Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. 09:49 - Jan 15 with 12098 viewsMyFinalHeaven

What we must realize about these new owners is that they're capitalists. They make their money buying up stocks, doing nothing but sitting on them, and then selling them for a profit. They have yet to put a single penny into this club, and nor will they ever will.

If it has not been already damningly apparent, this club is just like another stock purchase to them. Whether it's tech, pharmaceuticals, or alternative energy, capitalists are always looking to exploit the latest and greatest craze, and unfortunately for us, the latest craze for predatory investors is football.

Let's not making it anything but crystal clear: Levien and Kaplan thought this was going to be easy. They thought it would just be like any other of their previous investments, and the plan was always to sit back and watch as the skyrocketing TV deals increased the value of SCFC year after year before selling for a nifty profit. I have it on good authority that Levien has already made more trips to the UK in 6 months than he had imagined he would make in a few years as owner. As we have already seen, he along with the rest of his scumbag partners thought they could just buy the club and do nothing but defer to Huw Jenkins to ensure that the Premier League club they had bought stayed one. After the takeover, Levien gushed about how he had watched A Jack to a King, how he was amazed at how well run this club is, and how incredible the guy at the helm (Jenkins) is, claiming that all of our successes post Petty era was down to him, and even referred to Jenkins as a "tremendous football mind."

No doubt it has since hit him as clean as a knockout punch from Mike Tyson how hysterically wrong he was about Jenkins and his ability to run a football club, as too his own ability (or complete lack of) to own and preside over a team. These new owners have seriously, and I mean seriously underestimated just how difficult it is to run a club in the Premier League and what is required to keep a club in the top flight. Unfortunately though, these revelations have clearly not hit hard enough, as Jenkins remains at the helm and our transfer business remains inadequate as ever.

Nevertheless, do not buy these owners frequent talk about how they plan on being "long term owners"--it is just pure and utter bullshit, just like the all the rest of their statements. Venture capitalists never ever stick around for the long term, and if you ask me, Levien had let it slip just how "long" he wanted to stick around here during his first press conference, when he said that his goal was for the club "to be in a better place in five years." No doubt that is the time him and his partners were planning on exiting after having sold us for a nice profit.

Their message in yesterday's programme against Arsenal, where they once again disparaged the supporters and even deflected the blame from their own disasters onto us, was a pathetic attempt and a downright insulting plea to the fans to be nice, stay silent, and back them despite all their failures and despite having treated us like utter sh*t. This is beyond unacceptable, and frankly, it is the final straw. If we ran Tony Petty out of town, then I have no idea how we haven't ran these mother fvckers out yet. Not only is it long overdue, but our future depends on it. We will go nowhere but down so long as Jason Levien and Stephen Kaplan are the Swansea City owners.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 9:54]

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 09:58 - Jan 15 with 7195 viewsBorojack

We are on the verge of spending 15 million approximately on 3 players.
How much do you suggest we spend then the wage turnover is the highest in the league as well.
Plus the accounts recently showed a 21 million loss.
Yes can spend spend spend if you want to end up like the next Portsmouth that is.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:05 - Jan 15 with 7147 viewsSmellyplumz

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 09:58 - Jan 15 by Borojack

How much do you suggest we spend then the wage turnover is the highest in the league as well.
Yes can spend spend spend if you want to end up like the next Portsmouth that is.

How much did michu cost, you know the one that a manager scouted and signed... No more out there? Not in huws eyes. You get my point.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:06 - Jan 15 with 7146 viewsthereisnospoon

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 09:58 - Jan 15 by Borojack

the OP isn't saying that we should spend money that we don't have you stupid tw4t. he's rightfully stating that the new owners haven't invested a dime into us. no cash injection, no loan, no nothing.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:08 - Jan 15 with 7131 viewsAngelRangelQS

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:05 - Jan 15 by Smellyplumz

How much did michu cost, you know the one that a manager scouted and signed... No more out there? Not in huws eyes. You get my point.

