Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head 07:19 - Jan 15 with 12015 viewsFlossy

If we are to believe that the Trust new nothing about the sale to the new owners and Jenkins and Co have shafted them plus the incompetence that Jenkins has shown over the last few years - why won't the Trust call for his head.....makes no sense to me unless they also have skeletons in the cupboard that would be exposed if they did so!!!!
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:44 - Jan 15 with 1652 viewsWingstandwood

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:26 - Jan 15 by Landore_Jack

The Trust need to investigate whether there is a contract in place for a period of time to keep Jenkins following the takeover, or whether he could be removed instantly.

That is something I would love to know myself and you have raised a very relevant question!

I am getting the vibe that for some utterly unexplicable reason (maybe complete and utter insanity from Yanks) the sellouts were allowed to negotiate themselves terms and conditions that beggar belief. Over-generosity that looks 'one-flew-over-the-cuckoo's-nest-stuff' bearing in mind they were in fact sold nothing but a one legged donkey of a squad.

Argus!

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:50 - Jan 15 with 1637 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:09 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

This post is summed up by the silence on certain individuals in not even posting a counter argument or an opinion to the question asked and by the opinions given.

I think the people i have in mind have kept quiet because they realise the fact or realise they have have been led down the garden path by big nose fooker Jenkins AGAIN!!!!

I await the, i have a life and have spent time with my family line!!!!

Fancy people from the Trust having a life. For what it's worth, I've been playing Lego with the daughter most of the day ... a welcome distraction after yesterday.

There's hardly been universal agreement on here regarding what should happen. Some people think he should go now, some think he should go in the summer, some think the Trust should have better things to do. Clasey made a very good point earlier comparing the tone on here with the tone in the stands and offline ... they're not entirely in sync. The Trust will have the same discussions and differing opinions internally too.

Anyways, here's my take on things. Jenkins clearly has the backing of the Americans, otherwise he wouldn't have been kept in the gig, and on paper you can see why he would ... been chairman during a period of unparalleled success etc, whilst they have no experience of the PL. Whether they have as much confidence now as they did at the start is another question and not one I can answer, but regardless he clearly has their backing for the role.

Is the January transfer window the right time for a transition? Say we get rid of Jenkins, how would that affect what happens during this window. There's no ready made replacement who could simply slip into the roll. Dineen perhaps Also, like it or not, recruitment isn't a one man band. You've got the whole scouting and recruitment process. You've got Clement coming out and supporting the targets that are being mentioned. Can a change be made that would significantly improve recruitment in the next 16 days? Short of seeing if Tutumlu fancies the job, I'm not sure. That's a joke by the way! Although, given our recruitment process has been poor in my eyes since Monk took charge, I think the issues we face are deeper than the bloke at the top.

Some talk on this thread of whether the Trust has to worry about other concerns ... would publicly calling for Jenkins' head on a spike impact the tentatively improving nature of the relationship between the Yanks and the Trust. It's probably a valid concern, although not one that would be a determining factor for me.

Anyway, I do think the latest Trust statement was a challenge to Jenkins to make a step forward in rectifying the mistakes of previous windows. Gylfi aside, it's difficult to think of one signing who's fitted the Swansea model of the pre-Monk years. That has to change. I think the appointment of Clement is the right sort of appointment for a change, and the likes of Carroll are the right sorts of player (although I'm not exactly convinced of his merits).

Anyway, Jenkins is like any employee now and has to be judged accordingly. Many have already judged him, partly for the sale itself but partly for the record of the last couple of years. Many have not. The Americans don't seem to have. For me, if we suffer another poor window and there's no progress made then it's difficult to see how change could not be forthcoming.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:51 - Jan 15 with 1630 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:28 - Jan 15 by Landore_Jack

The Supporters Trust need to make sure there is a suitable replacement ready before calling for Jenkins to resign.

I'm nto sure that's entirely plausible. Far more likely he'd be removed and then the recruitment process would take place.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 1607 viewsperchrockjack

Lego is just how our club has been built

Note how easy it is to undo it all

As every day goes by with this cretin in charge ,our club continues headlong into oblivion

I'm assuming people are actually arsed down there because the sound coming out of the Lib seems to be one of rank apathy. It's as it was 34 yrs ago and it makes me sick to my boots.

