Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head 07:19 - Jan 15 with 11652 viewsFlossy

If we are to believe that the Trust new nothing about the sale to the new owners and Jenkins and Co have shafted them plus the incompetence that Jenkins has shown over the last few years - why won't the Trust call for his head.....makes no sense to me unless they also have skeletons in the cupboard that would be exposed if they did so!!!!
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 14:39 - Jan 16 with 1441 viewsDafyddHuw

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 13:11 - Jan 16 by tylagarwjack

What is to gain by taking the sellers to court?

Well if there is a good chance of financial gain (i.e. compensation) for the Trust by doing so, and if there is a pretty clear breach of contract then there should be, then isn't that enough to warrant that course of action? Any compensation received will obviously benefit the Trust so why not?

And what about good old fashioned "being brought to justice"?
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 17:40 - Jan 16 with 1360 viewsMurph75

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:46 - Jan 16 by Smellyplumz

Progressing! Stop taking the piss out of us please.

The arrogance of them on here is unbelievable. I'm sure they think they're above some of us that don't blow smoke up their arse
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 17:46 - Jan 16 with 1343 viewsDarran

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 14:39 - Jan 16 by DafyddHuw

And what about good old fashioned "being brought to justice"?

I agree with this.
The people that illegally broke the existing shareholders agreement should be brought to justice.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 18:36 - Jan 16 with 1309 viewsGowerjack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 17:46 - Jan 16 by Darran

I agree with this.
The people that illegally broke the existing shareholders agreement should be brought to justice.

Yep.

A f ucking no brainer.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 18:38 - Jan 16 with 1303 viewsGowerjack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:27 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

What's the point in calling for Jenkins' head? What do you think it would achieve?

If you have an infected wound you need to drain the pus.

That's why Jenkins needs to go.

Oh yes and because he is absolutely rubbish at his job.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 18:48]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 18:39 - Jan 16 with 1295 viewsLoyal

I agree with this.

If it is an offence then it must happen.
The Trust have to pursue this.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 18:46 - Jan 16 with 1272 viewsmonmouth

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 18:36 - Jan 16 by Gowerjack

Yep.

A f ucking no brainer.

Well up to a point. Doesn't it depend on what 'justice' looks like though?

If it is just a smack on the wrists for a technical breach and both sides paying their own costs, then it would cost the trust for no gain. I would have thought the Trust had to prove consequential loss and unless there was a potential buyer for 21% then that there isn't now, it's hard to see what that would look like. Not having the opportunity of being offered the shares pro rata would presumably only be of value if the judge believed it was likely that the Trust could have bought them?

I should qualify this by saying that I have no idea what I'm talking about really, other than the general point that a pyrrhic victory is no victory.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 22:22 - Jan 16 with 1166 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 18:46 - Jan 16 by monmouth

Well up to a point. Doesn't it depend on what 'justice' looks like though?

If it is just a smack on the wrists for a technical breach and both sides paying their own costs, then it would cost the trust for no gain. I would have thought the Trust had to prove consequential loss and unless there was a potential buyer for 21% then that there isn't now, it's hard to see what that would look like. Not having the opportunity of being offered the shares pro rata would presumably only be of value if the judge believed it was likely that the Trust could have bought them?

I should qualify this by saying that I have no idea what I'm talking about really, other than the general point that a pyrrhic victory is no victory.

Oh I dunno, you're pretty close to where I'm at with this. I won't say it doesn't appeal to me to give some of the sellers a very public bloody nose, but first and foremost has to be what's in the Trust's best interests.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 22:29 - Jan 16 with 1156 viewsLandore_Jack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 22:22 - Jan 16 by Uxbridge

Oh I dunno, you're pretty close to where I'm at with this. I won't say it doesn't appeal to me to give some of the sellers a very public bloody nose, but first and foremost has to be what's in the Trust's best interests.

The Trust needs to stop pussyfooting around, and hit them where it hurts. In their back pockets.

#backtojack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 03:27 - Jan 17 with 1081 viewsDavillin

I agree with this.

