Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 team mini league - forget the rest 03:21 - Jan 17 with 2828 viewsjazzswan

Please stop all the doom and gloom, we have been pretty poor this season, with tiny glimpses of hope thrown our way here and there

HOWEVER the reality is that SWANS do have more than a 25% chance of remaining in premier league.

4 teams HULL, PALACE, SUNDERLAND AND US

share a 1 point difference.

3 of these 4 teams WILL PROBABLY be relegated,,

WE need to be a point ahead of these 3 teams at the end and with 17 games to go that is DOABLE

SWANS are NOT relegated at this point and if can improve we WILL be above those 3 teams

simple -- motto for rest of the season is
ONE MORE POINT.....than them!!

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 06:50 - Jan 17 with 2768 viewskarnataka

Absolutely right. Whichever of those 4 can be marginally less shocking than the other 3 over 17 games, will probably survive. At the moment it's a lottery but if PC can improve us, we've got as good a chance of survival as any of the others so giving up now is not an option. It'll go to the wire though, I'm sure of that.
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 07:52 - Jan 17 with 2703 viewspencoedjack

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 06:50 - Jan 17 by karnataka

Absolutely right. Whichever of those 4 can be marginally less shocking than the other 3 over 17 games, will probably survive. At the moment it's a lottery but if PC can improve us, we've got as good a chance of survival as any of the others so giving up now is not an option. It'll go to the wire though, I'm sure of that.

Well with the consensus on here being we will be playing Ki/Carroll in front of an already shaky defence, my predication is we come bottom of our 4 team mini league.
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 07:57 - Jan 17 with 2692 viewsswanaway

Couldn't agree more, just under half a season left and as you say the other 3 teams are equally as bad. Our season will be defined by our results against teams near the bottom, not teams at the top.
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 08:21 - Jan 17 with 2655 viewsMuteswan

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 07:57 - Jan 17 by swanaway

Couldn't agree more, just under half a season left and as you say the other 3 teams are equally as bad. Our season will be defined by our results against teams near the bottom, not teams at the top.

With an encouraging first half on Saturday against Arsenal, who, let's not forget, are a very good team, I'm hoping that PC can sort out the defence with ,hopefully, some additions. If we can scrape a few results together against the " bigger" teams and pick up the wins against those teams around us and just above us we could do this. Yes , a lot of " ifs" but the OP is right. We can still do this.
Don't forget they are still OUR team, they were OUR team in the fourth division years ago and we supported then, let's give them our full support and hope it lifts the players. WE CAN DO THIS!
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 08:32 - Jan 17 with 2612 viewsSgorioFruit

This all comes down to Our players walking backwards.
If clement can stop them doing that then we may have a glimmer of hope.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 08:44 - Jan 17 with 2588 viewsPegojack

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 08:32 - Jan 17 by SgorioFruit

I'm Walking Backwards for Christmas.
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 08:51 - Jan 17 with 2572 viewscostalotta

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 08:21 - Jan 17 by Muteswan

With an encouraging first half on Saturday against Arsenal, who, let's not forget, are a very good team, I'm hoping that PC can sort out the defence with ,hopefully, some additions. If we can scrape a few results together against the " bigger" teams and pick up the wins against those teams around us and just above us we could do this. Yes , a lot of " ifs" but the OP is right. We can still do this.
Don't forget they are still OUR team, they were OUR team in the fourth division years ago and we supported then, let's give them our full support and hope it lifts the players. WE CAN DO THIS!

It can be done no doubt.

But before we achieve it we must understand our strengths and weaknesses 120%.

Against Arsenal last Saturday it's been said we were good in the first half. I'm not sure I agree totally with that. I think it was a case of Arsenal being poor to be honest. We were slightly better than we'd been recently granted but we were light lightweight and powderpuff and as soon as Arsenal switched on we reverted back.