We re all to blame ,in a way, we lack passion, foresight ,business sense and chutzpah. We have a small minded ,pitifully subservient mind set.

It's caught us up but some clearly aren't that alarmed

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:04 - Jan 15 with 1584 viewsLandore_Jack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:51 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

I'm nto sure that's entirely plausible. Far more likely he'd be removed and then the recruitment process would take place.

Does HJ have a contract in place that allows him to stay for a period of time following the takeover? Has this been investigated by the Trust?

#backtojack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:12 - Jan 15 with 1563 viewsWingstandwood

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:50 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

Fancy people from the Trust having a life. For what it's worth, I've been playing Lego with the daughter most of the day ... a welcome distraction after yesterday.

There's hardly been universal agreement on here regarding what should happen. Some people think he should go now, some think he should go in the summer, some think the Trust should have better things to do. Clasey made a very good point earlier comparing the tone on here with the tone in the stands and offline ... they're not entirely in sync. The Trust will have the same discussions and differing opinions internally too.

Anyways, here's my take on things. Jenkins clearly has the backing of the Americans, otherwise he wouldn't have been kept in the gig, and on paper you can see why he would ... been chairman during a period of unparalleled success etc, whilst they have no experience of the PL. Whether they have as much confidence now as they did at the start is another question and not one I can answer, but regardless he clearly has their backing for the role.

Is the January transfer window the right time for a transition? Say we get rid of Jenkins, how would that affect what happens during this window. There's no ready made replacement who could simply slip into the roll. Dineen perhaps Also, like it or not, recruitment isn't a one man band. You've got the whole scouting and recruitment process. You've got Clement coming out and supporting the targets that are being mentioned. Can a change be made that would significantly improve recruitment in the next 16 days? Short of seeing if Tutumlu fancies the job, I'm not sure. That's a joke by the way! Although, given our recruitment process has been poor in my eyes since Monk took charge, I think the issues we face are deeper than the bloke at the top.

Some talk on this thread of whether the Trust has to worry about other concerns ... would publicly calling for Jenkins' head on a spike impact the tentatively improving nature of the relationship between the Yanks and the Trust. It's probably a valid concern, although not one that would be a determining factor for me.

Anyway, I do think the latest Trust statement was a challenge to Jenkins to make a step forward in rectifying the mistakes of previous windows. Gylfi aside, it's difficult to think of one signing who's fitted the Swansea model of the pre-Monk years. That has to change. I think the appointment of Clement is the right sort of appointment for a change, and the likes of Carroll are the right sorts of player (although I'm not exactly convinced of his merits).

Anyway, Jenkins is like any employee now and has to be judged accordingly. Many have already judged him, partly for the sale itself but partly for the record of the last couple of years. Many have not. The Americans don't seem to have. For me, if we suffer another poor window and there's no progress made then it's difficult to see how change could not be forthcoming.

The continued presence of Jenkins along with Dineen, Morgan, and Van Zweden in a relegation circumstance has a 'real-time' potential to cause significant supporter desertion that IMO could profoundly affect future matchday/commercial revenue. And many supporters I'm talking about are supporters of type the club can least afford to lose.

A combined effect of lesser loyal (termed plastics by some) along with a previously (at SCFC) unprecedented/unseen desertion by our hardcore will hit the Yanks hard.

I know of one long time supporter loyalist that IMO will never support the club ever again. I'm talking about a guy that used to turn up hundreds of miles away from home along with only a handful or two of others to watch minor cup competitions when the club was 4th Div.

I myself feel that SCFC is entirely a different club of which sitting in the same stadium as the likes of freeloading parasites i.e. Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan, Van Zweden adds insult to injury..............The unconditional loyalty and love for SCFC is NOW over for many!

Argus!

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:13 - Jan 15 with 1550 viewsQuincy999

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:50 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

Clement is the right sort of appointment for a change. Is he? Another manager with no mangerial pedigree and no premier league experience as manager. What is the change that you've mentioned?
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:13 - Jan 15 with 1546 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:04 - Jan 15 by Landore_Jack

Does HJ have a contract in place that allows him to stay for a period of time following the takeover? Has this been investigated by the Trust?

