Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'pussy' generation 17:26 - Jan 16 with 3602 viewsrock1n

What is your take on this? There is currently a liberal use of the word snowflake taking place.

Is there some truth to this? Are the younger generation now just a bunch of wimps? Obviously not every single one of them but I do think years and years of well meaning liberalism has caused some big issues and In say that as someone who would consider myself pretty liberal.

If there's one benefit to this brexit/trump/populism at the moment maybe we'll have a slight correction away from this rather wishy washy always offended crap.

What are your thoughts

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The 'pussy' generation on 21:00 - Jan 16 with 1297 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'pussy' generation on 20:36 - Jan 16 by exiledclaseboy

"Snowflake" and "SJW" are just lazy pejoratives that can be thrown in the direction of anyone who disagrees with you and can't be bothered to debate the points. Similar to "bigot" on the other end of the spectrum I suppose. Just that "snowflake" and "SJW" are infinitely more childish.

What term would you give to a non-Italian who finds the term "Eyetie" offensive?

Apart from dull cûnt and self-righteous prick, obviously.
The 'pussy' generation on 21:21 - Jan 16 with 1254 viewsswanjackal

The 'pussy' generation on 20:52 - Jan 16 by Murph75

You should never assume. If don't know everything. Far from it in fact.

From what I see on a daily basis is a generation of young adults who aren't afraid to show their emotions and won't tolerate racism, fascism and homophobia like generations have done in the past. They're sharp witted and live every single minute of their life like it should be lived.

The only criticism is their music is sh!t.

I assumed because you dismissed my view as "bollocks", and it took a prompt for you to give a decent reply.

And there are people like you have described, which is something I grant, but there are many of this generation who do not apply the concept universally, but only to certain groups.

There are many of this generation though that tolerate their own forms of bigotry, just not in the traditional sense as we have historically seen, refusing to call out specific forms of bigotry, thus even supporting strings of it.

A lot become easily offended, and lack the skills to deal with these situations with fair/reasonable debate, often slinging out meaningless platitudes.

I don't see as sharp a wit as their older peers, often seeing those taking offence over nuanced humour, being derived from the most inconspicuous of statements. As for living life like it should, it depends, some do, some grasp life well, some don't, but that depends on how you class life should be lived.

I am not saying all the generation though, just a large volume, and giving the prior generation a pass, there are "snowflakes" there too, just not visibly in as high quantities.

I agree though, modern music, and media is generally shite.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The 'pussy' generation on 21:28 - Jan 16 with 1239 viewsMurph75

The 'pussy' generation on 21:21 - Jan 16 by swanjackal

I assumed because you dismissed my view as "bollocks", and it took a prompt for you to give a decent reply.

And there are people like you have described, which is something I grant, but there are many of this generation who do not apply the concept universally, but only to certain groups.

There are many of this generation though that tolerate their own forms of bigotry, just not in the traditional sense as we have historically seen, refusing to call out specific forms of bigotry, thus even supporting strings of it.

A lot become easily offended, and lack the skills to deal with these situations with fair/reasonable debate, often slinging out meaningless platitudes.

I don't see as sharp a wit as their older peers, often seeing those taking offence over nuanced humour, being derived from the most inconspicuous of statements. As for living life like it should, it depends, some do, some grasp life well, some don't, but that depends on how you class life should be lived.

I am not saying all the generation though, just a large volume, and giving the prior generation a pass, there are "snowflakes" there too, just not visibly in as high quantities.

I agree though, modern music, and media is generally shite.

You can say the same about any generation. Apart from those who turned from boys to men during the 90's. What a frigging decade that was.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 21:29]
The 'pussy' generation on 21:29 - Jan 16 with 1230 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 'pussy' generation on 21:00 - Jan 16 by WarwickHunt

What term would you give to a non-Italian who finds the term "Eyetie" offensive?

Apart from dull cûnt and self-righteous prick, obviously.

Are you referring to anyone specific, Philip?

Poll: Tory leader

The 'pussy' generation on 21:34 - Jan 16 with 1203 viewsswanjackal

The 'pussy' generation on 21:28 - Jan 16 by Murph75

You can say the same about any generation. Apart from those who turned from boys to men during the 90's. What a frigging decade that was.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 21:29]

True, we progressively have become "pussified" step by step.

The 90's certainly had its moments, another thing I can agree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The 'pussy' generation on 22:47 - Jan 16 with 1109 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'pussy' generation on 21:29 - Jan 16 by exiledclaseboy

Are you referring to anyone specific, Philip?

Nope. Just a recent example of vicarious outrage/virtue signalling.
The 'pussy' generation on 22:59 - Jan 16 with 1085 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 'pussy' generation on 22:47 - Jan 16 by WarwickHunt

Nope. Just a recent example of vicarious outrage/virtue signalling.

Ah yes. "Virtue signalling". Another of those new phrases so beloved of populists.

You're too old to become Jeremy Clarkson now, mush. Stop it. It's unbecoming.

The 'pussy' generation on 23:40 - Jan 16 with 1034 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'pussy' generation on 22:59 - Jan 16 by exiledclaseboy

Ah yes. "Virtue signalling". Another of those new phrases so beloved of populists.

You're too old to become Jeremy Clarkson now, mush. Stop it. It's unbecoming.

Arf! You're apparently not too old become Jeremy Corbyn though.