I'm hoping this is nit just a confidence issue with our current players. Clearly we need better players but in order for us to have a fighting chance of staying up everyone from the board, recruitment, players current and those to come in need to up their game. I would also include our fans in the equation as we need to do our bit on match days. That said, we the fans ALWAYS do, will the club? I'm not sure they will as they are playing on the "loyal" supporter will spend their money in the team blah blah!
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 09:17 - Jan 17 with 2516 viewsJokeren1943

The idea about the mini-league is spot on.

I like our new manager (so far). But I want to see our defends stabilized before I will talk about having a chance.

Abit gloomy i know.
Login to get fewer ads

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 09:45 - Jan 17 with 2466 viewshammy

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 08:32 - Jan 17 by SgorioFruit

Yes, this is a key problem with the defence at the moment. We keep backing off and allowing the attacking team to get in and around the box. Then when they shoot they have a good chance of causing chaos via a deflection or nervous defending. We need to keep the opposition away from our box !

The other problem we have is losing the ball just outside the box by trying to do a little flick or dummy where a simple pass is needed. Siggy was guilty of this for the Arsenal 2nd goal on Saturday.

We've just got to be more solid and direct in defence; the rest of our game can then look after itself. But not sure the current players are capable of this ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 10:35 - Jan 17 with 2407 viewsperchrockjack

and with a clueless chairman taking us ever downwards signing yet more mediocrity.

No captain worthy of the word

and a silent ,apathetic ,broken home crowd

This is why we are sinking seeing this utter dross of a OP.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 11:13 - Jan 17 with 2359 viewssherpajacob

Hull and Sunderland are rubbish and will go down.

We have been equally rubbish, but can be a lot better as can Palace.

Watford certainly have it in them to drop into the mix, because they are rubbish as well.

I just fear we've left it to too lateate and our goal difference could sink.us

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 11:22 - Jan 17 with 2344 viewsA_Fans_Dad

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 11:13 - Jan 17 by sherpajacob

Watford certainly have it in them to drop into the mix, because they are rubbish as well.

Is that the same Hull the beat Bournemouth 3 : 1 on Saturday?
I would not be so sure that they are equally rubbish.
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 11:39 - Jan 17 with 2322 viewsFlashberryjack

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 11:22 - Jan 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Is that the same Hull the beat Bournemouth 3 : 1 on Saturday?
I would not be so sure that they are equally rubbish.

We are at the bottom of the league because we are more rubbish than than our relegation rivals.

How much did we lose at home to Bournemouth BY ? And by how much did Hull beat Bournemouth at home ?

Yeah! Hull and Sunderland Hull are rubbish, and as awful as Palace are, we're still at the bottom of the pile with a far inferior goal difference.

We are at the bottom of the league because we deserve to be there, and our response to this is, recall Marvin, and bring in Carroll and Olsen.

Forgive me if that doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 12:43 - Jan 17 with 2267 viewsjack2jack

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 11:39 - Jan 17 by Flashberryjack

We are at the bottom of the league because we are more rubbish than than our relegation rivals.

How much did we lose at home to Bournemouth BY ? And by how much did Hull beat Bournemouth at home ?

Yeah! Hull and Sunderland Hull are rubbish, and as awful as Palace are, we're still at the bottom of the pile with a far inferior goal difference.

We are at the bottom of the league because we deserve to be there, and our response to this is, recall Marvin, and bring in Carroll and Olsen.

Forgive me if that doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Agree and there's the rub, our goal difference is shocking , could be a deal breaker come the end of the season. So we need to sort out our defence pretty sharpish, and start knocking them in at the other end, otherwise I can only see one outcome.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 12:48]
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 13:04 - Jan 17 with 2224 viewsJJJack

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 11:13 - Jan 17 by sherpajacob

I agree. Hull and Sunderland are crap- but Hull are punching above their weight and are the gutsiest of the bottom 4.
Palace and us have better squads. Narsingh, Carroll and Olsson improve our squad IMO though I'd still like to see a commanding CB come in.
Watford are in freefall and Boro struggle to score.
But unless our defending improves we will undoubtedly go down.
The problem is in our heads- the off field stuff not helping either. Clement needs to get into their heads.
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 20:25 - Jan 17 with 2089 viewsKilkennyjack

I think that Hull and Swans are the poorest squads in the league.