I don't know if there's anything of that nature in the share purchase agreement to be honest. It's quite possible the Yanks could have put a clause in themselves to keep him there, or Jenkins negotiated something. The Trust of course wasn't involved in the sale. I can ask the question anyway.

However, it could only be like any other contract of employment, which as we've seen with out last two managers, can be broken. If the Yanks wanted rid, he'd be gone. The question becomes whether there's any compensation from that, or impact relating to Jenkins' remaining 5% stake.

Login to get fewer ads

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:18 - Jan 15 with 1512 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:13 - Jan 15 by Quincy999

Clement is the right sort of appointment for a change. Is he? Another manager with no mangerial pedigree and no premier league experience as manager. What is the change that you've mentioned?

For what it's worth, it's the first appointment since Laudrup where I can see the logic to it. Young coach, experience at some of the biggest clubs in the world, excellent apprenticeship, has ideas about football that should resonate with what we were trying to do in the past. It makes a lot of sense to me. Whether it works is another question entirely, but it's a decent appointment IMO. Far better him than someone like Redknapp or Allardyce ... all they are are sticking plasters. We have deeper issues.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:20 - Jan 15 with 1493 viewsBloodyhills

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:40 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

Everyone blames Jenkins for the recruitment, but surely our terrible scouting network are even more to blame.
Rather than build 2 state of the art training facilities they should have built one and an international scouting network.

Who set up our scouting network?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:21 - Jan 15 with 1490 viewsDavillin

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:35 - Jan 15 by Dr_Winston

They have haven't they?

The Trust's concerns about Jenkins continuing in place have been stated if memory serves. Difference is they have to be diplomatic about it and not scream "GET OUT JENKINS YOU C*NT!" like everyone else can.

Dr. Winston, as usual, you take the cool, logical, and experienced route to sanity.

I had been waiting until I finished the whole thread to make the same point.

Thank you.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 1469 viewsswancity

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:13 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

I don't know if there's anything of that nature in the share purchase agreement to be honest. It's quite possible the Yanks could have put a clause in themselves to keep him there, or Jenkins negotiated something. The Trust of course wasn't involved in the sale. I can ask the question anyway.

However, it could only be like any other contract of employment, which as we've seen with out last two managers, can be broken. If the Yanks wanted rid, he'd be gone. The question becomes whether there's any compensation from that, or impact relating to Jenkins' remaining 5% stake.

Well it would be rather a nice idea if the Trust can jolly well try to find out this week. Then find out where the legal process is in relation to the sale that Jenkins et al completed behind your backs and then let's go from there. Meanwhile let's all let the club go down the pan staying pals with all and sundry. Plucking farce.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:25 - Jan 15 with 1465 viewsQuincy999

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:18 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

For what it's worth, it's the first appointment since Laudrup where I can see the logic to it. Young coach, experience at some of the biggest clubs in the world, excellent apprenticeship, has ideas about football that should resonate with what we were trying to do in the past. It makes a lot of sense to me. Whether it works is another question entirely, but it's a decent appointment IMO. Far better him than someone like Redknapp or Allardyce ... all they are are sticking plasters. We have deeper issues.

I respect your response and what you have said and i hope you are proved right but i would have had Redknapp myself, but it's all about opinions.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:25 - Jan 15 with 1459 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:21 - Jan 15 by Davillin

Dr. Winston, as usual, you take the cool, logical, and experienced route to sanity.

I had been waiting until I finished the whole thread to make the same point.

Thank you.

I missed that. Anyway, obviously I concur.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:26 - Jan 15 with 1448 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:25 - Jan 15 by Quincy999

I respect your response and what you have said and i hope you are proved right but i would have had Redknapp myself, but it's all about opinions.

Indeed it is. Everyone has a different one it seems. This thread is proving that point too.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:28 - Jan 15 with 1435 viewsStarsky

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:18 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

Aye... and Paul Clement, still not allowed to sign his own players & is accepting Huws transfer targets just like the previous 2 managers.
We're feckin doomed.

HJ is like that monopoly player that refuses to step away from the game despite being made bankrupt.

