Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham enquire about Routledge 14:43 - Jan 16 with 10952 viewsforkbeard

As per Sky Sports transfer centre

"Sky sources: Birmingham City have approached Swansea to enquire about Wayne Routledge."
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 15:59 - Jan 16 with 3328 viewsjasper_T

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 15:47 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

And on the other wing?

I accept Wayne is not setting the world alight as is most of the team but what other options are there?

Why I ask if Dan James is ready why doesnt PC at least put him on the bench....or is HJ picking the team too?

Clement had probably never heard of him until he took the job, and will have only seen him play once.
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:04 - Jan 16 with 3269 viewsPawelAbbott

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 15:53 - Jan 16 by Cooperman

Let me get this straight, we've got a bang average Championship team after one of our regular starters?

Oh my have we fallen.

This!!!
What has it come to when a team mid-table in the division below are putting in bids for our first team and the reality is that we all think we are robbing them!!
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:06 - Jan 16 with 3255 viewsjack247

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 15:47 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

And on the other wing?

I accept Wayne is not setting the world alight as is most of the team but what other options are there?

Why I ask if Dan James is ready why doesnt PC at least put him on the bench....or is HJ picking the team too?

Because PC realises this isn't Championship manager and doing well in the under 23 league doesn't mean you are PL standard. For every Ben Davies, there are loads that didn't make it at this level and have dropped down the leagues.

If he is good enough, he will get his chance, but I don't expect it to be until this season is a write off or next season in the cups.
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 3230 viewsSwansea93

I would of thought that if Birmingham have put in a 3m offer then they must have some indication that Routledge is up for sale?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:25 - Jan 16 with 3097 viewsvetchonian

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:06 - Jan 16 by jack247

Because PC realises this isn't Championship manager and doing well in the under 23 league doesn't mean you are PL standard. For every Ben Davies, there are loads that didn't make it at this level and have dropped down the leagues.

If he is good enough, he will get his chance, but I don't expect it to be until this season is a write off or next season in the cups.

I agree with you Jack it was the point I was trying to make...so many on here keep going on about giving these youngsters a chance but the manager has to be sure they are ready.....though Everton's youngsters did well yesterday!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:27 - Jan 16 with 3070 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'm sorry Wayne but for £3 million I would take it. Such a hard worker but realistically we should have moved on from him a couple of years ago.
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:33 - Jan 16 with 3025 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:27 - Jan 16 by TheKirkyLife

I'm sorry Wayne but for £3 million I would take it. Such a hard worker but realistically we should have moved on from him a couple of years ago.

His constant flicking with the outside of his right foot and giving the ball away will be sorely missed here .

Time to rebuild & start again

Good bye routs .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 16:40 - Jan 16 with 2974 viewsDyfnant

The real upside, regardless of whether he's sold now or not is that finally someone has realised WR shouldn't be a first pick in our premier league team. Let it be a warning shot to Dyer
Should also be an eye opener to the board if needed, that those are the sort of fees needed to stand still in the championship
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 16:45]

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:01 - Jan 16 with 2812 viewsheadcleaner

Can we not get them to keep the 3 mill and get dyer to take WR up in his car and he can stay with him.

As for replacements - my 72 year old mother isn't busy on Saturdays
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:05 - Jan 16 with 2773 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He's currently the best winger we have. Narsingh will hopefully take that title very soon but it still means Wayne is the second best. We have other less talented wingers we should be selling before Wayne.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:07 - Jan 16 with 2769 viewsAngelRangelQS

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:05 - Jan 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's currently the best winger we have. Narsingh will hopefully take that title very soon but it still means Wayne is the second best. We have other less talented wingers we should be selling before Wayne.

Absolutely. The other three are total gash... (though Dyer had quite a good game on Saturday)
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:12 - Jan 16 with 2732 viewsJackBaston

Routledge REALLY isnt our best/2nd best winger
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:16 - Jan 16 with 2692 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:12 - Jan 16 by JackBaston

Who is?

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:16 - Jan 16 with 2690 viewsAngelRangelQS

Despite doing more than the others put together this season?
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:19 - Jan 16 with 2669 viewsjasper_T

He shouldn't be but unfortunately he is.
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:19 - Jan 16 with 2792 viewsUplandsJack

Oh yes he is... sad but 100% a fact!
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:21 - Jan 16 with 2787 viewsJackBaston

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:16 - Jan 16 by AngelRangelQS

Despite doing more than the others put together this season?

What would you classify as more?
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:21 - Jan 16 with 2786 viewsTheResurrection

Considering where me may be next season I'd never sell him for that.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:22 - Jan 16 with 2770 viewsJackfath

Routledge could be very handy for us in the Championship. Unless we're needing to get rid to free up wages, then what's the point in selling him?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:22 - Jan 16 with 2775 viewsAngelRangelQS

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:21 - Jan 16 by JackBaston

What would you classify as more?

Goals and assists.
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:23 - Jan 16 with 2745 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:22 - Jan 16 by AngelRangelQS

Goals and assists.

Not running very fast and losing the ball?

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:24 - Jan 16 with 2765 viewsAngelRangelQS

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:23 - Jan 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not running very fast and losing the ball?

Nope - I wasn't prepared to include "getting injured" or "pretending to be injured" either
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:24 - Jan 16 with 2765 viewsmidswan

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:05 - Jan 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Spot on. And for those saying " take it" "Bye WaYNE" etc, there is the small matter of the player agreeing to the move...
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:25 - Jan 16 with 2763 viewsJackBaston

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:22 - Jan 16 by AngelRangelQS

Goals and assists.

Well he has 0 assists
Barrow 3 and Montero whos played half the games 1

He does have 2 goals

But for me personally, he stops whoevers playing left back from being able to attack as he leaves them with 2/3 defenders while he wanders into the box
Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:28 - Jan 16 with 2750 viewsAngelRangelQS

Birmingham enquire about Routledge on 17:25 - Jan 16 by JackBaston

Well he has 0 assists
Barrow 3 and Montero whos played half the games 1

He does have 2 goals

But for me personally, he stops whoevers playing left back from being able to attack as he leaves them with 2/3 defenders while he wanders into the box

Well montero is probably the most injury prone player we've got so we can't rely on him. He's the worst winger of the lot (quite an achievement)

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument over Routledge because he's sh*t too... but he's not any sh*tter than the others
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 17:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024