Ambrose Bierce, an American writer of the turn of the 20th Century did a thing in the newspapers [which was later printed in book form] called The Devil's Dictionary.

"Litigation," he wrote, "is a machine you go into as a pig and come out sausage."

It's so easy to bellow, "I'll sue!" but a few minutes with a good lawyer will tell you whether you should keep that sentiment to yourself.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 03:30 - Jan 17 with 1080 viewsDavillin

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 22:29 - Jan 16 by Landore_Jack

The Trust needs to stop pussyfooting around, and hit them where it hurts. In their back pockets.

Please see my post below about Ambrose Bierce's definition of "litigation." It applies perfectly to your post hereinabove.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 07:06 - Jan 17 with 1047 viewsFerrieBodde

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:41 - Jan 16 by Uxbridge

OK, I won't then.

But, as I'm here, the Trust can take the sellers to court if the Trust wishes to do so. There's a pretty clear breach of contract here. The question then becomes what is to gain by taking that course of action. That bit, whilst things are progressing with the Americans, is what remains open.

"But, as I'm here, the Trust can take the sellers to court if the Trust wishes to do so. There's a pretty clear breach of contract here."

As if the sellers didn't already clearly and brazenly commit a gargantuan breach of contract themselves with the sale. Oh my days, the irony is killing me.

How you, as a representative of the trust, is expressing fear over potentially breaching a contract when the sellers already shamelessly broke the existing shareholder's agreement and dropped a giant dump on it is astounding.

This kind of cowardly and spineless behavior is playing right into the sellers and the current owners' hands. Right fúcking into them. It is the kind of behavior that has and is continuing to allow them to run this club straight into the ground. This is but a microcosm of the greater trust's complete inaction and timidity.

"The question then becomes what is to gain by taking that course of action."

Let me ask you this: what is to gain by allowing those in charge to continue destroying this club unabated and treating the fans like utter shit? Please tell me.

We're already all but relegated. What much more and how much worse do our fortunes have to get before you lot take any sort of action? Jesus Christ.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 07:40 - Jan 17 with 1021 viewsFerrieBodde

If the trust called for the owners to get rid of Bradley and Dineen, I'm at a loss as to why they have not done the same for Jenkins. Especially when he has done (and is CONTINUING) to do more damage to this club than the former two ever did--and is just about singlehandedly to blame for utter mess we are in now. No one in Swansea City should be untouchable. No one.

But I fear that the trust really do regard him as such. It'd certainly explain why they somehow have STILL not called for him to step down yet and allow him to continue ruining this club without any consequence, repercussion, or correction whatsoever.

If Chris Pearlman is now the one handling all the day to day activities of this club, then what the hell is Jenkins is good for, and why the hell is he still here? So he can continue ruining this club by being a pathetic joke of a DoF, handling duties and dictating matters that could and SHOULD otherwise be taken care of by the manager, his representatives, and his coaching staff???
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 07:56 - Jan 17 with 998 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 07:06 - Jan 17 by FerrieBodde

"But, as I'm here, the Trust can take the sellers to court if the Trust wishes to do so. There's a pretty clear breach of contract here."

As if the sellers didn't already clearly and brazenly commit a gargantuan breach of contract themselves with the sale. Oh my days, the irony is killing me.

How you, as a representative of the trust, is expressing fear over potentially breaching a contract when the sellers already shamelessly broke the existing shareholder's agreement and dropped a giant dump on it is astounding.

This kind of cowardly and spineless behavior is playing right into the sellers and the current owners' hands. Right fúcking into them. It is the kind of behavior that has and is continuing to allow them to run this club straight into the ground. This is but a microcosm of the greater trust's complete inaction and timidity.

"The question then becomes what is to gain by taking that course of action."

Let me ask you this: what is to gain by allowing those in charge to continue destroying this club unabated and treating the fans like utter shit? Please tell me.

We're already all but relegated. What much more and how much worse do our fortunes have to get before you lot take any sort of action? Jesus Christ.