Here's a quid. Buy a box of Kleenex for that bleeding heart of yours.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'pussy' generation on 23:48 - Jan 16 with 1013 viewsBanosswan

The 'pussy' generation on 23:40 - Jan 16 by WarwickHunt

I'm shocked you laid off his punctuation.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The 'pussy' generation on 00:04 - Jan 17 with 974 viewsacejack3065

Ah yes virtue signalling. The idea of repurposing altruism as a negative.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 0:06]
The 'pussy' generation on 00:20 - Jan 17 with 958 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'pussy' generation on 00:04 - Jan 17 by acejack3065

Ah yes virtue signalling. The idea of repurposing altruism as a negative.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 0:06]

Armchair altruism. More often than not via social media.
The 'pussy' generation on 00:22 - Jan 17 with 951 viewsacejack3065

The 'pussy' generation on 00:20 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

Armchair altruism. More often than not via social media.

Nice that we leave it up to the arm chair racists to call out the arm chair altruists then.
The 'pussy' generation on 00:24 - Jan 17 with 948 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'pussy' generation on 00:22 - Jan 17 by acejack3065

Nice that we leave it up to the arm chair racists to call out the arm chair altruists then.

Racist? Really?

Go on, I'll wait...
The 'pussy' generation on 00:25 - Jan 17 with 945 viewsacejack3065

The 'pussy' generation on 00:24 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

Racist? Really?

Go on, I'll wait...

Now who is a snowflake. I didn't call you racist.

But have you been on Twitter in the last 12 months?
The 'pussy' generation on 00:26 - Jan 17 with 940 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'pussy' generation on 00:25 - Jan 17 by acejack3065

Now who is a snowflake. I didn't call you racist.

But have you been on Twitter in the last 12 months?

It was inferred.

Twitter is for cûnts, so no. I do see links to it though.
The 'pussy' generation on 01:07 - Jan 17 with 854 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The 'pussy' generation on 00:26 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

It was inferred.

Twitter is for cûnts, so no. I do see links to it though.

Hey, Darran's always on twitter. Ah yes, I see what you mean.........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The 'pussy' generation on 09:59 - Jan 17 with 769 viewsHighjack

The 'pussy' generation on 20:52 - Jan 16 by Murph75

You should never assume. If don't know everything. Far from it in fact.

From what I see on a daily basis is a generation of young adults who aren't afraid to show their emotions and won't tolerate racism, fascism and homophobia like generations have done in the past. They're sharp witted and live every single minute of their life like it should be lived.

The only criticism is their music is sh!t.

It's fantastic that they don't tolerate those things. The problem is they are generally intolerant of everything. They don't tolerate anyone with a differing opinion to their own, they can't tolerate democracy. If faced with an opinion they disagree with they will want to silence it rather than actually having the wit and fortitude to engage in debate. They are also hypocritical, happy to rail against misogyny and homophobia when a celebrity unwittingly uses the wrong turn of phrase on Twitter, but are strangely silent towards other cultures who routinely class women and gays as second class human beings, because that would be racist wouldn't it?

I do believe it's the vocal minority though. It's not right or fair to tarnish an entire generation with the same brush.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 'pussy' generation on 10:05 - Jan 17 with 762 viewsdickythorpe

A proportion of youngsters are too easily led by "social media", celebs etc etc ......where do they get that from I wonder????
The 'pussy' generation on 20:10 - Jan 17 with 680 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 'pussy' generation on 23:40 - Jan 16 by WarwickHunt

My god, what's happened to you? You used to be interesting. Now you're just a more loquacious Dailew. What a disappointment.

The 'pussy' generation on 20:40 - Jan 17 with 664 viewsMurph75

The 'pussy' generation on 09:59 - Jan 17 by Highjack

It's fantastic that they don't tolerate those things. The problem is they are generally intolerant of everything. They don't tolerate anyone with a differing opinion to their own, they can't tolerate democracy. If faced with an opinion they disagree with they will want to silence it rather than actually having the wit and fortitude to engage in debate. They are also hypocritical, happy to rail against misogyny and homophobia when a celebrity unwittingly uses the wrong turn of phrase on Twitter, but are strangely silent towards other cultures who routinely class women and gays as second class human beings, because that would be racist wouldn't it?

I do believe it's the vocal minority though. It's not right or fair to tarnish an entire generation with the same brush.

You could be talking about any generation with what you've typed. There's absolutely nothing specific in that at all.
The 'pussy' generation on 20:42 - Jan 17 with 656 viewsBanosswan

The 'pussy' generation on 20:40 - Jan 17 by Murph75

You could be talking about any generation with what you've typed. There's absolutely nothing specific in that at all.

Social media?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The 'pussy' generation on 20:43 - Jan 17 with 656 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'pussy' generation on 20:40 - Jan 17 by Murph75

My great grandfather loved Twitter.
The 'pussy' generation on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 647 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'pussy' generation on 20:10 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

My god, what's happened to you? You used to be interesting. Now you're just a more loquacious Dailew. What a disappointment.

I suppose faux disappointment is better than faux outrage. I'm sure you'll get over it, Andrew.
The 'pussy' generation on 20:51 - Jan 17 with 638 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 'pussy' generation on 20:45 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

I suppose faux disappointment is better than faux outrage. I'm sure you'll get over it, Andrew.

I've no doubt I will, Philip. In fact, I already am. I hope you rediscover your mojo soon otherwise it'll be even more evident that Drizzy has been right all along.

The 'pussy' generation on 20:54 - Jan 17 with 630 viewsMurph75

The 'pussy' generation on 20:42 - Jan 17 by Banosswan

Social media?

There's a a whole host of various generations on social media. You're clutching at straws with that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024