Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson & Fernandez 19:17 - Jan 14 with 2523 viewsMagic_Michu

Bizarrely after conceding 4 I thought they both played very well.

I would be livid with the fullbacks if I was them. How Naughton stood off Sanchez to cross in for the first was criminal.

They'll be ok in the championship 😅

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Mawson & Fernandez on 19:20 - Jan 14 with 2348 viewsAussieSwan

Whilst the centre halves have not been blameless, the full backs have been costing us goals all season

Rangel, Naughton, Kingsley and Taylor have all been very average

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Mawson & Fernandez on 19:31 - Jan 14 with 2302 viewsJBT95

Fernandez had his form back today, thought he looked the real deal in periods of the first half.
Mawson & Fernandez on 19:40 - Jan 14 with 2240 viewsgiantstoneater

Thought Mawson could have done more for the first goal just lacked the composure to deal with it but Naughton and Fabianski appeared to be playing that statue game thing but back to the OP yes i thought they played quite well. One thing for sure though if the players don`t start to show more fight then we are down but down with a whimper, after the first went in heads visibly dropped.
Mawson & Fernandez on 23:24 - Jan 14 with 1964 viewsJacket

Agree, Mawson was very poor on the first goal. Seemed he had him covered, a momentry lapse of concentration and then bang. You just can't switch off like that.
Mawson & Fernandez on 23:25 - Jan 14 with 1945 viewsLoyal

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:24 - Jan 14 by Jacket

Agree, Mawson was very poor on the first goal. Seemed he had him covered, a momentry lapse of concentration and then bang. You just can't switch off like that.

The difference between Barnsley and Bayern.
In one post.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:31 - Jan 14 with 1919 viewsheadcleaner

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:25 - Jan 14 by Loyal

The difference between Barnsley and Bayern.
In one post.

I wouldn't call any of our back four average as that would suggest they have been ok maybe midtable surely that would be average. Let's not fanny about our full backs have been abysmal not one of them is even remotely premier league quality. I agree the centre halves have had undue amounts of pressure and very little or no support from their full backs. We don't have a good one at the club
Mawson & Fernandez on 23:32 - Jan 14 with 1912 viewsWarwickHunt

Fernandez has been excellent in the last two games. Mawson has huge potential but he's still a long way off yet.
Mawson & Fernandez on 23:35 - Jan 14 with 1902 viewsbuilthjack

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:32 - Jan 14 by WarwickHunt

Fernandez has been excellent in the last two games. Mawson has huge potential but he's still a long way off yet.

Agree with this. Mawson very raw. Not ready yet by a long way.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 23:36]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:36 - Jan 14 with 1895 viewsAngelRangelQS

Mawson & Fernandez on 19:20 - Jan 14 by AussieSwan

Whilst the centre halves have not been blameless, the full backs have been costing us goals all season

Rangel, Naughton, Kingsley and Taylor have all been very average

"Average"

You're very kind
Mawson & Fernandez on 23:38 - Jan 14 with 1871 viewsepaul

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:36 - Jan 14 by AngelRangelQS

"Average"

You're very kind

Exactly, they aint that good!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:40 - Jan 14 with 1861 viewscontroversial_jack

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:32 - Jan 14 by WarwickHunt

i'll have a pint of whatever you have had
Mawson & Fernandez on 23:42 - Jan 14 with 1851 viewsGeoffThom

Thought Fernandez was excellent today really battled hard with gerouid ,didn't realise Mawson had done that much wrong until motd ,clumsy for the first gave the initial ball away for the third and slow to react for the fourth ,don't get me wrong dyer was at fault for the start of the first also
Mawson & Fernandez on 23:45 - Jan 14 with 1833 viewsBloodyhills

Mawson & Fernandez on 19:40 - Jan 14 by giantstoneater

Thought Mawson could have done more for the first goal just lacked the composure to deal with it but Naughton and Fabianski appeared to be playing that statue game thing but back to the OP yes i thought they played quite well. One thing for sure though if the players don`t start to show more fight then we are down but down with a whimper, after the first went in heads visibly dropped.

I did notice that Naughton, once the ball was passed to him would just stop, wait for the Arsenal defence to get back before another Swansea player came to get the ball from him. Seems its too much multitasking for him. He's ok running up the line but can't concentrate on that once he has the ball.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Mawson & Fernandez on 00:03 - Jan 15 with 1785 viewsheadcleaner

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:45 - Jan 14 by Bloodyhills

I did notice that Naughton, once the ball was passed to him would just stop, wait for the Arsenal defence to get back before another Swansea player came to get the ball from him. Seems its too much multitasking for him. He's ok running up the line but can't concentrate on that once he has the ball.