You misread what I said. I said the sellers breached the terms of the original shareholders agreement. That is the breach. We're agreeing.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:07 - Jan 17 with 968 viewsFerrieBodde

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 07:56 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

You misread what I said. I said the sellers breached the terms of the original shareholders agreement. That is the breach. We're agreeing.

My mistake mate. I indeed misread.

But can you answer the other two questions I presented?

1) "The question then becomes what is to gain by taking that course of action."

"Let me ask you this: what is to gain by allowing those in charge to continue destroying this club unabated and treating the fans like utter shit? Please tell me.

We're already all but relegated. What much more and how much worse do our fortunes have to get before you lot take any sort of action? Jesus Christ. "

2) "If Chris Pearlman is now the one handling all the day to day activities of this club, then what the hell is Jenkins is good for, and why the hell is he still here? So he can continue ruining this club by being a pathetic joke of a DoF, handling duties and dictating matters that could and SHOULD otherwise be taken care of by the manager, his representatives, and his coaching staff???"
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:47 - Jan 17 with 920 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:07 - Jan 17 by FerrieBodde

My mistake mate. I indeed misread.

But can you answer the other two questions I presented?

1) "The question then becomes what is to gain by taking that course of action."

"Let me ask you this: what is to gain by allowing those in charge to continue destroying this club unabated and treating the fans like utter shit? Please tell me.

We're already all but relegated. What much more and how much worse do our fortunes have to get before you lot take any sort of action? Jesus Christ. "

2) "If Chris Pearlman is now the one handling all the day to day activities of this club, then what the hell is Jenkins is good for, and why the hell is he still here? So he can continue ruining this club by being a pathetic joke of a DoF, handling duties and dictating matters that could and SHOULD otherwise be taken care of by the manager, his representatives, and his coaching staff???"

No worries. Anyway ...

1) - Firstly, sueing for breach of contract wouldn't affect their positions as employees of the club. Secondly, Jenkins has the backing of the Americans, at least for now. At best, the Trust can agitate and maybe even force the issue. It can't decide unilaterally.

2) If we're looking at who Pearlman is replacing, that'd be Dineen more than Jenkins. He's charged with improving the commercial activities in the main. He's not involved in the footballing side.

I don't think we're all but relegated. Far from it. There's a chance, in this window, to try and get us on the right path. Is Jenkins the best person to do that? Quite probably not. However he's in situ, has the backing and things are moving. He'll be judged on his ability to turn this around, like any other employee.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:58 - Jan 17 with 899 viewscostalotta

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:47 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

No worries. Anyway ...

1) - Firstly, sueing for breach of contract wouldn't affect their positions as employees of the club. Secondly, Jenkins has the backing of the Americans, at least for now. At best, the Trust can agitate and maybe even force the issue. It can't decide unilaterally.

2) If we're looking at who Pearlman is replacing, that'd be Dineen more than Jenkins. He's charged with improving the commercial activities in the main. He's not involved in the footballing side.

I don't think we're all but relegated. Far from it. There's a chance, in this window, to try and get us on the right path. Is Jenkins the best person to do that? Quite probably not. However he's in situ, has the backing and things are moving. He'll be judged on his ability to turn this around, like any other employee.

At this moment in time Any sensible organisation would not be judging his ability as he clearly has none. They'd judge him on the results. There's the clue! Take a moment to look at the results of his squad building and spending over, say, the last 2 years. He failed every time. But the trust wants to give him/let him/support him/bury head in sand him to let have another go. He's actually built a relegation squad. Looks like he's got a chance to build another squad capable of relegation....this time from the championship to league 1.

Wake up UX!
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:20 - Jan 17 with 854 viewsperchrockjack

I'm not really sure if the Trust realise what awaits us at the end of this season.

I'm not sure if Jenkins has identified what is needed.

I'm not sure if our situation is worse than 82

I'm certain

I'm also unsure as to anyone down there has any fookn nouse at all as we re squabbling over Board/Sale issues when it's simply the case one man alone is taking our club to oblivion.

No? Just watch what happens

We ve not identified what players are needed .we re bringing it lightweight nonentities and have a supine tw@t running the club.