Poor show

It's just the internet, init.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:33 - Jan 15 with 1416 viewsLandore_Jack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:13 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

Thanks Andrew. There may be a clause in his contract that allows him to stay for a period of time, or as you say, it may have been inserted by the Americans. Hopefully, no clause exists but we do not know this. It needs to be investigated before the Trust can press ahead for the removal of Jenkins.

#backtojack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:38 - Jan 15 with 1400 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:33 - Jan 15 by Landore_Jack

Thanks Andrew. There may be a clause in his contract that allows him to stay for a period of time, or as you say, it may have been inserted by the Americans. Hopefully, no clause exists but we do not know this. It needs to be investigated before the Trust can press ahead for the removal of Jenkins.

I don't think it does to be honest. If the Trust feels it's in the club's best interests that he goes, then that's what the Trust should push for. Regardless if he has a contract or not. Bradley had a contract, and the Trust called for his departure too.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:45 - Jan 15 with 1377 viewsDavillin

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:40 - Jan 15 by icecoldjack

Why won't the trust call for Jenkins head ?

Because they are all buttyboys and want to maintain the status quo, why do people still think the trust are relevant anyway?

What have they done when called upon? So far nothing, why will it change? People now are spun to believe the trust got rid of Bob, really? If t was a perfect foil for the yanks to hide their own error, yet again people sucked it up.

The trust is an irrelevance and believe me it hurts to say that. They've done fook all apart from talk talk talk, still considering legal action ?
They've only had almost a year to get battle ready and they've done fook all.
Spin,corruption,empty words copy and paste.

Look forward to being wrong.

Nope.

Just because you and I do not know what the Trust have been doing quietly -- as every representative body must do when things are going kerspluey -- does not mean they're doing nothing. And it does not mean they have had no successes.

The driving need by some for instant gratification has no place in matters of such consequence as these.

You can't get the results you desire and need from people you have pistoff and insulted.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:46 - Jan 15 with 1373 viewsDarran

I'd like to know what Jenkins has to say about it all he hasn't spoken to the fans and in the past he's always had a lot to say.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:49 - Jan 15 with 1354 viewsNeath_Jack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:28 - Jan 15 by Starsky

Aye... and Paul Clement, still not allowed to sign his own players & is accepting Huws transfer targets just like the previous 2 managers.
We're feckin doomed.

HJ is like that monopoly player that refuses to step away from the game despite being made bankrupt.

Poor show

"HJ is like that monopoly player that refuses to step away from the game despite being made bankrupt. "

F*cking brilliant that!

I just used to turn the board over and ruin the game

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:51 - Jan 15 with 1342 viewsNeath_Jack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:38 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

I don't think it does to be honest. If the Trust feels it's in the club's best interests that he goes, then that's what the Trust should push for. Regardless if he has a contract or not. Bradley had a contract, and the Trust called for his departure too.

When you say, if the Trust feels.........

Are you going to ballot us members over it? If so, when? My opinion it should have already happened, the ballot i mean.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:56 - Jan 15 with 1311 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:51 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

When you say, if the Trust feels.........

Are you going to ballot us members over it? If so, when? My opinion it should have already happened, the ballot i mean.

If it's an issue of share sale etc then of course a ballot is needed, but a vote of no confidence in Jenkins? Not for me. There are other ways to canvass members of course though, on here being one possible method.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:59 - Jan 15 with 1286 viewsMurph75

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:56 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

If it's an issue of share sale etc then of course a ballot is needed, but a vote of no confidence in Jenkins? Not for me. There are other ways to canvass members of course though, on here being one possible method.

So you think a vote of no confidence in the club's chairman shouldn't be decided by the trust members?

There's the problem boys and girls.

The supporters trust, to represent the needs and aims of our members at all times. Well sometimes.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:59 - Jan 15 with 1286 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:28 - Jan 15 by Starsky

We're feckin doomed.

Poor show

I'm not aware of Clement saying he wanted a particular player and the club saying no. I am aware of Clement saying he approves of the players we're after though.

That's the thing with all this. It's never just one person. When people say Jenkins they really mean Jenkins, Leadbetter and all the others there. The days of the manager doing everything has long gone. What's important is that the manager approves the people we're trying to sign. If he doesn't, then we have a problem.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024