That is exactly the problem imo.

Huw is constantly chasing the "pay £5m now, hope they turn into a £20m" player.

Michu was a bit of a one off - how many players across the entire league are signed for that sort of money and have that sort of impact?
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:15 - Jan 15 with 7095 viewsAngelRangelQS

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:06 - Jan 15 by thereisnospoon

the OP isn't saying that we should spend money that we don't have you stupid tw4t. he's rightfully stating that the new owners haven't invested a dime into us. no cash injection, no loan, no nothing.

"No cash injection, no loan"

So in other words, "money we don't have"
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:19 - Jan 15 with 7079 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Spending 15 million of club money on 3 players (and after the club had a transfer surplus during the summer) is an indication that the owners have finally started investing? Really? Are you daft?

Do you have paperwork that this money came in the form of a cash injection or a loan courtesy of the owners?

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:20 - Jan 15 with 7071 viewsBorojack

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:06 - Jan 15 by thereisnospoon

Ah right so where is this 15 million coming from then.
We may yet spend more as well.
And yes I know we get money from sky but the wage turnover is high or do you dispute that then.
Just for your information as well I in the summer we sold
Ayew Williams Eder and Pallochi for about 42 million
We bought Baston Mawson Llorente Fer 28 million plus large signing on fees.
Now we are spending another 15 million plus signing on fees again.
Also brought in a new manager and 3 coaches plus we have sacked 2 managers.
Where do you think that money came from then you fecking dimwit.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 7053 viewsNeath_Jack

Where's the money gone?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:24 - Jan 15 with 7041 viewsQuincy999

I'm still suprised that supporters believe the americans should just give money to the club.
What other shareholders without full ownership in the history of football have done that, without there being some catch that was ultimately bad for the club or the minority shareholders?
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:24 - Jan 15 with 7041 viewsmonmouth

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:22 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

Where's the money gone?

Ah, at last, the real question.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:27 - Jan 15 with 7003 viewsAngelRangelQS

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:24 - Jan 15 by monmouth

Ah, at last, the real question.

It's been flitted away on crap mainly.

I dread to think how much we've wasted on people like Eder, Tabanou, all 14 of our goalkeepers, Emnes, paying managers off etc
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:33 - Jan 15 with 6981 viewsMyFinalHeaven

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:24 - Jan 15 by Quincy999

I'm still suprised that supporters believe the americans should just give money to the club.
What other shareholders without full ownership in the history of football have done that, without there being some catch that was ultimately bad for the club or the minority shareholders?

Farhad Moshiri, who owns 49.9% of Everton, recently gave them an £80m interest free loan with no agreed repayment date to clear their debts.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moshiri-clears-evert

And Vincent Tan, for all the flack that we gave him, provided Cardiff with a bunch of loans that he has since written off even back when he was just a 36% shareholder in the club.

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:33 - Jan 15 with 6978 viewsBorojack

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:27 - Jan 15 by AngelRangelQS

It's been flitted away on crap mainly.

I dread to think how much we've wasted on people like Eder, Tabanou, all 14 of our goalkeepers, Emnes, paying managers off etc

Yes that's how I see it as well.
The biggest mistake was not replacing Williams in the summer.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:36 - Jan 15 with 6951 viewsQuincy999

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:33 - Jan 15 by MyFinalHeaven

Farhad Moshiri, who owns 49.9% of Everton, recently gave them an £80m interest free loan with no agreed repayment date to clear their debts.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moshiri-clears-evert

And Vincent Tan, for all the flack that we gave him, provided Cardiff with a bunch of loans that he has since written off even back when he was just a 36% shareholder in the club.

I don't now enough about the everton situation to comment so you may well be right but vincent tan agreed with the other shareholders to turn his loans into equity, therby diluteing the percentage owned by the others. That is something the Trust would not accept in a million years.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:39 - Jan 15 with 6930 viewsperchrockjack

Excellent analysis but where do we go from here.