Yet....he gets away with it..

As Darran suggests, too many on their knees ,too many without any passion. At least I had the good grace to walk away from live games as I'm not the fan we need it seems.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:25 - Jan 17 with 848 viewsFerrieBodde

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:47 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

No worries. Anyway ...

Thanks for answering my questions.

"I don't think we're all but relegated. Far from it."

If you really think this then you seriously, seriously have to go and take a look at the statistics and prior history of clubs who were in the position we're in now. Very few of them have gone on to stay up. History is not on our side at all. Barring a miracle, we will go down.

"He'll be judged on his ability to turn this around, like any other employee."

He's already irreversibly screwed just about everything up. Why in the world is he going to be allowed to ruin our remaining hopes at staying in the Premier League too?

What other executive in top flight football has been able to fail and fail time and time again but manage to remain in complete control like Jenkins has? It's astounding. In nearly every other club in the world he would have been ousted by now.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 9:31]
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:54 - Jan 17 with 812 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:25 - Jan 17 by FerrieBodde

Thanks for answering my questions.

"I don't think we're all but relegated. Far from it."

If you really think this then you seriously, seriously have to go and take a look at the statistics and prior history of clubs who were in the position we're in now. Very few of them have gone on to stay up. History is not on our side at all. Barring a miracle, we will go down.

"He'll be judged on his ability to turn this around, like any other employee."

He's already irreversibly screwed just about everything up. Why in the world is he going to be allowed to ruin our remaining hopes at staying in the Premier League too?

What other executive in top flight football has been able to fail and fail time and time again but manage to remain in complete control like Jenkins has? It's astounding. In nearly every other club in the world he would have been ousted by now.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 9:31]

Well, I'm looking at the league table and we're 1 point (+GD) from safety, with 51 points left on the table. That can't be "all but relegated". It's going to be a struggle of course, and we may even be odds against.

I'm not going to defend Jenkins. However, my point is there's a difference between asking the question of whether he's the best man for the job, or whether it's beneficial for the Trust to publicly campaign for his removal at this time.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:55 - Jan 17 with 1423 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:58 - Jan 17 by costalotta

At this moment in time Any sensible organisation would not be judging his ability as he clearly has none. They'd judge him on the results. There's the clue! Take a moment to look at the results of his squad building and spending over, say, the last 2 years. He failed every time. But the trust wants to give him/let him/support him/bury head in sand him to let have another go. He's actually built a relegation squad. Looks like he's got a chance to build another squad capable of relegation....this time from the championship to league 1.

Wake up UX!

If you think that's what I said, then it's not me that needs to wake up.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:55 - Jan 17 with 1421 viewswaynekerr55

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:54 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Well, I'm looking at the league table and we're 1 point (+GD) from safety, with 51 points left on the table. That can't be "all but relegated". It's going to be a struggle of course, and we may even be odds against.

I'm not going to defend Jenkins. However, my point is there's a difference between asking the question of whether he's the best man for the job, or whether it's beneficial for the Trust to publicly campaign for his removal at this time.

Uxy - have Kaplan and Levein stated why they are behind Jenkins?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:00 - Jan 17 with 1411 viewsperchrockjack

No ready made replacement ? Do what.

Here s a guy simply trashing our club yet nobody ,it seems, has identified this and devised a means of solving the issue.

Basic business..

We ve got nobody and have had nobody with the ability to run and progress a large business.

We re squabbling and we re allowing this tumour of a man to carry on

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 1408 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:55 - Jan 17 by waynekerr55

Uxy - have Kaplan and Levein stated why they are behind Jenkins?

Don't know I'm afraid. If I ever meet them I'll ask them!

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:02 - Jan 17 with 1402 viewscostalotta

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:55 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

If you think that's what I said, then it's not me that needs to wake up.

I took your post to mean results ... future tense, his results over the last few years have been appalling. So on this matter your either your ignoring his previous results or hoping he can perform and get results going forward.

Clearly the Trust think he's the best man for the job!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024