0
Leicester H = 3
Chelsea A = 0
Burnley H = 3
Hull A = 3
Bournemouth A = 3
Middlesborough H = 3
Tottenham H = 0
West Ham A = 3
Watford A = 3
Stoke H = 3
Man Utd A = 0
Everton H = 1
Sunderland A = 3
WBA H = 3

Looking at that has made me more depressed than ever. I can't see us getting 3 points against half the clubs you've got us down to.
Bottom 4-6 on 01:48 - Jan 15 with 4151 viewsJackSkellington

* Today a 50/50 decision went against us (Ki pen/dive).
* Lady luck had a laugh with 2 deflected goals, just to rub it in.

It was about this time last year when we had that horrendous game against Sunderland. Defoe scored the first offside hat trick and Naughton got a red card for literally nothing (which was later recinded). It felt like everything was against us and many predicted that was it and we'd go down.

Yes today was shit, but it was Arsenal and they've been excellent this season. No shame in losing to that side, and if the law of averages says we need some crap 50/50 decisions going against us and own goals to be scored, I'd rather they all happened in one game we were unlikely to win anyway.

Somehow, despite all the ineptitude, we're still only 1 point off safety. It's still do-able. New players are yet to start and Clement and Makalele's training & tactics have only just got going. Last year our whole season turned around and went from hopeless to pretty much saved in one week - ironically the week we beat Arsenal - all we've got to do this year is be 1 point better than Hull, Sunderland and Palace. We might be shit, but they're all shit too.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 1:51]
Bottom 4-6 on 17:57 - Jan 21 with 3870 viewsMorganator100

Liverpool A = 0
Southampton H = 3
Man City A = 0
Leicester H = 3
Chelsea A = 0
Burnley H = 3
Hull A = 3
Bournemouth A = 3
Middlesborough H = 3
Tottenham H = 0
West Ham A = 3
Watford A = 3
Stoke H = 3
Man Utd A = 0
Everton H = 1
Sunderland A = 3
WBA H = 3

Liverpool A = 0 Actual 3 points

We could get 45 points now.
Bottom 4-6 on 18:01 - Jan 21 with 3827 viewsGlyn1

Bottom 4-6 on 17:57 - Jan 21 by Morganator100

Liverpool A = 0 Actual 3 points

We could get 45 points now.

45 points would be higher than we got last season.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Bottom 4-6 on 18:02 - Jan 21 with 3820 viewspencoedjack

Win our next 2 homes games and Leicester & Southampton will be in the mix with us as well
Bottom 4-6 on 18:06 - Jan 21 with 3773 viewsRancid

We've never really been cast adrift like Villa were last year.It's just being Swans fans and pessimism that's engrained into us.If we lose on Tuesday against Southampton we'll be cast adrift again or in danger of it.We won't beat Southampton after beating Liverpool away.The best we can hope for is a draw which i'd take.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 18:07]
Bottom 4-6 on 18:08 - Jan 21 with 3744 viewsMorganator100

Bottom 4-6 on 18:02 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

Win our next 2 homes games and Leicester & Southampton will be in the mix with us as well

and Boro and Leicester are down there as well.

Leicester still have the European cup games to play which will affect them.
Boro can't buy a win bar us in our Bob Bradley days.
Watford are also struggling.
Sunderland are maybe the worst of the bunch, really are poor.
Hull haven't got the strength in depth and a couple of injuries will hurt them.
I really hope Palace go down especially with Fat Sam in charge.
Southampton could still be dragged into the fight.

We need a win against Southampton at home and that will ease the pressure for us.
Bottom 4-6 on 18:08 - Jan 21 with 3738 viewspencoedjack

Bottom 4-6 on 18:06 - Jan 21 by Rancid

We've never really been cast adrift like Villa were last year.It's just being Swans fans and pessimism that's engrained into us.If we lose on Tuesday against Southampton we'll be cast adrift again or in danger of it.We won't beat Southampton after beating Liverpool away.The best we can hope for is a draw which i'd take.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 18:07]

Disagree fella Southampton are very beatable as are Leicester this season
Bottom 4-6 on 18:10 - Jan 21 with 3716 viewsRancid

Bottom 4-6 on 18:08 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

Disagree fella Southampton are very beatable as are Leicester this season

I know they're beatable but you've been a swans fan long enough to know what follows a great result.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024