We are where we are not simply because we were sold but the quality of players brought in and the ludicrous contract extentions given to nomarks.

We are still signing injured players and mediocre flaky kids expecting them to shore up our midfield.

Witness the constant blowing away of our midfielders /defenders by the opposition .

The gym? I'm really not sure as to what they re doing there. I reckon I could out muscle Naughton and I'm more than twice his age

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:45 - Jan 15 with 6903 viewsQuincy999

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:36 - Jan 15 by Quincy999

I don't now enough about the everton situation to comment so you may well be right but vincent tan agreed with the other shareholders to turn his loans into equity, therby diluteing the percentage owned by the others. That is something the Trust would not accept in a million years.

Actually the Everton situation isn't as simple as you stated. He has agreed the purchase of the remaining shares and the price he will buy them at. He probaly didn't buy the club outright in the begining for tax purposes or some other accounting reason.
Since he has agreed all this in advance of his 120 million he is in effect the full owner.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:51 - Jan 15 with 6869 viewsdobjack2

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:33 - Jan 15 by Borojack

Yes that's how I see it as well.
The biggest mistake was not replacing Williams in the summer.

Hard to say which of our blunders in the summer was the worst. All of them can be traced back to the share sale which took precedence over the football side.

We knew Ayew would be off but didn't upgrade our wingers. Dyer coming back, injured as it happens was never going to provide the firepower and assists that Ayew was brought in for - a goal scoring or creating wideman. He had to play up front as the rest of our forwards were shite.

Our midfield lacked urgency and bite so we signed fer (a gylfi alternative to me) and dropped our interest in Joe without strengthening that area with an alternative.

Ash left and we believed Amat was his replacement. Mawson was signed to replace Amat as back up, vdh was signed as a big man replacement for Bartley.

We signed llorente and baston without the slightest idea of the style of football we were trying to play.

Basically we didn't solve any of the long standing weaknesses in the squad either leaving some good servants to the club in positions they are no longer able to hold.

We gave Guidolin a contract when we should have given him a thank you and a bonus. However the crucial job of finding the right manager would have taken time out from the share sale which took so fecking long and potential new owners could have wanted a different manager - see blundering bob.

All of the above were blunders made by our chairman and mainly because of the fecking share sale and how long it took to conclude.

The key point about the share sale being that it has not resulted in any investment in the club. I remember someone talking about the investment being needed to take us to the next level as justification for the share sale and money the sell outs were getting.

In private was the selling point that running the football club is easy and with the Sky money self funding so no investment needed?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 11:22]
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:52 - Jan 15 with 6866 viewsMyFinalHeaven

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:36 - Jan 15 by Quincy999

The other Cardiff shareholders were never fussed that their shares were diluted and made a fiasco out of it as Tan--who has never made it a secret that he wants to own the entirety of the club--happily bought most of their shares. Over the years he's increased his initial 36% stake to what is now 89.15%: http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/club/Club_Ownership/

For another example of you asking "What other shareholders without full ownership in the history of football have done that, without there being some catch that was ultimately bad for the club or the minority shareholders?", back in 2012 Darlington supporters put together £50,000 to keep their club afloat.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jan/18/darlington-saved-fans

Amazing how a bunch of common folk from Darlington who are just everyday football fans put together £50,000 for their club, but our owners who are already filthy rich and who have repeatedly stated they intend to invest and "want to make a splash" have yet to shell out even a pound.