Palace and Sunderland are both a little bit better.

Come on Clemo - good coaching will help us no end.

Beware of the Risen People

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 21:47 - Jan 17 with 2036 viewsPrivate_Partz

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 20:25 - Jan 17 by Kilkennyjack

Plus a commanding centre half and a crunching midfielder. This will help us make a fist of staying up.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 17:47 - Jan 18 with 1907 viewsSgorioFruit

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 09:45 - Jan 17 by hammy

Yes, this is a key problem with the defence at the moment. We keep backing off and allowing the attacking team to get in and around the box. Then when they shoot they have a good chance of causing chaos via a deflection or nervous defending. We need to keep the opposition away from our box !

The other problem we have is losing the ball just outside the box by trying to do a little flick or dummy where a simple pass is needed. Siggy was guilty of this for the Arsenal 2nd goal on Saturday.

We've just got to be more solid and direct in defence; the rest of our game can then look after itself. But not sure the current players are capable of this ...

finally, someone agrees with SgorioFruit

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 18:10 - Jan 18 with 1886 viewspencoedjack

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 20:25 - Jan 17 by Kilkennyjack

I agree about Palace but not Sunderland if ever there was a 1 man team it's them

Unfortunately I see us Hull and the Mackems going down

Obviously hope I'm wrong
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 18:35 - Jan 18 with 1850 viewsJango

I can see boro being dragged into the mix. They struggle for goals and have bought strikers who don't score to help them out.
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 18:57 - Jan 18 with 1835 viewsGlyn1

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 18:35 - Jan 18 by Jango

I can see boro being dragged into the mix. They struggle for goals and have bought strikers who don't score to help them out.

I agree, and also Watford, who have taken just 3 points out of a possible 24 in their last 8 matches, even we've done better than that. At our present rate of progress we should overtake them in about 18 matches.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 03:54 - Jan 19 with 1730 viewssnork44

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 21:47 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

Plus a commanding centre half and a crunching midfielder. This will help us make a fist of staying up.

Expect Huw to state that we were trying for further players , but they were either out of our price range, they were snapped by a better offer from another club or we didn't have enough time to register the world beater from Peru! This will be code for Huw who basically getting the three players he wanted couldn't be arsed to get Paul Clements recommendations are they would have cost too much and would have eaten into his dividends.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 12:00]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

4 team mini league - forget the rest on 16:39 - Jan 19 with 1605 viewsAl_Bundy

Palace won't be down there for long. Sam will make his mark and Palace have enough quality to pull away from the bottom.

Hull have enough fight in them and could just scrape it

We are complete dogshit and are adding more sh1te in this window again.. I sometimes think the board and Jenkins have completely forgot what global playing stage we're on.
4 team mini league - forget the rest on 16:58 - Jan 19 with 1592 viewsAussieSwan

It is going to go right to the wire and come down to the crucial six pointers. Middlesborough and Watford could still get dragged into it as well but I'd much rather be in their spot than ours right now

Defoe can pull Sunderland out of the mire on his own like he did last season, and Pickford at the other end has been immense this season too. Sunderland have proven time and again you can't write them off, no matter how bad they start.

Hull have beaten us twice this season and we are yet to put a goal past them, but their new manager has definitely given them a boost so it'll be interesting to see where they go from here. Equal favourites for the drop with us, perhaps

Palace have Fat Sam who usually gets teams playing ugly football and generally keeps them up, and have a fair bit of quality in the squad that everyone thought would survive comfortably on paper

Then there's us - mentally weak, defensively fragile, problems on and off the pitch - but STILL only one point away from safety. If the players get firing and show some passion and fight then we can definitely survive. Clement, Makelele and the new signings will hopefully give us a boost but we need to turn the ship pretty quickly

That's the thing I love about the Premier League - you can never predict what'll happen next
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 17:04]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024