There can't be any mirrors in Naughtons house because the poor lad would $hit himself everytime he walked past one. Scared of his own shadow. Stay up or go down all I pray for before the season is over is one of our players (esp a defender) to put in a meaty challenge a good old fashioned get inot em and ferkem up challenge that would do for me just to prove they're not 100% $HITHOUSES
Mawson & Fernandez on 00:09 - Jan 15 with 1765 viewsmonmouth

Well Fer did exactly that, and just about only that, in his time on the pitch today.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mawson & Fernandez on 00:17 - Jan 15 with 1740 viewsWarwickHunt

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:40 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

i'll have a pint of whatever you have had

Ever thought of changing your name to clueless_jack?
Mawson & Fernandez on 07:48 - Jan 15 with 1567 viewsgiantstoneater

Mawson & Fernandez on 23:45 - Jan 14 by Bloodyhills

Naughton is not a patch on Rangel in his prime to think that he is meant to be his replacement is a joke full backs in the modern game need to be more like wingers and try and get past their men we could have done with Barrow at least he would have stopped one of their full backs from getting high up the pitch unfortunately our two wide boys on Saturday have not got what it takes to do that but at least Dyer tried, Routledge on one occasion when the ball was put through into the channel out wide he lost a foot race with a defender but in truth he didn`t look up for it shameful!
Mawson & Fernandez on 07:56 - Jan 15 with 1557 viewsjack247

I also thought they did reasonably well. Two of the goals, though clearly coming, were ridiculous deflections. The game was over by the fourth.

The first was disappointing. Naughton should never have made it so easy for Sanchez and the ball should have been cleared before Giroud stuck it in.

I'd agree with the OP. I didn't think the centre backs got enough protection yesterday.
Mawson & Fernandez on 08:04 - Jan 15 with 1540 viewsjackal

Agree with op. Their best performances for a while.

Mawson is looking promising. With the right coaching he's going to be a good player.
Mawson & Fernandez on 08:05 - Jan 15 with 1540 viewsJango

I feel a bit for the centre halves this year. Fabianski hasn't been anywhere near commanding enough, our full backs are incredibly bad and there's nobody supporting from midfield. They were on a hiding to nothing yesterday as has been the case in a lot of games
Mawson & Fernandez on 08:12 - Jan 15 with 1527 viewsPawelAbbott

The lack of support from midfield stands out a mile. If the defence clears the ball to the edge of the area, opposition midfielders are joining the attack en masses whilst our midfield trot back.
The lack of marking is horrific though. Arsenals first yesterday was from a player totally unmarked 5 yards out. Fernandez is a few yards away marking nothing
Mawson & Fernandez on 08:26 - Jan 15 with 1495 views34dfgdf54

Mawson & Fernandez on 08:12 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

The lack of support from midfield stands out a mile. If the defence clears the ball to the edge of the area, opposition midfielders are joining the attack en masses whilst our midfield trot back.
The lack of marking is horrific though. Arsenals first yesterday was from a player totally unmarked 5 yards out. Fernandez is a few yards away marking nothing

The header which led to the first goal was from Ozil (I believe) just watch the replay, it takes Sanchez quite a while to get in position to cross, the whole time Jack Cork is just stood there, ball watching like a park player while Ozil, an attacking midfielder who Cork is meant to be dealing with is stood waiting without a care in the world.

I know I'm always on his back, it's nothing personal as I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I'm sad to say I honestly believe he's one of tbe worst, if not the worst player in his position in the premier league. He's awful, him being captain / vice captain sums us up.

We're goners, and I expect us to finish bottom.
Mawson & Fernandez on 08:37 - Jan 15 with 1474 viewsPawelAbbott

Mawson & Fernandez on 08:26 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

The header which led to the first goal was from Ozil (I believe) just watch the replay, it takes Sanchez quite a while to get in position to cross, the whole time Jack Cork is just stood there, ball watching like a park player while Ozil, an attacking midfielder who Cork is meant to be dealing with is stood waiting without a care in the world.

I know I'm always on his back, it's nothing personal as I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I'm sad to say I honestly believe he's one of tbe worst, if not the worst player in his position in the premier league. He's awful, him being captain / vice captain sums us up.

We're goners, and I expect us to finish bottom.

We are crying out for a real captain with leadership skills.
Someone who will hold things together and give out the rollockings most of them deserve, Cork is not the answer.
There has been a lot of talk of finding the replacement for Williams but so far there has been no movement in that direction at all.
Mawson & Fernandez on 11:12 - Jan 15 with 1317 viewscontroversial_jack

Mawson & Fernandez on 00:17 - Jan 15 by WarwickHunt

Ever thought of changing your name to clueless_jack?

Make that 2 pints
Mawson & Fernandez on 12:01 - Jan 15 with 1220 viewsjacktar

Mawson & Fernandez on 00:03 - Jan 15 by headcleaner

There can't be any mirrors in Naughtons house because the poor lad would $hit himself everytime he walked past one. Scared of his own shadow. Stay up or go down all I pray for before the season is over is one of our players (esp a defender) to put in a meaty challenge a good old fashioned get inot em and ferkem up challenge that would do for me just to prove they're not 100% $HITHOUSES

Bring back Tommy Smith!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024