We are owned by greedy bastards. The sooner you and everyone else realizes this, the better.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 11:34]

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:01 - Jan 15 with 6830 viewsQuincy999

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:52 - Jan 15 by MyFinalHeaven

The other Cardiff shareholders were never fussed that their shares were diluted and made a fiasco out of it as Tan--who has never made it a secret that he wants to own the entirety of the club--happily bought most of their shares. Over the years he's increased his initial 36% stake to what is now 89.15%: http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/club/Club_Ownership/

For another example of you asking "What other shareholders without full ownership in the history of football have done that, without there being some catch that was ultimately bad for the club or the minority shareholders?", back in 2012 Darlington supporters put together £50,000 to keep their club afloat.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jan/18/darlington-saved-fans

Amazing how a bunch of common folk from Darlington who are just everyday football fans put together £50,000 for their club, but our owners who are already filthy rich and who have repeatedly stated they intend to invest and "want to make a splash" have yet to shell out even a pound.

We are owned by greedy bastards. The sooner you and everyone else realizes this, the better.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 11:34]

Yes i know they weren't fussed but the Trust would be.
The Darlington example is a on a such minuscale scale in monetary terms it is not relevant.
Why doesn't the Trust invest in the club? Why don't we all give £30 to help the club. That wouldn't happen.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:02 - Jan 15 with 6824 viewsMyFinalHeaven

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 10:39 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

Excellent analysis but where do we go from here.

We are where we are not simply because we were sold but the quality of players brought in and the ludicrous contract extentions given to nomarks.

We are still signing injured players and mediocre flaky kids expecting them to shore up our midfield.

Witness the constant blowing away of our midfielders /defenders by the opposition .

The gym? I'm really not sure as to what they re doing there. I reckon I could out muscle Naughton and I'm more than twice his age

Where do we go from here? As I've said for months now, we need to get Jenkins the fvck out and we need to force the charlatans to sell ASAP, as did Aston Villa supporters did to Randy Lerner last season. God only knows why there haven't been protests yet.

So long as we are in the hands of these exploitative Americans our club is doomed. We must be owned by a person or persons who will serve as custodians to the club, not bloodsucking bastards.

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:10 - Jan 15 with 6769 viewsMyFinalHeaven

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:01 - Jan 15 by Quincy999

Yes i know they weren't fussed but the Trust would be.
The Darlington example is a on a such minuscale scale in monetary terms it is not relevant.
Why doesn't the Trust invest in the club? Why don't we all give £30 to help the club. That wouldn't happen.

It is absolutely relevant. You asked for examples "in the history of football" where people gave money to a club. You weren't asking for any specific examples however big or large.

To call it "minuscule" is insulting. That £50,000 saved Darlington from liquidation for the time being and it ensured that they would be able to operate until the end of the season.

And you know what? However "minuscule" you want to believe it to be, it is still £50,000 more than what our owners have put into our club. Incredible innit?

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:16 - Jan 15 with 6721 viewsFlashberryjack

The OP obviously went over your head.
So I'll repeat it.
The Americans haven't invested any money into the club.

Any money we may or may not spend in the transfer window will not come from the Americans pockets.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:23 - Jan 15 with 6698 viewsperchrockjack

So we need new owners .

Good

Jenkins goes

Better still

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:26 - Jan 15 with 6683 viewsMyFinalHeaven

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:16 - Jan 15 by Flashberryjack

The OP obviously went over your head.
So I'll repeat it.
The Americans haven't invested any money into the club.

Any money we may or may not spend in the transfer window will not come from the Americans pockets.

Thank you.

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:27 - Jan 15 with 6681 viewsQuincy999

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:10 - Jan 15 by MyFinalHeaven

It is absolutely relevant. You asked for examples "in the history of football" where people gave money to a club. You weren't asking for any specific examples however big or large.

To call it "minuscule" is insulting. That £50,000 saved Darlington from liquidation for the time being and it ensured that they would be able to operate until the end of the season.

And you know what? However "minuscule" you want to believe it to be, it is still £50,000 more than what our owners have put into our club. Incredible innit?

No i didn't ask "in the history of football where people gave money to a club".
I specifically asked in the history of football where shareholders that didn't have full ownership gave money to a club, and as you said they weren't shareholders so no it is not relevant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024